I think if i let the wife buy a bathing suit
she'll let me buy another book!
:)

H

On 2009-09-03 08:06, little lost tiki wrote:
I think if i let the wife buy a bathing suit
she'll let me buy another book!

Compromise is right across the street Kinny.

... and while she's shopping you should be buying this... Isn't it time you cranked your collection up a notch with this ONE- OF-A-KIND PNG inspired ant eater fetish hand built by legendary sculptor Squid!

This beauty will be the centerpiece of any serious art lovers modern primitive collection. I am quite suprised it is still available and whomever takes this home will be very fortunate indeed.

BUMP!

Do you have any BOOKS on PNG anteaters?
:lol:

gettin ready to make the trek
to the SDMA for some Oceanic madness
and then down to the Boutiki for a night that will be FREAKY!
Got the truck a-packed with LLT and Toe art!
See youse there!

On 2009-08-21 14:42, Matt Reese wrote:
So, who's coming down for the closing reception? Sounds like fun.

On 2009-08-21 15:33, squid wrote:

ME! Hank promised a sweaty deli tray and a bottle of Night Train for all the artists!

mmmmmmm!
a Night train Deli tray!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENT:

The gallery will be openning after two pm today and staying open till eleven PM for Tiki Island 3 Closing Reception. Hope to see you there.

M
mieko posted on Fri, Sep 4, 2009 1:42 PM

See you all soooon!!

OOOh, how I wish I could've attended the Tiki Island 3 exhibit at FBG :(... that said, I'm sure it was a HUGE SUCCESS based upon all the mega-talented artists featured during this show! :) WOW! :o

I'm just hoping this was only the beginning, of what will be even more exhibits and gallery shows of unique talent and artistic themes? I think its FANTASTIC that Hodaddy is the intrusted proprietor over such diverse talent, providing a single outlet of many to see and showcase a collective group!! :D

Continued success and support to Hank and the Freaky Boutiki tribe!!! :tiki:

H
Heath posted on Sun, Sep 6, 2009 8:53 AM

Thanks Hank for a great evening! You're the host with the most!
The food was delicious, met alot of people, the natives were friendly (except for the girl upstairs with the sqirt gun :wink: ) and there seemed to be all sorts of new art I somehow missed last time I was there.
Lots of fun conversation but I would have to say that the word of the night was "Brotardy", thanks Squid!

B
Bowana posted on Sun, Sep 6, 2009 9:26 AM

How do you like your new title "Hodadhank, Gallery Curator"? A man of culture and sophistication. :)

Thanks Hank, Nick and everyone else involved at the Freaky Boutiki!
Where's the pics??

On 2009-09-05 07:35, TravelingJones wrote:
OOOh, how I wish I could've attended the Tiki Island 3 exhibit at FBG :(...

Hopefully next time, Jonesy!

Bowie

MR

It was a nice relaxed evening. The food was really good. Thanks Hank for busting your butt in the heat to keep things rolling. Good to see everyone.

Hank...
Wonderful Food
Wonderful Music
Wonderful Vibe
Wonderful Art
Wonderful Books
Wonderful Gallery
Wondeful night!

Thanks for all the hard work and love you've put into this exhibition
and thanks for the faith you've put into Tiki Art and their artists!

Rockin!
Buy Freaky Boutiki Gallery artwork!
TODAY!

many thanks for everything hank! it was a great night of tiki art, tiki people,free shirts, and fried Jamaican food! thanks again!

B

Thanks for a wonderful night Hank. Freaky Boutiki RULES!!!

Mahalo for the turnout and kind words folks.

It was great seeing the artists mingling with the locals. So many new people were turned onto the genre by this exhibition and getting to hobnob with some of the artists themselves just sealed the deal. I believe you all made some lifelong tiki converts! In fact yesterday as we were wrapping up the sold pieces for their new owners more tiki neophites visited the gallery and purchased Kinny Ruzic's wonderful Monkeyman framed "The Magical Fish", a Paipo resin inlay Niku, a Bowana Uber Ku and an underwater photo of a honu by Rodney Adcox!

Special Mahalos to ETR, Tiki Magazine, Guava Beach, Jamroc101, Mr Tiki's Mai Tai Lounge, Hassan, Kinny, The Ruiners, and of course my own team of angels Charlie, Toni and Pinky. You guys are the shiznibbity biznit.

To all the artists who participated in this our very first show at Freaky Boutiki Gallery, Welcome home.

We have so many ideas for future shows I don't know where to start, but promise to keep everyone posted.

I tried to take as many pictures as I could in between playing host and perfecting my impression of the increadable melting man! Jeez was it hot or what? I was hoping for a nice sea breeze but the wind pooped out on us. I guess we can just tell everyone what a hot show it was and leave it at that.

Please post your pics everybody. (Yes OMAR I have your camera!)

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Sep 7, 2009 1:45 AM

Hank, thanks for the kick up the arse when I needed one, and thanks for opening what is probably the coolest art gallery in the world (and maybe the only one fully dedicated to TIKI?) Even though I'm slightly dislocated from all the goings-on, I have still enjoyed the experience immensely.
Now where the hell are the rest of the pics? I can see at least one other guy with a camera above...

B
BigToe posted on Tue, Sep 8, 2009 3:53 PM

i like turtles

L

This pic reminds me of the Burger King guy and how he is always lurking behind people. Fantastic!

H

Wow a Big Toe sighting! I promised your collectors they could meet you at the reception and now they want their money back. Please send a cheque post haste. Hope the monster truck ralley was fun... Turtle lover.

On 2009-09-08 16:44, leleliz wrote:
This pic reminds me of the Burger King guy and how he is always lurking behind people. Fantastic!

Crazy huh? I didn't even have to ask these guys to pose. Apparently they always eat like this.

Actually Bab's hat inspired me to replicate the old Verve cover from The Dynamic Duo album by Jimmy Smith and Wes Montgomery.

Hmmm... Now i'm gonna have to go to Burger King for a sammich!!!

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2009-09-09 09:09 ]

Burger king guy!
:lol:
classic!

let's have a Burger King guy Group show!

Sorry it took me so long to get these up.....LONG weekend!!

Thanks for your hospitality, Hank! We had a fun time, man. It was great to everyone that I saw, but I did get there a little late.

P
Paipo posted on Wed, Sep 9, 2009 1:31 AM

Sweet! I thought that was you up above with the camera, thanks Billy!

Great pix Billy!
Thanks for taking and posting em!
and Man! did you look SNAZZY on Friday!

Buddy Squid ! nice shirt (from swap) c u at Luau in Lake George

oh yeah gallery is way cool too! been there at Oasis!

No prob, Paips and Kinny! Once again, sorry for the delay getting them up.

People still coming in to get their tiki on!
This cat was awesome. I have his card here someplace. I'ts got his pic next to a six foot long burrito! He dug the Paipos so took one home!

David and His brother snatch up a Rodney Adcox and a Kinny Ruzic.

Reeses' Pieces

Ian McRae owner of hula's island grill & Tiki Room Test drives a handbuilt clay Squid drum!

While gearing up in secrecy for a very special themed
Halloween show coming in October, it seems a fitting
moment for FREAKY BOUTIKI GALLERY to welcome the whimsical
work of ERIC OCTOBER...

As well as his popular TIKI BOB PLUSHIE, FBG is now the
EXCLUSIVE seller of the Eric's hand sewn TRADER MORT PLUSHIE
pictured below!

Big Toe with his painting Dangerous Surf" during his visit to the gallery yesterday. We chatted about his influences for this particular piece being Katsushika Hokusai and Rick Griffin. 170 years and 5480 miles separate the two but their inspiraton live together successfully in the imagination and artwork of Big Toe.

Anyone familiar with the 1966 Bruce brown surf epic Endless Summer will imediately recognize these iconic surfers... but wait, somethings amiss... Those aren't the siluettes of Mike Hynson and Robert August... those are Rothian Big Toe Wierdos!!!! Bitchin! I LOVE this piece!

Aptly titled Endless Bummer!

This image of Legendary Skater Jay Boy Adams taken by Glenn E Friedman in 1976 show the rider atop a wooden Logan Earth Ski, the very style deck this image has been painted upon by Big Toe but not just any thrift store finD. This is Big Toe's deck! His favorite from "back in the day". Personal recollections of big toe about the Z-boys and their vast influence on skate and surf culture in Southern Califiornia and the world is hand penned on the back!

Jay Boy detail.

Hey look! It's Toe's sis with her brand new Tiki Mask and it's cheerful carver Tiki Omar. This piece (Mask #5) was begun at Tiki Oasis in August.

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2009-09-14 13:16 ]

HT

This was a mug made by Babalu that I bought at the Freak Factory during Tiki Oasis 9. I had a base made to display the tiki mug on while I was in HAWAII.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 171 replies