Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Jan 30th * Tikiyaki Orchestra @ Trader Vics,Palo Alto - Tix Avail NOW

Pages: 1 2 3 108 replies

Lookin' good Jungle Trader!

T

Yo Jungle Trader,

Can we borrow some of those for Stage Decor ? We'll peddle them throughout the show !

You bet you can borrow a few.
Also, I heard that Tiki Bong's gonna be slidin' pluckin' steel. Haven't seen him in years. This is gonna be fun.
Mahalo Tikitastic.

Who needs peyote when you have Smuggler's Cove.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2010-01-16 16:07 ]

I have my ticket and my finest aloha wear is all picked out. I do have a few questions though being a Tiki newbie and all.

1. When would be a good time to show up to get a good seat?

2. Are the vendors going to have their tiki swag up before, after or both?

3. I'm assuming that food and drink are extra. Being that the show is in the banquet room will we have to change our seats when the show starts or just eat and drink until the pleasant booze induced fuzz starts during the show?

4. It's been rumored that like Tiki Oasis there may be some room parties. How does one get included and what is the rumored room party protocol?

5. I want to be a good attendee for the hosts. If there is a room party what should I bring to make my stay a pleasant one for the hosts and myself?

Inquiring minds want to know.

T

On 2010-01-16 16:02, Jungle Trader wrote:
You bet you can borrow a few.
Also, I heard that Tiki Bong's gonna be slidin' pluckin' steel. Haven't seen him in years. This is gonna be fun.
Mahalo Tikitastic.

Who needs peyote when you have Smuggler's Cove.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2010-01-16 16:07 ]

Correct....

Bong will be filling in for Gary Brandin. Gary has obligations at home that make it difficult for him to do long distance shows.

On 2009-12-01 20:48, TikiGeeki wrote:
Alright SoCal tiki savages! Are you going to let our beloved Tikiyaki be eaten alive by those northern cannibals?! Hell No! Tikiyaki needs our support.

I also hear there are some damn fine tiki bars up there, not to mention the Smuggler's Cove opening up. I'm just saying... sounds like a prime time for a road trip!

I'm planning to be a part of a road trip to the savage north, drink my financial woes away and delve head first into some great escapism. WHO'S WITH ME?!?! If we can get a few people, splitting gas, hotel, bar tab, etc. (thought I'd throw in that last one just in case I catch you off guard... had to try) should be much more doable than what I would spend alone.

TikiGiki & SoCal Tiki Savages,

I'm going to have my first visit to Smuggler's Cove but they open at 5:00. The TO show at Trader Vic's in Palo Alto begins at 6:00 and the show starts at 8:30. Now me being a tiki newbie I don't know if I'll have time to arrive there to get good seats because the Cove is about 45 minutes away. I really want to see the Cove but at the same time get good seats for TO. Maybe it doesn't matter if I'm a little late in showing up for TO? I don't know never having been to one of these shin digs before. I'm jazzed at increasing my tiki Ohana to include you and the rest of the So Cal gang that's going to be on your road trip. Clue me in on the details of your additional stop(s) and maybe we can arrange a meet at the Cove before the TO show.

PS We norhtern Cannibals only eat tourists not Tiki Ohana so you and the Tikiyaki are safe in our hands.

I heard from Tiki Geeki, and Tiki G that they are not able to make it up.
I am still trying to figure out how to make it possible, but its not looking good.
The holidays hit me hard.
I am really hoping I can make it up.
I really want to see Tikiyaki in Nor. Cal.
and I haven't been to the PA trader Vics.

Jeff(btd)

H

BTD, sent you a PM.

M
mp posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 12:33 AM

Now this is what Im talking about!!!!

I cant wait for this. I have some paintings
I'll be bringing, but also some cool ceramics that
may or may not be fired on time. Im praying to the gods for some
luck and some last minute, squeezed in kiln action.
See you all there.

Oh yeah, I forgot about "choppa the hut".

Hopefully he will be coming along. Cheers

[ Edited by: mp 2010-01-19 00:50 ]

L

MP!!!

Awesome!

I hope they are done in time

Choppa the Hut and Rum barrel Bob..
good stuff empee....

T

WOW! Mikel, those Bob pieces are killer! Love the Hut, too!

O

REALY looking foreword to this event. There is a little known story of how Tikiyaki live came into being and everyone should be in awe of the work Jim has put into this group. It’s damn hard to form, and keep together, a large band of this quality. Groups like this typically can’t afford to go on the road. Make up your mind to see them now you Nor Cal fence sitters! We need to make sure this gig goes well so there’ll be more like it.

Here my own shameless promotion as one of the vendors. A few Velvets by Song Shen:

Classic Velvets
by Song Shen

[ Edited by: Okolehao 2010-01-19 16:05 ]

O
Otto posted on Tue, Jan 19, 2010 9:40 PM

On 2010-01-19 00:33, mp wrote:
Now this is what Im talking about!!!!

I cant wait for this. I have some paintings
I'll be bringing, but also some cool ceramics that
may or may not be fired on time. Im praying to the gods for some
luck and some last minute, squeezed in kiln action.
See you all there.

MP

I gotta have ona those Bobs, I hope you get them done in time,
If so just pack it up in a box for me!

Have a great show you guys. Here are a couple of numbers from your New Years Eve concert at Don the Beachcomber's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUWSsmIAARo

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2010-01-19 22:42 ]

Does anyone know if
there be happy hour
specials that night? I
like to get really happy.

Yes, there will be happy hour specials. I think the standard happy hour at TV PA goes until 6pm everyday.

This Saturday Folks ! Get your tickets in ADVANCE !
Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 the night of the show....

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE !

All Advance ticketholders get this swell Tikiyaki Orchestra Swizzle...

Is Radim getting the flyers out?

They're out there as far as I know.

I set up a pile of fliers at Forbidden Island a couple of weeks ago and will be replenishing the pile tomorrow.

Yup, we've been passing them out. Looking forward to seeing the band (finally!) on Saturday. Hopefully see some or all of you at FI too!

T

Aloha everybody!

Looking forward to the show this weekend with the Awesome Tikiyaki Orchestra! Lots of incredible art posted by the vendors too!

I've been working on lots of new stuff, here's a peek...

Continuing the exotic tiki isle map series:

And the vinyl wall hanging tiki series:

And I now have tiki drum trilogy with the completion of these two paintings:

This last one is an homage to the Bongo Beatdown that the TIkiyaki Orchestra performs during live shows!

A fun PNG painting:

And a piece inspired by a song that was introduced to me by Tikiyaki's own Marty Lush, Hawaiian Cha Cha Cha:

Plus I'll be bringing my Valentine's Day cards and pendants!

Working on some other pieces that I hope to have finished by showtime!

L

Hey Eric...feel free to bake some cookies too :wink:

See you Saturday! Woot!Woot!

On 2010-01-25 19:02, Molokai Mike wrote:
Yup, we've been passing them out. Looking forward to seeing the band (finally!) on Saturday. Hopefully see some or all of you at FI too!

Dats mighty fine an gracious of you to pass them out Molokai. Mahalo too Coyle.

Any SoCal-ites that want to make the road trip, we have an extra seat. We'll be leaving Saturday AM, probably around 7 from Long Beach and coming back Sunday afternoon. We're renting an SUV of some kind, so we should have plenty of space. PM me if you're interested.

Be sure to pace yourself on the freeway Jason!!!

Oooooh....I see a swizzleeeeeee in my future. :)

On 2010-01-26 21:38, VampiressRN wrote:
Be sure to pace yourself on the freeway Jason!!!

Oooooh....I see a swizzleeeeeee in my future. :)

Nah, if I drive too fast I might spill my Mai Tai! :wink:

Jim,
So glad you guys could make it to northern California. The cd's are great, but that live sound is a real treat.

TK

I'll be there with my little grass shack! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

http://www.tikiking.com Neat Tiki and Ukulele Stuff

[ Edited by: Tiki King 2010-01-27 08:55 ]

On 2010-01-27 08:19, alohacurrent wrote:
Jim,
So glad you guys could make it to northern California. The cd's are great, but that live sound is a real treat.

So, Brad that means I'll see you and Melony on Sat ?

D

We just returned from Tiki Farm with a full load of goodies for the show. There will be over 50 different designs, so there will be something for everyone. There are too many things to list but let me say Holden is letting go of a few things from the "rafters". I will get a few pics up a little later today.

SWEET !!!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.