Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 2 on June 4th-6th (go to www.tiki-caliente.com for official Swag)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 471 replies

J
Jetson posted on Thu, Mar 4, 2010 7:08 PM

Who doesn't love the Caliente! Although the weather will be a little caliente itself. :P

Just confirmed for our late night Saturday show:

Cherry Capri will be joining the Martini Kings to play some song's from the classic album:

This is the first time since the old tiki oasis day's at the caliente tropics that they have played these song's together.

Cherry will also be hosting a Tiki Fashion Show and helping me Host the evening events to keep you on your toes.

So don't miss out.....

It's like going back in Tiki time!!!!!!

Please book quickly when ticket's go on sale Saturday 3/6/2010 at 10 a.m. The Tropics only have 90 room's and people who stayed with us the first year have already locked in there rooms before the general public......

keep en eye out for more entertainment news so you can plan your stay,but trust we are going to make this the event to remember.

TM

That is the best news ever! Cherry Capri is awesome! I wish she posted on this forum again!

"Wish? Did somebody say wish"
Jambi the Great

Thank you for the compliment Lucas. I have been pretty active on my facebook page! You can join me there... http://www.facebook.com/dearcherrycapri

I am really looking forward to seeing my dear old friends and making loads of new friends at Tiki Caliente 2!

Cheers!
~CC

On 2010-03-05 07:49, lucas vigor wrote:
That is the best news ever! Cherry Capri is awesome! I wish she posted on this forum again!

TM

No Way!

HI CHERRY!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you back, Cheri. :) Should be like old times again!

Wait- There are no actual girls in The Hula Girls?? what??? Hahahahahaa...

T

Rory keeps hounding me to post some of the things Ive been working on . There will be more but here is a little teaser of some Koa Wood pendants Ive been carving . Each is hand carved individually for your wearing pleasure . Ive even done some Abalone inlay to some .
The first four with the Abalone are similar designs from the Bishop Museum in Oahu.

The next 3 reflect the Tropics grounds tiki's. First is the pool tiki .

Then the Lawn tiki in the rear of the grounds .

Then the infamous parking lot tiki that we have all posed with .

I wish I had better sunlight when taking these pics but I live close to the mountains and the weather is always changing here . My point is that these REALLY pop in the the bright sunlight because of the high end wood Im using .I know when I display them at Tiki Caliente 2 there will be more than enough sunlight . I hope you like them , Ray

TM

Nice!!!!!!!!!

J
Jetson posted on Fri, Mar 5, 2010 3:50 PM

Don't forget everyone, the tickets go on sale tomorrow morning at 10! Make sure to buy your tickets asap, cause they are going to go fast!

Are you in Yet?
Let us know.

WoooHooooo! The Clock is Ticking.... Don't Miss Out on this Event :) DON'T FORGET: Make your Reserservations :)

On 2010-03-06 10:00, Wildsville man wrote:
Are you in Yet?
Let us know.

Ok Rory, that just sounds all kinds of wrong.
:o

Jeff(btd)

I'm sure you have heard that before!!!!!

Now put your pants back on!!!!!!!! Dig?

P.S. great stuff Ray,love original art and each one of those are original pieces of art!!

J
Jetson posted on Sat, Mar 6, 2010 6:44 PM

Tickets and Rooms are available, so get them quick before they sell out!

[ Edited by: Jetson 2010-03-06 18:45 ]

We are in and ready! See you all there

Thank you everyone for your quick response to this Event. As we are still lining up talent and adding just a couple of other vendors, I would like to inform you of were we stand.

As of right now,

The Tahitian Lanal Building is completely SOLD OUT
The top floor of Wallis Island Building is SOLD OUT

and I only have 5 Double Junior Suites Left

People who Payed at Tiki-Caliente.com should be receiving an email from the Caliente Tropics in the next 2 weeks to inform you of your room number and confirm your stay. They will not have your wristband or Mug information till closer to the date. So please send all questions to me directly.

Thanks Again,
and we will make sure you have a great time with your stay at Tiki Caliente 2

W

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2010-03-07 14:09 ]

J
Jetson posted on Sun, Mar 7, 2010 4:38 PM

There is now an official Event page on facebook. RSVP and see who's going to be there!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=344360071145&ref=nf

J
Jetson posted on Mon, Mar 8, 2010 6:32 PM

And do not forget to purchase one of the event mugs. They're going fast fast fast, so get one before they're gone gone gone!

On 2010-03-06 13:24, Wildsville man wrote:
I'm sure you have heard that before!!!!!

Now put your pants back on!!!!!!!! Dig?

P.S. great stuff Ray,love original art and each one of those are original pieces of art!!

Just to ease everybody's worries,
I was wearing some real shorts in that shot,
I had changed in the bathroom by the bar, and was showing off,
my very infrequently worn tiki board shorts,
that I got in 98 for 60 bucks at Nordstroms.
:o

Looking forward to this tiki caliente,
as it will be the 1st one that I will be there all 3 days.

Jeff(btd)

A photo of my little Brother "Wildsville Boy" showing off Tiki Ray's great necklace. We are working on song for the show too,

Tikiyaki Orchestra in now at Tiki Caliente 2

We at Tik Caliente like to keep it simple….

SIMPLY AWESOME THAT IS!!!!!!

For your Ears and Eye’s we bring you the Tikiyaki Orchestra and all those crazy Exotica sounds. It’s kind of like being in a Jungle listening to the birds around you, well you wait to get killed by the local headhunters. Or something like that.

Hopefully the natives are not too restless come Caliente!!!!! Dig?

Make sure you get your wristband,This is not for General consumption!!!!! This will be our late night act!!!!!!

wristbands for sale at http://www.tiki-caliente.com for $20 dollars each, but please remember 2 come with each room at the Tropics.

Hula Girls!

Martini Kings!

Tikiyaki Orchestra!

Just doesn't get better then this, Rory!

On 2010-03-11 08:18, Wildsville man wrote:

Hopefully the natives are not too restless come Caliente!!!!! Dig?

The Natives BETTER be restless....if not, we're gonna stir em' up ! What time is it ? It's BONGO BEATDOWN time !

Looking forward to this big time !

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 11, 2010 12:12 PM

GROG
Get better soon Tiki Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2010-03-11 13:43 ]

T

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2010-03-11 13:47 ]

so cool, I am stoked for this even more now.

Jeff(btd)

Just a taste of what is to come!!!!!

Just a taste!!!!!

you can buy yours at

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=7

ONLY 250 will be made

and pick it up at the Event..........No shipping

Awesome,

Martini Kings and Cherry Capri together again. We are truly De-Evolving back into the basics of Tiki.........fun/friends/music/drinks and food!!!!!! Dig?

Thanks to all of you who have booked with us at http://www.tiki-caliente.com ,we are now over 50% Sold for the weekend.

See ya in the Springs my fellow freakies of tiki's !!!!!!

is there any way we can make this get here sooner?

Jeff(btd)

I will be at the Tropics at 10a.m. to transfer funds and transfer information for Rooms for people who have booked already. People who have booked with me at Tiki-Caliente.com will be getting an email from the resort itself with Room number and basic information like dates and room type. When you check-in they will have your wristbands with your paperwork. If you are interested in staying on grounds please do so A.S.A.P. We are now over 50% Sold and with only 40 rooms to go don't take the chance of missing out.

Thank you for the people who have booked already and please let me know if you are interested in Vending.......only 3 Spots left!!!!!

Be a part of the De-Evolution

Come on folks. In the land of Tiki events this one is very reasonable as far as cost, and if its anything like TC1 it will be one of the top events of the year! And who doesn't like floating in a pool all day drinking! Make thse reservations!

This event is approved by the Moai Mafia!

yeah what he said,
Now that Tikiyaki is playing,
Its a no Brainer on how fun this is going to be.

Jeff(btd)

Listen,
I have the Martini Kings,the Hula Girls,Cherry Capri and the Tikiyaki Guy's. Why would I want other people coming and blocking my view?
Let those S.O.B's go somewhere were they are not even noticed. Some place so big they would wait 5 min. to get a drink. Thats what they want.
They want to be one of many,vs. part of the action!!!!!!!!

Are you good enough for Tiki Caliente?

Don"t sing it,Bring it!!!!!!

As I believe entertainment is important. I also believe that having the right people at the party makes the difference.
I have the biggest Party animals in the Tiki seen rocking at this resort and thats all I need.

W

This event is too good for the wall flowers!!!!!!!!!!DIG?

Got my confirmation! Soooo looking forward to this. CT 1 was epic. This one should be even better!

I'M IN BABY! can you dig it? I knew that you could. I'm booked on site and excited! The 1st TC 1 I had to be kind of talked into and I have to admit it was Awesome! And to think I almost didn't get a room. So don't wait, you will miss the boat baby and you don't wanna do that! TC1 was a gas, gas gas!

TM

The first TC was awesome! A super, laid-back party in a vintage hotel in deluxe Palm Springs! While we were all kicking back having a good time, Rory Wildsville was a constant whir of motion, running around checking that everything was going smooth and making sure everyone had a good time! He basically worked his ass off! A true pro who knows how to run an event!

J

Yeah Rory is definately going to have some help this year, so he doesn't have to do so much running around.

I cant wait for this event and as I posted before, Im still carving my Koa wood necklaces for the show . Since Ive posted Ive gotten a few PM's asking me to carve personalized tiki pendants . This is keeping me busy while I carve other creations to vend .
But just last Monday I recieved the email Ive been waiting to arrive for 17 months . Many of you know Ive had back problems due to a work injury and Ive been fighting workmans comp on the claim . Well the email stated that after all the proof Ive submitted I have FINALLY been awarded my claim and its looking like I will be having back surgery soon . Im hearing that they will be installing Titanium cages in my L-4 and L-5 .This will come with recovery time so Im doing all I can to bring you more product before I go under the knife .
I WILL be there but I might be hobbleing, hahaha . Only time will tell but support the event . The Tropics is the ultimate place to be in June .

Thank you everyone for the kind words and praise. I do my best for everyone to get there moneys worth and enjoy there time at Tiki Caliente
Jetson is right about help this year. As I will be keeping an eye on everything I also brought in some help to cover door's and check for wristbands and also the great Cherry Capri to help host and keep things lively.

This will be a very personal Event,Everyone should have a great view of the music and shouldn't have to wait to long to get a cold one in your hand.

But please remember to watch out for one another......if you are kind enough to invite people in your rooms for a room crawl make sure your stuff is out of site and out of mind.

and as a bartender myself..... when the room crawls take place,Leave a TIP!!!!!!!! Someone payed for that booze

more info to come..........

I am still reeling from the fact that not only the famous Cherry Capri will be there but the Martini Kings AND the Tikiyaki O will be there! That's TOO awesome!

Just a little sneak peek of the goods for the show! As not to disappoint, we'll have some BRAND NEW "tikinaut" items!

As if we weren't excited enough, Tikiyaki is just the icing on this cake!

cool man,
Moais on Mars.

I am so glad the event is on this year.
I am so there and looking forward to seeing tiki friends
old and new. I am booked.

E

I'll be stuck on the east coast in June - if you're headed to TC2 and willing to pick up a mug for me, please drop me a PM. Mahalo!

ebtiki / eab21 on Ooga-Mooga

[ Edited by: ebtiki 2010-03-25 21:58 ]

another peek of the production Mug!!!!!

Edits since this piece have been completed and into glazing already.

T

Heres something I just busted out . Its a recreation of the Caliente Tropics Hotel parking lot tiki . If you have been there, you have posed for a picture with it . Its still has some finishing to go through plus slap 2 coats on it . Is it June yet ?

Me likka alot!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 471 replies