Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 2 on June 4th-6th (go to www.tiki-caliente.com for official Swag)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 471 replies

MB

:lol: Have fun, BAMBOO BEN!! lmao

Thanks for all the great feedback on the drum. Here are some newer pictures of it after some more stain and a little sealer:

The head goes on tomorrow morning!

It's just about time!
Buzzy Out!

CA

i might have to go and check this drum out up close! NICE!!

J

Great work Buzzy! I can't wait to see this thing in person!

T

Looking forward to being back at Caliente Tropics! Everyone's stuff looks great. Can't wait to be jumping in that pool!

"On this day, I discovered Cocos" Acrylic on driftwood. $200 12"x8" aprox.

"Who we having for dinner?" $200 12"x8" aprox.

Driftwood Wall Fish $40

I'm hoping to have a few Tiki Coloring pages for any kids for free!

I'll have 2 Driftwood Tuki Tuki Tiki Birds $200

Lekookoo Mug $40

Fatutu $55 for AP last of the Fatutu (not in blue color pictured)

Handmade Flaming Volcanos $20

"Cult of the Idol" 9x12" $100

8x12" Glow in the Dark PuPu print $15

My wife will have just a handful Mid Century Ceramic wall fish $20-$60

The http://www.tiki-caliente.com website will be taking all sales off line thursday at noon. Wristbands,Mug's and rooms will go off-line because I will be working to set up our rig at the caliente tropics and I have a 2 hour meeting to show my hand picked staff to make the special cocktails for the tiki caliente weekend.

1 king room left
and 1 double twin just opened .

IM me if needed

see you all in 2 day's

W

"This is where I long to be...
Underneath a Palm Tree...
Hailing my Cabana Boy!"

H

Cherry Capri, I can not wait to see you it has been a while. I hope you will have a mai tai or two with us. :drink:

GT

It's going to be a hot one! So bring a hat and sunscreen, If you forget your hat, You can stay cool with a safari hat as cool as our host Rory! We will have 10 hats w/pendents only $25 bucks each! Cheers! This will be a fun one for sure! Gogo

SF

Hi everyone, Wow! Looking forward to seeing all the great art. Below are just a few of the items I'll have for sale in my booth.

I did two versions of the Tiki Caliente poster.

Tiki Caliente II
17"X 22"
Printed on Arches Velin Museum Rag paper
Edition of only 50

Tiki at the Tropics (version two)
13" X 19"
Printed on heavy hot press fine art paper
Edition of 100

Still available,
Tiki Caliente event poster number one, 2008
13" X 19"
Printed on hot press fine art paper
Edition of 100
Almost sold out

Of course lots of monkey's
"Monkey's Night Out"
13" X 17"
Edition of 200
Going fast!

"Mixologist"
13" X 17"
Printed on Velvet Fine art paper
Edition of 200
ONLY 10 LEFT!

3-D Canvas prints
"Creature from the Isle of Pagan Delights"
Edition of 100
16" X 20" X 2.30"

Tiki Magazine cover art no. 2
"Mysteries of the Moai"
13" X 17"
Edition of 200

A print of an original drawing
"Welcome to Frankies"
11" X 14"
Edition of 50

Original
"God of the Float Lights"
14" X 24"
Pencil on paper

Tiki coasters

Monkey coasters

...and lots more! Stop by and say hi and don't forget the sunscreen.

Wow, Evil Twin versions of the Pith helmet. I feel like KISS vs the phantom of the park circa 1977.
Good looking stuff Go tiki and Doug Horne.....

Oh,the sweet Coruba!!!!!

J

ALMOST TIME!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Much Aloha!!!

Even though Derek Yaniger will not be attending Tiki Caliente he still has something to say

http://derekart.com/news/

and with the one piece sold already someone is listening

T

Im packing the truck. Rolling out TODAY !

The Surfite! Awesome.

O

Please stay hydrated folks.. and everything will be good. Nothing to be afraid of.. it's a DRY heat... Hats, sunblock and skimpy clothes!!
See you all in Palm Springs!!!

O

Dave Calver's amazing piece of Tura Satana for Caliente!

O

Stop by our booth and grab a t-shirt or 3!
Designs inspired by cult icon Tura Satana created by
Sam Gambino
Dale Sizer
Dave Calver
James Brunner
Mitch O'Connell
John Mulder
Big Toe

Cleaning my coolers and packing up the booze tonight!

At the tropics and time to unplug from tech for awhile.catch you all soon.I am becoming incommunicado sucka.

Gettin all my DJ gear, and TONS of LPs and CDs ready.

heading out around 9:30 am, hopefully I will be set up and spinnin around noon.

Jeff(btd)

GT

Last minute, Hot outta the kiln, A fun " Beachcomber Lamp "

I hope our explorer-host " Rory Snyder " doesn't end up like this explorer " Stu Mayhem " For your room crawls, A couple of cannibal bowls! Looking forward to this one! The first was so much fun! Cheers! Gogo and Dani

RH

Ohanagirl - excellent shirts! Wow.

Go Tiki - Nice pieces. Stu Mayhem!!

bring on the 111 degree heat!!! we are ready for ya!
showtimes: 2:30 and 6:30 on saturday featuring cherry capri!

D

Was there last night, going back tonight!!! Great time!

T

On 2010-06-05 11:00, WooHooWahine wrote:

Did 1961suck remember to pick up his before he walked in or did the Moai Mafia have to enforce the rules again?

J

Dude, yesterday and today was awesome. So sad tomorrow's the last day :(

R

so. where are the pictures????

On 2010-06-05 11:00, WooHooWahine wrote:

Nice artistic shot. Like.

S

hanging out at Tiki Caliente

S

Good drinks, good music, good food, great times!

However - Who was that idiot in the pool who kept spraying people with pool water? He was using a squirt gun and pretty much hitting everyone...ruined some drinks, a couple burgers, ... just overall annoying.... wish he would have stayed home.

Here is a vid I shot of "The Hula Girls" performing Pineapple Princess at Tiki Caliente II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAyehzLRfaA

More To Come Soon, Muhahahahha! Past Shenanigans: http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisandsarahb

TM

Nice editing! Not bad for one of our "novelty" songs! I hope you have more!

I had a pretty good time. God damn hot, though! I left before we had even finished our last note....got home in record time, about 1:20 hours, and as soon as I got home....ahhhhh! Fog! 62 degrees! Felt like I was in heaven!

But, it was a great event! Rory Wildsville always throws down!

And I got to finally meet "Tuna Tiki!"!

And, seeing the coconut sisters dancing to our music always makes me happy! Roxanne, you rock!

For the rest of youse that hung out there for the duration! All I can say is, you are brave!

I got a little worried during our sets when I was sweating a lot, and all of a sudden stopped sweating. That's one of the first signs of heatstroke, and why I was sitting by myself in the reef bar the whole time we were not playing, drinking water!

If this event get's moved back a couple a months next year, I think it would be great! May is truly about the last habitable month in Palm Springs. After that, it goes downhill fast!

JB

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jun 6, 2010 8:00 PM

Awsome time, Rory did a great job... Big Mahalos, bigtikidude spun great tunes,Tikiyaki orchestra kicked major tiki butt along with animal orgy sounds by crazy al..that was "all time" cant wait to do it nest year
beside taking our first swim with our son tyler, this was the highlight of my weekend, meeting one of my idols Mr. Hewel Howser..notice he's wearing a Kirby tiki pendant, "Thats Amazing!!'"...

jp and Mr Tikiyaki with hewell,thats good!!

Although it was mostly fun times,DrZ did loose a soldier,

[ Edited by: kirby 2010-06-06 20:02 ]

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jun 6, 2010 8:56 PM

Grog Hot!!

On 2010-06-06 20:56, kirby wrote:
Grog Hot!!

No That's Grog "doing" SoccerTiki

J
Jetson posted on Sun, Jun 6, 2010 9:46 PM

Just got home from swimming in the pool almost all day. Sad it's over, but am excited about next year.

Wow what can I say that Kirby already said!! We had a great time. Definitely one of the best Tikiyaki shows yet. Each time is just as exciting as that first New Years Eve show I saw them at Kona. You guys are Awesome!! Crazy Al your dance moves were impressive too.

Tiki Caliente 2 was our first official "Tiki weekend away" my husband really enjoyed it. Of course it was a bit hot! Maybe next time slightly earlier in the year?....Rory you were an excellent host! I was very impressed with your ever-available presence the event was so well organized plenty of food and drink and top notch entertainment, it didn't leave us wanting for anything. (Well maybe shade) LOL.

CheekyGirl! I was so happy to finally meet you! Your room crawl was my first and may I compliment you again on your cocktail "The Cheeky Noir". It was fabulous. My husband loved it too! Polly I was so glad I got to spend time with you and Tyler.

The property is so well laid out we were able to see and hear most of the festivities from our room too!

Looking forward to next year Rory.

On 2010-06-06 21:17, bananabobs wrote:

On 2010-06-06 20:56, kirby wrote:
Grog Hot!!

No That's Grog "doing" SoccerTiki

I never wish to see Grog "doing" SoccerTiki....

Is the "bottom" of the picture cut off?

Just wanted to thank Rory for having us play on Friday! What an amazing event. I don't plan on missing another one of these. It was just like the old days of Tiki Oasis. Super fun!

Slacktone in the pool on Sunday was unreal. Tikiyaki was super amazing too! ...and the Martini Kings, and The Eliminators. Everyone helped to provide the perfect soundtrack to a weekend in Palm Springs.

Good to see so many old friends too. Thanks to Doc for letting me crash on Sat night.

I still have about 15 posters left. If anyone wants one, email me at [email protected] and I can invoice you through Paypal and mail it right out in a shipping tube.

Already looking forward to next year!

FUN IN THE SUN! Rory, you are the Wildest in Wildsville. Thank you for putting on such a stellar weekend. It was well-organized, with good food, drinks, music and just relaxed pool-party type fun. The mug by Doug is gorgeous. What a great souvenir from an excellent event.

Hey vendors, I think fans with misters are in order for your booths next year! I felt for all of you!

Okay, Tiki Season has officially started thanks to Rory and his Caliente. DIG???
Looking forward to more aloha-ing with all of you.

Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Wildsvilleman for Hosting ANOTHER Incredible Weekend. We can't wait until Tiki Caliente III...WooHooo! :)

We had a great time!
Many Mahalos to all, especially Rory.
Ditto on all the praises,
the bands were fantastic,
I can't image a more perfect location to see & hear
Tikiyaki Orchestra, well maybe Hawaii.
The Art & vendors were great (spent way to much $)
the room crawls,the drinks and especially the wonderful hosts
and the Ohana,the greatest,warmest most wonderful people.
Trulely, "Tiki" is the best stuff on earth.
Thanks again to all....

Patricia & David

now if I figure out how to post pictures they should appear here....?

Hope it works this time!!!!!!!!!
Patricia

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 471 replies