Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 2 on June 4th-6th (go to www.tiki-caliente.com for official Swag)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 471 replies

http://www.tiki-caliente.com has been updated today to seperate the room prices so I don't oversell the room's.

1 Double Queen Room Left..........then the package will be removed
2 Twin Room Suites Left...........Then they will be removed.

If I get multiple room sales before I pull the package,you will be contacted and refunded your money if no room is open.

Sorry

W

here is a lil martini kings sampler from tiki caliente 2008!
it was a real gas!
our version of take 5.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF62OmqPWjI

grab em quick before they are gone folks,

Jeff(btd)

J
Jetson posted on Fri, May 7, 2010 9:00 AM

Ahh, less then a month to go...

It's been a long time since we had a nice warm Palm Springs Tiki weekend... looking forward to it. Are there still rooms left? I can't seem to purchase even though they look available? Praying to tiki Gods to forgive my lateness.

[ Edited by: 2QueerTikis 2010-05-07 17:04 ]

J
Jetson posted on Fri, May 7, 2010 6:15 PM

Hmm, unless the last 9 rooms sold out today, it should have worked.

On 2010-05-06 17:46, martini kings wrote:
here is a lil martini kings sampler from tiki caliente 2008!
it was a real gas!
our version of take 5.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF62OmqPWjI

PERFECTION = Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" and the Martini Kings. Welcome to the NEW FRONTIER (we've got provisions and lots of beer)!

WooooooHoooo, all paid up, got a room! We will be seeing y'all in a few short weeks!

The Queen Rooms are all SOLD OUT!!!!!!
We have 2 Twin Suites Left which has a small sitting area with couch!!!!!!!!!!! Move Fast
6 King rooms Left...........Then we are done

be part of the fun

W

Cherry Capri Drinking on the job again with Soccer Tiki and the enabler!!!!!!!!!!!!! These Photo's sponsored by coruba .......A.K.A. Appletons Estate Rum.

Great Opening to the First ever SHAG store right next door to TRIO were Palm Springs Drinks

J
Jetson posted on Sun, May 9, 2010 9:30 PM

LAst night was awesome...just about a 1% taste of what's to come for tiki caliente 2!

the http://www.tiki-caliente.com website is being updated today so you may see it looking incomplete at times as he works on updating the main page/Vendors/History and Sales page......But no worries.

We only have several rooms left for sale so if you are sitting on the fence......don't!!!!!

Sales will go to the 20th of May,after that any rooms left will go to entertainment!!!!!!!!

only 22 wristbands left for people staying off site!!!! Don't just show up in June think your getting in without a wristband....it's a long drive home

Great seeing so many people this weekend at the Shag Store opening..............Hope you liked you Palm Springs Punch

The Worlds smallest tiki event of the year!!!!!!!!

Presenting Ohana Tees - Tshirts with original art in limited editions- Inspired by cult icon Tura Satana and Tikis!
http://www.ohanatees.com Check us out and come see our offerings to the Gods at Tiki Caliente II Palm Springs !
Our Ohana of artists for this show- All tees Exclusive to Tiki Caliente-
Dave Calver
Sam Gambino
Mitch O'Connell
James Brunner
John Mulder
Dale Sizer

You WILL want one of these-- Guaranteed to keep away all taboo.
Only 300 Ltd Tees will be available- 50 from each artist!!

Rory, aka Wildsvilleman,
wanted me to post they he has agreed to have Outerwave as one of the bands for entertainment on Sun.

Jeff(btd)

Also on board for Tura Tiki design for Ohana Tees the ever amazing and oh so debonaire Tom Laura!
We are So lucky...

Our very own Wildsville Man shakin' 'em at the Shag Show-----
Palm Springs Punch .. is right!

On 2010-05-10 16:48, bigtikidude wrote:
Rory, aka Wildsvilleman,
wanted me to post they he has agreed to have Outerwave as one of the bands for entertainment on Sun.

Jeff(btd)

I didn't agree,I demanded it!!!!!!!! Outerwave will melt your face off with AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!

For all of the people who committed to come to Tiki Caliente when we had only 2 bands,Thank You for trusting us to give you your moneys worth!!!!

Let's rock the tropics one more time.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2010-05-10 22:15 ]

4 rooms left!!!!!!!!

3 Kings
1 Twin Suite

Book Now or this part of history will slip away!!!!!!

2 Kings left to sell out
1 twin suite left to sell out!!!!!!!

get in, before you are OUT!!!!!!

Book now!!!!!!!!! http://www.tiki-caliente.com

QUEENS AND TWINS SOLD OUT!!!!!

Vendor Map and Off Site Rooms

Queens and Twin Suites SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!

Overflow guest can stay at the Travel Lodge next door for a discount rate. Anyone staying with the tiki caliente group will be upgraded to a pool side room also for no charge and wristbands will be available in package price.

Wristbands will go off sale on May 20th to general public staying off site….but will be guaranteed to people staying at the travel lodge.

Instructions……

Guest call the hotel directly at 760-327-1211 or 877-544-4446 and ask for the Tiki Caliente group. If the phone goes to voice mail stay on the line,DO NOT transfer to reservations-this will take you to Wyndham central reservations and you will not be able to make your reservations for the package rate.

If you are interested in staying at the Tropics with a twin or Queen………email me at [email protected] and I will let you know if any become available from cancelations.

Vendors we are set up for a 10x10 tent ONLY!!!!!!! as stated when you bought your vending spot and questions please call or message me.

Wildsville,

ahhh! Are general wristbands still avail?

T

Great layout but when did they reconstruct the pool into the shape of a T shirt ?

Sorry Ray,I closed the door on my privates when I closed the scanner top!!!!!! Thats just a shadow!!!!!

Wristbands are for sale till the 20th of May at http://www.tiki-caliente.com along with the Mug's!!!!!!!!!

Amazing vendor spot Roy! #14 Right by the pool.. WE LOVE IT AND YOU!!!!!!
So now that you all know where we are come peruse our wares! You will like what you see.
7 drop dead artists doing tshirts and art inspired by cult icon Tura Satana!
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/17301/4bec772a.jpg[/im

Roy? Wtf.no more discount drinks for you at Trio Suz.

ok.. that last post from me looked like I was already drunk...
sadly no....
RORY- I didn't just call you ROY and I do know how to put an image in the message.

J

Had a great talk with Rory today. Cannot wait! Just a couple more weeks, then it's TIKI TIME!

our new cd with lounge legend buddy greco will be released and available on saturday june 5th at tiki caliente.i couldn't think of a better place to debut it.
f.y.i. palm springs is where we first saw greco and began a friendship a couple years ago which sparked the idea to record together.

[ Edited by: martini kings 2010-05-15 08:11 ]

Love the Martini Tiki Mug!!!!!! I hope you have some for Sale at Tiki Caliente 2.

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2010-05-14 11:47 ]

T

Sorry to interupt but that pic was in Tahoe in 1962 a week before she died . Cindy and I just stayed at Marilyns cabin there last Friday . Her cabin was #3 , #4 was for guests and cabin #5 was for Frank Sinatra . There are underground tunnels under these cabins with trap doors in the closets . Thats how JFK could sneak in to see Marilyn in the middle of the night and talk about foreign policies .

Cindy feeding the birds on her deck

underground stairway to her cabin closet

view of the lake from her deck

inside her room .

Lock in you mug's and wristbands now.They will be going off sale around May 20th
We only have another 26 wristbands for sale to put us at our max number of 350.

Mug's will be for sale at tiki-caliente for CASH ONLY!!!!!!

Here is a loose timeline for the weekend..............

Tiki Caliente 2 Schedule of Events

Friday June 4th
Check in….Will be your first look at the Art show called “Primitive Pop” that will be displayed in the Lobby. Original Art by Derek Yaniger,Doug Horne,Sam Gambino,Robb Hamel and Hassan “Headhunter” Patterson. This Art will be on display all weekend long.

Check in ….Rooms,wristbands and Mug’s will be available at the front desk for people who prepaid and have a room on grounds.

Pick-up of mug’s and wristbands for people staying offsite will be in the lobby till 3p.m.
And the tiki-caliente tent after that.

+D.J. Jeff (Big Tiki Dude) will be spinning the tune all day starting at 1p.m.
+Hula Girls Live 2pm-4pm early bird special……….get here before the full crowd shows up.
+Hula Girls Live 6p.m.-7:30p.m. Live from the lawn area
+Eliminators Live 8p.m.-9:45p.m. Live from the Lawn area
+Room Crawl Before and after Bands play.
+Bar will be open Till 2a.m. with the tunes setting the tone.

Saturday June 5th
+Vending from 9a.m.-6p.m. (Open to the public)
+D.J. Jeff (Big Tiki Dude) will be spinning the tunes all day starting at 9a.m.
+Eliminators Live on the Lawn from 11;45-1:30
+Martini Kings Live at the Lawn from 2;30-4;00
+Tiki Fashion Show hosted by Cherry Capri 5p.m.
6p.m. close to the public
+Martini Kings with Cherri Capri from 6:45-8:15 Live from the pool.
+Tikiyaki Orchestra live from the Lawn 8;30-10;30p.m.
+Room crawl before and after bands.
+Bar will be open till 2a.m. with Jeff (Big Tiki Dude) setting the tone again

Sunday June 6th

+Vending from 9a.m-7p.m.
+D.J. Jeff(Big Tiki Dude)Setting the tone between bands.
+Slacktone live 11p.m.-3p.m.(D.J. During Break)
+Outerwave live 4;00p.m. till 7p.m.(D.J. During Break)

This is a very loose schedule and may change at anytime. We want to move with the feel of the crowd.

Drink specials and other promotions will be taking place during this time and will be communicated over the P.A. system,.

The worlds greatest Small tiki Event

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2010-05-16 10:46 ]

T

I didnt see the ceremonial official signing of the Tiki Caliente 1 tiki that I carved last year for Rory but forgot to sign for him . Im anxious to get this done so this guy will quit busting my chops about it . What time will that be ? Huh,huh,huh???????

TM

THE HULA GIRLS ARE COMING FOR YOU!

damn, I'm gonna be one busy sucka,
hopefully some people can bring me a drink once in awhile.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

2 King Rooms Left for sale on grounds at the Historic Caliente Tropics!!!!!!!!

Let's take a look down memory lane,Shall we!!!!!!!!

Room to enjoy yourself and some friends old and new!!!!

Just ordered my wristbands, nothing like waiting til the last minute, whew! Can't wait!

J

The resturant and bar are so close to being finished. Here's to hoping that it will be! Keep your fingers crossed!

DJ Request: Do you have any Hapa Haole Music or Hawaiiana?? Rat Pack would be good too :)

But of course I have Hawaiian and Hapa Haole music, and will play it.

Rat pack sadly no.
but if somebody wants to bring some.
LP or cd. I will spin it.

Jeff(btd)

Jeff,

As a DJ doing tiki events, it might be to your advantage to have some. It may not be your thing, but it's always good to have a variety. Some Latin/Bossa and lounge stuff too. I mean, you can't go wrong with a little Esquivel every now and again. I think it works with the surf and exotica.

Just my $.02

And just for the reason alone that the Ratpack used to hang out at the Tropics . I see ratpack albums all the time at Thrift stores . Spin that Vinyl !!!!

I have some Rat Pack on Cd so I will bring it for Jeff to Spin!!!!

Ray I will have this original Tiki Caliente Tiki at the event for you to sign.......No pen shit......dremel it or burn it in.

I believe this AWESOME piece of Wood will be displayed behind the bar at the Tropics much like year one.

Thing's to Bring!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Blanket
  2. Beach Chair.......both are good for watching the bands at night time. Yes we have chairs and tables but you never know if you will have a free one to sit in at any given time.
  3. CASH!!!!!! most of the Vendors are set up for cash only

What not to bring!!!!!!!!!

DRAMA!!!!!! NO DRAMA PLEASE!!!!!

One Vendor Spot opened up so if you are interested in Vending at Tiki Caliente please Message or E-Mail me....Long Sold Out

also.....

One Twin Suite has Opened up,please contact me if interested.

Rory

Just Added New Pieces For TIKI CALIENTE at the bottom of this post.

Aloha kâkou !!
Like The Creature from The Black Lagoon ... here I am floating back to the suface ... Its great to see new faces here and old familiar friends!!

After a forced hiatus due to a faulty ticker I am back ... I want to thank all of the well wishers and friends for their support this past year. You guys are awesome!!

New Stuff Finally !!! More to come!! I will be posting my latest work here. Hope you like the new additions to my cast of characters.

Some old favorites will be returning but this time they will be 3D!!

Taking the step into 3 Dimensions there will be tiki wall masks that match some of my current designs. Super cool new stuff coming to the Tiki-Caliente II in Palm Springs June 4-6th too!!

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone at this truly great event!

Mahalo nui loa

Dirk

PS - Prints are ready now and available for purchase via email.

Acrylic on canvas

NEW Pieces

Dirk Yates
aka Kimo
aka Tiki Dirk
http://www.yatesstudios.com

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2010-05-20 15:22 ]

[ Edited by: Dirk Yates 2010-05-30 01:30 ]

Silly Question? If you're not staying at the hotel, can you still kick it pool side for a swim?

P.S. Rory, hope you have a moment sometime during the festivities for a quick cameo in my video :wink:

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2010-05-20 18:14 ]

The answer is NO and YES!!!!!!!

No,I think only people staying at the Sold Out Caliente Tropics should have the right to use the pool since that is something that comes with the room.
The wristband will give you rights to be on ground after 6p.m. and see the Headliners at night. Also discounts on Drinks and Prices via vendors if possible,

Yes,I will be on your video,If need be I will make the video all about me.....I will play me in the Play of my life.Have plenty of Bata Film.

P.S. great stuff Dirk!!!!!!

On 2010-05-20 11:08, tikiyaki wrote:
Jeff,

As a DJ doing tiki events, it might be to your advantage to have some. It may not be your thing, but it's always good to have a variety. Some Latin/Bossa and lounge stuff too. I mean, you can't go wrong with a little Esquivel every now and again. I think it works with the surf and exotica.

Just my $.02

Jim,
I do like the rat pack stuff, just haven't gotten around to buying it.
as for the Lounge, Latin, and Bossa Nova, all things I want to get.
but 1500.oo bucks I just spent on real DJ equipment and a PA and mic,
kinda cut into my music buying budget for awhile,
if you want to bring a cdr of a mix of all of the above mentioned stuff.
I will mix it in.

I do have a Esquivel cd.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-05-20 22:44 ]

On 2010-05-20 22:43, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2010-05-20 11:08, tikiyaki wrote:
Jeff,

Just my $.02

Jim,
I do like the rat pack stuff, just haven't gotten around to buying it.
as for the Lounge, Latin, and Bossa Nova, all things I want to get.
but 1500.oo bucks I just spent on real DJ equipment and a PA and mic,
kinda cut into my music buying budget for awhile,
if you want to bring a cdr of a mix of all of the above mentioned stuff.
I will mix it in.

I do have a Esquivel cd.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2010-05-20 22:44 ]

Cool..... Glad you bought DJ gear....are you still rockin the 70's (really 80's) big ass stereo speakers ?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 471 replies