Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

The Grog blog

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 282 replies

W

Y'know what'd be great? A coloring contest here on Tiki Central.

This picture created by GROG would be a good image to color as it's already in black and white and it's probably the most Tiki image we could find...*****

The details of how a Tiki Central coloring contest could go are posted here.

*****A little controversy and freaking out would be good publicity for the coloring contest.

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Jan 2, 2011 6:09 PM

GREAT work Grogster!!! LOVE these! I am up for us all doing a fun TC Coloring book!!!! Let me know if it is on!!! I can hammer out a half dozen or so!!

~~THOR

a tc coloring book would be fun!
~kele

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jan 7, 2011 12:45 PM

That drawing was originally done for a coloring book! It has a background that goes with it too, that GROG never finished.

you are a true artist,Ernie...

Z

I like crayons, Grog...
but my purple ones taste funny.

I always love seeing your work up, big G...

IS THAT TUNG REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SF

Ernie, your pastel work is amazing!!

B

WOW Grog!
great looking stuff! love the pin up girl and pirate in particular!!!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jan 10, 2011 1:53 PM

Thanks for the comments, everybody. Glad you like GROG' crap.

P
Polly posted on Tue, May 31, 2011 5:57 PM

Love your MOAI MUGS....always.

I THOUGHT I HADN'T SEEN THIS BEFORE UNTIL I FOUND WHERE I HAD WRITTEN YOU AFTER WE MET AT OASIS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE AND THE LINK TO MY ART. I JUST LOOKED AT EVERY PAGE AND ENJOYED ALL THAT YOU DO FROM KIDDING KINNY TO TIKI MAGAZINE COMICS TO CERAMIC TO...ON AND ON YOU ARE THE TOTAL PACKAGE! WENDY

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2011 9:15 PM

Thank you Wendy. GROG so glad you are a part of TC. One of the kindest persons GROG knows. You are such a beautiful lady; elegant and graceful in all you do. You are so encouraging and inspiring. You are so talented and supportive of other artists and appreciative of their talents. Dan is so lucky to have you. GROG thinking about killing him off so GROG can marry you. (How long should we wait after the funeral to get together so it doesn't look too suspicious?)

i heart Grog's crap

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 5, 2011 11:28 AM

Thank you Cass. GROG so glad you are a part of TC. One of the kindest persons GROG knows. You are such a beautiful man; elegant and graceful in all you do. You are so encouraging and inspiring. You are so talented and supportive of other artists and appreciative of their talents. Dan is so lucky to have you. GROG thinking about killing him off so GROG can marry you. (How long should we wait after the funeral to get together so it doesn't look too suspicious?)

Oh waitaminute....that didn't quite work the same.

But anyways, GROG appreciate that you like GROG' crap, especially coming from such a master ruiner as yourself. Now get to ruinin' for the Moai Madness art show in July!

with the Bette Midler singing "did you ever know that your my here" in the background i want you now know that Dan would be pissed off knowing that another young stud is gunnin for me. me play with mud soon, do not blow me outa the water with your works at the show okay

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 5, 2011 12:27 PM

GROG working on making production molds for Goin' Primitive, so GROG probably won't have time to do anything too involved. Maybe some one-ofs and a couple of bowls. And maybe a few of the Moai salt and Pepper shakers.

GROG, it was great to see you again at Oasis. Don't let the day job keep u away from makin tiki GROG stuff...
Jon

Good thing I check in on you Grog or I might have missed how much you care. That was some kiss at Oasis. I had to confess to Dan! Hugs, Wendy

B

GROG stayed at Babalu's house during Oasis...I'm not sure if most of you know it, but GROG was one of the animators on the Iron Giant movie. Babalu asked GROG to sign his grandson's poster in the cowboy room. Thanks GROG!!

YAY GROG!!

Missed you at MOasis,Ernie!

well.....not really!
:lol:

you better come out next time!

your mugs turned out STUNNING!!!

Yes, the mugs came out great. Hope to see you next time!

The Iron Giant is the "Beez Kneez" !

Hey Grog add all your art here too. Blog N Art a good time for all! Wendy

G
GROG posted on Mon, Nov 7, 2011 9:47 AM

GROG added stuff to first page, Wendy. Including the latest Bamboo Ben comic.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-11-07 10:12 ]

I just looked and read and laughed and enjoyed. Then I looked at every other page too. You made my day. Keep it up, Please. I see a joke here, Wendy

Another classic BooBen cartoon :lol:

G
GROG posted on Tue, Nov 15, 2011 8:09 AM

Thanks Wendy and MadDoggy. GROG make the latest Bamboo Ben comic a bit bigger so you can see it better MadDoggy. GROG actually put in a bit more work on this one rather than crapping it out at the last minute like GROG do most of the Bamboo Ben comics, so GROG want you to see it better so you can see the detail. It was interesting trying to ink it like a superhero comic since GROG just an animator, and not have a lot of experience inking.

U

I love your blog log Grog! Thanks for keeping us entertained! :lol:

C
cy posted on Wed, Nov 16, 2011 8:57 PM

cy think grog funny and good with clay also good.....uh.....how you say illustrator in caveman? draw-er

[ Edited by: cy 2011-11-16 20:58 ]

Ernesto!!

I hope you don't mind but I linked some of the Bamboo Ben stuff over to Face Book.

You might get 1 or 2 more views because of it. Didn't want to freak you out. Cave Man

Good! Grog Rock!!!

BB

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 17, 2011 8:40 PM

Thanks Umeone and Cy. Glad you guys were entertained by GROG' crap.

Damn you B. Ben, now GROG have to make the comics bigger so they're easier to read! Well, if it gives more people some entertainment, GROG guess GROG gotta do what GROG gotta do.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-11-27 13:24 ]

G
GROG posted on Wed, Nov 23, 2011 6:43 PM

All right B. Ben you bastard, GROG go back and 'biggie-size" all the Bamboo Ben comics. It was a lot of resizing,cutting and pasting, and re-posting stuff, so thanks for all the work, you bastard.

P.S. Did GROG mention that you are a bastard!

Here's my absolute favorite GROG comic....

G
GROG posted on Thu, Nov 24, 2011 3:48 AM

Nice attempt LLT, but you should leave the cartooning to the professionals.

Turn that kiln on Mr. G
Been waitin a while for original Grog sculpt

It was great to c ya at DBC on April fools day

Jon

TB

OOOO MYYYY GOOOD!!!!!!!
Grog!!!!!! I want to go primitiv too!!!!
I really want this one!!!
I'm totally amaze about your work! U ROCK!!! .
please keep one for me!

Baï your fan :wink:

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 26, 2012 11:55 AM

Thanks Bai. That ultimate cmpliment coming from such an incredible ceramicist as yourself.

Latest Bamboo Ben comic added to page 1.

OK, who makes those groovy monkey tiki mugs and where can I get one (or two)?

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2012 3:50 PM

TikihardBopper,

GROG make the ape mugs, but you have to talk to Wildsville Man about getting one. AND, they aren't available in the above glaze anymore as those were for the Goin' Primitive event. Queen Kamehameha may have some of the brown ones left, but Rory sold the last of his brown ones on ebay. We have about 50 or so left which will be done ina few limited edition glazes and one-one-ofs and then theyr'e gone.

By the way, latest Bamboo Ben comic added to first page.

[ Edited by: grog 2012-04-27 23:36 ]

Thanks, I sent a message to Wildman. Hopefully, he can straighten things out for me!

Grog put a match under his kiln yet???

G
GROG posted on Thu, May 10, 2012 9:05 AM

Nope. Tiki Diablo have GROG' kiln right now.

Master GROG
It was great to see you at Oasis
The wife n I had a blast
I must say however that she need to work on her tan...

Did u get that kiln back yet
"The Honu Hideaway" needs a Grog piece or two...

Two dolls at Oasis. Terrific photos, Wendy

G
GROG posted on Mon, Sep 17, 2012 4:15 PM

Latest Bamboo Ben comic added to first page.

I have to apologize Ernie for not seeing this thread before. Some of the work in this thread Ive seen but most of it I havent.

You are so amazingly talented both in 2D and 3D.

The mugs and other sculpture is just fantastic.

Inspired.

Thanks

G
GROG posted on Tue, Sep 18, 2012 1:13 AM

Thanks Monkeydude.

GROG glad you finally made it over to this thread, and that you found some enjoyment and inspiration from it.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 282 replies