Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Atomic Tiki Lounge

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies

With summer weather already taunting us here in Cali, it's time to cleanup the outdoor lounge
so here is a teaser picture for now, more to follow.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-03-16 23:55 ]

J

Great lighting !!

I like the name, it reminded me of this old place.

ATP, surely an old-school guy like you used to hang at the Atomic Cafe.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-03-16 21:20 ]

On 2010-03-16 21:18, JOHN-O wrote:
Great lighting !!

I like the name, it reminded me of this old place.

ATP, surely an old-school guy like you used to hang at the Atomic Cafe.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2010-03-16 21:20 ]

OH YEA!, Cheap Noodles after a night at Al's Bar! Downtown L.A., almost as infamous as Okie Dog! one of the old school punk dinners.
Thanks John-O, sometimes forget about these places.

Cleaned up the patio lounge fountain today, got the pump running, changed out the ceramic disk in the Mist Maker.
This is super cool mode...

This is sacrificial LAVA! mode, great for roasting marshmallows! but a real pain to clean when the lava cools.

Used a flash here so you can see the details...

Last but not least, Does anyone want my poltergeist,at first it's neat having things flying around, but when it starts breaking my mugs!
its gotta go!

TK

punk is as punk does.

Here is my Moai garden, I have not cleaned it up yet.
Need to pull some weeds, replace dead solar lights etc. I will post pictures then, but for now...

At night...

Here is a night flash shot....

ATP, I missed this thread! Sweet looking back yard, great place to chill on those beautiful SoCal summer nights. Now let's see a collection of the inside pics too.

Hey Mike, I have been so busy working as of late, I have not had much time to post more pictures.
I still have more of the outdoor lounge to post, while trying to get everything cleaned up after the winter we had,
then I will get to the indoor lounge/theater/living area.

This is not a high dollar home tikibar like some others have,but a do it yourself mid century mixed with Tiki decor
done bit by bit & many trips to HomeDepot & House of Tiki, done with as little money as possible & my two hands.
So I hope some of you Guys & Girls can Dig it!

Some more Pictures for you guys...

One of our sitting areas...

Another sitting area...

a little area behind the TikiBar, some more of my cement tikis, all except the Long Moai on the fence, thats from Big Ed.

The Bar, I have already had to rebuild the roof from scratch, notice the birds are stealing the reeds on the front of the bar!

more later...

Looks great ATP. I posted a pic of your fountain in the Let's see those PONDS thread :D

I like the whole outdoorsy feel you've got going there. It looks very comfortable and relaxing.

That is LIVING amongst the Tikis...fun yard!!!

Thanks! you Tiki centralites.

J

Very cool. I really like that sitting area against the fence and hanging surfboard. What a neat little bench!

I finally got the Moai & Tiki gardens whipped into shape.

Things are really growing now.

TK

man o man that is sweet.

Having had the privilege of enjoying a few of Lance's fantabulous Mai Tais in the ATP tikified backyard oasis, I, and the rest of the House of Tiki 'ohana, can attest to its awesomeness. Of course, what helps to make it as awesome as it is, is spending some time with Lance and his lovely Nancy, who are two really great people. Since we haven't had the pleasure of seeing you as regularly as we used to when H.O.T. was open, we're looking forward to the opportunity to come hang out with you again.

Okole Maluna!

Missing those days Pua! nice to see you guys the other day! you are invited of course to the first
BBQ this season.

Just got back from Bamboo Ben's 1/2 off sale,got a few things to add to the outdoor lounge...

Got some of Bamboo Ben's signage from the outside of Ben's place,thought it might look good...

Fixed up a wall with fishing net, a metal sign I made into a frame,One of Bamboo Ben's shelves & light shade
put out some of my broken mugs for decor, got some from Ben too.
use those old broken mugs for outdoor decor, looks cool.

Thank's Ben & Vicky!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-07-31 21:04 ]

Boy do I miss yards. Looks quite coozy sir!

Its about time you are invited into the inner sanctum
Here is the indoor Atomic Tiki Lounge & Theater

The Mid Century Designed Table is my first ever wood working project

Tiki Theater

Mrs ATP is blowing you a kiss!

The Movie Library

The Picture Gallery is in every Hallway...

Its Bettie...

Mugs! Mugs! Mugs!

Well thanks for visiting,you all come back now!

Quite impressive! Your first time guests must spend a long time gawking and asking questions.

T

All I can say is... HOLY!

I bet when people first walk in, they feel like Kier Dullea at the end of 2001.

"My god, it's full of stars!"

TK

very nice atp, very nice indeed.

WOW! Awesome art collection.

ATP, I had missed this post. Absolutely beautiful, and the best part is that every piece has a story behind it. Love the rich, warm wood look, how did you find a house that wasn't all painted over?

T

Great pics, ATP! Someday I'll have an "inner sanctum" like that.

J

On 2010-09-21 08:02, tikifred wrote:
Great pics, ATP! Someday I'll have an "inner sanctum" like that.

Hell, I'd settle for an OUTER sanctum.

C

Great stuff.

Thanks for the pics of your yard. It has given me lots of great ideas for my upcoming project.

Looking great ATP!

Thanks Jason & Chippy
You guys going to make it to the TikiFarm bash this weekend?

Your collection is incredible and your talent for putting it all together is very inspirational. Great place, inside and out.

C

On 2010-10-10 16:15, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Thanks Jason & Chippy
You guys going to make it to the TikiFarm bash this weekend?

Well I have to work on Saturdays but I am going to try to work something out and see if I can cut out early as I was on a project today for over 7 hours on my day off. (Oh Well)

You have to take a picture with Mrs ATP in your Tiki suit from Dons.

Hello Everybody!

ATP and myself are moving the "Atomic Tiki Lounge" to new digs
we are moving into a Mid Century Box that was built in 1958, it was in pretty bad shape
and we have spent the last 4 months gutting & renovating the place with help from ATPs Brother in law
who is a contractor, we are doing the work ourselves.

Here are some before photos when the place was in bad shape

After knocking out some walls

That was just a taste of what we have been doing, so after gutting the whole house, replacing the electric & plumbing, re-pouring the foundation, re-framing walls, new windows, redoing all the bathrooms, etc. etc.

We are now at this stage, New siding & front door

New drywall, paint, lights & a new custom rock wall etc.

The Exterior gets new siding & paint etc.

Starting the landscaping & some Moais!
we have a much smaller yard so ATP will have a bit of a landscaping challenge

Well that's what we have so far, still alot of work to do, new fence & more landscaping etc.
ATP says hello to all of you TCers & to "Bamboo Ben" hope your digging the color!

T

NICE! Keep those update pics coming & assume your new neighbors are pleased with the property upgrade? Thortiki

Great Pictures! Looking at them always inspires me. However, living in Buffalo, NY limits what one can do. I am presently looking for any type of "tropical" looking perennial plants that can survive our climate. The search continues!

WOW! The house is looking amazing! I will hopefully be building a home in the next year or so and I'm looking at some classical blueprints for an MCM home. Love the light fixtures and the stone wall looks awesome. Great job!

If you could provide any additional details about the house that would be great. Square footage, layout, etc. I'm so envious.

Looks amazing, guys!!

A

Diggin' the choice of colors!

C

Wow, JG, looks incredible! Keep up the good work!

Caltiki Brent

J
JOHN-O posted on Fri, Jul 1, 2011 8:58 AM

Looks... FANTASTIC !!

I'd say keep it minimalist, i.e. "Tiki MODERN".

Too much Tiki = Clutter. :) Ha, ha.

Wow! hope I get invited to the first party :lol:

W

WOW! Love the transformation and the interior colors.

Chris

N

HOLY COW...that is awfully sweet! Nice Digs

BK

Great! Now I know where I'm crashing on my next trip! Seriously, you guys, that took some guts. I love the colors, the lighting & that killer rock wall. Great work. Keep us updated.
Mahalo,
Rick

K

fantastic job guys !!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies