Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Atomic Tiki Lounge

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies

BK

Careful, ATP! You're giving up too much info. Now I've got a house number to go with the town. You may find me snoozing in your garden come November!

BK

The house looks great, by the way!

Thanks you guys! Rick I think you mentioned your coming to town in a few months
maybe we will coordinate a get together around then also!

Have a great 4th everybody!

That is a beautiful entry way...sure is delightfully tropical (makes me jealous). NICE JOB!!!

You know why you have to have "Doug Horne" Art in your lounge?
Because he cares so much about his craft, That he makes surprise inspections
and cleanings of everything he makes & if you don't take good care of it
He will crush you in his huge hands!

Absolutely, incredibly freakin fantastic!!!!

Love, love, love it. You are doing an amazing job!

I just noticed that Lori had posted so I checked to see what she had looked at. I didn't know you (ATP) had a home thread. I'm speechless. I went and looked at every page. Such a beautiful re-model. I love the colors and the rock wall. The creative lighting just sets it all off. I wish those plants grew better here. Someday we would love to stop by and ogle all that you two have accomplished. Outstanding, Wendy

Looking amazing, ATP!!

Ehh,
it's ok I guess.
:wink:

oh, and
Get off his lawn!!!

Jeff(btd)

Totally diggin' it!!! Very nice ATP!!!

TT

Ho...Lee...Cow!

LoriLovesTiki,Wendy,Spike,Jeff,TikiRootsRocka & Tiki Tex!
Thank you for the kind remarks

I will post a few more updated photos later, Now get off my lawn!

yer lawn must be pretty messed up from so many people standing on it all the time.

Jeff(btd)

Greetings Polypopsters!

So here some updates & a few detail shots
you have no idea how tuff its been, Not to cover the walls in Tiki Nik-nacks & keep it Tiki Modern.....

ATP, you've got some NERVE! to paint your house that color. I mean that in a good way - most people wouldn't have the courage to try that but it worked out great!

It just keeps getting better. Your restraint from clutter and dedication to MCM is admirable. You are doing a bang-up job...I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks! Mike & Vamp

Vamp I hope your remodel happens sooner then later, So we can see what you do with your great collection.

Must say, I am frustrated that my ceiling thing is not going to happen right now. But like you, when the time arrives, I hope I can do it up right and I will have the supplies ready. That green is so beautiful, it feels energetic just looking at it in your pictures. I notice I have a lot of wall space in between my art too and it feels right to me, so think I will adopt your philosophy of keeping it uncluttered, good to see that is working in your place.

Looks great, ATP. Keep the pics coming.

Thanks for the kind remarks all of you!
A couple more for the road....

T

I am a clutter kind of guy but after viewing your place, I am sooo confused, Your place is incredible. A true masterpiece.

man this is great... i love the mix of tiki with some atomic. and the colours are amazing

Great color to paint your house! It looks very pretty if you don't mind me saying so. The minimalist look works well and the lighting really shows everything off. Great remodel.

On 2010-07-31 21:03, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Just got back from Bamboo Ben's 1/2 off sale,got a few things to add to the outdoor lounge...

Got some of Bamboo Ben's signage from the outside of Ben's place,thought it might look good...

Fixed up a wall with fishing net, a metal sign I made into a frame,One of Bamboo Ben's shelves & light shade
put out some of my broken mugs for decor, got some from Ben too.
use those old broken mugs for outdoor decor, looks cool.

Thank's Ben & Vicky!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-07-31 21:04 ]

have to say I LOVE your Tropic Isle sign...I scored a vintage hula art book about a year ago and that image is the cover. I loved it so much that I recreated it on a door for a huge art piece which we have on our tiki lanai

Thanks to every ones kind words!

Here are some updates....
Here is a clear view of the custom lampshade I had made for the lounge.

I spent all week restoring this "Broyhill Drawers" I got from Brent Walker (Thanks Brent!)
for the dining area.

I will post a step by step with photos if you guys are interested on how to restore
vintage furniture in my other crafts thread?

Was honored to receive John-O as a guest of ours in the lounge
Here is John-O & Jungle Ginger voguing for the camera!

Awesome
Looks like a great place to relax
Inside and out

Fine work my man

That dresser thing is insane! Nice work, Lance!!
The place looks great too!

Thanks Hang10, Spike it took me the whole week to restore that Dresser
The same week and amount of time you guys took to build a complete Tiki Lounge (The Breezeway)

Ahhhh love love love the Broyhill Brasilia!!! Nice job!

S

That is a really stunning pad ATP, you should be proud. I wish i owned my own place because i know it would look very similar to yours, although possibly slightly more cluttered. 300+ mugs have to go somewhere, and i want them where i can see them. :lol:

Beautiful space! That lampshade is awesome too!

HT

Lance and Nancy your place looks beautiful, you both did a great job on the Atomic tiki lounge.

Thanks Guys!

Some new Ruzic in the lounge....

"the Sliver of Moonlight"

Oh, I like that!

Very cool

Krikeeeee....looking even more awesome ATP....FABULOUS!!!

Love the voguing John-O & Jungle Ginger...great lounge to do it in. :)

Love you guys! come on, group hug, Tiki Bitches!

The whole home is so well executed.

Really nice job.

Wow, the Broyhill is a beauty!

E

I just wanted to say... that this is basically the coolest house I have ever seen. I want my house to look just like this... but somehow I think Mrs Elgarbo wouldn't be so keen on that idea.

It all looks so awesome! I have house envy!

Thanks for the nice comments you guys!

ATP,

One suggestion. Faux paint the switch plate covers and heater vents.They stick out all white and screw with your awesome walls and art!

T
Tabu posted on Sun, Sep 30, 2012 8:43 AM

As i am sure you are well aware your house rocks.

TE

Been awesome reading post & watching progress, really like this thread.

Thanks Tabu & Tiki Eye!

Ben it is funny you mentioned that, I was just looking at those vents
last night & thinking the same thing, as for the wall plates
I have been replacing them with stainless steal plates to keep with the Mid Century look.

Proof positive that Tiki and MCM can live hand in hand.
Love it!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 160 replies