Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki caliente 3 (Get Your Mug at www.tiki-caliente.com)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 440 replies

The Ad and Article have Hit and people are already responding.

For our 3rd installment of Tiki Caliente, we though it would be best to get more locals involved to help drum up foot traffic for our vendors.

Here is what they are now viewing.

W

Can't wait to party "Caliente" style!

T

Nice...publicity for tiki in print....we're mostly out there on the web. probably a good isea to go this route now...we need to expand the community.

Rock on Rory !

Tiki Caliente 3, the third edition of Tiki Caliente in what has come to be known as the Snyder Era.
Always a great event, it looks better than ever this year with a much more user friendly venue
thanks to Rory. See you there Doctor Snyder and, speaking for everyone, no worries if you leave the ukelele at home.

T

First Rory asks for the Pendant...

Then Rory wants the Tiki...

Then Rory wants a SUPERTIKI...

I just finished carving this 7 foot tall monster from styrofoam . Carving was fun but sweeping up little styrofoam balls every 5 minutes sucks ! Its just a cell pic but now I have to paint it and when Im done Ill use a real camera . I want to add a BIG rope to it and make the Worlds Largest Pendant !!!!!!!!!!

B

Damn Nice Ray!!

Is it heavy? Or will it blow away? :)

Great job as always Ray!!!!

[ Edited by: Me Myself and Moai 2011-04-26 23:45 ]

Very cool!

Just ordered my 2 wristbands. Can't wait

HT

Beautiful work Ray, "When do you start craving the 7' statue of Rory" ? It is only fitting to thank him for putting on such a great event. TIKI CALIENTE III

Thank you HB but my ego is out of control as it is....

Some people were worried about the Travel Lodge not being Tiki or not having a historic tiki past.

With tiki's like this on grounds and 400 tiki fan's we will wright the new history of tiki.

I added a photo with Ray next to it to show the size a little better.

look how small the photo looks because of the size!!!!!

P.S. this is the smaller of 2 that Ray will be Bringing.......cameras ready?

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-04-27 09:12 ]

I'm bringing a 5 ft tiki to stand near me in the DJ booth.
If people have(good looking) I know that's subjective, big tikis(4 to 6 ft)
bring them out, and we'll stand them up along the fence around the pool and or grounds.
and Tiki the place up.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2011-04-27 10:02 ]

HT

Rory your too modest, You owe the people at the event the possibility of being able to have a picture with you at any time. First look at the 7 foot statue of RORY.

CA

On 2011-04-27 10:34, HB TIKI wrote:
Rory your too modest, You owe the people at the event the possibility of being able to have a picture with you at any time. First look at the 7 foot statue of RORY.

great letterhead!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2011-04-28 14:41 ]

CA

On 2011-04-25 09:59, tikiyaki wrote:
Nice...publicity for tiki in print....we're mostly out there on the web. probably a good isea to go this route now...we need to expand the community.

Rock on Rory !

so people can freak-out that there is 2000 other people running around the event... and go start another 'smaller' more 'friendly' event some where else...

LET THE GAMES BEGIN! I personaly like crowds... the more the merrier! Cannon-ball anyone!!??????

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 28, 2011 4:50 PM

Hey, that photo was cropped! This is what really happened. (did not end well for GROG)

J

Doug Horne Artist of the Tiki Caliente poster and Mug will be in the Lobby from 3-4:30p.m. on Friday to sign your mug and enjoy a photo Op in front of his and Tiki Rays 7 foot tiki.

Early Bird Happy hour in the Lobby from 3-4:30 as well

W

T

Finally done with this 7 foot tall monster . I believe its 2 inches taller than Doug himself but I hope you get a chance to take a pic with it . Just be carefull . Its styrofoam and is already SOLD !Plus Ill be bringing a 10 foot tall suprise tiki . See ya at the pool ! Its Caliente HOT !!!!!!!!

HT

Beautiful job Ray, another masterpiece.

HT

21 days until TIKI CALIENTE , great bands, Big Tiki Dude Jeff Hanson as our favorite DJ, great tiki cravings and artwork. Also "MAI Tai"

CA

what are the TL's rules for standing on furniture???

and do i have the right to kick out imposers?

as well as those rock god imposers... It's an American Band!

HT

You forgot one "AL", what is the rule about swim suits in the adult pool?

You Know Al,the scariest and least fun thing about doing an event is dealing with insurance companies for Liability Insurance.

Here are a couple of RED FLAG'S that jacked up the rate.

1. Booze
  2. Pool with Booze
  3. Stage next to Pool
  4. 7 foot tiki made by Tiki Ray
  5. Al Evens M.C. of Event.

W.

maybe we can put your guy in the fire pit...

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-04-30 13:13 ]

a Single King room in the main building (non view) just opened up. comes with 2 wristbands

This building has been sold out for 3 months now.

$345.00 Fri/Sat
$445.00 Fri/Sun

Full Access

W

This is for tiki central fans only and first to Pm me and pay gets it.

W

CA

On 2011-05-03 20:43, Wildsville man wrote:
a Single King room in the main building (non view) just opened up. comes with 2 wristbands

This building has been sold out for 3 months now.

$345.00 Fri/Sat
$445.00 Fri/Sun

Full Access

W

This is for tiki central fans only and first to Pm me and pay gets it.

W

and you just might have me sleeping with you!... all be it on your floor perhaps...

CA

on a day like today, i'm thinking of going to the Springs like this

would i be over dressed??

T

Big tiki , BIGGER tiki.

Are those huge tikis or are you just happy to see me?

W

Aloha Tiki Friends. TC III is coming really fast. We can't wait to get to the party and check out everyone elses room parties. Be sure you are signed up for the room crawl and visit room #231 for some tasty drinks. Check out the podcast for tiki news and plenty of weekly shenanigans.

http://www.zentikilounge.com

I'd love to make Tiki Caliente, but since I won't be able to attend, the original cover painting from the current Tiki Magazine will be there for sale. "Offering the Lei" will be available there for $700. It's 16"x20" enamel (what else, right?) on canvas.

Then, my 11"x14" painting entitled "Admiration" will be available there for $600. It's enamel on stretched canvas. I originally painted it to be the actual Tiki Magazine cover (picture it with the Tiki Mag logo in the upper left corner). However, it was deemed to be too "dark" in nature, and too much of a possible legal risk to use as the cover. I thought it would have been unique and somewhat of an interesting departure from the norm. Anyhow, in the end, I can understand the concerns, but I still feel that it would have made a killer cover..... AND he's holding a Mai Tai in my upcoming "Player" mug from Tiki Farm!

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2011-05-05 20:44 ]

I'd love to make Tiki Caliente, but since I won't be able to attend, the original cover painting from the current Tiki Magazine will be there for sale. "Offering the Lei" will be available there for $700. It's 16"x20" enamel (what else, right?) on canvas.

Then, my 11"x14" painting entitled "Admiration" will be available there for $600. It's enamel on stretched canvas. I originally painted it to be the actual Tiki Magazine cover (picture it with the Tiki Mag logo in the upper left corner). It was deemed to be too "dark" in nature, and too much of a possible legal risk to use as the cover. I thought it would have been unique and somewhat of an interesting departure from the norm. Anyhow, in the end, I can understand the concerns, but I still feel that it would have made a killer cover..... AND he's holding a Mai Tai in my upcoming "Player" mug from Tiki Farm!

I LOVE the bottom painting, Sam! Really super cool!

Thanks so much, Lucky Designs! I heard you did a great job at the Tiki Mag issue release party!

Sam I always love seeing your work in person,mostly I love the fumes coming off the enamel. BUZZ TIME!!!!!

The Single KING we had is now SOLD!!!!!!

Once again we are Officially Sold Out at the Host Hotel.

Get Your Wristbands and Rooms Before May 10th. Both will increase in Price for the last Min Fan's.
Wristbands will go to $50 Each....

G
GROG posted on Fri, May 6, 2011 11:14 AM

This should be one of your sponsors.

HT

Another propose sponsor for Tiki Caliente, "Fanny Floss", recommended and used by the Wildsville Man.

And now for a quick commercial break:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbkfixaoCyA&feature=feedlik

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-05-06 17:23 ]

Chris,

thanks for posting that,
I totally forgot about that.

And it's good to see that Rory got the "Tequila Sponsor" for a tiki event.
He can use the bottle, when he's too drunk to "perform".
:o

Jeff(btd)

HT

Jeff, What do you mean "when Rory is too drunk to "perform".

Roger,
lets just say if he's not "up" to the task.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Just got my wristband. Looking forward to sweating with all of you in the sultry splendor that is Tiki Caliente.

On 2011-05-06 11:14, GROG wrote:
This should be one of your sponsors.

Grog make Tangaroa-Ru laugh out loud with this one! But seriously, ohana, grease yourselves up with the SPF this weekend. (Sunburn = no fun. Having someone cute put sunscreen on you = lots of fun.)

once again our great friends and Sponsor Live Magazine has done a great follow article of Tiki Caliente 3 and focuses more on Vendors and the Mug.

If you are planning on getting your hands on this fine limited addition mug don't wait. Get them when you check-in. Last year we had 250 mugs Sell Out.
This year we have 300 mugs will almost 25% more people on grounds.Do the math,Dig?

Now come to Caliente and be somebody!!!!!! Dig?

W

T

Every year as soon as I get out of my truck Im bombarded with people asking for the pendants which normally go onsale Saturday morning during vending . Then I always giving in and start running back and forth to my room to accomidate earlybirds . This year Im throwing caution to the wind and they all go on sale Friday as soon as I unload and and set up my table . Ive yet to go home with any left over as they are always a sell out and this year will be bigger so I have 45 to sell . I added colored sand to the resin to make them look like stone . I have 4 colors . Seafoam green for the VIP pendants you can get from Rory. They are highlighted with paintpens . Then I have beachsand, purple, and gray with little white flecs like granite . $15 apiece just like every year and I can highlight them for an extra $5 if you desire . Plus Ill have BIG FOAM tikis around the grounds , Moai Kavakava's and other little goodies . See ya there FRIDAY !

TT

On 2011-05-07 10:32, Wildsville man wrote:

W

Nice, looks like they used my photo of you Rory.

Wildsville Man - Will there be a On-Site Food Vendor selling grub at the pool again this year???

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 440 replies