Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki caliente 3 (Get Your Mug at www.tiki-caliente.com)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 440 replies

R
Rich posted on Sat, Jan 8, 2011 3:51 PM

Aloha,
My wife and I are planning to attend the Tiki Caliente in May and I was wondering if any of you chaps have stayed at the Motel 6 down the street from the Travelodge? Any information would be appreciated.

Mahalo,
Rich

Motel 666 ??

the Host hotel is the place to stay...

We are surrounded by hotels here in Palm Springs but it is true that the host hotel is the place to stay.

If you are at the Travel Lodge (Host Hotel) you can lounge in your room and listen to the music out on the ground and participate when you are ready.
If you are at the Motel 6 down the block,It will feel like a lifetime going back and forth if it's 110 in the shade. It's always nice to have a room near by to get out of the sun and crank the A/C with friends.

W

I have a question then...
Seeing as I have to wait to get tickets till Feb. will there still be rooms at the host hotel?

Make a Mai Tai and pick up a Ukulele!!!

[ Edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2011-01-09 09:58 ]

The Answer is,

Yes!!!!!

A Quick idea of how this will be handled.

1. 500 people Max
  2. Even though this is considered an Event,I treat it like a party and don't want it so big that it's uncomfortable.
  3. We are at a new location that is 40% larger so even with the first groups booking now it should leave plenty of room for new friend
  4. As I believe I am being loyal to people who have been loyal to the Event,I am also Honest...and if they do not Lock-in the room by the due date those rooms will be released to the General Public because that is Fair.
    5.When the Hotel Sells Out everyone on grounds will have one last chance to order extra wristbands for people staying on grounds
  5. Then wristbands will be sold to people staying off site and only what ever number is left.
  6. If the Event and Wristbands Become SOLD OUT do not show up in Palm Springs thinking you will get into the nighttime events......ask some of the people from last year.
    8.I hate the term General Public...I consider them future friends.

Not the biggest only the best!!!!!!

in my opinion!!!!!!! Dig?

W has left the building

Nice Strat Wildsville Man,
is your surf band gonna play this year?
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

To Help me M.C. and to make sure we keep this party moving in the right direction we here at Tiki Caliente have enlisted someone to offset the Wildness of the Wildsville man himself. The only thing that can surpass the Wildness is the CRAZYNESS.

Friends of Tiki Central say hello to your Tiki Caliente 3 M.C.

Mr Crazy Al,

J

Dude, Wildsville and Crazy Al? Together? That equals MADNESS! Tiki Caliente is about to get a lil craaaazy.

Jetson,
thanks for including me in that Threesome above,
but I'm just the Mellow DJ for the weekend.
not wild or crazy.

Jeff(big tiki Dude)

J

Haha Sorry Jeff. But you know we always look to you to set the mood.

T

Damn, now that the holidays are over Im swamped but I just carved the master event pendant out of Hawaiian Koa wood . Im getting ready to start pouring molds while I work on other projects . Anyways , its a 3D carving of Doug Hornes tiki which the mug is based on as well . I hope you like it . I sell out every year so far .

HT

Great job Ray. I really like the KOA TIKI

HT

Rory, " Do you think if I get a pair of ELVIS Glasses like you, I will look younger".

Ray that pendant is Awesome!!!!!the Master for the Molds is always the most desirable piece.

H.B. We don't need another Elvis wannabe at Caliente. Plus with us both both wearing out Tiki Ray pendants we may look like twins.

Caliente 3 is the fountain of youth!!!!!! Dig?

J

Ray, that pendant is awesome. But shopuld we expect any less from the best? Can't wait to buy one again this year.

The warm LA weather the past few days is making us think of lounging by the pool at Tiki Caliente. May can't come soon enough. Sunshine is working on his cocktails for the event, not quite happy with the perfect recipe yet. Kalani is getting her tan ready. Starshine is drinking. And, Pumpkin is in denial how little time she has to find the most mod bikini!

Join us on the podcast every week, that is until you see us at Tiki Caliente!

Get all your ZTL info at

http://www.zentikilounge.com

Join us on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/zentikilounge#!/zentikilounge

Feb 1st is just around the corner and we are lining up the third day of entertainment to make Tiki Caliente 3 more of a vacation then an Event.
With Food and Cocktails on ground and some of the greatest entertainment around this is bound to be one for the record books.
The Sunday Line up should be completed by Feb 1st so please consider chill'in out with us one more day to make this a great Stay-cation.

You will have plenty to do Sunday to keep busy,but with less hustle and bustle.

And most of all you still have enough friend around to enjoy a sunset in Palm Springs.

Be ready to be entertained.

W

Look forward to the Wild and Crazy Room Part that will be Hosted by Crazy Al and Myself Sunday in the Pool Area,because the rooms too small.

a look at your new home for Tiki Caliente 3

Like I've said before.
do yourself a favor,
and stay the whole weekend,
and go home on monday.

you'll thank Rory after.

Jeff(btd)

J

Welcome to Tiki Caliente,
Say what's up to Sunshine, still sippin' mai tai's
sittin' poolside, mermaids give me high five
Dude I be lei'd out, I could climb a palm tree
Tell by my attitude that I'm most definitely from....

Palm Springs, desert jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothin' you can't do
Now you're in Palm Springs
These dunes will make you feel brand new
Big moutains inspire you
Let's hear it for Palm Springs

Rooms for Tiki Caliente go on sale to the general public on February 1st. For a chance to pre book your room, listen to Zen Tiki Lounge podcast episode #200 for details.

http://zentikilounge.com

when is show 200 up?

Podcast 200 is ready for you. Visit the website to listen online or go to iTunes and subscribe to the podcast. All RSS readers are supported.

On this weeks show we tell you how you can pre book a room at Tiki Caliente before rooms go on sale to the public.

Enjoy the show!

http://www.zentikilounge.com/

Visit us on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/zentikilounge

Stacking the Deck for your Sunday Getaway at Tiki Caliente 3.

No need for REDBULL to wake you up when you have a Sunday Lineup like this....

Start your morning off with a Second Set from the Insect Surfers.

These guys are buggin!!!!!

Then get into the Grove with the Dynotones.........

Keeping the Vibe alive.........

then for all of you diehards that are crashing in Palm Springs till Monday morning we will have a chill out by the pool for Sunset.

We are looking into several options for entertainment,but it looks like we will have slack key guitar by the pool for sundown.

DID YOU GET YOUR ROOM YET? LISTEN TO ZEN TIKI FOR YOUR CHANCE TO PRE-BOOK A.S.A.P.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2011-01-25 12:42 ]

HT

Rory ,What is your secret to inspire people to get ready for TIKI CALIENTE 3 ?

a great time.

Thank you HB Tiki or the question and BigTikiDude for the response.

For me a large part of my vacation is paying for all the travel expenses and looking forward to what is to come.

So if you have a bad work day you can always seek inspiration in this future trip, to get by....

Pace yourself to make it to the finish line.

Enjoy knowing your vacation will be treated with respect from the host and staff to make sure it was worth the wait.

W

Who want's 3?

5 long days till I can get my tickets....

On 2011-01-27 10:29, Beach Bum Scott wrote:
5 long days till I can get my tickets....

WoooHooooo!!!

I call dibs on the big bed.

Woooohooooo
Thank you Wildsville and Sunshine, TK and I "Love the Zen Tiki Lounge" Were in!!!!

Now counting the days to come to Palm Springs...

2 days till rooms go on sale for TC3.

As rooms were released to friends of TC1 and TC2 we are looking for new friends to throw into the mix for TC3.

Keep an eye on http://www.tiki-caliente.com for updates on entertainment and other news.

our official website is also were the rooms and packages will go on sale. Please do not call the host hotel,they will just tell you that the hotel is SOLD OUT or refer you to http://www.tiki-caliente.com also.

Wristbands will NOT go on Sale until March 1st for people staying off grounds. Wristbands will be limited to off ground guest so do not wait.

The options are as followed.

Single King for Fri/Sat with 2 Wristbands $310.00
Single King for Fri-Sun with 2 wristbands $410.00
Double Queen for Fri-Sat with 2 wristbands $320.00
Double Queen for Fri-Sun with 2 wristbands $420.00
add one wristband for room $30
add two wristbands for room $60

The sooner you book the closer to the action you will be.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

W

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-01-30 09:14 ]

S

I see photos of the Martini Kings here scheduled for Saturday, but don't see them in the line-up on TiKi Caliente website. Maybe I'm already sipping too much rum......are they scheduled to play? I hope so.

Martini Kings will not be at Caliente this year. Tony and Frank of the Martini Kings needed to pull out of Mojave Oasis and Tiki Caliente this year. nothing personal,I would love to have them at the show. but sometimes life or schedules get in the way.

Tony added a comment about not making the event this year but he added it to the tiki caliente 2 subject verses tiki caliente 3.

W

I'm going to Tiki Caliente!!! Weeee!

K
kirby posted on Tue, Feb 1, 2011 10:19 AM

Me too!

Are you in Yet?

If so let us know............

For the people who have booked so far today..Thank You

and I will contact you with your room number after my meeting at work finishes today.

W

On 2011-02-01 10:49, Wildsville man wrote:
Are you in Yet?

Ha!!
I bet you say that to all the Palm Spring boys huh Rory?
:o, :roll: :wink:

Jeff(btd)

L

We're in for our third Rory. See you (all) then!

We're in...the countdown is on!

Kevin

Booked our room today. ATP and I will be there with his special Mai Tai recipe.

CA

get the sun-screen ready............ahhhhhhhhhhh! Palm Springs in May!

whoa, Crazy Al leading the pack, be afraid........be afraid........

Thank you to everyone who has booked so far. when I got out of bed Tuesday morning to make sure the website was set up for room sales I remember thinking "how many people are really paying attention if I will have the sales up in time?" and the answer was 31.....

the Train is moving a lot faster then years past,so it will be interesting when the breaks have to be hit early to stop us.

We are around 310 people now.....with a max of 500.

Things you may want to know.......
Double Queen Rooms are for Sale
King Rooms are SOLD OUT
Pool Side Room are SOLD OUT
Also,

A lot of people are asking about the Official Mug.

The Mug photos should be available soon........But I will not pre-sell them like last year.

too many people not reading " for pick up only" and buying them before people on grounds.
also it will take less time for you to hand me cash and me hand you a mug then looking up your order.

Thank you again for trusting us to show you a good time, we take this very seriously.
I know when you spend money on an Event that the cost isn't only your room and wristband but travel cost and time.
so when I see for the first time in Tiki Caliente history that we are getting people from the other coast I know the cost involved with traveling that distance and want you all to know.....

You will be entertained........

Thank You,

W

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2011-02-03 05:57 ]

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-02-10 22:43 ]

you're outta control man.

Jeff(btd)

J
Jetson posted on Thu, Feb 3, 2011 8:26 PM

Of course he's outta control. He's WILD! lol can't wait. TC3 is creeping ever closer...

[ Edited by: Jetson 2011-02-03 20:27 ]

M

Hi, are Vending spaces still available? If so, what are the details. Thanks!

If anyone want's to Vend at Tiki Caliente 3 please PM me here in Tiki Central. I do have a couple spots left in main area and a few on secondary site.

W

K

Has anyone been contactedwith room numbers yet? I'm getting excited! Fun times ahead!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 440 replies