Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki caliente 3 (Get Your Mug at www.tiki-caliente.com)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 440 replies

[ Edited by: chrisandsarahb 2011-05-16 22:05 ]

1 single King

room is on grounds with 2 wristbands and comes with 1 official TC3 Mug.

$400.00 for Fri-Sat

P.M. Me and it will be first payed is first to get the room

W

See you in 4 days will 88 Degree weather.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-05-16 20:49 ]

J

Only a few more days!!! Can you dig this weather?

DZ

On 2011-05-16 09:47, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Don't forget that Tiki Caliente may be cut a day short:

Meh. Just make sure you get one of my hangover packets and you'll be fine...

On 2011-05-16 19:33, Doctor Z wrote:

Amen!!!

Just a heads up for everyone going....

The Palm Springs Art Museum still has the Donald Wexler exhibit. He was the architect for the Royal Hawaiian. Looks like an awesome exhibit!

http://www.psmuseum.org/exhibitions/current_exhibition.php?id=40

Donald Wexler practiced architecture during what he calls the “golden age” of California architecture from the immediate postwar years through the 1970s. This was a time when architects enjoyed considerable freedom to employ new materials and technologies in their search for functionally beautiful architecture. The extremes of the desert climate forced Wexler to develop a sustainable architecture, which was not only successful functionally, but achieved a timeless aesthetic appeal. During a career that spanned almost six decades, he designed numerous houses, condominium complexes, as well as banks, office parks and schools. The primary objects in the exhibition will be drawn from the Donald Wexler Collection, housed in the ENV Archives-Special Collections, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona and will include original presentation drawings, working drawings, photographs and models. These will be augmented by a number of professional photographs and new models fabricated by Cal Poly students, including a full-scale sectional steel model illustrating the prefabrication system Wexler used in the steel houses. The exhibition will be accompanied by a catalogue with essays by co-curators, Lauren Weiss Bricker, Ph.D., professor of architecture, Cal Poly, Pomona and Sidney Williams, curator of architecture and design, Palm Springs Art Museum.

Organized by the Palm Springs Art Museum and California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, this exhibition is funded in part by the museum's Architecture & Design Council, CALCRAFT Construction, Mitre & Bevel, Escalante Architects, Helene Galen, Daniel Patrick Giles, Hamptons Modern, Thomas Jakway and Stephen Tripp, Harold Matzner, Brian McGuire, Ph.D., the City of Palm Springs, Modernism Week, Weldon Color Lab, American Institute of Architects/California Desert Chapter, and Friends of Donald Wexler.

C

Wouldn't miss it, Don is the man.
Exhibit ends at the end of the month so catch it now.

getting close, holding my breath but i'm turning blue...

Well, if the Armageddon happens, at least we'll have a cocktail in our hands. Judgement day? Judge this Mai Tai!

On 2011-05-16 20:44, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2011-05-16 19:33, Doctor Z wrote:

Amen!!!

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere? Saturday at Caliente.............V.I.P. Party

For only 40 Special people we have a V.I.P. Package for you

We have 20 Print/Pendant and party set's for the Sophisticated Savage in you and one Guest.
This is a first-come-first-served option for $50 Cash.
Available at Check-in

Only 33 of the Art will ever exist and only 20 Matching V.I.P. pendant with v.i.p. stamped on the back.

Party will be at 5p.m. Saturday at my room with Appletons Rum and Asombroso for our guest to enjoy.

Drink up and be somebody......Dig?

such the separatist you.

Jeff(btd)

HT

To honor the most PROLIFIC Tiki Man in Palm Springs Rory "WILDVILLE MAN" Snyder I designed a pendant holder for the official pendants sold by Tiki Ray and the VIP pendants sold in the Travel Lodge office.

Wildsville Man - Is the pool bar/food vendors cash only or will they take credit cards too?

I am stoked up and ready to go! See you all in Palm Springs OH!, and don't forget, Queen Kamehameha and the Tonga Hut's Room Crawl, Friday 6:30pm we have a All NEW Original Cold and Frosty Cocktail by Hiphipahula Kelly Reilly waiting just for you!

On 2011-05-18 09:36, WooHooWahine wrote:
Wildsville Man - Is the pool bar/food vendors cash only or will they take credit cards too?

Cash is king people....

W

are dogs allowed on site during the day?? in the vending areas??

Well if you can could you please refrain from bringing a dog to my booth . Cindy has a weird allergy to some dogs . You just never know which ones sets her off .

Looking forward to seeing my Tiki friends this weekend!

Some of the items I will have in my booth Saturday and Sunday.

Original art,

"Mr. Coral Hat"
Pencil on paper

"Mr. Coral Hat"
Pencil on paper mounted to MDF board.

"Mr. Pink"
Pencil on paper (he does look pink in person)

"Mr. Pink"
Pencil on paper and handmade paper mounted to MDF board.

Limited edition prints,

"Monkey's night out"
Digital painting
Edition of 200

"The One-Eyed Bartender"
Pencil on paper
Edition of only 25 prints

"Ancient Alien Tribal Mask"
Pencil on paper
Edition of only 25

Wood masks,

"Diablo Tiki mask"
My design, carved in Bali

Stickers!

Coasters!

And lots more!!!

Yes, I can take Visa/Master card and cash.

See ya all in a few!!!

Great Art Doug as always.

Friday night Special,in-between the Ding Dong Devils and the Hula Girls we will have a special at the on grounds Caliente Bar that can not be missed. walk away with a piece of history you will not see again.

For people with wristbands only

drink up and be somebody,Dig?

W

A

I will have an extra wristband for anyone that may need one as one of my party isn't coming. Hit me up at [email protected] if you would like it for the 30 I paid for it. See ya Friday!

On 2011-05-18 11:04, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Well if you can could you please refrain from bringing a dog to my booth . Cindy has a weird allergy to some dogs . You just never know which ones sets her off .

But she's immune to YOU ray?! I call bullshit! :) love ya kieffer!

Is everyone as excited as we are?! We're still slaving away in the hut, but you can check out what we have so far at our facebook page! :)

Looking forward to popping my Caliente cherry!

J

im too excited to sleep!

Great art Doug Horne!

Ooops, just noticed the vending thread over in the marketplace.

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2011-05-18 20:13 ]

I have 1 extra wristband....$25.00 to the first person to PM me. Aloha

Bongofury

Friday night starts the momentum for what is to be a great weekend and not a second to be missed.

1. Get your mug at a special check-in price with our limited insert for Friday only.
  2. Doug on hand signing the mug's and selling lower number official posters.
  3. vendor Sneak-peak
  4. Bar is on grounds with Primo,Asombroso,Coruba and Appletons Rum.
  5. Pulled Pork Dinner being Served. From Big Mammas B.B.Q. With fee
  6. Ding Dong Devils
  7. Hula Girls
  8. Special promo at bar for fans on ground before we open to the public next day........do not miss it....limited supplies.

You do not a second of the kick-off

W

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-05-19 07:36 ]

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-05-19 08:56 ]

Here's a quick recap of Friday night as per Rory:

5:30 P.M.

Opening Toast with Crazy Al and Wildsville Man
(Have a drink in your hand for this one…….Bar will be open)

5:35 P.M.-6:15 P.M.

Ding Dong Devils First Set (Main Stage)
(Open Bar with pre-mix special)
7:00 P.M.- 7:45 P.M.

Ding Dong Devils Second Set (Main Stage)
(Open Bar with Pre-mix special)

8:35 P.M.- 10:00 P.M. Headliners THE HULA GIRLS (Main Stage)

I can vouch for Nelson's Tiki Huts working hard on some awesome art and lamps...! Can't wait to see all the great stuff (and hopefully take some away with me)!

At the Travel Lodge now....
Let it begin,
Today I am waiting for booze,portapottys and Da Mugs....

Then it's time to blow up pool toys,drink,put batteries in paper lanterns,drink then pick myself up,dust myself off and start all over again.

W

CA

maybe i should start making something for my booth... One of a Kind Stuff!! or do i starting packing my truck.. I'm Heading Out In Hours!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... SPLASH!!
HEY NO SPLASHING!

Printed my first color of the poster last night. The black goes down tonight.
You'll have to check these out at Caliente, they're coming along nicely....!

oh, and if you don't know what you're looking at, this is the screen that you pull the ink through to lay down on the poster paper.

C

Tomorrow, right around this time: Get your Doug mug, pulled pork and a bar drink, then come see us at 5:30!

The Ding Dong Devils (during our two sets) will be debuting no less than 8 brand new, never played-live-before songs--ncluding one written especially for Tiki Caliente! After that, the Hula Girls will fill the air with their unique, inviting sounds!

Caltiki Brent

https://www.facebook.com/dingdongdevils

Here's a quick recap of Friday night as per Spike:

5:30 P.M.
Have a drink in your hand

5:35 P.M.-6:15 P.M.
Open Bar with pre-mix special

7:00 P.M.- 7:45 P.M.
Open Bar with Pre-mix special

8:35 P.M.- 10:00 P.M.
more drinkin

Kinda sorta counting down the hours over here. Can't wait!

kevin

DZ

Here's a quick recap of Friday night as per Daves Not Home:

5:30 P.M. - ???

Drink & listen to bands

CA

packed... and OFF!!

one thing all you attendees... I have ebay auctions ending sunday and will have the mugs at my booth for you to check out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110687163006&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110687164321&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110687549258&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

[ Edited by: crazy al 2011-05-19 19:46 ]

We will have the room crawl schedule posted outside our room. Also, we will be serving Don the Beachcomber Mai-Tai's from 6-6:30 on Friday in room 112. Don's Swizzle Sticks and Coasters with each drink while supplies last!

Get ready to crawl!!!! WoooooHooooOOOOOooooooooooooo!

DZ

On 2011-05-18 12:18, Wildsville man wrote:

drink up and be somebody,Dig?

Tikiyaki Swag will be located at The Big Tiki Dude DJ booth

AVAILABLE AT CALIENTE THIS WEEKEND IN LIMITED NUMBER - $60 at the Tikiyaki Merchandise booth next to DJ Big Tiki Dude.

TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA JUNGLE JETSETTER DIGITAL USB COMPANION !!!

The Jungle Jetsetter Digital USB companion designed by KIRBY, is a reusable USB Flash drive loaded with both the "StereoExotique" AND "Swingin' Sounds for the Jungle Jetset" albums, unreleased song demos, videos, and entire live show recording from Don The Beachcomber,iphone and computer wallpapers and more !

Load the files into your computer and then use the 2gig flash drive for storing and transporting your files, Tikiyaki Style !

Comes with a desk stand for displaying on your desk or wear it around your neck as a cool tiki pendant when jetsetting....never be without your important files !

Look for DJ Big Tiki Dude....our merchandise will be there.

Hey all,
Real quick,
We still have a couple of rooms left at royal sun inn.
Give abbe the owner a call and book your room.
You still will need wristbands.

$50 each available at the tiki caliente tent.

W

Finished printing the posters last night! Here it is next to the one that I did last for year. The Blue is metallic! Wow!

Two color/ limited edition prints. Signed and numbered.
Only $20
Get one, before they run out!

The Hula Girls are on at 8:30 tonight!!

On 2011-05-19 19:30, Doctor Z wrote:
Here's a quick recap of Friday night as per Daves Not Home:
5:30 P.M. - ???
Drink & listen to bands

An even quicker recap of Fri night:
Party with Z Man

J

love! see you soon!

Ding Dong Devils and Hula Girls last night.....

J

Sorry to hear that TikiCyn. I noticed the room safe but elected to leave my laptop and other valuables just sitting on the bed. I figured I was in Palm Springs (not exactly a hotbed of urban crime) and surrounded by hundreds of like-minded souls. Why would I need to use the safe? It guess it just shows you can't be too careful no matter where you are.

On another note, Tiki Caliente has been GREAT !! I never experienced it when it was at the Caliente Tropics, but I thought the Travelodge was an appropriate venue. Mid-century vibe, renovated rooms, and a comfortable layout that was very conducive for socializing and enjoying the great music and vending.

Thanks Rory !! :)

Tikicyn, going the extra mile and getting a grand membership here so we wouldn't automatically think you were either the owner or affiliated with the caliente tropics was a nice touch!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 440 replies