Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Holiday Swap 2010...its that time of year again:) Boxes should be IN THE MAIL !! Post pics !!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies

My trade arrived on Black friday..
Many thanks and aloha go out to Zerotiki !!!!!!!! among all the goodies hidden inside....a really cool tiki nodder...drink umbrellas...
cool mugs....a lei swag.....trader vic goodies...and a bevy of small hidden goodies that made it a blast digging through it......and a very cool mini tiki painting that has already been hung over the bar....

L

What...no picture? Lol

Awesome! Getting word that packages are already hitting doorsteps....if you can post a pic...if you can't leave a word of thanks to your swap partner on this thread.

As of today I have been told....

Unkle John
Atomictonytiki
Fenrixtiki
Sneakytiki

Your boxes have been shipped.

Times ticking away. If I have not heard from you by the 30th that you have sent your swap be prepared to be harrassed!!

Breaking away from not posting to post my trade picked up today as I was shipping mine out...

Sent from mrsmiley...

An amazing box of goodness...
A Trader Vic's dinner plate. A Trader Vic's Menehune bowl. Two Trader Vic's poolside pilsner glasses. One vintage Skipper Kent's cocktail napkin. Three Frankie's Tiki Room swizzles and a Frankie's business card. Swizzle and picks from the Beachcomber Canada? And a 1957sputnik/MIster Smiley business card.

Crazy cool. and "ZAZZ" at you mrsmiley!

Thanks to you and again thanks to Liz for hosting the trade!

Much later,

PTD

On 2010-11-27 12:17, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Breaking away from not posting to post my trade picked up today as I was shipping mine out...Much later,

PTD

PTD,

Good to see you again, miss you on Tiki Finds.

DC

D
dcman posted on Sat, Nov 27, 2010 5:02 PM

I received one of my two mug trade boxes, this one from the honorable Silverline. Great stuff! Thanks! Besides the great mug, notice the stirrer holder, the postcard, and the shirt! This swap was great!

dcman

I was the lucky recipient of a tiki swap package from the one and only Leleliz! It arrived on my doorstep today! SO much amazing stuff!
Islander peanut mug in black, Malio's bucket mug, dashboard hula-boy (haha!), Maui pendant, salt & pepper shaker w/ pineapple spoon holder, ceramic surfer salt & pepper shaker (already in use in the kitchen! forgot to grab it for the photo..), swizzle sticks and coasters from Forbidden Island, Tiki Tony pendant, Sailor Jerry Rum bottle opener dog tags (my favorite.. ehem.. everyday rum!), Hawaii road maps from the 60's (!!!), tons of vintage hawaiian postcards, and aMAzing old black and white photos from Hawaii National Park! oh, and a Nekromantix sticker.. (how'd she know I was a Psychobilly fan?!) Thanks SO much Liz! I'm already looking forward to the Summer swap!

[ Edited by: PhantomTiki 2010-11-27 22:26 ]

[ Edited by: PhantomTiki 2010-11-29 16:13 ]

L

Oh hooray PhantomTiki! I am glad you liked it all ......and I am glad you posted your ooga mooga account so I could send you mugs you didn't have :)

Happy holidays!

Z

I am glad youejoyed your box of goodies, ClosetTiki!

Just received my first Swap!
All this from Black Lagoon.

Great Creature Mug! Gonna Add that to my Black Lagoon Collection right next to my signed "Ricou Browning" Creature Figure!
A Kon Tiki Daga mug, and some Swizzles I didnt have! Cheers!!!

[ Edited by: Sideshow Bob 2010-11-29 04:12 ]

How often do these swaps happen? I'd love to get in on the next one (I'm sure I'll have enough posts by then).

L

TikiShaker
House of Ku

Boxes are enroute

Will update this list again in a bit.

:)

L

Tiki tacky the next swap will either be around April 15 for tax day or during the Summer :)

Excellent! Right around my birthday. :) That'll give me some time to amass some fun stuff to send.

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2010-11-29 11:52 ]

...This came to me via Canada "O" Canada .."Brandomoai"....as you can see a well defined assortment from all the select "Tiki" groups .We have multiple swizzle stirs, a glass cocktail container, a Tiki mug, Special Edition of drink card, a tease of flavorful rum, a special edition plastic Tiki cup..good for coffee, or short drinks, and a business card from a real live Canadian Tiki Bar..only thing missing, is a tropical serving girl and ice...Brandomoai...A job well done and much appreciated....8)

Anyone with unwanted Rum, please fell free to forward it on, it will be most welcomed here...and a special thanks to those already shipping ..Thanks...8)

Z

Just received my bit of shrunken goodness from dcman all the way out on t'other coast... Amazing! Love the Otto's Shrunken head mug! And bendy straws! Yay!! One can never have too many bendy straws! I will have to pick out the perfect photo for the frame...perhaps listening to this CD I have will help me figure out which one to use. The F.O.M. items are intriguing, and a bit mysterious. I like that. You have my sincerest gratitude for this wonderful swap gift.

Mahalo to dcman, and leleliz. Once again, a great swap!
~Zero

Hey Bob, glad you liked the stuff, the ooga mooga link helped me find that daga on your list.

Glad you liked our Creature mug!

Paul

On 2010-11-29 04:04, Sideshow Bob wrote:
Just received my first Swap!
All this from Black Lagoon.

Great Creature Mug! Gonna Add that to my Black Lagoon Collection right next to my signed "Ricou Browning" Creature Figure!
A Kon Tiki Daga mug, and some Swizzles I didnt have! Cheers!!!

[ Edited by: Sideshow Bob 2010-11-29 04:12 ]

M

I have to admit I was a bit scared getting your name after seeing the great Tiki finds you are always posting. PM me with your ebay name. I'd love to see what you sell! Glad to see "amazing goodness" describing what I sent! :)
Enjoy! -mr smiley

On 2010-11-27 12:17, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Breaking away from not posting to post my trade picked up today as I was shipping mine out...

Sent from mrsmiley...

An amazing box of goodness...
A Trader Vic's dinner plate. A Trader Vic's Menehune bowl. Two Trader Vic's poolside pilsner glasses. One vintage Skipper Kent's cocktail napkin. Three Frankie's Tiki Room swizzles and a Frankie's business card. Swizzle and picks from the Beachcomber Canada? And a 1957sputnik/MIster Smiley business card.

Crazy cool. and "ZAZZ" at you mrsmiley!

Thanks to you and again thanks to Liz for hosting the trade!

Much later,

PTD

L

Mr. Smiley EVERYONE fears getting Psycho Tiki D as a partner....but little does anyone know he has like 10 things in his collection. All those "finds" he posts are just photoshopped :wink:

Minitor
DCMan
Sideshow Bob -the right address!
Queen K

Boxes have been sent!

Sorry if I'm a little slow w replies to PMs. My laptop is dead so I have been communicating through my cell phone....which is super annoying to say the least!

I may have gotten word that other boxes have been sent as well but if you have NOT sent ya better!!

Send a message once you do to me too!

V

Yowza!

People are already receiving stuff?! Once again, a big mahalo to Liz for putting this all together. I think I'm gonna wait till xmas eve to open my box! :)

Henrik "VanTiki"

[ Edited by: VanTiki 2010-11-29 18:32 ]

After a grueling Monday at work, my wife and I arrived home with rain pouring down. But wait.. what did I see on our front porch... a box? No. Two boxes. I recovered the first which had absorbed the rain and found that it was our Keurig Coffee monthly delivery. Not too exciting, but the Green Mountain Kona Coffee is awesome. Underneath the coffee though was my TIKI TRADE BOX. My trader is the awesome CLOSETTIKI. Inside my package was a treasure trove of awesomeness. An Islander Bucket Mug. A Daga Pineapple mug from the new Otani. Trader Vic's Coasters. Menehune Swizzles. A Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room Penny. A Trader Vics Double Shot. A dashboard dancer. A tiki toothpick holder. Two awesome trader vics print/posters. Closettiki...you rock. You went above and beyond. Thanks for everything and thanks to Liz for setting up this swap.

L

Joe banks
Sneakytiki

Yours have been sent too!

I love looking at the pictures of the swaps. GREAT JOB LIZ!!!

L

Blaklagoon
Pikeys Dog
Slacks Ferrett
Naneki

boxes have been sent

IF YOU HAVE NOT SENT AND YOU ARE SENDING INTERNATIONAL FROM THE US...

USE A FLAT RATE BOX!!

:)

Well, after a so-so day at work I came home to find a box on the porch from Tikifan1. This is what I found..

A gift box with not only wrapped stuff but.... I got food!!! chocolate covered food..yea!!! :) Thought about waiting to open one wrapped gift a week.. yeah right.

Great picks all!!! Two Paul Marshal mugs and a blue parrot mug. A embroidered bag with a gecko on it ( I already lost it to the wife ) a custom name tag,shot glass,Wooden hanging tiki, mini skull baskets and two shell mats.

also in the pouch, a small stone carved tiki and a MR. Stone face tiki pendent from Geo tiki.
WOW what a haul. Thanks a lot TIKIFAN1. Again great picks all! and All the mugs are new for me! Thanks again and thanks Leleliz for putting this together again.

[ Edited by: ka'lenatiki 2010-11-30 20:39 ]

Lovely haul on a grey rainy day here in Atlanta..thanks to Ka'lenatiki!

(Note - there is some greenish in the picture that doesn't actually exist...notably on the Trader Dic's mug, which is tan).

First up; my first p-nut mug..always important.

Then a Tiki Farm "Tiki-Tees" shot mug, and a shrunken head! Also some rimming sugar in a Shag tin, a snoozing menehune coco joe or hip, some papergoods, and a neat tourist outrigger! (And a wee nip o' rum)!

All that, and a really nice card!
Thanks, swap-pal!

Glad you liked it! I know the rimming surgar isn't tiki per-say but hey.. it's shag!! With tikis :)

On 2010-11-30 20:41, ka'lenatiki wrote:
Glad you liked it! I know the rimming surgar isn't tiki per-say but hey.. it's shag!! With tikis :)

It's also a great way to keep my coaster collection safe and dry!

L

TabooDan yours is being sent tomorrow
Pittsburgh Pauly
Trutiki
Trutiki again
Silverline

in the mail my friends !

Mine is at the post office right now so I will be picking this up either tomorrow or Thursday

if you havent sent please get those in the mail. If Friday rolls around with no info about mailing from ya make sure you let me know why!

Ka'lenatiki, I'm so glad you enjoyed the goodies. I sure had fun putting your trade together. Hey the GeoTiki coin I sent was actually a creation of VanTiki. Henrik does awesome things on that island of his. I'm diggin this trade thread. Cool seeing what folks are getting. Mahalo!

L

John the Mainlander was my swap partner and holy hell did he spoil me this swap!

The box was almost as big as my kitchen table!

Upon opening it I was told to unveil this Les Baxter record 1st (the note apologizing for lack of tiki swag was NOT needed silly John!) and no I wont flip the photo around either :wink:

The amount of wrapped packages filled my whole table!!

And I only had some of the coasters you included!!

The Planters Punch glass, NY Tourist glass (I collect 50s barware so this is great!), hobbiest PMP, tiki shot (I have a yellow one but no brown),PMP mug, OOHs, half shot and misc swizzles were all new to me!! Hooray!!

You done good my friend and you have also cheered me up immensely today!
Mahalo Mahalo Mahalo!!!!

Here's mine from Tiki Shaker, WOW!!! He went overboard, I love it all, especially the shaker! Thank you Tiki Shaker!!!!!

K

Just got my package in the mail today! In addition to some wonderful box illustration, I received a mug from the Thatch Bar in Portland, a Daga mug from Kihei, Maui, some great swizzle/picks and umbrellas, and some coasters and a postcard. Great stuff and very generous! Thanks Phantom Tiki!

Snif, snif... boy... you guys got some really, really neat stuff... snif, snif...

On 2010-12-01 18:02, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
Snif, snif... boy... you guys got some really, really neat stuff... snif, snif...

Oh NO! Will lightening strike twice on the same Bungalow?

(I doubt it.)

Thanx to Dan (DCMan) for the box of goodies. Much mahalos.

Mrs. TikiPug

Okay my box from BongoBungalow arrived today and I was so excited I opened it in the postoffice. It did not disappoint.

My favorite was the Orchids Hula Girl and the CocoJoe's Chieftain. I got three Westwood mini mugs that go with a piece I already have, a Moai, and a cool lavender mug. Also inside was a vintage Hawaiian postcard. I had none of these items and love them all. Thank you so much Bongo for the care you put into my box and Mele Kalikimaka.

D
dcman posted on Thu, Dec 2, 2010 3:55 AM

Many thanks to Trutiki for a wonderful trade! It came in a very cool box, but that was only the start! Great mugs, great art, cool comics, a necklace, Santa's shrunken head, and an actual tiki! Many Mahalos! I couldn't be more happy!

dcman

Received my 2nd Swap from Trutiki!
Wow! Great Stuff! Tiki Hut Mug, Mr. Tonga Tongue Mug, a New Zealand Carving
, Pendant & More!!! CHEERS!

The pleasure is mine SuperEight! Glad you like the stuff!

T

DCMan and SideshowBob, glad you enjoyed your bundles. I love the thought of packaging as much as content.

Which brings me to my two fabulous swappers: Both Naneki and Mrs.TikiPug brought lots of tiki joy into my life yesterday. And both styled out the gift items for maximum impact which highly impressed the packaging nut in me.

First up, "The Native Collection" from Naneki... Along with the great Polynesian Pub souvenir bamboo mug and The Warehouse Restaurant rum barrel did arrive, not just one, but two Tiki Farm 10th Anniversary Compendia together with an artful companion postcard. Also happily received: a coaster set with caddy, a carved pineapple dish, a pretty shell necklace and way-cool "copyrighted (wtf?)" vintage carved tiki fork/spoon set. Best of all , Naneki topped it off with a thoughtful offer of acquisition assistance which is the epitome of tiki grace. Many, many thanks.

And last but not least, "The Island Brights Collection" from Mrs.TikiPug... Tiki Farm for Frankie's Tiki Room Malekula II and OMC Geisha Mug popped out of a box full of color and cool stuff including a CD, matches, Mai Kai postcard, a swingin' decal, Shag exhibition postcard, Doug Horne postcard, a cute little wooden guitar dish, and tons of cocktail tchotchkes-- love the long pitcher stirrer and the little tiny devil... So bright, so cheerful right down to the Shag notecard. My collection lives in my very colorful home office here in sunny, sunny Miami Beach so your goodies are right at home with me. Ya done good, Ma. Big thanks.

Big thanks to KrisDrama!

I love oriental mugs and while this fog cutter has a few dings it's spectacular!

Love the peanut shot, Trader Vic's 75th button, swizzles I didn't have and the coasters.

Love my swap, thanks Christine!!!!!!!!!

Big thanks to Liz for putting all of this together!

Paul

[ Edited by: blacklagoon 2010-12-02 15:04 ]

I got my box today from Joe Banks.

Awesome! I don't have the mug or either of the Tikyaki DVDs! I'll be able to put these on when I decorate the Xmas tree!

Thank you very much!

I received this sweet package all the way from Berkeley, CA this week! Here's my bad attempt to capture all its glory in one photograph:

There's almost too much stuff to list! Forbidden Island mug; Aloha mug; swizzles/picks from FI, Conga Lounge, and Trader Vics; matches, napkins, stickers, and postcards galore! Once again, I got spoiled. A big mahalo to Minitor for all the goodies!

M

Glad you liked the swag Brandomoai!

Thanks to Unkle John, I got a little vacation in a box yesterday. My pic of the all the swag was totally blurry but highlight included
-Personal postcard from Unkle John's bar good for free drink if I ever make it to Texas :)
-Tiki mug and Tommy Bahama mug which I'm putting into service as my hot chocolate mug for the season...rum optional
-shot glass, tiki picks, umbrellas and drink accompaniments
-Hawaiian travel brochures
-and a personal sized palm tree
-oh and almost forgot the Tiki with a clock in its tummy!
Very fun package

UJ

Hey Woody!

I'm happy to see that your package arrived safe and sound. I'm also happy to hear that you already have plans for the items. The weather is going to get cooler here soon, so I better start thinking of some warm drinks to make for me & the Mrs. I know I keep teasing people with the postcard and not posting my bar, I'm still working on it. But he offer is still good, just give me a holler in advance so I can move some boxes. lol

JB

I got home today and found a box, (that was wrapped well enough to thwart a safecracker), awaiting me at my doorstep.

I am completely overwhelmed! VanTiki...you are too generous! Mucho Mahalos, my friend!

Inside was a beautiful, hand-crafted skull mug by VanTiki...

...but that's not all. Also included inside were a couple of tiki geocache coins and a Martini Bot cocktail pick!

Thank you VanTiki! Really, really nice!

On 2010-12-03 18:22, Joe Banks wrote:
Inside was a beautiful, hand-crafted skull mug by VanTiki...

WOW! My heart skipped just looking at the picture. You must have needed defibrillation!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 209 replies