Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Goin' Primitive Crawl Registration. Best Cocktail, Best Tent/Trailer Decorations. Sign Up Now!

Pages: 1 2 55 replies

**Goin' Primitive ** October 14-16 2011 This is the official Best Decorated, Best Original Cocktail, Tent and Trailer Crawl Registration

**Join in the fun! We're Goin' Primitive, Primitive....

1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be given for the best in all three categories, Best decorated tent, trailer and original cocktail. More winners, more fun! Great prizes including some treats from our sponsors, Appleton Estates, Asombroso Tequila, Primo Beer and some Goin' Primitive swag deluxe and more!

** Guest judge will be everyone's favorite Headhunter about town, the World's Premiere Tiki Artist and Carver ... *"Crazy Al" Evans! * Also judging, Mixologist/Bartender to Tiki's V.I.P.'s, from the Tonga Hut, Kelly "Hiphipahula" Reilly and Dig This, Also judging will be, you guessed it!, from Bartender to Celebrity...Rory... "Wildsville Man" Snyder!

General Information and Rules:

[]Tent and Trailer Crawls will take place on Friday and Saturday evenings from 5:00-7:30 P.M. []1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be given for the best in all three categories. []You must have a Goin' Primitive event wristband to participate. []You must be 21 years of age to participate, either to serve or to drink. You must carry and be able to show a STATE form of I.D. to be served. []To take place on this crawl will be the judging for, The Best Decorated Trailer, Best Decorated Tent and the Best ORIGINAL Cocktail. Please serve your own original recipe, a unique cocktail created by you. Rum to Rye you pick your alcohol base, any type you choose and tell us about your recipe. []There will be Bonus points for decorating your tent/trailer and campsite to the theme of Goin' Primitive but it is NOT required to win. Judges are looking for all types of tents and trailers from tiki to mid-century modern and everything in between. Campers, please keep your decorations within your designated, assigned site only. []You may sign up for both the best decoration contest and the Best Cocktail contest if you like. You do NOT have to enter the decoration contest to enter your cocktail in the crawl. You do NOT have to serve a cocktail to be in the decoration contest. All categories will be judged individually. A list of hosts, crawlers and decoration entries will follow this notice. [] Please PM me on TC to enter any of the contests and I will add you to the list accordingly.

** Important "TIP's" to remember**
Our Host's have laid out a great deal of money and time to entertain you and assure you a fantastic party. Please make sure you leave a nice gratuity before you leave their party. Not sure what to tip? Tip accordingly, what would you have paid for the cocktail in the bar? What would you have tipped your bartender? Please come to a fair medium between these two questions. Please, let's not have a "Toga","Frat" party frame of mind. Please respect your hosts, help keep their costs down by tipping, behave, be respectable on all counts.

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-09-07 11:31 ]

This post for

** CRAWL HOSTS**

Friday*
5:00-5:30- Trailerpark Tiki
5:30-6:00-PiPhiRho
6:00-6:30-Tiki Broker/ Lucky 13
6:30-7:00- Rum Tasting Appleton/Coruba at the Mermaid Lounge

Saturday*
4:00-4:30- Rum Dog
4:30-5:00-Tuna Tiki
4:30-5:00- Ohana
5:00-5:30- Nelson's Tiki Hut
5:30-6:00- Trader Tom
5:30-6:00- Phiphihro
6:00- 6:30- A Tasting with Asombroso Tequila at the Mermaid Lounge

*Crawl Time Change Please Note
This allows you time to enjoy your cocktails and head over to the Free BBQ and Stage for the show Friday and Saturday *

[*]*Subject to change

Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-10-15 14:44 ]

This Post for: [*]Tent or Trailer Decoration Contest

Rum Dog-Tent
Chrystiki-Tent
Tiki Broker/Lucky 13-Trailer
Nelson's Tiki Hut- Trailer
Tikiyaki's Big Bamboo- Van
Tuna Tiki's "Gon Tiki"- Trailer
Jobu & Bobbie- Trailer

Please inform me whether you will be in a Tent or a Trailer site, Thanks.

Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-10-12 13:57 ]

[*]This Post is for FRIDAY CRAWLERS

Rum Dog +1
Krisdrama
Bearded Bastard
Trailerpark Tiki+1
Caltiki- Brent Walker
Rama Lama-Edwin
Nepheria-Julia
Puva von Pele
PiPhiRho +1
Trader Tom +1
Tikiyaki Jim Bacchi
Little Lost Tiki +1
Greg Fournier (The Guru Gallery)
Robyn Fournier (The Guru Gallery)
Tuna Tiki Jeff
Tuna Tiki Patti
heylownine+1
Jobu
Erik Link
DR. Z!
Wildsville
Hiphipahula
Crazy Al

[*]This Post is for SATURDAY CRAWLERS

Rum Dog +1
Krisdrama
Bearded Bastard
Trailerpark Tiki+1
Caltiki Brent walker
Rama Lama-Edwin
Nepheria-Julia
Puva von Pele-Rosann
PiPhiRho +1
Trader Tom +1
Tikiyaki Jim Bacchi
Little Lost Tiki +1
Tuna Tiki Jeff
Tuna Tiki Patti
heylownine+1
Jobu
Eric October
Manuel Nunez
DR. Z!
Wildsville
Hiphipahula
Crazy Al

Host's, here is your headcount as of Wednesday night. I think this is close to where we will end up come the weekend.
Mahalo Everyone! Let the Fun Begin!!

Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-10-12 19:22 ]

RD

Glad to see that there will be a crawl on Saturday. The original posting for Going Primitive only listed a Friday crawl. I know I will also be thirsty on Saturday.

Kelly I sent you a PM to host the Saturday 5PM spot. I am relieved now knowing that I do not have to worry about traffic getting there on Friday early enough.

"Sperm of Kong" is now officially entered.

RD

Guest judge will be everyone's favorite Headhunter about town, the World's Premiere Tiki Artist and Carver ... "Crazy Al" Evans! Also judging, Mixologist/Bartender to Tiki's V.I.P.'s, from the Tonga Hut, Kelly "Hiphipahula" Reilly and Dig This, Also judging will be, you guessed it!, from Bartender to Celebrity...Rory... "Wildsville Man" Snyder!

I nominate Jeff Big Tiki Dude as an honary judge. I realize he is stuck at the DJ booth and misses the crawls. We need to make sure these crawl concoctions reach the creator of the "Dirty Sanchez". Besides the thought of my drink has already made him vomit a little in his mouth.

"Sperm of Kong" The 9th Wonder of the World.

I think less of myself as a judge and more of a man who wants to drink your booze. Be ready to put your best cocktail forward and win the big prize.
Because of this being a first time and smaller show It gives people who have been sitting on the fence about having a party a chance to do it in a more controlled environment.

Now let's booze up,Dig?

W

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2011-09-10 17:33 ]

Less than a month to go! Get signed up! Fun & Rum for everyone! Let's see how creative you can be. Prizes galore!

Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-09-19 11:59 ]

Don't walk run..... :roll: get signed up today

Kelly,
TikiBroker/Lucky13 would like to host at there trailer. It sounds like they have a great drink and they are setting up a cool way of getting the drink to you too. If you seen the 6 foot tiki that poured rum out of its nose at tiki oasis,you know they take it seriosly.

Please put them in a Friday times lot please.

On 2011-09-23 20:47, Wildsville man wrote:
Kelly,
TikiBroker/Lucky13 would like to host at there trailer. It sounds like they have a great drink and they are setting up a cool way of getting the drink to you too. If you seen the 6 foot tiki that poured rum out of its nose at tiki oasis,you know they take it seriosly.

Please put them in a Friday times lot please.

Welcome aboard Tiki Broker/ lucky 13! I didn't get to check out in person that crazy cocktail pourin' Tiki at Oasis ( I was working) so here is your chance everyone to check it out. Aloha Baby!

Add me and Big Bamboo to the crawl list....wait...no trophy for best Tiki Wagon ?

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2011-09-25 11:36 ]

Awesome! I should just be waking up from my second nap by the lake to crawl!

RD

“Sperm of Kong” has been officially prohibited in the Orient.

Last weekend I ordered on-line some personalized shot glasses with “Sperm of Kong” to be put on them from Oriental Trading Company. They left a message on my answering machine (which my daughter failed to mention) stating that there was a problem with my order. By the time I found out about this message 4 days later they had already shipped out the shot glasses without any personalization. When I called them back they stated that my personalization violated their profanity rules. I stated that while my order may be in poor taste that there was no profanity in the wording. I was able to provide them with some better examples of profanity during our conversation.

While “Sperm of Kong” has been banned in the Orient, rest assured that it will thrive and be in it’s natural element at “Goin’ Primitive.”

RD

Kong is Kid Friendly.

“Milk of Kong” A kinder, gentler, viginized version of “Sperm of Kong” will be made available to under-age crawlers and for those who do not want to suffer the wrath of Kong. Besides I have to do something with the “Milk of Kong” shot glasses that the Oriental Trading Co. agreed would not violate their profanity standards.

Its gonna be a trailerpark throwdown in Newberry Springs. It could be a lot of drinking going on but I've been training hard and plan on being ready to crawl (and host). If fact, Ima host and crawl at the same time! bwahahahhah

J

Yeah I hope you've been training.

In April you were passed out on the lawn and missed the main performance by Tikiyaki O. Show a little Tiki backbone this time Wade !! Ha Ha. :D

Sorry I won't be around. :(

On 2011-09-26 16:23, JOHN-O wrote:
Yeah I hope you've been training.

In April you were passed out on the lawn and missed the main performance by Tikiyaki O. Show a little Tiki backbone this time Wade !! Ha Ha. :D

Sorry I won't be around. :(

We will miss you John!

double post sorry

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2011-09-27 01:09 ]

Shhhhh John. I'm taking my vitamins and training for this. I will be in top shape.

** There is still room for a few more Hosts and there are a couple pending so please, sign up to Host as soon as possible we are getting closer to party time!:)** PM me to sign up or for any questions or concerns you might have. Mahalo good friends!

RD

On 2011-09-28 14:33, Hiphipahula wrote:
** There is still room for a few more Hosts and there are a couple pending so please, sign up to Host as soon as possible we are getting closer to party time!:)** PM me to sign up or for any questions or concerns you might have. Mahalo good friends!

Hopefully the open spots will fill up soon. If not, I imagine Kong will go through the supply of Primo Beer in a matter of hours.

On 2011-10-02 15:18, Rum Dog wrote:
I imagine Kong will go through the supply of Primo Beer in a matter of hours.

Q: Just exactly how much beer can one 150 ton gorilla drink?

A: As much as he wants.

Bear

Our crawl list is growing, the count down is on! We are still on the look out for a couple more Hosts as well as the decoration contest entries so please PM me ASAP to add you now. This will make it easier all around come the event. Thanks everyone :) let the good times roll!

Get me on that list. Even though I am Judging I know I will be booz'in it Primitive style

Got Ape?

Count us in for the trailer contest!!!

Reminder we have a couple time slots left for Hosting let me know ASAP if you would like to sign up to be a host, crawl or get into the decorating fun, we are down to the final stretch and we would dig having you be a part of all the action! :)

RD

Tent & Trailer Crawl: Saturday at 4PM

Keep a eye out Hosts for time changes on page 1 we most likely will move the last couple time slots UP to allow you to get to the FREE BBQ and show on both Friday and Saturday evenings. This will not effect the start time of the crawl just the finishing times. Any questions pm me :)

RD

Rory has offered up one of the coveted leopard spot mugs to the winner of the crawl if the final spots can be filled. Sign up with Hiphipahula, make some drinks, and try to win one of these great creations.

On 2011-10-11 20:39, Rum Dog wrote:
Rory,

How about offering one of those bad boys up for the winner of the crawl if the final spots can be filled by Hiphiphulas deadline of 3PM tomorrow. This might motivate those who are on the fence about hosting to get involved.

Done!!!!!!

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

Ohooooo yeah! ....

If your going to host now is the time I will close the time slots at 3:00 pm and map out our route :)
Time To party!!!!

On 2011-09-07 03:18, Hiphipahula wrote:

This post for

** CRAWL HOSTS**

Friday*
5:00-5:30- Trailerpark Tiki
5:30-6:00-PiPhiRho
6:00-6:30-Tiki Broker/ Lucky 13
6:30-7:00- Rum Tasting Appleton/Coruba at the Mermaid Lounge

Saturday*
4:00-4:30- Rum Dog
4:30-5:00-Tuna Tiki
5:00-5:30- Nelson's Tiki Hut
5:30-6:00- Trader Tom
6:00-6:30- A Tasting with Asombroso Tequila at the Mermaid Lounge

*Crawl Time Change Please Note
This allows you time to enjoy your cocktails and head over to the Free BBQ and Stage for the show Friday and Saturday *

[*]*Subject to change

Tonga Hut Since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2011-10-13 09:11 ]

On 2011-09-07 04:11, Hiphipahula wrote:

[*]This Post is for FRIDAY CRAWLERS

Rum Dog +1
Krisdrama
Bearded Bastard
Trailerpark Tiki+1
Caltiki- Brent Walker
Rama Lama-Edwin
Nepheria-Julia
Puva von Pele
PiPhiRho +1
Trader Tom +1
Tikiyaki Jim Bacchi
Little Lost Tiki +1
Tuna Tiki Jeff
Tuna Tiki Patti
heylownine+1
Jobu
Erik Link
DR. Z!
Wildsville
Hiphipahula
Crazy Al

[*]This Post is for SATURDAY CRAWLERS

Rum Dog +1
Krisdrama
Bearded Bastard
Trailerpark Tiki+1
Caltiki Brent walker
Rama Lama-Edwin
Nepheria-Julia
Puva von Pele-Rosann
PiPhiRho +1
Trader Tom +1
Tikiyaki Jim Bacchi
Little Lost Tiki +1
Tuna Tiki Jeff
Tuna Tiki Patti
heylownine+1
Jobu
Eric October
Manuel Nunez
DR. Z!
Wildsville
Hiphipahula
Crazy Al

Host's, here is your headcount as of Wednesday night. I think this is close to where we will end up come the weekend.
Mahalo Everyone! Let the Fun Begin!!

Woohooooo! Lets party. Who's ready to Occupy Newberry Springs?

soooooooooooooo flabbergasted!

That would make a great shirt.....i would buy that all day long

RD

You read about it, you heard about it, but never in your wildest dreams did you believe it to be true. But there it will be in two days staring at you square in the eye. The most vile, primitive, and primal concoction that mankind has ever witnessed. Yes, “Sperm of Kong” is about to be unleashed.

The viscosity is thicker than and flows slower than Heinze 57. Once in your mouth its texture is unlike anything you have experienced. The stench alone will hit you like a Mack truck. You will have to resist every gag reflex that your body is sending.

The age old question will be answered: Do you spit or swallow?

Kong has been captured and his Sperm is being extracted.

RD

"Sperm of Kong" only available at Skull Island.

4 PM Saturday @ Tent campsite #1

Proud sponsors of "Sperm of Kong"

Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm not drinking this weekend.

Jeff(btd)

Hey wait, dont forget this hula girl!... Judy Luck + Jessica Guisti!

P

If anybody knows how to contact Kelly out at Mojave Oasis, let her know that there is a good chance that I will not make the 5:30 drink crawl slot she assigned me.

J

I just spoke with her. Message conveyed.

Thank You to all who participated in the Tent and Trailer Crawl and Decoration Contests! Here are our WINNERS!

For Best Cocktail:
1st Place- PiPhiRho "Cannibal"
2nd Place- Trader Tom "Spicy Simian"
3rd Place- Rum Dog ""Sperm of Kong"
Honorable mention and appreciation to Trailerpark Tiki "Trailpark Martini"

For Best Tent Decoration:
1st Place- Rum Dog
2nd Place Christiki

For Best Trailer Decoration:
TIE For 1st!
Nelson's Tiki Hut- "Mid Century Modern"
Tuna Tiki's - "Gon Tiki"
2nd Place- Jobu & Bobbie's "Witch Doctor"

RD

Go to page 4 to see photos of Kong & Skull Island at Goin Primitive

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2011-10-23 21:22 ]

RD

On 2011-10-13 10:41, Rum Dog wrote:
You read about it, you heard about it, but never in your wildest dreams did you believe it to be true. But there it will be in two days staring at you square in the eye. The most vile, primitive, and primal concoction that mankind has ever witnessed. Yes, “Sperm of Kong” is about to be unleashed.

The viscosity is thicker than and flows slower than Heinze 57. Once in your mouth its texture is unlike anything you have experienced. The stench alone will hit you like a Mack truck. You will have to resist every gag reflex that your body is sending.

The age old question will be answered: Do you spit or swallow?

The question has been answered. Everyone swallowed. In fact, many crawlers were like baby birds in a nest chirping for more. The crawlers could not have enough "Sperm of Kong".

The turnout for sperm was much larger than anticipated.

Ole' Rum Dog had trouble keeping up with demand.

The simian servers kept quickly coming back with empty serving trays.

The crowd kept getting bigger and bigger as word got out that the infamous Sperm of Kong was available.

Hurry up and get that sperm out. The natives are getting restless.

Fortunately the bouncer kept everyone in line.

Crazy Al was brave enough to be the first try the dreaded shot of pure Kong Sperm.

"Sperm of Kong" available only at Goin' Primitive.

Amy, Thanks for the prizes. The Munktiki coconut bowl is perfect for serving up "Sperm of Kong".

RD

The award winning Skull Island: Home of King Kong

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2011-10-22 09:38 ]

RD

[ Edited by: Rum Dog 2011-10-22 09:40 ]

Pages: 1 2 55 replies