Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

2012 Sacramento Capital Tiki Living Space Tour (Oct 12,13,14) PICTURES start pg6

Pages: 1 2 3 102 replies

Were only about a month away form the Sacramento Home Space Crawl. Sign up now and let Wendy know if you want a mug, she is busy at the kiln!!!

R

Jenny & I will be attending Fri, Sat & Sun

C

I'm in for the crawl, hosting at the foot of the might Mt. Ubangee and I'm in for a mug as well Wendy.

oooppss... already replied early on...

must be the rum I'm having while fine tuning the fires deep within Mt. Ubangee...

consider this a little bump.

[ Edited by: Choptop 2012-09-04 20:56 ]

[ Edited by: Choptop 2012-09-04 20:56 ]

Q
Q-tiki posted on Wed, Sep 5, 2012 9:03 AM

I am hoping to make the list for out of town mugs! PM sent!

Mahalo

David

I had to change the venue at my place for Saturday night....

Be prepared to experience a...TRIBUTE TO FRANK SINATRA!!! Enjoy the sounds of Ole' Blue Eyes while sipping on my own concoction THE BLUE NOTE COCKTAIL.

Hi Vamp. Very cool.

Tomorrow will be the last day I pour mugs. I need to start the glazing process and the hand painting.

Please sign up even if you are only thinking about it. No obligation I just don't want to run out. If I find I haven't done enough I'l start up again after I have some completed.

Cheers, Wendy

The last two mugs have been poured and are drying. As soon as the last batch is fired I'll begin to glaze.

This crawl is going to be such fun. Thank you Marlene/VampiressRN.

Cheers, Wendy

All my bisque fired ware waiting for glaze.

The last load of mugs come out of the bisque fire tomorrow. Today I go to Alpha to pick up the Caribbean Blue glaze. Soon we'll be off and running with this project. The days are short and the work steps are long. Wish me luck.

VampiressRN this crawl is going to be the bomb thanks to you, Wendy and Dan

Thought of you (Wendy & Dan) tonight as Huell Howser (California Gold TV Show), just did a tour of the Lincoln (where I live) Gladding McBean Ceramics Company. That place is amazing. Have you guys been there? If not, we need to do a tour, even my Mom was blown away.

HEY EVERYONE...plan on joining our 3 day tour...we have got great surprises for you, a wonderful market place at Matt's and the fabulous Wendy/Dan crawl mug.

How's all of my Sac Ohana?

Wendy I sure hope I'm not too late to get a mug and a spot on the crawl. I just saw a FB post and joined the Sac Ohana group. That's how I found this thread.

I'll be looking for a place to crash too. If anyone knows of a bed or box I can sleep in I'd be very grateful. (That is assuming it's not closed yet. I'll read it tomorrow.)

Eric From Napa aka
Savage Tiki

Hey Eric...hope you can join us. My Mom moved in with me and figure Sandy will stay in the bungalow and I have some things under construction so don't think I have any room in the inn. Bring a friend or give a shout out here to see if someone can split a hotel room with ya.

This weekend we are trying to glaze all of the Sacramento Crawl mugs. This is the first time I've had them all together in one place. First we glazed the insides and turned them over to drain.

Then I painted the bottom 3 times in the center and once around the edge.

I want a scattering of spots on the outside of the mug so I painted a light coat of the spotted glaze on the outside, the inside will have major spotting.

Close up.

Next up will be spray painting outside.

Our house has been taken over by tikis! Oh wait that's nothing new.

Cheers, Wendy

Wow...what a fabulous production line you've got going. We all appreciate your dedication and love your awesome pictures.

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

Edited for spelling...hmmmm...maybe I need to preview my useless posts before I hit the submit button!!!

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2012-09-18 22:36 ]

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=last&1961

I just read that you shouldn't put the same photos in different places on TC. Please use the link to see the Progress on the Crawl Mugs.

One step at a time. Fingers Crossed and my eyes too. Hugs, Wendy

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=last&1974

Hello Ohana

The mugs are out of the kiln. Next up I'll be painting on the detail. Only weeks away.

There are still mugs for sale, I've made 40. The price is $70 each. If you order but do not attend the crawl there will be postage added to that price. PM me with orders and I'll add you to the list.

For more details check out the thread above. Cheers, Wendy

Aloha Sac Ohana, I'm in for Friday but only the first three stops unfortunately since I have another commitment later that day.

Looking forward to it and I will try to dig up a few pieces of Stockton Islander bamboo to give away.

On 2012-09-19 20:21, abstractiki wrote:

Looking forward to it and I will try to dig up a few pieces of Stockton Islander bamboo to give away.

Abtractiki, you the man!

DC

Haven't seen ya in forever Abstract...woo hoo...looking forward to it.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=1980&1983

Update on the crawl mug. Only one was spelled Sacramemto in case you noticed! Wendy

PS it will be great to see you again Abstract Tiki we love our Islander Bamboo, its in the Buzzy Bedroom

Of all the mugs fired I only had two that need a bit more glaze on the rim. Last night I started hand painting the raised parts. I'll have photos tomorrow on my other crafts thread. 3 weeks and lots of mugs to paint and bake! Cheers, Wendy

Simply amazing...we are so blessed to have you provide us with your gorgeous art W&D.

Thank you so much Marlene, we are very lucky to have you! Joanne just confirmed that she will fly in from Pasadena to attend all the days of the crawl. She's staying in the Buzzy Bedroom. Cheers, Wendy

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=2010

Please check out the final version of the Crawl mug. It took 1 hour to paint this first one. I know I'll get better as I progress. I may even tweak the colors a bit. What do you think? Is it still vintage in appearance?

2.5 weeks and so many to paint and bake!!! Wendy

I almost forgot Dan's latest pinup photo. He's sanding the bottoms!

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2012-09-26 07:46 ]

Wendy....the mug looks awesome and I love the color. Carry on W&D...you have us entranced!!!!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=2010

Check out the comments so far on my other crafts thread. I'm agreeing with them. Vamp you are the only positive comment, thank you. I'm working/painting up some ideas right now and I'll post them later.

Cheers, Wendy

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=last&2021

Photos are up. Please put all comments on the page with the photos. Thank you, Wendy

Hi Sac Ohana and friends. The voting has ended and plain has won. Therefore the price of the mug is $60 at the event, $60 plus shipping after the event. We plan to be at the Don the Beachcomber's sale in Huntington Beach on December 2nd. If I have any left I will bring them. Cheers, Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2012-09-29 15:23 ]

Thank you for letting us vote W&D...I am glad plain won as the glaze color is fabulous and is really all that is needed to enhance the great sculpting.

A big warm welcome to Shane who will be joining as a host on Sunday morning.

Watch for our Sac Crawl Banner on TC...comming soon to a PC near you!!!

I've posted an update on the crawl mug.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=2070&2074

Thank you always Marlene. 12 days to go and we are so ready to party!

The 30 numbered crawl mugs are $60 each. Those with an imperfection(12) are $50 each. I'll have both at the crawl.

See you all soon, Wendy (with Dan)

We now have a banner running on TC...how fun is that!!! Gonna leave it up for a week.

ATTENTION CRAWLERS
Please pm me if you need a particular address where you will start your crawl. This information will not be posted, but will be available via flyers at each of the stops.

Wow that's some fancy boarder. Thank you Marlene and Nelson. Wendy

Vamp,
If you are keeping a head count, Tikitastic, Aqua Safarinaut, and AS' GF are planning on attending as well.
BTH

Just now getting around to cleaning my shack...don't look for cobwebs...LOL

One week away. :music: Do Be Do Be Do :music:

Counting the hours now until the fun begins. Thank you VampiressRN/Marlene.
Cheers for your hard work from Dan and Wendy

Boxed and ready to go to each location for the three days. $60 each a run of 30.

I have 12 that are imperfect. $50 each. 11 have a small glaze defect shown on the left and one has a funky palm frond shown on the right.

See ya soon, Wendy and Dan

Aloha all Sacramento Ohana's. I've been observing the growth of the NorCal TIKI subculture and love the fact that there is a group in my area.
I would love to meet up with y'all this Saturday ( sadly, the only day that fits my calendar). Marlene is sending me venue info.
I'm reworking and updating my patio tiki-bar, and would like ideas to adapt. Also interested in trading mugs from my 3 year (and growing) collection.
Hope to see you soon!
Rob Wagner

Look forward to meeting all the new folks that are joining our Sac Ohana group and everyone coming to our part of the world to crawl.

If you want to make part of the events or all, please pm me your email and I will send you the addresses.

I'm bringing some free bamboo and other kinds of tiki treasure gifts for the TC'ers tomorrow. See ya at Jungle Traders place and beyond!

Aloha!

Sadly I am not going to make Friday...I took it off to crawl but have issues going on at home. I look forward to seeing folks Saturday night at my stop and plan on crawling Sunday. I sent everyone the crawl directions via email. I have the hard copies of the crawl map/addresses so wonder if I can get them to someone early tomorrow morning before you head down to Turlock. Please PM me here or on Facebook.

We are going to miss miss miss you Marlene. I bet you are just getting your place extra special for our visit there tomorrow. We can't wait to see you and your mom. So many hugs for all your hard work. Love you, Wendy and Dan

Woohoo & Aloha to Our Sacramento Ohana - We hope you all have a Tiki-rrific Weekend. Wish we could be there. Have fun and post lots of pics. Aloha - WoohooWahine & Soccertiki

How much fun to have everyone over this afternoon! Thanks to Abstractiki for the awesome piece of Stockton Islander bamboo history and the cool bamboo pendant, much mahalo! And thank you to Brenda for the Hawaiian "message center", love it! And many thanks to the gracious guests who visited the Tahitian Chief lounge and sampled the Cannibal's Kiss cocktail, I'll enjoy the leftovers!

Love ya all!

GREGORY AND GALE

Hope nobody minds...I am posting a few pictures from Facebook from today's adventure. Thanks to all our wonderful hosts (Vic & Cheryl, Minnies, Greg & Gail, Darilyn & Monty, Alan & Melissa). Kudos to Duane & Diana for setting up the service for Minnies.

FRIDAY

Vic's

Minnie's

Greg & Gail's

Darilyn & Monty (co-host)

Diana & Duane

Alan & Melissa's

SATURDAY

Brad & Melanie's

Matt's Marketplace

Marlene's

SUNDAY

Shane's

Lauren's

Brenda & Scott's

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2012-10-14 19:46 ]

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=2130

Thank you VampiressRN/Marlene for one terrific crawl day with 2 more to come. You've done an over the top good job.

I wore down as the day progressed so I was so happy to see the photos of Greg and Daryilyn here. I'm going link them to my thread now. Cheers, Wendy

Thanks to everyone that came to my stop on the crawl. Had a wonderful time and got to meet new people. I appreciate you all driving as far as you did to my leg of the crawl. Thank you for the delightful hostess gifts.

http://www.gigmasters.com/
Gig Masters is how I found the band. They offer all kinds of entertainment for events.

Shout out to Nelson's daughter for making the fabulous chocolate Moai.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=2130

I've posted photos from Day two on my other crafts thread. Re-live the second terrific day.

Marlene you are the bomb!!! Wendy

Does anyone have pictures from Swanberg's?

Vamp/Marlene this has been the best crawl ever. Thank you for all the work. Today I forgot my digital camera. I got an old disposable from my car and took photos. Now I'll have to get them developed.

I hope lots of others will post their photos.

You did a perfect organization for this trip. Many hugs girlfriend, Wendy

Thanks for the props. I am so sorry I didn't get to crawl with everyone, but glad we had a good turn-out and met new Tiki friends.

My many thanks to all the wonderful hosts. I already have folks asking if they can host for next year because they had so much fun with our group. If anyone is interested in hosting next year, send me a PM or email.

Kudos too for all the great crawlers, the hostess gifts, and the transportation of various cargoes. All very much appreciated.

Tip of the fez to Wendy & Dan for a beautiful Tiki Crawl Mug...always a cherished treasure.

Looking forward to 2013.

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2013-03-31 18:05 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 102 replies