Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Home Depot now has Tikis from Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 213 replies

That's a lot of flower coming out of a little pot.
You should be proud.
Nice.

Any word on if these are coming back and more importantly....shipping East of the Mississippi???

On 2016-04-15 09:22, LoungeShark wrote:
Any word on if these are coming back and more importantly....shipping East of the Mississippi???

He said on facebook a few days ago that they weren't using his stuff this year.
Buzzy Out!

^^^^^ Bummer

:(

Well, Son of a Beachcomber!!! (that works on TC, right?)

Danny will need to carve some new tikis, make molds, cast and then ship them out to us.

Aww man, double bummer. I wonder why? They sold so well last year. I think their whole stock by me sold in a week.

8T

They didn't sell too well here in Missouri. Because they never sent any here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions on what to do with the small planters once the plants have died? I suppose replanting something on the top (head) is doable, but what about the little planter hole down by the feet? It's not really big enough to put soil in. Maybe hot glue a fake plant there?

bLowes has a Dead Plant return policy. You might want to check Home Despot and see if they have one too. Free plants for life!

Plant another succulent in the top and water every couple weeks in the sun. I would put a candle or something in the bottom when you are entertaining friends. The bottom is not really meant for a plant so a fake one would do well.

T

I bought one of these Tiki's last year and didn't know it was Tiki Diablo. Glad I joined the Tiki Central formum! All I need to know is here! :)

Here is a pick of my Tiki along side of Tiki bar.

[ Edited by: Tim_Tiki 2016-05-05 10:08 ]

That's not a tiki Diablo tiki.

T

Replica of course from the HD. I though the rollout was all Danny Gallardo last year. Or, are you referring to the Blond Tiki? :)

[ Edited by: Tim_Tiki 2016-05-05 12:49 ]

EJ

The only tikis in the photo that are Tiki Diablo tikis are the ones on the far left. Go back through this thread and you will find the items that Danny designed.

Edit: There is one other in the photo that is behind the ones on the far left that you can just see the top of that is a Tiki Diablo tiki.

[ Edited by: El Jefe 2016-05-05 13:21 ]

H

These are the ones:

On 2015-07-06 09:06, happy buddha wrote:

T

Damn! I thought I accidentally picked up something cool. I guess I now have some searching to do because I got to have one. Thanks for the tip.

Went and talked to my local Homely and Desperate today. One person told me that they are definitely getting ”Something tiki" in later in the summer. Another gal told me though that the specific store I was in wouldn't carry them at all because they get broken "A lot and really easily."

T

When I was at the Oakland CA Home Depot last year they had a lot of Tiki stuff left after the promotion started. Didn't realize till now that only the stuff in the ad pic was Diablo's.

I'm really sorry too to read at the end of this thread that Tiki Diablo wouldn't be returning to Home Depot this year. Unfortunately didn't see this thread last year; and funny that when looking at my photos on my phone just now from back then, discovered several I had taken of the generic tikis at Home Depot on 5/17. So close! Didn't however see any of the Tiki Diablo ones, not even the planters at this location. Didn't buy any of them last year either. Just wasn't impressed with what I did see. Maybe TD had either sold out or hadn't made it to the floor yet. Not a regular at HD so probably the only time in there that month. Kicking myself that I hadn't seen this thread because we were in the market for one or two large ones for our landscaping and otherwise would have driven searching them out like others did in the SF Bay area. Very nice detail on them. It was great to see all the photos of them, so much better than the ad.

BK

Not sure if there is still interest, but check your local HD. The large Tiki Diablos are half off, so 50 bucks. The HD on Folsom in Sacramento still had two left.

On 2016-08-16 21:05, Brian K wrote:
Not sure if there is still interest, but check your local HD. The large Tiki Diablos are half off, so 50 bucks. The HD on Folsom in Sacramento still had two left.

Interesting... I will have to check around here. Never hurts to have a few extra around the old homestead.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 213 replies