Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Home Depot now has Tikis from Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 213 replies

RD

Mine did not come with any plants which is fine since I have trouble keeping plants alive anyway. Here is a picture with the plastic succulents I picked up at the 99 cent store next to the Home Depot. I used some Shoe-goo I had to attach them on the bottom. On the top I was able to reuse the styrofoam that came with the plastic plant.

This afternoon the Whittier, Calif. H D had six Big Daddies and five Marq’s. Musta restocked cuz that’s more then they had displayed a couple of days ago. Alas, No Maoris though.
Cheers

K
Kedex posted on Tue, Jul 21, 2015 5:00 AM

It's killing me that I haven't been able to find the planters around here. Would anyone be willing to pick up a couple and ship them to me? I could make it worth your while.

T

"I am curious though...for those that have the collection in their stores about the bar stools in this photo
How's the quality? Are they fake or real bamboo? I could definitely use a few stools around my bar."

Ok for looks.
But no good for fat tiki peeps.
Would hate to see one of those cute kiddies that someone brings to your next
party go crashing to the ground after plopping their sticky little fingers down on one of those stools.
Just sayn.

On 2015-07-20 22:37, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
This afternoon the Whittier, Calif. H D had six Big Daddies and five Marq’s. Musta restocked cuz that’s more then they had displayed a couple of days ago. Alas, No Maoris though.
Cheers

I wouldn't feel right buying tiki stuff at the Home Depot that is literally down the street from OCEANIC ARTS! ;P

T

Today at the Santa Maria Home Depot we spotted this cool illustration hanging above the Tiki Diablo/Daniel Gallardo tiki display. The bottom tiki image I'm guessing is Daniel Gallardo? Haven't seen this at any other Home Depot.

On 2015-07-18 05:46, tedtiki wrote:
And... there starting to pop up on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIKI-DIABLO-MAORI-TOTEM-CAST-CARVING-SUCCULENT-PLANTER-HOME-DEPOT-LE-/291517002427?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

$75.00???? That didn't take very long did it.

On 2015-07-21 20:02, TikiModa wrote:
Today at the Santa Maria Home Depot we spotted this cool illustration hanging above the Tiki Diablo/Daniel Gallardo tiki display. The bottom tiki image I'm guessing is Daniel Gallardo? Haven't seen this at any other Home Depot.

None of those are he, since Danny smiles most of the time.

picked up 2 of these today from the HD in McAllen.

Not Tiki Diablo. I wouldn't even consider those things tiki. Just a horrible face with daisies on top.

Today the La Mirada HD had another batch (6) of Marq’s. Haven’t been by the Whittier store for a couple of days.A friend told me he did not see anything but planters there today. I’ll check em out soon.
Cheers

I talked with Tiki Diablo at he ITMP yesterday, and he told me there won't be any more Maoris. The finished product changed too much from his sculpt, and he nixed production of more. It's good that he had that power; I can't imagine if they had just disregarded his wishes. So, these truly are collectible. They are just going to make up the difference in quantity with the other sculpts.

I was at HD in Livermore, CA this morning and they had an assortment of the planter Tiki Diablo statues back in stock. No large ones or bars.
It was probably twice as many as they had on the display on day one of the "Hawaiian Days" event.

Posting in case people are keeping track of these things.

Aloha

There's a Maori in Corvallis, OR. I'd call first and be patient. The Home Depot employees just had this promotion dumped on them and they don't know much about it. I'd also call a few other locations in Salem and outskirts of PDX. They got second shipments with Maoris.

In the PDX metro area, HD is discounting the Tiki Diablo planters (a.k.a. future lamps) 50%. Makes up a bit for the KU tiki I never found.

I Grabbed the Northwest Tiki statue at my Grants Pass store but they sold out of everything of his in the two area stores (Grants Pass and Phoenix OR) I suspect people came up from California or down from Portland after they sold out down/up there. I have the SKU's of a few of them if anyone needs them.

The 4ft Diablo tikis are on sale for $65 at select locations. Scoop em up!

Yes, 25% off all "tiki" stuff at Home Depot right now.

Just stopped by the Harbor Costa Mesa store again
all out of Danny's stuff except for the Tiki Bar which is marked down to $149.00
some of the regular HD Tikis all marked down.

H
harro posted on Fri, Jul 31, 2015 8:05 PM

I'm going to be in the Anaheim area one week from today for a couple of days... is there any hope of finding some planters still left at a Home Depot? Would anyone be able to pick up some for me and be well rewarded?

It looks like they are sold out of Planters & Tiki Diablo Tikis in all SoCal stores now
just the Tiki Bars are left.

I saw one planter left in San Diego (Point Loma) today. There might still be some out there if you are willing to do the searching.

This evening the La Mirada HD still had 3 Marquesan Tikis (not discounted) and 3 planters left (10 bucks off) All their other “Tiki” stuff had various discounts. When I left the store they were down to 1 marq planter , 3 large tikis and all that psuedo tiki stuff with the various discounts.
Cheers
Edit adds: The one Tiki Bar left was marked down to $129. THe sign claimed that the original price was $399

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2015-08-02 23:45 ]

K
Kedex posted on Mon, Aug 3, 2015 9:22 AM

The Covington, LA store finally got the planters, but that's all they have. Nothing else is left, and nothing is on sale, either.

Mission Gorge Home Depot in SD has the Big Daddy's and the Marq no discount. They have all 3 planters marked down to $22.99.

EDIT: They had the bar marked down to $119.99.

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2015-08-05 18:06 ]

T

For any North Bay Area folks in CA, the Rohnert Park Home Depot had the full line in their garden dept. Lots of stock available. I saw at least 4 boxes containing the bar (still listed as $199). I'd imagine the one in San Rafael would have these as well, but I haven't been. I get the feeling these will start being marked down as the summer winds down. In fact, the bar was set up in their outside "up to %70 off" area so it may be worth asking if there is an additional discount. Good luck!

H D Whittier had 3 Marqs and 2 planters this morning. All 25% off.
Cheers

T
TL4 posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2015 6:03 PM

Anyone seen the Bear Totem in California central valley?

The HD store on Warner Ave. in Huntington Beach had quite a bit of everything last night, except planters. There were four bars and almost everything was marked down.

We'd pay full price east of Nevada. I'm just saying . .

I was at the West Seattle Home Depot last weekend and everything was %50 off, I stocked up as almost everything was still available. I also went to the Renton/Kent store and everything %50 off and good availability. Guess WA doesn't have enough tiki freaks...

T

This morning visited the El Cerrito HD and they just about the whole line with a discount on everything. Settled for two small 12" ones. For all you that wanted to have the big ones shipped far away, forget it. The HEAVY weight of these vs. shipping $$$.

K
Kedex posted on Tue, Aug 11, 2015 6:50 AM

The Covington, LA store has the bar now priced at $149.99, no discount on anything else though.

I have looked into shipping on the tikis; it's about $50 a piece. If you can find them for half off, you're basically paying regular price. Most of the Home Depots will ship.

The main problem I see is that they won't provide any extra packaging. With the material those things are made of, and being hollow, it would be a crap shoot to get one of those across country in one piece. If anyone gives it a shot, let us know

FM

I was in the City of Industry HD last night and picked up two planters. About five left and three large Marq Tikis also. On Gale Ave.

A

if you guys still have your home depot recipe and your local store has lowered the price on the item, they will refund you the difference. not all home depots have the sale prices so YMMV. I got a partial refund on the small hula girl and a few other items i bought

Hi everyone!

It's been so hard to track down anything here in the San Fernando Valley as it seems Customer Service is insisting if its not online its no longer available. However I have found that none of the Tiki Diablo items were showing on their website. Has anyone else had this happen? Also when I provide the Item# depending on who I get they say they cannot locate. It's only when I physically go to the store myself I can find.

An update in my area as of 2 days ago the items were showing 50% off as well and there were several small tiki planters (black and brown only) at the San Fernando store. Also I was able to find out that there is one smaller of the two large totems at the Woodland Hills store.

I was trying to help out someone who reached out to me and he is looking for the large 4' totem as he lives in Australia. Just in case you see one and I believe he posted pics somewhere on this thread.

Leslie

H

Retrotravelgirl, check your PMs.

HT

Shit. We'll be in SF tomorrow, LA on Monday. Does anyone know where there are any left? I've tried calling all over to no avail. They act like they have no clue what I'm talking about.

A

On 2015-08-26 18:35, Hale Tiki wrote:
Shit. We'll be in SF tomorrow, LA on Monday. Does anyone know where there are any left? I've tried calling all over to no avail. They act like they have no clue what I'm talking about.

since they've had these on sale for a while now, theres a decent chance they've cleared most of the inventory out. i use to work at home depot ages ago and the people who answer the phone often really dont know what you're talking about. they go into their booth and just sit there all day. they probably never saw the temporary display. your best bet is to call and ask to speak to someone in inside garden. if they have anything left, they're the ones you wanna talk to. good luck!

Thank you all for the support this year! Truly grateful !

It was a fun ride, Danny. Any word on future similar releases? You've worked with Home Depot, how about figuring out a way to do it again at Lowe's stores?

J

Maybe East of the Mississippi next time?

T

I see the bar is now available to order online:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-Bamboo-Tiki-Bar-t109/206105897

Redding had nothing really, the regular small tikis, a couple of the oars and a pile of the bar surf board signs. Was told they didn't g anything eles. Last year it showed up in December.

bump

I bought this bar for my Bedroom. It came on a pallet and was fully assembled. Home Depot (Online) also had plenty of Tiki's, masks etc. and Shipping was free (Except the bar) As of today there is still plenty to order if you want. :)

VERY happy with my purchase.

Danny's bar is great for sure, but those tikis on the Home Depot site are not tiki Diablos. Not sure if I'd even call them tiki, but mass-produced Asian knock-offs. Hopefully there will be some more Tiki Diablo tikis next year with better distribution for us out east.

H

I was only able to buy the three smaller planters from Home Depot last summer. Here is a picture of one with the existing plant in it. Love the flowers blooming in the winter months here in socal.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 213 replies