Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Flounder Paintings (• •NEW 11/30/04 Pg.14 • • )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 193 replies

On 2004-06-08 16:50, Doctor Z wrote:
Flounder - your stuff is so good it's ridiculous! Every time you post something new, I can't believe my eyes - simply amazing!

I MUST get some of your stuff - you will be selling at Hukilau, yes?

I'll be there Mr.Z. Not sure what or how much stuff I will have though. I have been selling everything I paint. What I'm thinking of doing is painting the whole month before Hukilau just for Hukilau.

Thanks for all the compliments and from such talented peeps as Kooche and Benzart.

SallyandJay you mug painting will be on the way soon. Thanks

Peace out

That really is beautiful work!

http://www.samgambino.com

R

Yes, definitely excellent work.
I recall when you first started posting here last year.
You've most certainly are a gifted one, Flounder!

On 2004-06-10 00:00, RenTiki wrote:
Yes, definitely excellent work.
I recall when you first started posting here last year.
You've most certainly are a gifted one, Flounder!

Thanks Rentiki.

In September it will be one year since I started solely doing tiki art. I'm amazed at all the great things that have happened already. I have my own Tiki Far mug coming out. I have been invited to show in Gallerys. I have art in four tiki bars. I was hired to illustrate a tiki card game and much more.

Yesterday I was looking through my records and realized that I have sold art in
about 35 of the 50 states, and have art in 6 different countries. All in under one year.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn, I'm just amazed at the power of the internet. I also owe many thanks to TC and all the cool people I have met and all the people that have purchased my art and supported me.

I can't wait to meet some of them a Hukilau!

Thanks everyone

B

And we can' t wait to meet you. You and I need to work out a trade before you get too famous and your work gets too expensive.
I'm proud to have been able to watch you grow as an artist and watch your work climb to the Top shelf. We need more pix.

Here's a new suitcase, check out the bamboo handle

I like the suitcase Flounder. Once again an amazing painting.

I would also like to say that I just got Savage Sophisticate 1 and it is way better in person than the photo. Flounder keep those masterpeices coming, so I get my hands on another painting.

[ Edited by: net-tiki on 2004-06-29 12:24 ]

Flounder - great suitcase. I love the tiki faces on it and the bamboo handle is a really nice touch. I especially like the tiki on the right hand side.

Our painting arrived Saturday and we love it!

Thanks again!

V

Fantastic...what a dream : going to Rapa Nui with this suitcase.

I also received my painting : i love it, did it carved yesterday...

B

Flounder I think this is your best one yet. Your KavaKava man is seriously demanding attention and getting it.
Haul your studio down here and lets work together one day?

T

Flounder,
Your work is really good, I've been to your website couple times the past 2 weeks trying to buy something, but everything it's always sold already.
Anyway, can you e-mail me when you have some new paintings for sale. That will be nice, I'm getting frustrated seeing all those great painting getting away...
Thanks for sharing your art.

Tahitiki

[ Edited by: Tahitiki on 2004-06-29 20:28 ]

Thanks everyone.

I'm happy that all you who just received their paintings like them so much.

Tahitiki, If you want something the best thing is to commission it.

T

Flounder the way it is going you are going to be so busy just doing commissions that you will not have anything to sell at Hukilau and you will just have to do nothing but relax and drink. Now........would that be a bad thing or a good thing?

On 2004-06-30 06:42, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Flounder the way it is going you are going to be so busy just doing commissions that you will not have anything to sell at Hukilau and you will just have to do nothing but relax and drink. Now........would that be a bad thing or a good thing?

I have been a little worried about that. I also just got commissioned to do paintings for a new tik bar "Wai Tiki" being built in Orlando.
Would it be a bad or good thing? It would be bad on the liver and the wallet but damn it would be nice not to have to deal with things. Lets see what happens.

T

Amazing stuff man, you really have found a style that is just great no matter what it is on, it really is something to look forward to whenever I see that you have new work posted.

N

Flounder once again that is an amazing piece of artwork. You are the man.

WOW! Your work is amazing Scott. I am happy to own some of your work, and every time you post new stuff I just want more.

F
foamy posted on Sat, Jul 24, 2004 7:09 AM

Nice, nice work. Always.

Well I'm finally starting to feel better after being sick for two months. These are the only paintings I accomplished in about a months time. Small and easy to paint from the couch were I have been spending most of my time.

Now I have about a month to paint something to sell at Hukilau.

These will be avaliable at Hukilau.

Flounder they look great. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well - that absolutely sucks!

Good luck with the paintings for Hukilau! And we hope you feel better!!

Glad to hear your feeling better, I think the little guy in the middle looks like he could jump out and stick someone. great loolking pieces.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:12 ]

T

Glad to hear you are up and moving again man, look forward to catching up with you at Hukilau.

B

FLOUNDERart, these boxes are looking dynamite.Hope you get all the boxes you need Lookin Good

Glad you're doing better, Flounder. Welcome back. I thought it was a little quieter around here. :)

Flounder, you're awesome! I can't believe how 3D your paintings look. I swear they're photos. Glad you're ok.

Great job as usual Scott. I am glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself so you can throw down a couple of drinks at Hukilau.

Aaron

Mean Gene like big boobs!

http://www.fallingcocos.com/

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-29 10:32 ]

K

awesome dude...TOTALLY awesome stuff...bam!

Here's my latest piece.

Which is still a hundred times better than what I could draw.

So how much is that masterpiece?

TG

B

Looks Like my last 2 tries

Well alrighty then, now we know why you haven't been here. Keep up the great work Sole Man

I'll say it again, Flounder. Your work is truly lifelike and breathtaking. You really should have it put on postage stamps.

Sabu

Flounder,
Your latest looks pretty close to the average skill level I've seen for sale on e-bay. Let me guess, you did it with a digital photograph and a computer...

B

Thats a damn good job on an Etch'n sketch

Flounder, you crack me up! I like your sense of humor...that one should be on your business card you hand out at your shows...make people do a double take!

On 2004-12-02 19:47, Polynesiac wrote:
Flounder, you crack me up! I like your sense of humor...that one should be on your business card you hand out at your shows...make people do a double take!

What the hell is so funny!?!?! Let's see you do better tough guy! LOL

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-12-02 20:47 ]

Ummmmm I got this email saying that Mr Flounder wasn't going to do anymore Tiki artwork...

A sad day....

Very sad...

WHY?
I was wondering what happened to our Sole Man.

B

That IS Sad, WHY FLOUNDERart ??? Is there no $ in tiki? Did ew tick you off? Come on out and play, we miss you.

Complete tiki burnout.
Tiki pigeonholed.
$$$

I still plan to use some tiki images but I'm not focusing intirely on tiki. I will still be around though.

Thanks to all who supported my tiki efforts.

I think I'm going to cry now.

I also have three mug paintings at half price left on my site, and tiki mug postcards.

Original Art by
Scott "Flounder" Scheidly

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2005-01-20 08:06 ]

:cry:

[ Edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-01-20 09:20 ]

B

:( :( :(

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2005-01-20 11:54 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 193 replies