Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Flounder Paintings (• •NEW 11/30/04 Pg.14 • • )

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 193 replies

On 2004-03-17 15:02, kooche wrote:
BOING!

these are too cool man...have you getten in touch with the Mmodern gallery? or should i forward a link to you site to them???

you rule!

I have been invited into the "I Dream of Tiki" show at Mmodern. Now to paint something.

K

YES YES YES!!!

congratulations man! and welcome to california!!!

i just commissioned the master, Flounder, to paint a mai kai rarotongan decanter. i live in ft lauderdale and find it only fitting to have this painting in our home. i have only been collecting tiki for less than a year, but already i am a huge fan of scott's work. i can't wait to get the painting....and you all know what that means...hey Monkeyman!, i'm gonna need to frame this badboy!

Real nice art flounder, don´t price them too low!!!
Each painting is a one-of-a-kind, only one-in-the world original work of art!

K
kooche posted on Fri, Apr 2, 2004 4:25 PM

amen to that toontoonz...

hey scotty...beam your prices UP!

your work is too good to sell for so little...this is highly refined and wonderful beautiful intellectual property that you are creating and selling...and it is in demand these days is it not...just my 2 cents...hey! what can you paint me for that much?

i am an ass i know but i am also just kidding to get my point across...

SO glad to hear that you'll be in the show at Mmodern...wish you could make it to the event so that we could meet but i understand it's a long way to fly for just one evening of fun...you would meet some interesting folks though...are you planning on coming out to the show??? you could hit LA and sip a chichi from the world famous tiki ti if you did!!! there is NOTHING like a drink from the tiki ti ANYWHERE else! their drinks are like your creations in that regard!

Kooche, did you submit anything for the "Summer of Tiki Show" at the Shooting Gallery that Otto is doing?
I submitted these two mixed media pieces. Pics suck, I'll try to add better ones later.

Raw, dirty, with many levels.

Original Art by Flounder

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-04-06 19:03 ]

Here's some better detail photos.

Original Art by Flounder

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-04-06 18:36 ]

K
kooche posted on Tue, Apr 6, 2004 6:48 PM

RAD! those are great pieces man!

it's only a matter of time before i do some multi media work...then again i am pretty in love with OIL these days...

i don't think i was invited to be in the show...but i could be wrong...my head is in my you know what these days... 32 new pieces will be framed and hung by this friday but of course i have to actually finish the paintings themselves first...one more piece to finish from the ground up...3 more to touch up...will post some tonight...gotta get a frame from chikitiki for the last piece...

for the i dream of tiki show i'll have a new piece in oil ...also in a sci fi show and a private celeb show in hollywood hosted by an unkown magazine...supposed to be a big deal i guess...NERVES! both these shows are in may...it'll be nice to have some mess around time again!!!

great pieces man! i love them esp in these new pix!

C

Flounder those multimedia pieces are very cool. Dig the wood chips and rock. beneath the idol and the Moai. Nice tie in with the elements.

Chongolio

K
Kono posted on Mon, Apr 12, 2004 7:08 PM

I really like those mixed media pieces. I love the birdman cult images in the moai painting. Great job.

But what the hell is this?!! :o Yuck!

LOL!!!
That was a complete accident. But it goes along well with the Trojen logo.

That's too funny!

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

Flounder - you're work is incredible, can't wait to see it in person!

Hi Flounder, despite the terrible hangover the Suffering Bastard made it to the TABOU TIKI ROOM. The Bar will be build around your three amazing paintings. We should be working on a Flounder-Room.

Mahalo

On 2004-04-15 12:33, kaiserstyle wrote:
Hi Flounder, despite the terrible hangover the Suffering Bastard made it to the TABOU TIKI ROOM. The Bar will be build around your three amazing paintings. We should be working on a Flounder-Room.

Mahalo

Thanks Stefan, maybe some day I will be fortunate enough to visit the Tabou Tiki Room as well as the motherland.

Here's the two pieces I will have in the "I Dream of Tiki" show at mModern Gallery during Tiki Oasis.

Kava Kava Bar:

Tiki Enchantment:

Hope ya likie.

Original Art by Flounder

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-04-16 13:23 ]

I Love 'em flounder :) fantastic!

I like the guys head on Kava Kava Bar. It seems to jump out of the painting.

Both look great!

Those are really cool! I like the "black arches" on the forehead of the 2nd one...

http://www.samgambino.com

Thanks everyone!

Kava Bar Head, self portrait?

B

Definately Likie,likie,likie and more likie

8T

Very nice Scott! Congrats and good luck with the gallery showing.

The Kava Kava bar is awesome. I think you just took it up a notch.

Flounder I love your stuff so much, I almost hate you for making so much stuff I can't afford to buy it all!

Keep up the damned good work!
TG

[ Edited by: tikigardener on 2004-04-21 00:43 ]

The Kava Kava painting is truly superb! It's surprising how rarely those emaciated Easter Island carvings are used in Tiki art. In fact this is probably the first time I've seen one used, and it's been painted to arresting effect. Your paintings will be snapped up at the 'I Dream of Tiki' show.

Trader Woody

Flounder,
I think you must be entering your "dark" tiki period.
I can imagine an entire room done like Kava-Kava. Welcome to the Dis-enchanted Tiki Room...
KG
PS: We are Hawaiian Inn-less. I'll fill you in later.

Hi Flounder,
hope you'll visit the TABOU TIKI ROOM soon. Maybe we can arrange an exhibition. Looking forward!!

On 2004-04-19 08:01, RevBambooBen wrote:

I'm a cross between the Kava Kava Man and Mr. Pink.

Woody, your right I have never seen a painting of the Kava Kava Moia before. That was the third time I painted him and I will probably do more, there's just something about him. Maybe it's like the Rev. said "self portrait"

Kailuageoff, wait till you see the painting for the Flounder mug I am painting right now, it's all flames and darkness. You might be right. "The Dark Period". Hawaiian Innless? Sorry to hear that. Details.

Kaiserstyle, Exhibition at the Tabou Tiki Room. That would be a nice way to visit Germany, have a show, visit the new bar, and then write it all off as business. Sounds great.

Love the different styles of work man.
Will you be at tiki oasis?

Thanks rockntiki.
I wont be at Tiki Oasis, but I will be showing my ugly face at Hukilu.

P

Flounder, you're scaring me again.

Good work, buddy.
The stuff really lives.

G

Kava Kava!!! my favorite!

Mine too!

On 2004-04-23 07:38, FLOUNDERart wrote:

On 2004-04-19 08:01, RevBambooBen wrote:

I'm a cross between the Kava Kava Man and Mr. Pink.

"On Dr. Pepper and Coffee"?? (or what ever that recepie was!!??)

I'm thinking of having my direct deposit redirected to your bank account.
TG

so im assuming you'll have prints or something for sale at hukilau right?.....hope so, our tiki room needs some flounder art!

Headhunter...

sweeet!
I love the headhunter.

I've been looking for a nice shrunken head to dangle from my rear view mirror.

Will this one be a print? Are you bringing ANYTHING to Hukilau? Should I pack an extra suitcase?
Ok, that last one's a given.

The cannibal burlap graces my living room, every time I'm in there I enjoy it. Thanks again.

T

Flounder how long is the list to get on for one of your burlaps, I would love to see your take on Joe Vitale's Mr. Moai on burlap! Hope to meet you at the Hukilau if you attend.

Tiki-toa email me.

New burlap's for Kahiki Moon. 1ft. x 3.5ft. each.

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-06-08 16:20 ]

DZ

Flounder - your stuff is so good it's ridiculous! Every time you post something new, I can't believe my eyes - simply amazing!

I MUST get some of your stuff - you will be selling at Hukilau, yes?

K
kooche posted on Tue, Jun 8, 2004 4:57 PM

F*ckin' A Flounder...nice nice nice nice!

thanks for sharing!

B

I agree with Kooche.How can your stuff be getting so much better???Its already better and it keeps getting More better.

K
kooche posted on Tue, Jun 8, 2004 7:22 PM

this man is clearly a genius...someone give this guy a one man gallery show already!

totally confused and baffled by your magic brushes...

Absolutely Amazing Flounder!!! I have to agree with all the other posts too - you're stuff keeps getting better and better.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 193 replies