Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

What's the name of your home tiki bar or tiki space?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 269 replies

B

I gotta go with plagiarizing Novato Grotto, as its too perfect a name for the pool bar.....

On 2010-02-13 08:27, Pittsburgh pauly wrote:
"The Boom Boom Room", it just kinda stuck. It may not be that tiki, but it souinds "exotic" enough, and has some history. But now that the Standard in NY uses the name, I may need to re-name it.

The Boom Boom Room was a famous & well known Gay Bar in Laguna Beach, Calif.

This is a photo of the velvet hanging in my home lounge

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2010-02-16 15:11 ]

Now that's my kinda sign

On 2010-02-15 17:01, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

"The Boom Boom Room", it just kinda stuck. It may not be that tiki, but it souinds "exotic" enough, and has some history. But now that the Standard in NY uses the name, I may need to re-name it.

Just found that out. After I posted here I googled it. That works.
Guess it's in high demand, blues clubs, lounges, but my favorite...it's the name of a play about a bi-sexual go-go dancer set in the 60's!
Guess I should research the next name if I change it.

H

The Cannibal Lounge

Sign by Headhunter

Va-Va-Voom Room

"Coming Soon" :)

Pao Pao Hut...

K

On 2010-02-16 07:55, Pittsburgh pauly wrote:

On 2010-02-15 17:01, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Just found that out. After I posted here I googled it. That works.
Guess it's in high demand, blues clubs, lounges, but my favorite...it's the name of a play about a bi-sexual go-go dancer set in the 60's!
Guess I should research the next name if I change it.

It is also the name of a strip club here in the Portland metro area.

MT

On 2010-02-22 22:26, mrsmiley wrote:
"Coming Soon" :)

I thought that was the name of Ron Jeremy's bar? :-?

T

"The Boom Boom Room"

I seem to recall a bar by the same name that was located near the south end of the Frandor shopping center in Lansing/East Lansing MI, I believe in the late 80's. Not sure whatever became of it. Was taken there once but don't recall it being particularily "tiki".

Ours is called HUBERT'S HULI HULI HAUS (OR The 4H CLUB for short).

Q

Holy Huli Huli mrsmiley!!

That is one hell of a tiki room. Dang... Awesome.

The Desert Oasis Room

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2011-11-20 10:19 ]

Q

Another great room!! My eyeballs are drooling and I'm getting thirsty... Very thirsty...

My tiki collection has only just begun and I don't even have a room for it (or a bar) yet, but this is a great thread for inspiration.

Mahalo for all the great pics!!

The Aumakua Cove's present entrance.

A sliver of imaginary island life in South Central KY

M

Mahalo!

McTiki

smiley
next time im back in Vegas I gota c dat room
AMAZINGGGGGGGG

The Mad Mongoose
Tiki Bar

Next year gonna make a trek to LV...gotta hit Frankies and would so love to see the 4H...it looks awesome.

This is the sign my friend Ken [moondog426] made for the VampTiki Lounge.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2011-11-27 13:53 ]

W

The Wayfarer

I had the sign made in Subic Bay. I asked the carver what woods he had and he said all he had was mahogany or monkeypod. (Remember this is the Phillipines so cedar and pine are exotic foreign woods but mahogany is normal) I asked about the price difference since monkeypod is a bit more expensive than mahogany stateside. He shrugs and says, "It's the same price." I went with the monkeypod! The lettering is in Old English which isn't tiki BUT in Olongapo & Subic Bay that's the default font they carve in and so its associate it with carved signs from there.

Did some painting last weekend for the first time in a long time.

Nice, love the shape. I don't think I shared my very excellent Eric October creation here yet:

I love maps, and Big Daddy Olu is in the position from where he overlooks the lake.

JB

And here is my fine Eric October creation for my place.

The Hukkaboom Lounge , entertainment nightly.

A lovely sign made from a packing pallet hung over the door to our break room at work until the new regime of Gap khaki clad tightasses took it down as being " unprofessional ". It was in quasi oriental/tiki script with all our nicknames on it .

Since such things are frowned upon at work, I adopted the name for my tiki bar in progress.

J

My home tiki bar is named Tiki Joe's Voodoo Lounge! I have built three tiki bars I will post some pictures up as well.

The Forgotten Tiki room.

EXCELLENT choice of name, Mr. Banks! :)

JB

Thank you, sir! No spill blood.

J
JOHN-O posted on Wed, Feb 1, 2012 6:34 PM

That's better than the House of Pain. :D

A lot of those early 1930's pre-code jungle horror films would be good inspirations for Tiki Bar names...

1. House of the "White Zombie"
  2. Skull Island (a la "King Kong")
  3. "West of Zanzibar" (or maybe the "Kongo" Room, the talky remake of the Lon Chaney silent).

This is the stuff Don Beach was probably watching at the movies right before he opened the Hollywood DTBC.

The "Rhummba" is what shes called !

HJ

"Haole Jim's"....

M

MontiTiki's "Tiki Oasis"

The Popoki Lounge...Hawiian for "cat"! :)

Just barely on topic, but not enough for its own topic, and maybe its just the way my mind works, but wouldn't "The Sendak Lounge" or something like that be a great name for a tiki bar? All kinds of great mottos come to mind: "Where the wild things are" and "Wild rumpus every night" for example.

H

[ Edited by: hottiki 2015-10-13 20:17 ]

Mine's not started yet but I'm working on it. The name will be "The Grotto Lounge"

My tiki bar is called Bloody's, it is derived from my last name which is Bloodgood.

These are pics from a party I had a year ago and I used my twin brother's vintage bar. A more permanent structure is going to be built next year in the same spot. I hand painted the sign.

S

"Sweet 808"

G

Mine is called The Lothario Lounge. It is a Mid-Century styled tiki bar with a swingin bachelor pad vibe.

The Hana Grotto.

I have three different bar/lounge areas.
First one is all vintage, 'VOODOO LOUNGE'
Second,out door living/dinning area is the 'CAPTAIN TABLE'
Third out, off the side of the garage is 'LAST FLIGHT OUT'

My wife and I have an attached room on the back of our house that we converted to a tiki bar. It's called Lava Lounge.

R

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster, and I've had so much fun reading about all the amazing builds on this site, thanks for sharing

The man cave/tiki bar is under way and progressing slowly but I'll post up some progress shots shortly. The name I came up with for the room:

"The Mahi Mahi Room"

D
Dagg posted on Wed, Sep 26, 2012 4:17 PM

My bar/lounge is still a work in progress... But this is the name Im leaning towards.

Ill start a build thread if anyone's interested.

[ Edited by: Dagg 2012-09-27 12:48 ]

H

Dagg, I like the name of your lounge/bar. And yes show us some progress pictures.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 269 replies