Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Beer Review Thread

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 218 replies

On 2008-12-04 13:06, joefla70 wrote:

On 2008-11-02 17:33, Jungle Trader wrote:
Anybody tried Drake's Pilsner. Okay I admit it, I bought it mostly cuz of the packaging. But if it really does keep scurvy away.................ARRRRGH! Found it at BevMo.

Scurvy away?!? Please don't tell me you're squeezing lime or orange into it like a Corona or Blue Moon!

Nope, not squeezing nothin' cept my lips around it. Have you tried it joefla?

TB

What do ya think of .....

Guinness Anniversary Stout. The beer commemorates the date on which Arthur Guinness signed the lease on St. James’ Gate in Dublin: December 31, 1759. Guinness hasn’t come around to the craft beer scene yet but this one might appeal to craft drinkers.

Enjoy a pint!

TBIrd.

thanks for the Heads up.

I used to be a fan of Guinness, but then I got burnt out on it.
but I will give this one a try.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ya' gotta mix it up brah. Guinness, mmmmmm, smooth with a foamy head. Always good.

For my money, Maudite is one of the best ales on the market.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2010-12-06 14:25 ]

Stone Vertical Epic 10/10/10 is quite tasty!!! Pick it up before it is drunk, drank, drinked. :)

P
phinz posted on Tue, Oct 19, 2010 5:58 PM

On 2010-10-19 15:50, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Stone Vertical Epic 10/10/10 is quite tasty!!! Pick it up before it is drunk, drank, drinked. :)

I've yet to have a Stone that isn't quite tasty. Too bad their anniversary celebration is always the same weekend as Oasis. I'd much rather finally make a trip to Oasis than go to Stone.

Yes. You can see where my priorities are. :)

Wonder what these 2 brewskies taste like!!!

Worlds most expensive beer made from Antarctic ice
by Kraig Becker (RSS feed) on Dec 3rd 2010 at 8:00AM

Australian beer maker Nail Brewing revealed the secret behind its latest ale, which set a new record for the most expensive beer ever produced when it was sold at auction last month. The new limited edition brew, which was produced and sold for charity, was made from melted Antarctic ice.

Dubbed Antarctic Nail Ale, the beer first went on the auction block to raise money for the Sea Sheperd Conservation Society, an organization dedicated to protecting whales and other sealife around the globe. On November 3, a single bottle sold for an amazing $800 AUD (roughly $780), setting the new record for the worlds most expensive beer in the process. That auction was just the warm-up however, as another bottle went up for sale on November 19, smashing the new record. That second bottle sold for a whopping $1850 AUD ($1805)!

The beer was created by John Stallwood, the owner of Nail Brewing. Stallwood's brother-in-law is part of the crew on board a Sea Sheperd ship, and recently visited an iceberg floating in the waters off Antarctica. He collected some of the ice there and flew it back to Tasmania, where it was melted and then passed on to Stallwood to use in the beer.

I've had some expensive beer before, but $1850 for a single bottle? I'd have to nurse that one for a really long time.

T

^ Probably has caveman hair in it or something, yeeuch.

T

I just home brewed my first batch of cream stout and tomorrow I will bottle it. My next batch to brew is an American pale ale. Any other tiki/beer freaks out there that home brew?

TK

On 2004-03-30 15:05, pablus wrote:

Seattle has great unfiltered microbrews while Tampa has rancid swill sloshing out of Busch Gardens. Hooray for us.

they haven't brewed in tampa for 20 years. stopped in the early 90's. btw love paulaner too.

H

On 2011-01-07 16:04, talo ka wrote:
...btw love paulaner too.

kalugiPaulaner Salvator! My favorite Double Bock!

On 2011-01-07 15:54, Tikitatt wrote:
I just home brewed my first batch of cream stout and tomorrow I will bottle it. My next batch to brew is an American pale ale. Any other tiki/beer freaks out there that home brew?

My son and I home brew, we are in a home brewing club, The Maltose Falcons out of Woodland Hills, CA. My son and I are total HOP HEADS and are brewing mostly IPA's. We grow our own hops and plan to really kick it up this year and build a brew rack and a walk in fridge to keep kegs and a warmer area in there to keep our carboys during ferment. I would like to brew some Prickly Pear Stout. Where are you located?

BTW Stone is the best beer in the world....does that make me an Arrogant Bastard?

this was a limited edition beer brewed by dogfish head craft that one of my friends had kept stored away. unlike the ales that dogfish is more famous for, this is a honey stout, slightly bold and smokey, best enjoyed chilled to about 40-45 degrees f. according to the website, it's recommended to be drank whilst listening to the miles davis album 'bitches brew': choice cigarette, cigar or pipe is left to the consumers select choice.

i polished off two of these while smoking the doctors favorite brand of cigarette. oh yes, and miles davis on the symphonic record player.

conclusion? a fine stout and excellent companion to any miles davis record. too bad it's not a regular thing though.

On 2011-06-20 22:31, socksoff wrote:

Socks, this is a most excellent brew! I still have two bottles! I think 120 Minute is finally being bottled/shipped.
:drink:
Erik the Red

S

canadian stout- a little on the sweet side but it manages to quench the thirst.

S

anyone tried this? i'm a big fan of guinness and dark beers in general so i'm really looking forward to tasting this

On 12: am, Missing User warned:

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 6 to be long, string given in /home/hanford/tikicentral.com/functions.php on line 1736

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /home/hanford/tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php on line 652

Unregistered User

I wouldn't mind knowing what kind of beer did this. 8)

Sorry. As soon as I posted, it disappeared.

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2011-11-15 11:14 ]

Stone Vertical Epic 11.11.11 is interestingly good. You can taste the bite and spice of the peppers.

G
Gavin posted on Sat, Dec 24, 2011 7:59 AM

The Bruery: Bottleworks XII & Carmen.

S

the hefeweizen summer variety pack is officially out (for summer). love hefeweizen. as a professional beer drinker, i highly approve of their fine products, especially after a night of schmoozing it with the dames. i always rate them 4 sandra warners out of 5.

On 2005-06-06 11:06, Unkle John wrote:
Man I can't believe I missed this thread.

I have lived by the rule, "if it wasn't made in Texas I won't drink it". Long story on that.
My usual drinks:
St. Arnold http://www.saintarnold.com
Shiner Bock http://www.shiner.com
Lone Star Beer http://www.puretexanbeer.com

But my favorite beer that are non Texas is a little known beer from Canada: Maudite {url]http://www.unibroue.com/products/maudite.cfm[/url] They also brew some other good ones.

I'll second the opinion that Shiner Bock is delicious beer, but I'm a nutty former Texan.
My other favories are Chimay, Delirium Tremens, Guinness and Koko Brown for a nice tropical flavor.

tiki approved beer gentlemen. if you're not drinking this, you're doing something wrong

Hmm, that looks good. I hope I come across that beer sometime.

On 2011-12-22 08:16, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Stone Vertical Epic 11.11.11 is interestingly good. You can taste the bite and spice of the peppers.

Mr NoNaMe, they still have 11-11-11 at the new Stone in Liberty Station. I got a growler last week.

TT

This sounds good to me. Anyone tried it? I tried to run a search but found no mention on TC.

http://www.innisandgunn.com

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 218 replies