Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

One of a Kind StUfF by Bamboo Ben....newer pg 21?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 320 replies

B

Boobe....n, How's the sale going, got anything left? Hopefully you are too busy to answer this, AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR's to 'ya

Benz e' all-
I cleaned my workshop and made room for pakin' supplize. Sooooooon man. Sooooooooooooooon.

05 will bring some new Jive! Live! World Wide! Dig?

B

I Dig man, You are comin up Prime time with a shipping Department for International sales. KAboom. Benz shoots for the top
Way to go Beno

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-12-21 04:26 ]

........Mele Kalikimaka!

B

Rev, that is so Cute. I bet Santa would Have to have one of those.
Merry X-Mas.

Mele Kalikimaka to YOU TOO, BooBen. Nice reindeer!

Aaron

Merry Christmas Huntington Beach style!

the Boo's

It was warm today so we decided to build a Snow Man.

Arrrrrrr!!!

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-07 10:08 ]

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-07 10:09 ]

Screw it!!!

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-07 10:10 ]

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-07 11:25 ]

MG

You can do it Ben.... you can do it!

Nice "Arrr Bar"

kind of a double arr bar...

Keepin' it real...hawaiian Pirate style.

Nice one!

Tiki Arrrrr!!!

Disco Light Box Tiki Bar

The light pulsates and throbs to the beat!

(ya ya ya ya, staying alive!!)

B

Cool stuff Ben. Is that a dock cleat on the end of the Pirate bar? To keep it tied down, or keep someone tied down?
Keep it Aarrrrup

On 2005-01-07 11:36, Benzart wrote:
Cool stuff Ben. Is that a dock cleat on the end of the Pirate bar? To keep it tied down, or keep someone tied down?
Keep it Aarrrrup

Hey Benz and All-

Yes, a boat cleat. It's carved wood and was purchased from Oceanic Arts. Who knows, it might just be an original LeRoy??? Hmmmmmm. I think I'll raise the price on that bar.

(it's a 7 foot bar so normally it would be 795.00. If it's a real LeRoy Cleat, we'll say it's now 1700.00!!!)

The Arrr! Tiki Bar MASK was from Bro Wes aka H.O.T.. Traded him the mask and another mini tiki for a Bamboo longboard (skateboard deck)I had burried in the shop a while back.(there is a funny story behing that board. Wes almost got run over by a car while riding it. You got to ask him the story) Did a little cutting, etc. (eyes) and lit him up. That mask reminds me of Arrr!

MG

I remember that skateboard. Was it the one Wes had at the Tiki Beach Festival in Long Beach? That thing was cool!

Got Tropical Computer Desk???

Mohogany, Bamboo, Lauhala Matting.

PM or email

SWEET! Ben

B

Ben, that is Awesome, I really love it.I may have to build myself one of those one of these days. It will have to be Bigger since I'm running 2 monitors but I'm sure it can be done.
Your work is really gettingabove TopKnotch, Better watch out, some big company is liable to come along and gobble you up.
Banzaaaaarrrt

Ben that's awesome!

You've got mail!

B

RevBen, what you been feeding that brain in yer head. You're coming up with some Nice stuff. I wanna move out there and work for you, Serious.

Ever heard of the (surf) artist Wolfgang? Did a bunch of these a while back. Thinking of getting back into them again. Depending on time.

Anyone remember this art show?
(C'Al?)

Got mantle?

Got wall space?

6' x 6' painting

Got custom pineapple crate type entertainment center?

Got Hand Carved Bamboo Ben signage?

Got custom Bamboo Ben Surf Tiki Mahogany and Rattan Bookshelf??

Got "Quazimoto?"

Got Pets?

Sorry Benz, just diggin up some stuff from the past. You still rule in my book!!!!

Made a couple of these a while ago but they are way too time consuming!

But then again, if any Paris Hilton types are out there........

P

You Rock!!
I want it all.

B

Yo Ben way to go. Let me repeat, I wanna come out there and work for you.
I started carving while working in a little place called "The Wood Shed
in Wilton Manors, Florida. The placewas a lot like your shop only we made everything from wood. You name it and we would make it. Some neat one-of-a-kind items. The good ol'e days.

BEn you truly are a genious! One crazy bamboo genious!
I was just looking at my brick mantle the other day thinking...and you already did it!
Simply beautiful pieces. Nice job and thanks for sharing!

Here's a bad photo of a cool hut. The clients pool was the blue color on da wood. This sat next to da pool. Black bamboo for the doors and windows.Thatch roof, etc. The interior was retro mahogany with yello bamboo trim and astro turf green floors. The mini boo's had to model in it before it was delivered.

Looking up at a 3500 sq ft. cieiling (living room and kitchen combined, all looked like this). This shot was in the kitchen where they conected. The Hip or Valley? Or? If it's the ceiling instead of the roof?? I'm confused.

Here's the entry to the living room. Those doors were insane. Hand carved antique China doors.

Can't forget the Library.

This is for you Benz-

Hand carved and stressed Honduras Manogamy Cabs. Floor to ceiling, all four walls. The inners of the cab doors/drawers are Phillip Manogamy carved to look like Bamboo. The floor was oak and I made it look like the above. The ceiling was done in Potog and Black Boo and we installed one of those Fanamation fans. The client is a cool cat. He makes lots of shoes. Lots! ( this is his home office)

p.s. He even has a Book of Tiki. ( on a different wall. Need to scan more pics. Pre digital for me)

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-18 22:30 ]

B

Beno, are you goin and gettin fancy on us now?? This one really looks high end. Those chalk carvingshave a story floating around here somehere about them, read it? Interesting. Cool stuff.I can't work, but I keep sayin, I could come out there and work with you

One more. Sleepy Tiki.................

..........headboard.

S

Hey Ben, I'm speechless as usual.
Do you have any pics of the oak floor carved to look like bamboo. That's not only a really great idea, but a pretty ballsy thing to do- takin' a chisel to someones oak floor!

On 2005-01-19 10:01, seamus wrote:
Hey Ben, I'm speechless as usual.
Do you have any pics of the oak floor carved to look like bamboo. That's not only a really great idea, but a pretty ballsy thing to do- takin' a chisel to someones oak floor!

It was actually oak that I turned into a very stressed out Mahogany looking floor to match the cabinets. No carved boo on the floors, yet. No chisels were harmed. Used grinders, etc. I'll try to scan some more pics soon.

Benz, why would you want to give up everything in sunny Florida to move to sunny Califorina ? Maybe we should just invade Waynes compound and have him hire us. The humidity would be nice. Good for the skin.

Shit Ben!
I should have been down there years ago to show you how to post pics on the internet.
I can't even imagine all the stuff of yours that we missed, years' past.

B

Right Unga.. How many pix are stuffed into shoeboxes just Waiting to be liberated? A Ton of work never seen by anyone but a shoe box.
Ben, we need to get you a Few scanners so you can work triple time. But then we need it in small doses since the hearts couldn't take too much beauty all at once!

Those ceiling treatments are top notch.

Nicely done.

(note-this is not a solicitation to be "pals")

Unga- I wish I knew how to post video. Have a few more with working parts.

Guts!

Benz- Bags of pics. Lots o bags....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 320 replies