Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

One of a Kind StUfF by Bamboo Ben....newer pg 21?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 320 replies

Computer Monitor Tiki Hut Covers avail now. Almost any style offered. (Crazy Al 1996 solid 14k gold tiki and Hula babe not included. Must contact him on those.)(pen holder included) This one has ye ol' A frame. Use your imagination!!!

Here we have 2 Tiki Farm, Bamboo Ben Signs for the Tiki Farm Trade Show Booth for the Ca. Gift Show this weekend/Mon. & Tues. The Tiki and Farm rotate back and forth (Unga!!??). Anyone out there going to the show??? The Farms booth rocks!!!

P.s. I'm not a professional potographer so I hope y'al can cope with the pics. I create ideas and build lots o stuff. Sanp a pic to document then off to the next idea. It all comes from the heart. It's in the blood.

This is a tricky one. It's a gym/spa room done down in Laguna Beach for a cool cat and a really cool pad. Tricky you ask?? You must look at it upside down.

another ceiling.

This is the beginning of a cool kitchen for another cool cat. This is up in the Hollywood Hills. Notice the diamond plate appliances. Very West Coast Chopper'ish. Von Franco knows him very well. We all ended up here after the It's all about the Tiki show that was at La Luz. It was cool to come back and see it all complete and lived in a few years later. Pizza, man! It's all about the pizza!! Or, it's all about the shoe!!

Anyone out there know of John Severson?
( surfers??) Well, this painting was done by his brother Don Severson. I did a stint of custom frames a while back for one of his major collectors. Cool painting.

Here's another frame. Anyone know the artist?

While we're talking about Frames, we have a few bamboo ones laying around the store. They're smaller than bars and cheap to ship if any of you out o' towners are into it.

computer monitor cover also makes a good, "Old Dog Shrine." Yes. Same dog with same tumors, etc. He's going on 16. His name is Art for the newer sect.

More great stuff Ben.
I can't believe that ceiling in the gym.
Truly a work of art.
Have a friend film the moving parts of the sign and whatever else and send it to me, then I'll stream it for you.
Keep it up!

KING ART in his lair sipping "HIS BEER" from "HIS CHALICE."

lucky dog!

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-22 22:19 ]

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-22 22:21 ]

Ben.Whatta you got in the way of beds.

BambooBen.Great stuff.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-14 08:01 ]

T

Nice computer moniter. Does that come in flat screen applications :) If you don't mind sharing, what do you use to bind together the bamboo frames. An "L" bracket and you use glass and a backing for those frames.

On 2005-01-24 09:33, teaKEY wrote:
Nice computer moniter. Does that come in flat screen applications :) If you don't mind sharing, what do you use to bind together the bamboo frames. An "L" bracket and you use glass and a backing for those frames.

Any shape or size.

Frames? They are ready for art, matting and glass.

On 2005-01-23 22:19, sonofabeach wrote:
BambooBen.Great stuff.Tell me what you think of the Tikibars I do.Obviously you have been doing it longer them me and value your opinion.

Brilliant!

Lots o bed frames too. Any shape, any style, any fetish.

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-24 22:22 ]

Just relaxin' while my computer scans more pics..............

R.I.P. Don of the Desert. My dear friend. Rest In Peace. We know you will. Those clouds above must be the ultimate off roading experience.

A sad day for Bamboo. A sad day. Too many great times in life with a true friend.

http://www.deserttrail.com/

http://23b.org/albums/My-Friend-Don/aai.thumb.jpg

Try this one.................

http://23b.org/gallery/My-Friend-Don

It's grand.

[ Edited by: Don of the Desert on 2005-01-26 21:50 ]

[ Edited by: Don of the Desert on 2005-01-28 21:45 ]

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-31 22:44 ]

Posted on Tiki Market Place......

Harveys Mug Shelf....

........ok. Like I said before, I'm not a photographer.

Here is the Harveys' Mug Shelf. It is 5" deep X 24" long X 16" high. Built out of sturdy 1/2" mahogany ply trimmed in Bamboo and Rattan and has an old school retro finish. The decoupage articles, under a layer of polyurethane, are copies of real articles from when it opened ( notice the 5 cent price). The center photo is of my Grandfather, Eli Hedly, the one who created and installed the decor, Naida Lai, hula girl and Frank Green, architect who also worked with Eli on Trader Dicks and the Nugget. The other articles decribe the fabulous interiors and the Grand Opening night.

So, for you mug collectors and Tiki Freaks, here's a once in a lifetime collector mug shelf that will help describe why you own a Harveys mug.

These collector shelves will be #rd and signed. The # of shelves made will be determined on how many I feel like making. I have an Artistic Temperment ( as many of you know). They will start at #4. The low price of 40.00 each plus shipping for TC members. Email [email protected]. (I even have paypal now! Wo!)

Mugs not included. Display only.

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-01-26 21:38 ]

Beautiful work, ben, you are a one-of-a-kind creator. I can't get enough of what you've posted - totally blown away.

sorry to hear about your loss...

B

RevBenboobam and all that stuff. I'm Really glad you are taking the time to scan, upload and post all these old pictures. I know what a hassel it is starting from a photograph and finally getting it posted here on TC. The world of TC Needs to see all your work as I'm sure they are all as flabberghasted as I am at what you have done. Thanks and keep up the good work(and the old too)
happyHappyHappy

I got into a fight with the scanner so older pics won't be available anytime soon. We haven't been getting along to well lately so we are separating!!!

So, here's a couple of newbies (sort of)

Mug Shelves. Bamboo Ben Style.

These will be going on the website soon. Ebay too.

Another shelving style

Long Extended Dance Version........

Crap! I just sneezed all over my keyboard. Damn head cold. Be back after I clean up!

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Feb 2, 2005 5:41 AM

Why have you not sent these over to put on your website? ; )

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-02-08 08:56 ]

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-02-08 08:57 ]

Ben-

I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend.. My condolences go out to you
and those close to you!!!
Later,
Spermy

B

Tough Loss Ben, its Hard to lose a dear friend. Then harder when someone screws with the pix you post. I don't see how they can do that but I guess some peeps can.
Anyway Sorryabout D.
Sorry about the Scanner too as we will miss future pic's from you 'till you get a new one.

On 2005-01-24 22:39, RevBambooBen wrote:

Just relaxin' while my computer scans more pics..............

Scanner broke. Screw it!

Anyone know who is in the background of this pic?

Hukilau 03.

Hukilau 05 is gonna rock!

Dats Cherry Capri.

On 2005-03-13 20:45, Jungle Trader wrote:
Dats Cherry Capri.

nope!

put your glasses on JT! (and do a dozen oysters!!)

B

No Idea, can't see that far. Who izzit? And who's the bum in the hammock and wheres his Maitai? Giving all the tiki peeps a bad name, swingin in the trees with no rum anywhere in sight.

Shell of da' Paciic?

Nope. There are 2 people there.

Maybe it's time for another contest. Whadda ya say ?

Oh Jeez, another contest.
I put my glasses on and downed a dozen oysters, and still got it wrong, now what should I do? I'll get my telescope. heh.

Okay, I got my telescope and I'm at the other side of the room looking at the monitor. Bozo da' clown?

Carrot Top

and

the girl who played Cindy Brady

The ugliest tiki ever carved.

But, it's 4.5' and is one dollar less than 196.00.

p.s. Cindy Brady and Carrot Top. That cracks me up!!

B

Oh, I Knew thats who it was but I just didn't want to say anything for fear you would add another head to yhe garden.
Nice ugly tiki btw.

K

I think the people in the picture are......... Casey on the right and Shelly on the left and Bambooze Ben in the hammick sippin a bud thinking about lighting a marb and maybey where to stick his next BB sticker.

Inky Louise (mia) & King Kukulele back when we did post Hukilau 03' Key West Sunset Road Trip. C'Al's camera eye shot the pic.

Ok. No more contests.

B

Awwww c'mon, you know we Love you and your contests. Whats next huh??

"Ugly Tiki" is on spring break at our local "Shag With A Twist" hanging out in the "Jetsetter Lounge" in the inner lobby. He got a little bit of a make over. A little X on his head, etc.

Tiki #2 hanging out for spring break at "Shag with A Twist" . (this one came from my personal collection)

....and there's another one of those damn bars too. X marks the spot!

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2005-04-01 22:27 ]

nice one Ben! I thought that tiki looked familiar last Sat! Were you there? I guess I must have missed ya.

This is a big Pedro production and I'm glad to see that you are a part of it.

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2005-04-02 12:09 ]

What's new Rev?

Howz the Rev?

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jun 12, 2005 4:54 PM

I love my new bar master ben. Thank you, it is awsome, well built and was very well priced. It was great meeting you and mrs.ben. I look forward to our next meeting. til then...hang loose brahdah...kirby

Kirby. Show us the bar. Very interested.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 320 replies