TG

http://www.badasstikis.com

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-10-18 11:01 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2007-01-16 08:22 ]

H
hewey posted on Mon, Feb 28, 2005 3:35 PM

you got some nice work there. Keep em comin

TG

Thanks Hewey. I appreciate that........Australia huh? Good surf there. Do you?

Very nice, as they always are. Congrats on the big order. Must have been hard to seem them all go..

HO BRAH!

Great work. Lot of Work! You must be over 100 years old to produce that many big logs. What's your secret? Do you use an air chisel or something?

TG

Thanks Freaki,

Jackhammer............

TG

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-07-13 07:08 ]

Nice stuff G! Some great new styles there!

I really wish there was a market here in the midwest... I love carving a lot of tikis... but I don't have the room to keep 'em all.
Tikis don't sell here.

Good luck in the upcoming festival season!

TG

Thanks alot Lake. Yeah I decided to do things a little different here lately......I like the older full bodied styles more, but oddly enough the other styles seem to sell better. Go figure. Guess you have to know what you are looking at as far as the classics go to drop some dough on them....I wish things would pick up for you there. I know you work your ass off, and you deserve more reward for it. A local news station just aired a minute long story on me here last week. If I can figure out how to make a computer video of it I'll send it to you to check out.

Hope that "Lake" is warming up for you. I know you are dying to get wet!

G.

Fantastic work Gary! You inspired me to do my first tiki last summer. See it here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=13278&forum=7&12
I really admire your work. Could you send us some pictures of your tools and workshop area?

Where am I going? And how did I get in this hand-basket?

Tiki Tammy

[ Edited by: tikitammy on 2005-03-09 11:32 ]

MD

Oh my gawd, I've never seen so many tikis by one person, Awesome work and a cute little wahine to help you out....Got it made my friend.
I'm thinking you're like Santa Claus or something and you have a bunch of little elves all lit up on rum carving and sanding 24 hours a day.

Holy crap.Just dragging that many longs around would piss me off.Let alone carving all of it.Great work.If I had your talent I would be Tiki God king of the thousand islands.

TG

Thanks Beach, yes it is a lot of work. My back hurts, my knees, my hands, shoulders....you name it. One thing though, it is very rewarding. I enjoy it. It's not only profitable, it's also that I enjoy doing it......

Just saw the folding bar.Pretty kool.I did some much like yours not long ago for Hawaiian Tropics.The shef supports stayed in tact and shelves folded up.The legs also stayed attached.The entire bar folded up and had a 2 handles to carry it.About 5 inches wide when folded.The top did have to be removed.Folded up or out in about 3 minutes.Weighed about 45 LBS plus the top.I used window latches to hold the top in place from underside.If you have ever been to any of Hawaiian Tropics events you may have seen them.No parrots either.All tiki and bamboo.If I find a pic. I will post it.

TG

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-07-13 07:10 ]

TG

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-07-13 07:14 ]

It takes awhile to get through all the pictures of your productivity. Awesome stuff; especially the Maori tiki, tables, bars and dart board. You need to come party with us Floridians at the Hawaiian Inn next January.
KG

B

Hey Gary these are probably your best yet---
---
You are fortunate to have someone who wil do your sanding and grinding for you And best of all to have them do such a GOOD Job with it. These last 3 are very nice and Both of you deserve high comps..
HappyHappyHappy

TG

Thanks Benzart, Kailugeoff, Tiki Tammy, Mr. Dale. I really appreciate everything you have said.........

G.

Good for you G. I just saw the clip and thought it was cool and great exposure. Carve away!

TG

Thanks Chiki T. It was strange doing the story. I'm not really keen on having a camera stuck all up in my face, but I guess it turned out o.k.......

Your stuff is looking really "jake" I'm totally diggin' it!

Be cool, G.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. on 2005-03-22 05:19 ]

TG

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-07-13 07:16 ]

B

G, the Marq is Definately your best yet and I would keep him too. You can always make more for your followers.
I think you'll find that when you start carving tikis identifiable to the original, ancient tikis and adding your style to them, that they will be your better works, and people will really love them.

TG

Thanks Benz. I really enjoyed carving this one. It gave me a different kinda feeling as I was gouge into it. After I finished it up and the girlfriend and I were looking at it and talking about how cool it was and how much we should sell it for at the festival. I said if I ever kept one for myself this would be the one. She said, it's yours, you carved it, keep it. You can always make another. She's right....

I think you are also right Benz. AS always!

G.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. on 2005-03-22 05:18 ]

Wow - Sweet Marq - Thats definitely a keeper!

That Marq is my favorite of ALL you've done.

M

Feels good to finally keep one huh? I keep one out of three myself. Nice Marq! Good keeper! Mahalo

TG

Thanks Poly, Jungle & Mc.....Yeah it is nice to finally keep one. I knew one day the right one would strike me, and look what it took....a "Marq".

G - Your latest tikis are knocking my socks off! I wouldn't be able to part with that Marq myself. But go out and carve another to sell, just to prove you can. I'm also digging the Kona-Kai and Maori styles you're doing too. Better and better all the time!

Sabu

TG

Thanks Sabu....I am too, diggin' them that is.

G.

I totally agree with you and everyone else on this one!!! The Marq kicks ass!!! I can't believe the amont of Tiki's you produce. I also wish I had that keigerator, Too!! Thanks for posting all of your work!!
Later,
Spermy EEEEEEEEEaaaaaaOOOOOOOooooWWWWWWWwwwwww

What gives ? Your carvings just keep getting better and better. I like the last guy the best yet (I'll probaly say that about the next one)
Thanks for sharing. Gives some insperation to get me carving more.

Damn G... that kicks ass. Great style on the Marq... love the eyes! The Marqs have become one of my favs to carve too no matter what the size.

You deserve one for yourself! Good choice!

Best of luck in your upcoming show!

I love that Marq, G. The style & finish are beautiful.

TG

Spermy, Rodeo, Lake & Aaron, thanks alot for the much appreciated remarks regarding the Marq.

Thanks again,

G.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-02-27 07:41 ]

H
hewey posted on Wed, Mar 23, 2005 4:22 PM

I agree with everyone else, they keep getting better. I am currently scoping out your shutterfly gallery - nice stuff

I dont surf. Next year when i finsih studying and have the time and money I want to have a go at longboarding. Maybe take some lessons and see how i go.

TG

Wow, thanks alot Hewey. I do appreciate the compliments. Surfing is great. If you lived here in (Florida) and surfed, you would be dreaming of Australia surf. Take advantage of what you have there.....Never been, but I will one day.

Longboard rules........

G.

M

Florida Surf is just perfect imo. I have surfed near Hewey (Guam) and had the willies every time I got the nads to go in the water. Tigers and Whites dominate those waters. I adore our little Bulls and blacktips just fine. Nice soft sand to crank your beak into when you wipeout as well.

Funshapes rule!

Mahalo

TG

McTiki, now that you mention Whites and Tigers, I think I'll just stick to going to Costa Rica...........You just have to watch out for Crock's there;)

G.

M

Yeah, they are fat and huge. They look like logs floating towards you (I hear alot from the gang that goes to Hermosa & Jaco) Never been there yet. Gettin too old for harsh carvin, but, love to play in our waves where it's nice and safe. We should hook up this summer.

Surfed all up and down the coast there, but my favorite spot is Mal Pais/Santa Teresa on the Nicoya Peninsula...Good size, but mellow. I always stay at the hoteltropicolatino.com lodge. Right on the beach baby. Headed back probably in October...I'll keep you informed for a hook up.

G.

Nice Marquesan! I can understand why you choose to keep it.

TG

Thanks Raffertiki.....It keeps growing on me more and more.

G.

On 2005-03-24 10:41, Tiki G. wrote:
McTiki, now that you mention Whites and Tigers, I think I'll just stick to going to Costa Rica...........You just have to watch out for Crock's there;)

G.

Ahhh... you should visit the paradise of the Great Lakes... as we have no human preditors to fear except the cold water temps...

Didn't mean to sabotage your tiki thread G but if you Floridians happen to find yourselves traveling near the Lakes I highly suggest bringing a board... you would have fun!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-03-25 22:26 ]

M

Sweeeeet! But, BRRRRRRRR, I have turned into a fair weather surfer myself. The closest we get to that temp is when there's hail....Like today! Worked on my latest log for about 2 hrs and had to bag it. Literally!

Mahalo !

hey G!

that marq rules! I love the detail in the face, I'd keep that one too.

TG

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-02 06:03 ]

Nice. Very nice.

Say Gary, is that a lampshade I see on the left side of one of your new photos? Are you toying with lamps? Do tell...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies