Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies

TG

Oh yeah, did I hear somebody say Huki, Huki, Hukilau?

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-04-27 07:13 ]

M

Guess your going big? Nice blanks

Surf's phlat!!!

Got 60' of woven Palapa for the roof yesterday......She's about finito. ready for blender noises.

Talk to ya soon brah.

Mc

TG

Just on a couple. Plans are for a 6'fter or two, couple of 5ft'ers, rest probably 4ft'ers.

Man I can't wait to get down there and surf and hang out in the new digs. Going to look rad bro'.

Spoiled! That's what you are!

Kiln dried... straight as an arrow...

I see blank canvas... get to work!

Surfed Tuesday! Shoulder high and a bit choppy... but enough to drive the line and get the glide!
Hope you FL guys get some soon!

mmmm....yummy is right, my friend. I can here those tikis screaming to be let out. Looks like fun!

Does white pine carve as smooth as palm does?

M

Smoother than a tiki's a$$!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Apr 27, 2006 9:41 AM

Yeah Dogg! I imagine half of those are already carved, aye? Man, they look nice. I can't wait to see pics of the products.

I see you have a mini-trike in there? Wanna race...my mini against yours? Maybe run for pinks? :)

-Gman

TG

Lake, spoiled is right! You know it bro. Debarked, turned and kiln dried. Nothing but love from North Florida. Go get'em. Glad you caught some Lake juice. Water temps up there now?

Carves like butta Poly. You ought to try it out.

Gman have not touched'em yet. Just got'em yesterday. Dang, you trying to rush me! I'm sure they'll keep me busy for a while;) Yeah right. Guess you didn't see the chopper in front of the trike in the pics. It has a wheelie bar on the back. I can do a wheelie as far as I like as long I do not bust my ass, which is easy to do on that one.

PEACE!

B

Can't wait G, what you waitin for?

I need some-a-that! I got more lasting injuries from debarking, than a lifetime of surfing. Go carve a log, then carve a wave!

G, so glad that the new wood is working out well for you. Have you had any problems with it checking bad. I am getting debarked , dried and turned stuff also and have had a few split really bad on me. Any tips on storing it. I have mine outside under a tarp. Look forward to seeing what comes next from the dynamic carving duo.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, May 16, 2006 7:27 PM

Bump!

Yea... come on G... whatcha hiding from us!?!?

TG

Ha Lake! Your new big tiki is looking sweet. I've been keeping up with ya. Do not have a flat bed scanner for the photo for you (Tiki Mag) and do not want to cut it out of the mag to scan it. I'll figure something out....

Hiding?, no not really. Just been working on a custom order for a much appreciated TC'er and a few other orders. Un-traditional stuff, nothing too interesting here these days.

I will post pics of this TC members new "wood carving", but not until it is delivered to him though. Have wanted to, but feel he should get first look at it. It's done, we just need to ship it. I really think he could have carved this hacked up piece of tree himself, but he really wanted me to do it for some crazy reason. It really means alot to me to have been asked to carve a tiki for someone who carves way better than I do anyway. Thanks again bro', you know who you are.

G.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-05-17 07:58 ]

M

What's Ben wantin from you bro? Maybe he thinks your going to Valhala before the rest of us, and your carves would then have significant value? lol

TG

Link below for the entire Shutterfly album........

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8IbuWbRs0aNJU

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-05-25 03:52 ]

G
GMAN posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 8:45 PM

TikiG,

That is so AWESOME! I love your tuskers! Is this the first one of those you've made from pine? If so, how did you like it? Man, I love your designs and the multi-color stain jobs you two do. High class stuff brother. Thanks for sharing this one with us. It's outrageous!!!

Gman

M

Sweet carve G. Pine is a diferent beast when compared to the Palms. This one must have taken a bit more work. It flows nicely. So, who gotz it now?

I scored a huge Sabal root ball with about 7 foot of trunk. Had a forklift literally drop it over my neighbors fence into my yard for sand removal and eventual birth.

Mahaloz

B

Sweet one Mr Gee. You have really outdone yourself on this one .Whoever the lucky TC'r is, should know he is getting a real Gem. It's nice to see some work by you for a change, we've been Missing you and Trish. Thanx for sharing.

you always do great stuff Gary....looks like you let your imagination go on this one.
I love the way it flows from top to bottom. Somebody we know is getting a nice piece.

L
Loki posted on Thu, May 25, 2006 5:40 AM

Wicked cool as usual G. Thanks for posting. I always enjoy your work. Luvin' that pine i see.

Awesome! I love the way you hollowed the space around the tusks. That really gives this tiki life. The stain is beautifull as well. In your pics - Is that a power carver you are using on that?

Yesterday upon my arrival from a bad one at my day job, I was pleasantly surprised to see this huge cardboard package on my front porch. Could it possibly be a tiki from my compadre over on the other side of the continent? well, it was.

Gary's badboy is now chillin with some of his own kind in my backyard. Thank you Gary! I know that you put in some extra effort into making me a killer one. I always enjoy spreading the wealth to other artists whose work I admire.

Once again thank you Gary, it is killer having different style tikis hanging out in the backyard making the scene.

Will

M

Mystery solved. Enjoy it bruddah. Nice Crewe you got.

Mahalo

T

Looks great. Wow. You do great work

Top notch G. That guy is so rad. Classic Badass Tiki Style with some extra stoke thrown in for good measure.

Good to see a surfer carved tiki in a surfer carver's backyard! :)

Booking Bahaia Cabana room Friday... that's where you and T are planning on staying? It is a killer little place.
Will have the longboard on the van again for a week of surf apres Hukilau on the Space Coast. JAX Beach after that.

Maybe a treat swell on Fort Lauderdale beach this year? :wink:

B

GAry that IS one Badass tiki. Like Lake said, great to carve a tiki for another surfer/tiki carver. Well Done..Proud!

TG

Will, it was great speaking with you on the phone that night. Your a very cool dude, and look forward to getting out your way one day and catching a few waves with ya. I'm stoked you are stoked with your tiki. It looks awesome chillin' in your backyard with your others. It was a pleasure to carve this for you. Thank you for allowing me to create something you felt I was worthy of doing. You see something in my carvings that many others do not. Others may not appreciate this type of tiki/carving, but thank you for letting me know that you did.

Peace bro' Will, and thanks again.

Lake, thanks man. I had fun with this one for Will. You know the vibe. Surfer to Surfer. Will understands it, that's for sure, and I'm sure you do too. Not really certain about Hukilau at this point. Kind of unsure about it to tell you the truth. I'll PM ya about it later. A trip down to Costa Rica in early November is actually another option for us. Think we might opt for that instead. Our doors are always open for you guys. It would be great if you could cruise by here on your way back from Satellite Beach for a stay. Thanks for the post bro'. Your new biggie looks rad!

Thanatos thanks alot. Your new bar is looking great. Keep up the good work. It's going to rock I'm sure!

Mctiki, yep mystery solved. Couldn't have gone to a cooler person. We're still planning on coming down. Waiting on a swell. Ya'll be good now ya here;)

Ben, thanks again. There is not much anyone can do to compare to what you do. I appreciate your confidence building post. Please tell Mrs. Sherry we said hello. Miss ya.

G. & T.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-02 07:01 ]

TD

wow man. those are some nice creations. they are all so unique. what kind of wood using?
keep them comming.

TG

Tiki Duddy, thanks alot for the compliment. I appreciate that. It is Ponderosa Pine. Easy to carve and holds a nice finish. We prefer it over palm these day's.

G.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-06-06 04:34 ]

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Jun 6, 2006 2:21 PM

G Were always good bro. We'll see ya soon for sure. Were gonna be at mile marker 80 sumtin sumtin for a week starting Thursday. We be bringin on the Mahi when we get back.

Mc

T

Tiki G.
Thought of you when i took my break and was in New Zeland. You would of loved it. Met this guy surfing. Lives on the beach and carves all afternoon. Man he was bad. Had these long boards he surfed on. Carvings were great! did everything. Ill send you pics....

TG

Tiki Road Trip last weekend down to the "McTiki's".

Mission: To Carve tikis, surf and Drink.
Mission Accomplished?: Hell Yeah! (except for the surf part)

We had an awesome time. Thanks man.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-07-08 06:25 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-10-19 06:02 ]

B

NOW We're Talkin'.. Lady G has the right idea while you are up there carving and sweating, she has a cold one relaxin in the pool. Long time no see, Welcome back.
I Love your tiki bar too.
HAPPY HAPPY

TG

Ben these were actually taken down in Merrit Island at the "McTikis" last weekend. Trish and I did a little road trip down for the weekend for a little R&R. Did a little carving, a little drinking and a lot of chillin'.

Thanks to the McTikis for having us there. We had an awesome time. The place is very cool and relaxing. Thank god for the pool. We were sweating like dogs. I'd carve a little, rinse off, hop in da pool, get out, and carve some more.

Have some more pics to post, just can't get to them right now. You beat me to the punch before I could finish my post. How did you know I posted them?

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-07-07 10:39 ]

B

Benzart Magic!

TG

Ben, I should have known;) Your wizardry is exquisite.

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Jul 8, 2006 1:52 PM

Yo Gary! Ahoy! Glad to see you mixing some R&R in with your work. Nice to have you around again!

-Gman

TG

Thanks G. Sorry I've been so scarce lately. Been keeping up with your works though. Your stuff is looking really good. I hope you have been enjoying the rail. Ya gonna watch the fighting challenge tonight????

R

Bump.

Didnt feel like carving today. Thought about playing around on the computer , Went thru Tiki G's thread. Heading out to the garage right now!!!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Aug 3, 2006 3:58 PM

Yep Rodeo, Gary and Trish make some killer stuff. I always swing through here to look at his pics. I'm a huge fan of his style and use of stain. Additionally, he has a killer sense of business! Go Gary go!!!

TG

Thanks Rodeo and Gman for the props. Hope things are well with you guys. It's always to nice to receive a little attention every now and then. We've been busy working on this and that. Nothing too special, just keeping the chips flying. Been way too hot for much of anything. Be cool (in both ways) and thanks again.

Hey, Gary! Great to see you & McTiki hanging out & carving. We've had a few of those sessions out here and sure it beats hanging out on-line any day. Always great to see the local carvers' thing happening. Great to see pictures too - been missing your carvings lately.

Cheers!

A-A

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Sep 14, 2006 6:28 PM

Bump...badass!

TG

AA, thanks for the post. Sorry for the delayed reply. Did not realize it was there till Gman bumped it up. Thanks G.

Not much here, just wanted to drop a note and post a pic taken down at "Benzart's Pad" the weekend before last. Trish and I drove down to Merritt Island to hang out with the "Mctiki's" again, and also managed to squeeze in a short trip down to visit with Ben for a few hours. Needless to say, we came back with an even greater respect for this man than we already had. It was awesome sitting and listening to his stories and seeing pictures of his carving past. Amazing the amount of talent this one man holds, not just for carving tikis, but for ANYTHING he put's his mind to. We also learned a few lessons (x-trade secrets) from Ben with some of his tools of choice. Cool seeing how his choice of tools work for him to do what he does. Also, being the nice generous person that he is, we managed to get loaded up with a few pieces of aerated concrete, and some very nice blanks of Mahogany to try our hand's at some smaller, finger cutting stuff.

Ben thanks again. We had a very nice visit with you. We will surely be back again one day, and this time we're dragging Mctiki down with us;)

M

Now that's a fine photo there for sure G!

Mahalo

McTiki

B

Thanks G.

Notice that Electric Glow around us all? All I can say is that it was Magic!

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Sep 18, 2006 4:05 PM

Gary,

Nice to see ya back on the forum. Any chance you would post some pics of some resent chops? I'm starving for a peek at a few of your carvings. Just a little peek?

-Gman

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies