Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies

Tiki G.,

Sweet looking tiki! I love the snarling animated look. It seems like most of your tikis are out of your head. That is how I like it.

Will

C

great tiki...nice pair of feet!

TG

Thanks Freddie....Shoot, I can't even hardly get her close to the computer. I do all the computer stuff. Guess her "posting" will be done at the Hukilau!

SCtiki, thanks as well. Yeah your right. Most of my carvings are out of my head. I just draw it and then hack at it. I like being a little more creative rather than copying something that's been carved over and over and over sometimes......not that there is anything wrong with that. That surf still cold out there?

Aaron, I'm always trying to change things up if I can. I have different styles I bounce between to keep things fresh in my head. Thanks alot. I wish you could make it down to the Hukilau too. Maybe next year!

Congatiki, I appreciate the comment. Thanks. Yeah the feet are something a little different for me. Trish my girlfriend said they looked like" Talons"??? I said, uh excuse me, they're feet. Oh well......

R

That has to be one of the most bad ass tiki's youve done yet .

Niiiiice!
Looks like a masterpiece to me. I really your design on this one. R ya gonna stain 'er?

TG

Thanks Rodeo, I appreciate that, but hold your words till you see what's going down to the Hukilau....I have something that is pretty badass I cut up especially for the event. It's badass in it's own Tiki G. way. Maybe not to others, but I dig it. It's different that's for sure.....I'll post pics when we get back. Gotta save something for surprise!

Hey did you ever finish up that Lono mask?

TG

Surfintiki, mucho gracious amigo! Yep slapped some on her last night as a matter of fact. I slammed it around on the floor, in the saw dust pile, then dropped it a few times as well. Re-sanded some of the stain because I saw some obtrusive sanding marks that just urked me that you cannot see till you stain. Nothing like doing things twice. I always said I ran a "do and re-do" department.

F

Way to shift gears and go in a totally dif direction. You definately hit the after burner for this design

Damn, Gary...you're an industry, man...I feel like the whole world has blown by me at breakneck speed! That's a helluva tiki on 10!!

TG

Flacookz thanks. Yeah I have tried all kinda directions here latley. My mind flutters at times. I like mixing it up! Your stuff is looking really good as well. The skull tiki is cool. Keep it up!

B.K., Glad to see you back around. Thanks for the compliment. Mucho Gusto. I've been working hard since your departure. I've learned a few things, carved different styles, and made a few dollars for the effort. It's been fun. We all miss seeing what masterpieces you come up with. This new one you are working on is going be jake I know. Looking forward to meeting you down at Hukilau if you make it.

G.

TG

Looks like we have another Tiki Carver in the family!!! "Makayla Suzanne Chapman". Born yesterday. Guess I am officially old now........Just wanted to share.

Grandpa G. better know as "G-Pah"!

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2005-09-16 09:28 ]

M

Congradulations GPAH! Well done. As long as you surf, you will never be old.

Very cool. Congrats to you and your family.

That's your best work yet. Congratulations!

In my confussion I thought she was yours. You don't look all that old.

[ Edited by: Raffertiki 2005-09-16 19:05 ]

What a beautiful grandaughter! Congrats - you must be a proud old man!

S

And here I thought I was getting old! I got a ways to go in that field. My daughter is only 7.
A true and hearty congratulations from the Seamus clan! I'll smoke (another) cigar in your honor and get started on my next round of MaiTais right away. Best wishes to your family.

Congratulations!
They say Grandkids are the reward for not eating your own.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Sep 17, 2005 7:09 AM

Congratulations dude! Thats a cute lookin baby.

Love that big tiki too. The mouth on it just blows me away. Cool. Cant wait to see it all stained up :)

[ Edited by: hewey 2005-09-17 07:12 ]

TG

Thanks alot everyone for the warm wishes. Everythings fine! Feels weird being a grandfather;) Life is a wonderful thing......

Looks like we will be making Hukilau for sure now. She was originally due end of September. I was just sure she would be late and go into labor the weekend of Hukilau and I would not be able to make it. So all is well. Trish and I are finishing up some stuff we will be bringing down. Been working pretty hard at it. From the looks of it we're not the only ones!

B

My what a cute little bundle of Joy! Congrats gramps. Did you ever think you would be a grandpa so young?
Don't let her distract you from your work now..

TG

Thanks alot Ben. No I did not think so. 43 years old and a G-Pa? Who would have thought. Let's see...If I get her on a surfboard at 5 years old, we'll be paddling out together for years to come. That's quality time! Hell I won't even be 50 yet!!!! That's a good thing.

Uh, baby sitting will be minimal....carving time maximal.

G.

Yeah Granpa-G! Your finest creation yet!! Congratulations.

[ Edited by: surfintiki 2005-09-20 16:43 ]

S

Congratulations! Sept 15th what a great day (that's my birthday too)!

Congratulations, I know you will pass your incredible talent down on to your grandchild. We love your work.
Annie & Wes

TG

The wahine Tiki T. decides to carve a 24"x6" pillar candle for the Hukilau......I say...ok? Have at it. What a girl. She helps out in her own way....Looks as good as what I could have done! This will be for sell at the Hukilau along with some other stuff she has been working on. She rocks.......Final pictures to follow.

R

Wow , that is great. I have heard of using candles to make molds for mugs and ceramics. Carefull G she might take over your shop on ya ...

M
McTiki posted on Sat, Oct 1, 2005 5:13 PM

Awesome Tiki T!!! (You should make a mold from that one so's you could lower your price for the little peeps on this site.....like us) Sweet design. Has Gary proposed yet?

TG

Aahah Rodeo and MC.....you guys are too funny. You know you could be right.... Maybe I should keep my secrets to myself! She has been working really hard to bring something to the Hukilau on her own beside what I have to offer.

Thanks for the props for her. She's too timid to post on here, so I do it for her because I'm proud. She reads them though, so thanks. Trish in the house!!!

MC, three years last Wednesday actually. Who knnows what the future holds. I could not ask for a better chica though that's for sure.....What a trooper.

Thanks again,

G.

It looks like Tiki T is making a move to be the Alpha carver. Nice stuff!

B

Look out TikiG, you may end up having to do your Own Sanding and gringing. Mrs TikiT is headed down the road of Tiki carving fulfillment. I have been watching your work ma'am and you are making Steady progress ,as is Mr g.
What a Pair.

TG

Benz, Raffer, Rodeo, MC,

Gentleman, Aloha,
Thank you, for your kind words. As a "Wahini" that busts butt.....to be acknowledged in any way is greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting all the wonderful individuals Tiki G. has been talking about for the last few years. May I only aspire to sit in the shadows of the Masters, and I will SMILE!!!!

TG

Welp, two days before departure to the Hukilau. We can't seem to figure out whether we are ready with everything or not. Finally had to say tonight we are done....Thank God.

Thanks everyone for the props for "T.". Without my looking....she posted finally after 3 years..... I think she's proud of her stuff. I know I am. You made her feel good.

Thanks again you guy's. See you at Hukilau!

G.

R

"T" Do you have a sister or a clone ? Glad to see you decided to post. We all look fowared to you next creations. Someone Buy her and G a maitai for me at Hukilau

TG

Dang Rodeo, fastest reply ever next to Kalikis a couple of days ago! I appreciate that brother. She'll look again, I'm sure..... She does it all for me. That's what means the most to me. True to the heart.

Thanks man,

G.

TG

Just wanted to share an update on one of the tikis I posted earlier that was not finished. This one along with others will be driving down to the Hukilau today. Hopefully they will be taking us along for the ride...

Full details and pics on everything taken to the Hukilau when I return.

Hope to see you there!

I love the depth in that one G. That's not Palm, what kind of wood is that?
One good thing (the only thing) 'bout not being at the Hukilau, we're getting huge waves here this weekend, predicted up to 15 feet!
Sorry I won't get to meet you this time around, as Benz says, next year will be huge...50th anniversary Hukilau=I'm there!

R

The multi colored stain is kick ass. Thanks for sharing the finished carving.

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Oct 7, 2005 4:30 PM

That so rocks! Man would I like to get my hands on that one! Way to go!

Fine work on that guy, Tiki G. A cool lady you have there too.

Definitely one of your finest, Tiki G.

WHAt up G? AWESOME carvings. It's nice to have tiki t in it with you - you guys make a great carving pair I'm sure. You have fun and sell tones o' tikis at huki?

TG

First off i want to say thanks to a couple of post that were made while we were gone.

Surfintiki, Thanks alot. That tiki is white pine. The waves bailed on us for the Hukilau, but that's ok. We had so much fun and stuff going on there really wasn't much time for me to even surf. You gotta go next year. It's the best time!

Rodeo, Thanks alot for the compliment on the tiki. It was well appreciated at the event.

GMAN, much thanks as well! Your tikis are really looking good these days. Got your own style kicki'n and everything. Way to go man.......

Sam Gambino, It's nice to hear you liked this one. Thank you. Yeah Trish is a pretty cool chick. I think she made a BUNCH of new friends at Hukilau!

Aaron, thanks man. The little Lono you are finishing up is rad as hell! Can't wait to see it finished.

Polynesiac, ok, explain something to me here. I keep looking at post from "PolynesianPop" & "Polynesiac"...are these both you. I think so, but I may be wrong. If this is Poly-POP who I now know personally and had the best time in the world hanging out with laughing my ass off at the Hukilau....I say WhAt uP Adrian!!! Where's that "thing"? You know what I'm taking about......If not I say thanks alot as well. We were very pleased with our reception at Hukilau. "Tiki T" & I do make a good team I feel. We worked hard this weekend, but still had fun doing it!!

Ok....I wanted to let things get a little back to normal after we returned from Hukilau 2005 before I posted anything. Have sooo much to say and pictures to share with you. I do want to post a couple of pictures for now that really mean alot to me. Take a look and you will see why. Such a pleasure and an honor.

Mr. Ben Davis and his Beautiful wife Sherry.

Aloha tiki G!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great meeting you at the Hukilau!! I love your stuff! keep slaying the wood> Aloha mooney

B

Yes you really out did yourself with this last tiki. Love the stain job too. Excellent tiki.
How did you get those pictures without breaking your camera?

P

Get back to work on my Moai.
No time for lollygaggin' and all that wave ridin'.
:wink:

Dude, your stuff had a lot of mana and I dug it.

But you let someone steal my Moai!

C'mon man - do another.
That black finish was outta site.

TG

Mooney it was good to finally just chat with you before we were pulling out. You have a great vibe about you. Your tikis were rockin' as well. That big one was just beyond rad! How heavy was that thing? Thanks again. Next year will be even better.......

Ben thanks, that one tiki was fun. Yeah my old camera has taken some punishment, but not from you two...funny! (Hah, I did not even catch what you were saying about my camera breaking, so I had to edit this post) Time to exchange it for a little better one for sure though..... Wasn't the Hukilau a blast! We are still floating around thinking about it. It seems to be all we have been talking about since we returned:) What a pleasure it was talking with you. I had so much to ask, but did not want to tie you up. It always seemed there was a line of people just waiting to speak to you. I loved what Sherry said about "Dust is better then Tar"! She's adorable.

Pablus, Sorry about that. The couple that took him home was standing in front of us when you said that on stage and they just turned around and smiled. There will be one with your name on it next year unless you can't wait;) It was a pleasure meeting you and your friendly smile. Trish and I really appreciate the CD you gave us. Thank you. It's awesome. You guys sounded great. The whole band was friendly and supportive of us and I was glad we had a chance to chat a bit. Thank again.......

B

Hey Tiki G, where and when was this pic taken, it is Cool

Gary, It was nice to finally meet the man (and woman) behind the work. You carve 'em faster than I can think. And that's a good thing, I think. Hopefully we'll have more time to chat next time.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies