Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies

On 2005-07-27 08:13, McTiki wrote:
WE are going there. Bringing a longboard just in case.

I'll be traveling with the longboard also!

Nice work G as usual... don't work too hard!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Jul 28, 2005 4:11 PM

I love your work, their badass...

Pretty sweet there G. Hmmm Lauderdale in the summer...can you say FLAT! Well, with my luck, I won't bring a board, and it'll be 6' and peeling.

O

your stuff looks as good as usual G.

On 2005-07-28 17:23, surfintiki wrote:
Pretty sweet there G. Hmmm Lauderdale in the summer...can you say FLAT! Well, with my luck, I won't bring a board, and it'll be 6' and peeling.

Last year I thought the same thing... as I sat inside selling tikis there were guys outside surfing clean waist to chest with offshores right in front of the Radisson...

Well, there was this little storm on the way that day too...

Nontheless... its fall technically and I've always gotten some sort of swell in Florida in the fall...

I say Bring the Board!

TG

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the delayed reply. Just finishing up some more stuff. Thought I would share some pics...Hukilau here we come! Does everyone get as dirty as I do stripping logs? (see third pic)...Same logs from start to finish on the two.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2005-08-03 07:09 ]

TG

Oh yeah.....I hope it looks like this below when we get to the Hukilau. If it does, I won't be selling much stuff.... Time to close shop! That would be me in Costa Rica. Longboard of course.....

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2005-08-03 07:40 ]

B

Nice new work Tg.The angle grinder will nasty you up just a bit too. People dot't understand how you can carve in flip-flops, but shoes and socks gather and Hold al those palm splinters forever. and the sandal shakes right out. See you at Hukilau

TG

Ha Ben! Flip flops forever.......I just rinse my feet off with the water hose, splinters and all!

Thanks Ben, looking forward to it.

Nice work on the latest Lono. Awesome as usual.

Classic Tiki G style. Looking pretty good . Gotta love getting that dirty.

F

I'm a flop carver 2 easier to clean up.

Great work. especially the fangs.

great style tiki g. keep up the good work.

TG

Thanks Rodeo, Cookz and Marcus. Plugging away.......

It's still fun.

G.

T

Man great stuff as always. Still love my tap handle!

TG

Thanks Thanatos. Hope things are well. How many times have you pulled it!

G.

T

WHOA... Wait as minute thats kinda personal.. oh the tap handle.. 2 beer kegs and my newest fun. I can modoiy a keg so you can refill it.. ahhhhh 15.5 gals of Tropical Drinks... We need to hook up in Oct

H
hewey posted on Sun, Aug 7, 2005 7:10 AM

Awesome carvings man. I somehow missed that nice lookin rod along the way too. Very nice on all fronts

C

Hey Tiki G.
Cool shots of Costa. Looks like you caught some nice peelers!
Tiki are looking cool as always!
Keep those feet clean :D
Cheers bro,
Chongolio

M

Gary-
I just spent the last hour veiwing your 200+ photo's from your website. Oh My Gosh!! Your work is amazing!!
I see you go to Red Bank Jazz Festival in Red Bank, NJ.
Do you go there every year??
If so I need to start saving now so I can buy enough Tiki's to fill our truck.
Thank you very much for sharing your fine work!
Annie & Wes

TG

Thanks Hewey. Built that sucker from the ground up...Chopped top and all.

Chongo, those are just a few of the many. I always seem to score when I go down there. Thanks. I'm jones'n.....

Moondance, Thanks as well....I think I need to condense that photo album. It's beginning to grow a little;)

This is the first year we were at the Redbank Jazz Festival. My galfriends family lives in Point Pleasant and Asbury Park. We kinda made it a "working" vacation. We are going to head back next year again for sure. The festival coordinators really loved our stuff and set-up. I think we have the best set-up spot in the place looking out at the river. Very cool. Hope to see you there next time!

TG

Hey Lake & Chongolio it's HERE. This is what I'm talkin' about for the Hukilau!!! Keep praying.... The Irene swell has arrived and is getting bigger as the day goes on. Suppose to max out around head high I think. Sessions in order all weekend. Carving on hold....Suppose to be waves for days. I'll catch a few for ya to hold you over till October....

Couple of shots below I snagged off of a local surf report while I'm sitting here at work keeping an eye on the bouys. The last one is from a distance, but it gives you a clue on the set sizes. Thank you Tropical Storm Irene, I love you......

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2005-08-12 09:42 ]

Which website is that?

TG
J

Hey I live Virginia, about 10 minutes from the ocean. I know we will get some good waves also, thank god( I mean Irene). I will grab my longboard and hit the beach now, yippee. Thank god I live near water.

NICE! Thanks for the shots! We got waves happenin here in Mass. too. I was so sore from surfin all day yesterday, I could hardly work today! Hurricane season is HERE, wooooOOO.
I used to live in Fla, so always great to see shots from there. Lived in Lauderdale...Jupiter...Melbourne, surfed in almost every town up the east coast there. Go tiki G!

Nice Gary!

I've been watching Irene out there chugging along and wondering who was going to get surf... looks like the Outer Banks will get a nice swell this weekend too.

This is the way the whole season should go... let 'em stay out there and send the waves in...

The second shot looks like a good fall day here on the lakes... fun stuff!

Get some for me... I'll be carving this weekend and looking forward to some salty swells in October!

TG

Well I paddled out Saturday morning and to everyone's surprise the swell was just not what everyone was expecting after Friday's pulse, 2-3' and dumping inside. The bouys were on the decline and it just sucked. I surfed for only 45 minutes with disgust. Went home and decided the swell was ungrateful to me and short lived. Later that evening it was even smaller.....

BUT, woke up Sunday morning and checked the online report and man was I surprised (and everyone else as well) the swell picked up again overnight and we received a 3'-5' secondary swell off of Irene. I bolted to the ocean to find chest to shoulder-head high glassinesss.....Oh man, we were freaking. Surfed for 3-1/2 hours straight catching long nose rides and little barrels. Sore today. Necks out, face sunburnt, arms sore, but feeling good Irene kept up to her promise. Hope the rest of you guys scored some juice as well. We're saving a special storm in waiting for you Lake when you get here! It's got your name all over it I hope.

Few pics from late Sunday morning below:

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2005-08-15 09:14 ]

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 7:32 PM

You need to get a pick of some longboards on that rod, would look cool.

I need to have a go at this surfing caper...

M

Nice Stuff G! Yeah, we watched the swell come up and subside too. My daughter wanted to go out Sunday and I decided to mud the waterfall instead. (Vertical cement work is a craft I now highly respect)I'll post pics on a diferent thread. Hewey! You live in Oz and have never surfed? Oh my. Bueller, Bueller?

Mahalos

McTiki

T

Looks like fun...

ST

Great pic's. We scored over head surf down on the Outer banks Saturday. You know it's good when the pro's are showing up. I'd post some pic's but haven't figured out how yet.

I'm jealous, all you East Coasters are stoked, It has been flat over here in Santa Cruz for weeks. What happened to the West Coast having the big waves? This morning I was groveling in two foot surf, but fortunately I managed to squeak in a few good ones.

I think that we should have a tiki carving/surfing get away for Tiki Centralites who partake in these two activities. Costa Rica would be a nice venue. Just think about how nice it would be to go for a morning surf and then let the creative juices flow by carving. Following this up with another surf and then some frosties would be my idea of a good time.

But then again maybe I am living in a pipe dream. We are all artists, therefore starving.

Will

ST

For all of my freshwater surfing tikiphile brethren: Surfline posted a notice for the Second Annual Great Lakes Surfing Luau. Check it out here: http://forums.surfline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23618

Pura Vida

Yep... that's my buddy Ryan's store. I'll be at the luau Saturday with tons of tikis and the forecast is for 4-6 foot out of the NW this weekend! Grab your board!

Anyone in the Midwest who isn't attending the HRHH in Columbus should check out our luau in New Buffalo, MI... pig roast, killer surf bands and a private screening of "Unsalted."

Now... back to Tiki G's thread about tikis!

Hey! If there's surf at Hukilau, we need to all hook up and get in the water at the same time!

M

Count me in. I'll be the fat balding guy on a fresh 8.0 Fish WRV. SPF120, No paddle gloves!!! lol

WOOOOOOOOOOO
Good waves again yesterday folks. Here's some snaps I took yesterday, after I dragged myself out of the water...

[ Edited by: surfintiki 2005-08-22 14:49 ]

M

Nice pics. Bummer you gotta wear even a spring suit in August though. I wouldn't trade my bathwater for nuttin.

Just waiting for a swell.

Yeah, I miss the palm trees too. And I REALLY miss the palm trees for carving! Now I carve wave faces.

TG

Dang Surfintiki, how did I miss these pics.......Man that looks fun! I bet you had a blast. Yeah the wetsuit sucks though, but oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do! Bet Mississippi scored some juice yesterday............

Thanks for sharing.

TG

Just wanted to share a "sneak peek" of one of the pieces I have been working on for the Hukilau.

I have been a slacker posting lately, but I have been keeping up with everyone's progress. Great job everyone. Good to see B.K. back and Benz's Maori....wow.

Trish and I have been literally "busting ass" for the last couple of weeks straight, carving and building things. Only three free weekends left for us to get things ready for the trip down to Ft. Lauderdale. Looking forward to meeting lot's of peoples.

Trish carving on a Tap Handle yesterday.........

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2005-09-06 06:55 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-02 06:49 ]

Lookin' good G. I like that chevy you built and posted a pic of a while back.

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Sep 6, 2005 8:42 AM

Too rainy here this weekend to do anything.

Nice full body 'G' Deep lines and features. Palm wood?

What's Trish listening to?

See yahs soon!

Mahalo

B

Lookin mighty Fine TikiG. This is another best for you. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us at Hukilau.

TG

Diablo, much thanks. I loved that car. I put alot of work into it. I actually sold it a few years ago to help buy my home, but I think a tail draggin' sled is definitely in store next.

McTiki, Thanks alot. This one is white pine, as most of the tikis I will be bringing down are. Kinda rainy here, NE, but the waves are up. No time for that though.... That would be a "Love & Rockets" tape I do believe she had in the deck. You know, "No New Tales to Tell",......Old skool 80's is what we dig probably the most. Cure, Smith's, Fixx, etc....

Thanks Ben. I have a couple to drag down, but most are just hack jobs! Hell, Trish has more stuff done than I do. See you there!

So, when's Trish gonna start posting her work? :D

Loooking great, Gary. It seems like you've been changing things up a bit lately. Wish I could make it to Hukilau to meet you & your tikis in person.

Aaron

Oh, I forgot to say, that Tiki is incredible! I'd love to see something like that as the support pillar for the side of an A-frame porch.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies