Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

~~~~ Tiki G. ~~~~

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies

TG

Thanks G-Man.....coming soon;) You know it. Appreciate the PM.

Surf-n-Turf......thanks alot. It's funny, alot of people see these Pine, horned, inter-twining fanged, child eating wood carvings and call them just that. These are out of my head, not like copying something out of a book that has been carved time and time again. I call them tikis, but with a different twist. They're fun to carve. I like'em. Thanks for noticing. Most of the carvings you have seen are palm, but the nicer, more traditonal looking ones are Ponderosa White Pine. I have some Cedar to crank out and a few pieces of Spruce.

Keep up the good works, stay in touch.

G.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Feb 13, 2006 6:38 AM

If Tiki G touches it, it's TIKI. Period.

-Gman

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Feb 20, 2006 6:55 AM

Bump

TG

Well, long time no post..... Here are a couple of new one's we are working on at the moment. Despite all the other "homeowner" stuff we have been dealing with lately, this is what we have managed to muster up. Will post pics of finished products soon.....Good to be back;) G.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-16 10:40 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-16 10:41 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-16 10:41 ]

Those are lookin' crisp! Very tight. Nice combo idea on the right, always good to see a new twist like that. A Tangaroan-Maori! But I have to say I'm a sucker for the Marq on the left. Is that a hint of tongue between the teeth? Cool. Gonna stain 'em? Doesn't look like your standard palm, whadja use?

B

Sweet work. Love the combo, and that marq is sick!!

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 5:44 PM

Gary,

Very sweet stuff my man! The Marq is wikkid and the Maroi combo is killer. Is this the pine you had trucked in? It looks like a dream to work with. Very stylin' post. I'm looking forward to seeing your stain job on these bad boys. Thanks so much for posting.

-Gman

J

Both of them look perfect.

I know you havn't posted a lot since I've been here but I am glad you are back.

JP

P

I too am a fan of the left totem. That's wicked sweet, man. Can't wait to see the stain job.

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 6:30 PM

Classic. It seems people are branching out and try their hands at other styles. I love these. The one of the left is my fav. I have seem a couple and the legs weren't right but these all fit with itself top to bottm. Nothing out of place.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-03-06 18:31 ]

H
hewey posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 6:47 PM

Love both of those guys. Very cool, very clean execution. Nice

G!!!!! I'm diggin' your style, I love both of these new ones. yes, very crisp, yes, very tight, but there's something else...I just can't put my finger on it...that makes it yours. I've always been a fan of the upper maori with the moko, I really dig that style.
Nice job! are these for sale? for a custom order? or for your pad?

Solid G... as always.
Super clean.

Tiki G, Welcome back,with a big bang. Beautiful work on both piece's. Thank's for helping me get started back in Oct. without you Aaron and Ben, I'd still be makin' keychains.

TG

Thanks alot everyone......Bargoyle, JohnnyP., PockyTiki, teaKEY, Hewey, Lake, tfisherart. It's getting hard to keep up around here these days because of all the awesome work guys like you and many others on here are putting out. You are the one's that deserve all the oooh's and the aaaah's. Trish and I just do our thing, but we work hard at it, and work together at it. She deserves just as much praise as I. Trish A.K.A. "SANDER GIRL", and stain and poly girl........

Surfintiki, Yeah that is suppose to be a tongue;) It's White Pine and they're going to get stained up real good. Thanks alot bro. Hang Loose;)

Gman, Yeah these two are from that (60)ft of White pine I had shipped in from Montana a few weeks ago. These two were only (9)ft of it;) Used some for a few others as well. More to come though. Your latest two are looking jake. Thanks Greg.

Polynesiac, I appreciate your post very much. I like carving the Maori and the Marqs. Trying to get them down in my own way without copying everyone else's, which is hard to do with traditional style tikis to me since they already look all alike. Ok., since you asked (and everyone knows I do not agree with using this forum as a selling tool) the answer is yes, these will be for sell on my website soon. That's all I have to say about that. Keep up the good works yourself. Thanks again Poly.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-03-07 11:52 ]

B

Well Gee, TikiG and Trish, These guys look Awesome, but couldn't you do something a bit more traditional here?. What a pleasure it is for you to go from palm to pine. I'm guessing you don't want to touch another splinter log for as long as you live. I am Really glad you are caught up on Your home work, now you can come help me with mine?. It is Very nice to see you guys carving and posting again, and with such Spectaculer pieces, what'cha gonna do for an encore??
HappyHappyHappy Happy

TG

Thanks Ben. We have felt like such slackers here lately when we do not get dirty with tiki stuff. Good to be back in the dust. You are right Sir, NO MORE SPLINTERS, or MOLD, or HEAVY LOGS, or STRIPPING, or HARVESTING, or ROTTEN WOOD and on, and on. Have seen many pieces on here that deserve all the recognition they received, your's especially. You keep the bar up. We just try to keep up.

C

wonderful work TikiG....perfect....i would be proud as punch to have either one of these...
looking forward to the finishing touches....congratulations and welcome back to posting.

Aloha Tiki G and Trish!!!!!!!!
Welcome back my friends!!!!!!!!!
Boy could you go any bigger with those Aweasome pieces!!!!!!!!!!! They are SWEET, i love the super clean lines and such clean wood. Killer carvings my friend keep having fun.
I'm glad that your both back making dust, keep the chips flying and mahalo for sharing with us , Aloha for now your friend , Mooney

Those are great. Keep carving and I'm sure you'll find you own style - just as you did with you "original" tikis.

M
McTiki posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2006 9:05 AM

Wow! Out of the darkness comes the The G&W team with smokin marques!!! When are ya waxin up the sticks and coming down? Or have ya been hangin w/ the hoity toity up in Jax?

I've been wondering when we'd hear from you guys again, and with beautiful pieces.

TG

Thanks to Congatiki, Mooney, AlohaStation, Raffer & Mctiki for the nice replies. Thanks guy's. I have enjoyed seeing your works lately as well. Great stuff. Yeah it's been a little while, but we're getting busy with it once again.

McTiki, the water will be warming up soon. Will be headed your way to catch some down south juice in the near future. Wetsuitless hopefully.

You always remind me that Punk Rock lives on, Gary! Those are keepers. Or slightly pricier sellers! The Florida Tongaroa/Maori stacker brings one of the old Cypress Gardens tikis to mind...the one in the reeds on the boat tour...not a lot of it left but it was great when it was in better condition. You're a powerhouse, man. With a powerhouse woman!

TG

Thanks alot B.K. We appreciate that. Never seen the tiki you speak of and probably never will, but I will certainly take your word for it. I hear it's closing. Is that right? Yeah it's nice having someone to help, especially if it's your own chica;)

TG

Bunch of pics here of the finished up Marq, Tang/Maori combo, a new fanger carving, and more......

After carving tap handles for everyone else, we decided we needed OUR own beer kegerator, so we built one;)

Trish testing out the new product. Nice having cold beer on tap while your working;)

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-08-16 10:50 ]

J

You two are a terrific team. Someday I have to see your stuff in person.
JP

Tiki G, Man, Nice Stuff. I like the Marq guy alot. I really need to find some logs with that size diameter for sure.

L
Loki posted on Mon, Mar 13, 2006 5:58 AM

Tiki G,
That pine sure looks good. And its nice to see the Fang style back in the pics. Keep at it, we love to see your progress.

I love the kegerator. That is something i've always wanted to do. Tikified Kegerator, love it.

G, you're definitely, without a doubt, at the top of your game. Thanks for sharing.

Without a doubt these are some of your best. The 2 new ones are my favorites. One question do you use paint or flame for your tikis?

B

Excellent job there guys, Mr G, I see you left the finishing to the Pro, and a Pro job she did. Awesome work, 3 Faangtastic pieces. BOY, have I Missed your posts.
HappyHappyHappy

Gee Gary, that looks rough. Sunshine, beer, a hottie helping you out... its 40 degrees here and I'm stuck working in the basement studio!

Seriously good work there. So clean... you're a master of your style.

This fall after Huki I'll have to come by and we'll knock a couple tikis out in your backyard... that is if the waves are not up!

And check your PM... I sent you one a week ago!

Keep up the great work!

You have the life of Riley, man. And the prolificity, too!

Tiki G.,

Sweet, I wish I lived on the other side of the continent so I can check out your work in person.
They are super epic and I love the way you are using different stains to create color dimensions. Hopefully, you have been getting some waves. I have been braving freezing temperatures lately to get my wave fix, thank god for modern wetsuits.

Will

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Mar 14, 2006 4:44 PM

Gary and Trish,

Most excellent stuff. Your staining jobs are tops. That adds to the already amazing carvings. You two rule! The kegerator is a sweet appliance. I wish I still drank :) I hope you turn it all quickly and get that shipment of logs paid for up front :wink: so you can buy some bling bling with the rest. Enjoy!

BTW - I found a sand rail and am giving it some thought. If you have advice, please bring it on.....I'll give you my # if you PM me.

-Gman

Hey Tiki G...Greetings from Venice! I am new to TC but have have been carving and sampling rum drinks for years. Your work is way cool! If I make it to Florida, I will most definitely see your wares in person. Keep posting the great pix...by the way, that beer tap/bar would look mighty nice out here on the west coast!

Beachnik

AlohA Tiki G and Trish!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope all is well with you Two!!!!
Your carvings are Aweasome my friend! I love your style it all has such a Great flow. Im glad your back my friend (those darn house chores, I'm in the midst of my own down here). Keep slaying the wood and having fun and Mahalo for sharing with us all, Aloha my friend,Aloha , Mooney

B

So glad to see you guys posting new work again. These new guys are bowling us over. Keep up the great work. I Wonder if that Kegerator has anything to do with ti??

TG

A little late on the thank you's everybody, sorry about that. I appreciate all your replies.

Thanks go to:

JohhnyP.
tikiobayli
Loki
J.T.

Keep up the awesome works yourself. I see what goes on on here. Never missed.

AlohaStation, I use paint and darker stains, never flame. Too charcoaly for my liking. It smears in Trish's poly.

Benzart, yeah she's the sand, stain, poly pro now. I've been replaced. Must be the kegerator, or what's in it;)

LakeSurfer, thanks I did receive your PM. Getting back with you bro. No disrespect to you. Thanks for the PM.

B.K., Life of Riley huh;) Yeah I'd like to think so, but I'm not so sure of that;)

ScTikiShack, Thanks, not much in the way of waves here lately. Glad you've been scoring out there. Been keeping up with it on Surfline the last month or two...

G-man, Thanks again. yep paid for them already. The Sandrail rocks!

Beachnik, Venice huh. Is that where muscle beach is??? I appreciate your reply.

Mooney, as always....thanks.

Back to work now.............More pics soon.

B

More Beautiful stuff from Mr and Mrs G. Love the Moai Mug Refrig MAgnet and the Whole refrig for beer is absolutely Killer. Thats the way to go.

T

I see that you sold that great tiki with the tongue out. Just business as usually.

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Apr 2, 2006 6:58 AM

Gary,

What's happening with Team Tiki over there in JAX? It's almost festival time, yes? Where are you heading this year? Please post pics from your travels as you have time.

How is that new wood supplier treating you? Is the product comparable to the other trucked-in product? I hope all is well.

-Gman

Bump!

Tiki G... styling with a style all his own...

Hope the wood chips are flying!

TG

Sorry, I somehow missed these last few post.

Thanks Ben. The fridge magnet was one Cindy a.k.a. "Crash" made and gave to us at the Hukilau. Looks good on the beer fridge! She's really cool and talented. You can check out her website at: http://www.cindyraschke.com

Teaky thanks. Yep sold it. Business as usual I guess, but it's not all business with us. It's more "fun". I do still get enjoyment out of it.

Gman, what's kickin! Yeah the new white pine log supply should be here in a day or two (hopefully) Going to be busy. Decided to can the first festival of the year so far for us. Too busy to even mess with it. Get that rail fixed yet????????

Lake, sure appreciate the bump. It's kinda easy to get lost around here these days unless you post something EVERY day. I got your PM thanks. Getting back to you on that. Surfed some small 2-1/2 ft clean groundswell last Friday/Saturday. Was kinda fun. Water temp 68. I skinned it and it felt sweet.

Awesome stuff! Love the different stain techniques! Mahalo!

hey Tiki G. sent yuh a pm bout some palm trees being cut down here in jacksonville if yuh want em.

TG

New arrival's.....Yummy. (8) 8' x 9" diameter white pine logs.

Thanks Hodad from a previous reply. Glad you like.

[ Edited by: Tiki G. 2006-04-27 06:58 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 370 replies