Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 243 replies

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Jan 26, 2006 6:00 PM

Ona,

That looks great as is. Maybe hit it with something to protect it, but not change the color much? Maybe only a light colored stain? Any way you finish it will still look great. Very nice.

-Gman

okay...this can't all be coming from one guy....the lamps...more tikis than you can shake a stick
at....the panels...the yard...the drum....way too much talent...you must be a direct descendant of
tiki!

B

M0st Excellent Tiki mr ONO.I just don't know what to say about all these awesome tikis ever since you got the FlexcutBig tools. They seemed to have turned you on in a big way.
I'm stuck working on Small logs here now so I guess I need a set of those Big Mallet tools. Here I am working on my little log

By the way, Yes that IS the Ona Tiki Bar Lounge Wear giving me extre carving Mana for this tiki...HappyHappyHappy

That is sweet!

That tiki is topnotch, Ona, as well as Doug's design.

This boy is on fire!

Wow.. he looks great! Very clean finish!

B
Bete posted on Fri, Jan 27, 2006 6:17 AM

Very cool tiki.

Beautiful Tiki! Is there enough room im the Tiki's "Mug" to put a little water & dry ice? A coat of deck waterproofing & a couple coats of marine varnish inside the mug should keep the water from soaking in.

Another amazing tiki, Ric.

I think it would look nice with a really light stain on the mug and something just a smidge darker for the rest of the tiki.

Just my girly opinion.

Kate

Awesome work.

That's a peach! How long from start to finish, Ona?

TB

Damn Ona, your tiki's are lookin great!

TBIrd.

ONA! another gem from you! Your carvings are awesome and this one has quite a lot of (possibly rum induced) character that is VERY reminscent of dougs great logo. Nice job!

Got the shirt too, bra! thanks!

I happen to know that he has a computer controlled lathe that churns them out in about 20 minutes.
Looks good anyway.

It looks terrific, Ona! Ha! Look at that mug he's holding! You did it! I knew you'd come up with the perfect look!

J

Nice design. Perfectly executed. Your carvings are always so crisp!
JP

Ric, awsome job man!!
You nailed it, can't wait to see it stained.

N

Ric,

I knew you had skills but WOW!! Excellent job!

Nice tikis! Helluva nice shirt, too!

O

Here's the finish pictures. Decided on the two tone stain as Tiki-Kate suggested.

Thanks for looking.
Aloha!!

[ Edited by: onatiki 2006-01-31 12:20 ]

P

Unique and very old school all at once.
Super nice work.

Will the cup hold liquor?
And can you make a Navy Grog?

L
Loki posted on Tue, Jan 31, 2006 10:05 AM

Beautiful work as usual Ona. What brand stain and color name did you use? It looks top notch with the two tone.

B

YES, Ona, this guy Really came out as well as I expected. Just plain FanTasTic. You and Aaron's both create carvings that look loke they came right off a CNC Machine. Crisp, clean cuts, just perfection. I see the spirals down there too. I think you should start selling your work. This guy looks SO Good, I can't Stand it, I'm just gonna drool all over the place.
Whats next?? don't be takin' no time off now.

KK

Aloha bruddah!
Amazing work! Like Ben said, it looks machine -cut! Very nice and I hope you keep carving and paln on selling da kine someday!

Keep up the good work!

Malama Pono!

O

Thanks everybody.
The stain is Minwax, early american for the tiki and golden oak for the mug. The mug is not deep enought to hold much liquid. Didn't want there to be issues with rain retention.

Off to the next one.

J

Wonderful tiki, the finsh enhances it. What about the one sitting on the bar in photo 2. Did you do that one?
JP

Awesome work Onatiki keep up the good work.

R

What a perfect addition to your ever growing family. Are ya running out of room yet? Looking forward to seeing it in person one day.

K
kirby posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2006 10:11 PM

I love that dude... perfect lines...great detail...awsome work...

H

Snazzy!!! I'm training my eyebrows to do that right now!

H
harro posted on Fri, Feb 3, 2006 5:51 AM

cool house, cool tikis, cool t-shirt...
you got it all happenin!
harro

T

I'm really glad it turned out so well.

Can't wait to see what you'll do next.

O

I've been a little busy the last couple of months, gearing up for Oasis. Here are the latest lamp creations and some mask carvings.

Have some left overs of some lamps and masks from Oasis that are still available. If you're interested, PM me. Otherwise, thanks for looking....

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbsmLhw0YtmTM&notag=1

O

Been wanting to try an idea I've had for awhile. A lamp that had a hot lava look on the bottom. Here's how it turned out. Thanks for looking!!

as lawrence welk would say... a wonna ful a wonna ful....

Excellent Execution.

Hmmm, The Lava Flow Inn may need some of those. Great job!

Great idea Ric!
You really captured the look of lava.

That lamp looks extra groovy all lit up. Everyone needs a Lava Bottom......

B

WOW, Nice one Ona, it looks like if you were sitting under it, that you would get burned by falling Lava. Intense!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jun 12, 2006 6:32 AM

That lava looks kool.

How about making a volcano lamp with that lava effect 'flowing' down the sides? And then use a 'flickering' globe to make it shimmer too?

K

Damnation! These lamps just keep getting more mesmerizing - or, should I say, "hip"notic.

Ona, that lamp is HOT! You're on FIRE dude!

see you in July!

man that is amazing!! it looks like firey lava for sure. how you make it look like that? what ever you are doing dont stop. keep up the talent.

I've been talking for a while that I needed a new lamp downstairs, so my wonderful wife got me a lamp from Freaky Boutiki as a present, they told her it was an OnaTiki lamp, so I thought it was fitting to give it it's propers and post it here. It's a freakin' awesome lamp and it looks great in our pad!

Ona is the tops. great guy, great lights. where you hiding, buddy?

B

Yeah Ona, Come out , Come OUT Where ever you are!

B

Ona, I haven't seen that Lava Lamp before...Major sweet! You and Moki been hiding over on the islands?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 243 replies