Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Hewey's stuff - new stuff 4 Oct page 18

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 265 replies

I don't mean it. I just like stirring him up :)

Seriously, his stuff looks great! So much better in real life than on here.

Hewey
Great stuff mate!!!!
Havent been on TC in a while ( had a values based discussion with my employer regarding my use of the internet at work :wink: )
its great to see you doing some really cool stuff.

ps did you send a drawing of a tiki truck in to street machine magazine a while back

cheers
BoB

H

Yeh Bobby - I take it you saw it? Tiki themed kombi - who would have ever thought it was me?

For the others it was a split screen kombi panel van, covered in a full 360 degree wrap around mural of some Moai on an island. I will try and find the original artwork to post here.

It was for a magazine competition to design a wild panel van. The artwork isn't the best, but the concept is cool. I didn't win (it's a V8 kinda mag), but I did get into print.

Haha - values based discussion. I take it they didn't beleive TC was a valuable pastime?! :)

Everyone laughs at me because I am different. I laugh at everyone else because they are all the same.

[ Edited by: hewey on 2005-05-23 00:16 ]

Hewey, i'm digging your art; it's getting better and better. i'm envisioning a whole line of "Tiki Fantasy" by Hewey.

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 24, 2005 6:23 PM

I got an assignment on the go at the moment, so the next one will be a little while.

Palama - Tiki Fantasy? I'm more interested in a Tiki Reality! :) Top idea though, and thanks for the compliments.

I got a few ideas ideas in my head, waiting to pop out, like a Coop devil inspired tiki...

B

Hey Hewey, Received your Woody/VW/Bus/TikiPickup Pic in the mail today. AWESOME Surprize with the 'Benzart" vanity plate. I owe you big time.
HappyHappyHappy

On 2005-05-27 17:23, Benzart wrote:
Hey Hewey, Received your Woody/VW/Bus/TikiPickup Pic in the mail today. AWESOME Surprize with the 'Benzart" vanity plate. I owe you big time.
HappyHappyHappy

I got one of those too, now we're like tiki brothers! :D

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2005 3:45 AM

Got some more pieces for your perusal, just in time for the weekend!

Glad to know you liked it Benzart & F'Daddy

First is this tatoo inspired heart. Not tiki - but cool

Next is this unhappy looking dude.

Hot rod inspired Tiki. Pity the spanner aren't balanced size wise.

Kon Tiki dude with a hot rod twist

Salt lakes.

What do you reckon?

F

Love 'em all. I really like the second one, but he seems so lonely. :cry:

R

These are great . I really like the salt lake one.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Jun 5, 2005 11:15 PM

Heres another:

F

Look out, he's about to get into some trouble! Love that sneaky smile!

Hi Hewey - are you going to the Yum Yum happenin on the 9 July at Clare Hotel in Ultimo - I am thinkin of flying down there. Would be great to catch up with you. - I think your art is fantastic - you can really see your growth and improvement - my first carvings were pretty primative and I am a little embarrassed sometimes when I look at them - they are mostly hiding in gardens on my property now. I am looking at a tiki art show in the future with a mate of mine "von Wierdo" and will definitely get your stuff up here on display.

H

Sounds cool Marcus. Will PM ya!

This stuff is really cool and getting better, hewey. Keep up the good work!

J
john posted on Fri, Jun 17, 2005 4:36 AM

look cool, hewey, i really like your technique! my favorite is the kno tiki, love the expression hes giving off!~
-john

B

Hewey, you are getting pretty Expressive with your tikis and thats great. You are developing a nice style. Don't be afraid to let the colors flow. Excellent.

H

Here's the latest sketch:

Looks crap in that size, so here is a detail shot:

Fire good , me likey

F
foamy posted on Tue, Jun 21, 2005 5:06 AM

I agree with rodeo. Nice fire.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2005 8:03 AM

I have not put a newby up for a while as i have been plugging away at "benzart's woodshed". It was inspired by his comments in another topic.

I did this a surprise, so I hope he digs it. I am hoping to trade for some carving work. The artwork is A3 in size and took a bit of work to get the level of detail I wanted.

Here it is:

(the seam down the middle is cause my scanner is only A4, and had to paste 2 pics together. The image is also cropped at the edges)

Some detail shots:

Here is some art i did a while ago:

This was done for a competition in Street Machine magazine (July 2004 issue) in designing a custom panel van. I didn't win, but I got in print.

This was sent into Cruzin magazine (June 2003 issue) after they featured Rod Hadfields '55 Chev - Final Objective (now touring the states). It has a 3000hp 1650 ci V12 Merlin engine out of a fighter plane. Oh yeh - it is fully street legal.

Hewey: now that's one woodshed i wouldn't mind being taken to! nice detail work on that one!

regarding your last sketch; so that's how they get hybrid cars! :)

B

Hewey, how did you know my woodshed would be like that. It's Perfect. Made me want to sweep the floor and put another log on the bench. I Really love it and my delivery woody is parked out back.
Thanks Big time.

Fabulous!! Ben is carvin' in style.

Cool drawing, hewey! Lots of good details too.

A shop after my own heart , Nice works Hewey.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 7, 2005 8:04 AM

Palama, Finkdaddy, Sam & Rodeo - thanks for the support guys! Makes the effort of doing the art & posting pics worthwile.

benzart - glad you liked it. Does not show up very clear, but there is a log already waiting on the bench for you (far left of bench). Hopefully it will be in the mail soon.

You should see the latest artwork I have finished. Its nice, but gotta leave you in suspense just for now :)

H

Hey Hewey- I really dig what you've done...especially the one with the flames and the blue one... excellent work!

nice work hewey.love the wood shed

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 2:29 AM

This one was a gift for my girl for our anniversary. They are her favourite flowers. One flower for each year we have been going out, and purple background cause that is her favourite colour. She loved it. It was put in a proper frame with multi-layered matting.

The pic is pretty bad, becuase I did a quick scan (whilst it was in the frame. As Benzart says, a bad pick is better then no pic :). I will try and post some pics of the overall piece when I can get a digicam from somewhere.

For my present i got a 4 piece chissel set, rasp, rubber mallet, and oil stone :). Look out for the carving topic i have set up.

Its great to see people with a passion for what they do. And even better when other appreciate it. Your lady friend is a lucky girl to receive such a nice picture. And your lucky to have a girl to give it to. The art work that is.

I really like the Drawings of the VW's and I can't wait to see the Tikis you carve.

Happy anniversary.

On 2005-07-13 02:54, AlienTiki wrote:
And your lucky to have a girl to give it to.

He wishes ;p

I was a very happy girl when I got that yesterday. I didn't even realise he had done it until I saw his sig in the bottom corner - I thought he bought it! That's the second thing he's made for me now that I thought he bought.

Believe me, the pic posted on here does it no justice! It is beautiful!

HAHA, I got a sneak peek at this last week. Way cool Hewey.
Glad to see she like it. Cant wait to see some carvings!

B

Hewey, My "Benzarts Woodshed" came today and now I have a place to park my Tiki Delivery truck.

Big Mahalo for a Super piece of art.

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 5:05 AM

Cool dude. Thanks for all the feedback and support over the years. Glad you like it. Can't wait to get my hands on an original piece of Benzart art.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 6:08 PM

Well, Jessica rabbit does it for me. Simple as that. More curves than a twisty mountain pass and sultry as all hell. But, she needed a tiki style make-over. So, here she is:

I admit I traced the basics as drawing people is not my forte. But the rest is mine.

Enjoy :)

K
kirby posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 7:35 PM

dude, jessica is hot for a toon, great job, and never admit you traced something nobody will ever no the difference...
andy worhal traced all his stuff and everybody loves him still well kinda i dont no.

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-08-01 19:37 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 7:38 PM

And I love this still. Great picture. Looks better now then she did a few years ago.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 7:45 PM

On 2005-08-01 19:35, kirby wrote:
never admit you traced something nobody will ever no the difference...

Yeh, I will know the difference. Feel like a fraud if I trace something, and pass it off as my own.

K
kirby posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 7:50 PM

It still looks good...keep it up...

Very cool, hewey! What could be hotter than a flamed Jessica?? :)

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino 2005-08-01 20:01 ]

B

Now THAT's a Sweet bird. Very well done Hewey. Was the model your wife, girlfriend?? Love it.

Cool sketch!

F

Nice! :wink: If she liked that rabbit then maybe... ah, never mind.

ho doesn't like Jessica Wabbit? Nice interpretation.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 4:12 AM

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

Fink - I got dibs before you do :). Plus, she's working in my bar...

Benz - I told my girl and she laughed. Got the same killer attitude on her though.

well done hewey.keep up the good work.

Hey Hewey~
Awesome stuff!!
I can really see the improvement you've made since you started! And I see your potential to just keep getting better and better! It's always exciting to see and artist's style grow.

I really like the Aku Aku Tiki ~ Inspired by the Book of Tiki ~ on page 2, and the Unhappy Tiki ~ on page 4. Your light and shadow is really great on these two. And I like the colors you are blending together to create such depth. The black paper has really helped too.
Keep up the great work!
; )
Jennifer

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 265 replies