Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

(mostly) tiki centralite art : benzart curly lono, page 13, 6/25/10

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 193 replies

Dude!
those Dan Burkes are AWESOME! What a freakin score! You got more during your trip than most people have in their collections right now! i'm with paipo-you need to post some trip photos and share your Odyssey with the Ohana!!! Sherman's Rock! :lol:

mucho mahaloz rhys, tim, jordan, nels, ben and kinny. you guys are awesome! i hope to post a tiki travelogue tomorrow. yeah, i smoked a lot of shermans this week.

P

i'm very glad you had fun and very sad that i wasn't able to meet you. maybe at the vegas trader vic's grand opening party.

you're simply amazing bullet in your compassion and patronage. (and your humility)

thank you.

perry

perry, i was really looking forward to meeting you, too. i hope i get to soon. sorry it didn't work out for you. perry did send this pendant over with queen k for me. i've dug this one since he started on it. mahalo braddah!

i'm having little lost tiki's "seated cannibal king" done on my inside left leg. i had a 3 hour session on friday.

T

That tattoo already looks cool. :sheckymug:

:D :D :D :D :D

Nice ink Bullet!
Who does your work out in cali?
I've spent several hours under the gun but never got a Tiki tattoo, at least not yet......you may have inspired me to draw something up for myself.

hey bullet

bitchin tat. You are taking your apprectiation of TC art to new heights. I can only imagine Ken must be beside himself with excitement. What an honor for him.

Are you gonna color it in similar to the original?

mg

mahalo jordan, kinny, tim and michael. tim, i go to modern body in sac. i deliver their mail. i'm a walking ad for them, cuz almost everyday people ask me where i get my work done, so they give me a steep discount. a 3 hour session was only $150! over half off their regular price. michael, yes, the next session will fill in the black sections, which will make the details stand out more, and coloring him a light green and light brown. i'm very happy with it. i'll post pics in a week or so when it's done.

You one crazy mo fo!

Awesome!

Prime example of enjoying life!

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Sep 24, 2007 9:01 PM

Great ink Bullet - I've got some pasty Paipo real estate earmarked for a Ruzic myself some day. Right arm traditional, left arm revival - that's the plan!

it's my daughter's 18th birthday. so to celebrate i filled tiki tony's volcano mug with rubbing alcohol and put it in gecko's kilauea bowl. i added dry ice and water and voila! a volcano!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-09-29 18:44 ]

Fabulous collection...please put me in your will...all of that would look good at my place. :)

Are you getting that tat colorized....it is looking good!!!

the seated cannibal king is finished. i'm very happy with the job ronnie did.

Nice tat tiedye. I'll bet THAT would have scared the devil out of the Senator in Minneapolis.

INCREDIBLE!
Thanks Bullet,for not only giving the Seated Cannibal king a fine and royal Gold frame,
but actually tattooing him on your skin! I feel truly honored that you would pay the work
so much respect and elevation! Sheeoot! i'm blushin now! Tell ronnie he did a Fantastic job!
And you even put LLT there on the bottom! i'm floored! wowza! A Million Mahalos to you!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YOU Da KING!

Sweet ink Bullet, really close to the original!

Tat looks great Bullet!

the ink is awesome dude! its giving me some ideas for my tattoo

TT

holy shit!...just stumbled apon this thread.. what an incredible collection... congratulations...

kingstiedye,

Thanks for directing me to this thread! I don't have much time tonight,
but even the first page, I am seeing lots of amazing stuff!

Thanks man!

best,

Gromit Fan

mahalo trav and gromit.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2008-10-21 00:16 ]

i sent this pic to gecko and he put it on his website. i thought some of you might enjoy it.

N
NOTCH posted on Fri, Feb 27, 2009 2:55 PM

Holy Muther Of Pearls Man!
Awesome!

Wow. It's the Bishop Museum of Gecko art!

Bullet, that is one killer grouping!

RED BULL! :wink: Get DIRTy my braddah! :D SsweeetT!!! :D

Z

I know everyone else has said this, but...
Freaking amazing collection.
~Z.

L

It is so awesome to see someone support the artists on here so enthusiastically.

You really blow my mind with your collection and as always thanks for sharing

Ahhhhhhhh, the life of a millionaire! :lol: If I could only click my heels or get 3 wishes, one would be to have a collection like this.. Nice, now you keep up the good work of supporting all the artists in today's hard times.. Thanks I wish I could. :(

PS, I'll take one of those and one of those and all of them.. :lol:

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Mar 1, 2009 3:54 PM

Awesome

B

Haven't been here for awhile nad I just can't believe the quality stuff you have here.This is like a Dream colection if I've ever seen one. Bullet, It's great to see you keeping it up to date.
Mahalo

M

Those red dirt mugs are SWEET! I especially like them with the orange glaze inside. I spent the weekend with Gecko...sounds like he has a couple more in the works for you.

here's some of my favorite things i brought home from tiki oasis.

mystery art piece by tiki tony. i asked tony to make something different for me to surprise myself at oasis. he came through with flying colors by making this monkey puppet show. actually works to some degree. mahalo cuz!

self portrait by junior haggler. destined to become one of the most storied works in the modern tiki art revival. someday, i expect this painting to surpass van gogh's as art's most famous self portrait.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2013-11-02 19:40 ]

H

You have the most interesting collection of art, there is so much variety and everyone of these pieces look great. I have fun every time I go through your entire thread and see all the amazing artwork.

it's been way too long since i've updated this thread. i have alot of new stuff but i had to let everybody see the new pendant wendy cevola of danlovestikis made for me. the REAL big puka!

R

whooa --freaky..hey mikey...

T

It would only be fair that Gecko wore a Bullet head

OK, that was scary...

benzart's curly lono just arrived in sactown!

i also recently scored this beautiful pa kahawai lure pendant with skull toggle from vince cabanilla.

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Jun 25, 2010 7:04 PM

I'm stoked Lono made it to you. He is truly a magnificent piece of art...living and breathing and full of character. Thanks for posting. G

wow, It was a real treat to see this thread. We are now moving into collecting more contemporary tiki art and I just put a bunch of fellow tiki centralites on the wishlist. Thanks!

oh and nice collection. :)

thanks guys!
g, you are so right about curly. nobody can make a hunk of wood come alive like benz. he said this is his last big piece because of his arthitic hands. i feel so fortunate to own it.
troll, thanks for the kind words. there are so many incredibly talented artists on tc. and even though there's a thread going about why are artists such assholes (or something like that), i have yet to meet a tc artist who is. great art from great peopo. i'm sure you'll have no problem filling your pad with beautiful contemporary tiki treasures.

Hi Bullet, The Lono may be the finest carving I have ever seen. Benzart rules!
The hook is terrific. It's fun to see you posted the necklace I made for you. I looked at the thread about artists being A----- and I can say I've never met one like that. Everyone has been so kind and has offered help and suggestions. Both Gecko and Babalu have helped me tremendously. Oh well. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2010-06-26 12:41 ]

We're A-------?

...cool.

ZeroTiki, Go to Bilge and author Zeta to find that thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 193 replies