Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

(mostly) tiki centralite art : benzart curly lono, page 13, 6/25/10

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 193 replies

here's a few of my png pieces including my new drum. not sure where i'm gonna put this monster yet.

Your collection is becoming massive......I think you need a bigger boat.
That PNG Gope board is sweeeeeet! I think that drum is too big for your house though, you better just send it out my way, I have space for it. Seriously maybe you should hang it from the ceiling or something, that might look cool.
Peace........nomad.

Hey Bullet!
Just discovered this thread last night! Thanks for welcoming us all into your home! Your collection is awe-inspiring! What a killer home you must have! Thanks for being such a ravenous collector!!! And Mahalo for letting "HUHU" mingle with all that great art! :D

S
squid posted on Thu, Nov 16, 2006 5:54 PM

Yo KTD! Freakin awesome swag!
I know the perfect spot for that drum.......my music room!

Always happy to help :)

TM

I'm not envious of much, but your collection is amazing. What you really need is a Trader Vic's plate! Mahaloz brah...MJV

On 2006-11-16 18:40, Tiki Matt wrote:
I'm not envious of much, but your collection is amazing. What you really need is a Trader Vic's plate! Mahaloz brah...MJV

:D i have a feeling i'll be adding one of those soon.
mahaloz for the kind words llt and squid. i have a great piece by squid i've neglected to show. here are my mugs from dva gallery's anniversary tiki party. in order: joe vitale, derek yaniger, drew brophy, squid, mitch o'connell and tiki tony.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-11-16 19:10 ]

T

BuMp

Hey KIng, BeEn A littLe quitE From yOur CoLLection LatEly. I know you got some great stuff to share.

That Drew Brophy mug that you got pictured above, looks like its cut and pasted next to the others. The colors just seem to have a richness that doesn't portray real life.

Did you get the latest Gecko White two legged guy. I see that you got a white one in your collection but that other looked different still. Not that you even need another mug in your collection. Wait what am I talking about.

On 2007-01-30 16:37, teaKEY wrote:
BuMp
Wait what am I talking about.

Yeah, what'z teaKEY talk'n bout?

WHEREz Da KING??? :o

Braddah LOVE, Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jan 30, 2007 5:26 PM

The collection just gets bigger and better :)

Nice collection. The burlaps look great framed in bamboo.

Well Like love the art I found and dont want to over load others by my bragging and all! So I'll just say there is some great Tiki Art out there!!

[ Edited by: TikiArtHunter 2007-04-08 16:30 ]

T

where is KTD?? Its been too long without my favorite tiki collector. I live my collecting through you. I do see him lurking now and again.

well, it's been a while since i've updated this thread. c'al and kirby have been up to deliver tikis. i really enjoyed their visits.

"the consumer" by crazy al and "teethgrabber" by kirby

custom kingstiedye tattoos on the consumer

gugu club by basement kahuna

bone hei tiki and ancient minke whale bone marakihau by basement kahuna

jade moai with bamboo quiver by pdrake

bone pendant by finkdaddy and maori warrior by gman

maori panel by bamboo ben outside my front door

carved and painted frankenstein tiki by kreepy tiki

the headhunter's curiosity cabinet by crazy al

bullet fez with feztiki by tamapoutini

carved lono pendant by hai kai and carved moai pendant by squid

and last but not least, custom kingstiedye volcano mug by poptiki. sacramento kings purple with tiedye lava. my good friend travelingjones commissioned this mug to commemorate my 1000th mug on ooga mooga. mahalo jonesEy and pop!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-04-29 19:52 ]

here are 2 more from non-tiki central artists i thought i should share:

bowling pin by kirsten easthope
i commisissioned the amazing artist pooch to do a frankenstein/tiki thrill ride.

frankentiki island 2 by pooch.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2007 12:28 AM

You have such an AWESOME collection, GROG can't wait 'til GROG have a chance to come up and see it in person. Thanks for sharing the pics.

AWESOME picures kingstiedye!!!!

You are truly DA BULL!!!!

The picture by Pooch is freakin' incredible!!! The latest issue of the Rue Morgue has a great article on Pooch!!! Get it while you can!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

V

Coolest collection EVER!

So neat to get a peek at your amazing collection - and to top it off I got a rush of joy to see my Trepanning Accident #1 peeking out of Crazy Al's curiosity cabinet! I shed a tear of joy to have one of my goodies placed in such a wonderful spot. Mahalo!

Henrik "VanTiki"

mahalo for the comments.
grog, there's always room for you at chateau bullet.
jeff, thanks alot. your ooga-mooga collection was my first real look at the talents of gecko. you have great taste in tiki culture (especially music). much respect, brah!
henrik, i'm so happy you like your mug in c'al's cabinet. trepanning accident was a groundbreaking design and execution in my opinion. #1 definitely belongs in a special place.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-05-27 19:26 ]

It is good to know that once I get to do the "Big Book of the Tiki Revival", there is a repository that contains some of its prime examples all in one place. What a concentrated treasury of Tiki's inspiration on modern man!

Amazing collection of art...and great framing. JEALOUS!!! :)

chubby hut lamp by kahaka

sven, big mahaloz for the kind words. your post inspired me to read "book of tiki" once again. i'm looking forward to reading "tiki modern and the wild world of witco".
vampiress, please don't be jealous! just keep creating your own tiki paradise. i'll be inspecting next saturday. :D

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-05-28 19:07 ]

Im coming to see you in September......

Must visit Bay Area TC folk in September......

Kingstiedie is very supportive of TC artisians and I think thats AWESOME!!!!!

Thank you for posting those pics Bullet.

P
Paipo posted on Mon, May 28, 2007 5:57 PM

On 2007-05-28 17:40, Monkeyman wrote:

Kingstiedie is very supportive of TC artisians and I think thats AWESOME!!!!!

Agreed, I wish there were more collectors around like Bullet (and there are a few others I know of on TC) who support not just the big names but emerging artists as well. I'm stoked to have some of my best pieces in his collection!

here are my latest additions from our talented tiki central artists.

paipo #25 and #26

paipo #11 and #30

benzart jade #7 and #6

HUGE fatutu tiki by tiki tony

the foggy morning by ken ruzic (little lost tiki)

sali by tikimecula

a tiki of inspiration by ken ruzic

a most dishonorable tiki by dave krys (tipsy mcstagger)

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-07-16 18:53 ]

You collection keeps getting better and better brother.....mahalo for sharing pictures, keep us updated!

mahalo tim. here's fatutu at his new home. he's still i little sticky from the gallon of spar varnish i slathered him with this morning.

fatutu's new home is very similar to his home in "death of pierre riviera".

my daughter and her boyfriend after they helped me get fatutu in place.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-07-17 18:13 ]

Fatutu is a monster!
Damn, that Tiki must weigh a ton!
He looks happy chilled out by the pool........

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jul 17, 2007 7:55 PM

An already stunning collection just got better. Very nice mate :D

mahalo hewey. we still need to hook up on a piece.

i took this pic this morning when i noticed the sun on this beautiful spiderweb. wow, that sentence had this in it 3 times!

ok, here's one more with a ceramic tiki by matt at bartiki and bamboo ben's driftwood tiki.

very nice collection! i'm jealous!

i thought our kiwi ohana might enjoy these. here's my keigs lamp surrounded by the maori army.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-08-01 08:43 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Aug 1, 2007 8:07 AM

I can't even imagine what an Estate Sale would be like for a tiki lover at your house down the road.

That was pretty grim teaKs!
Estate Sale......
How could anyone break up such a collection?
It deserves to be in a Museum!
That little Maori army around Keig's lamp is too cool!
Lovin the fellow Top Right with the funny hat!
Thanks for being such a skilled collector and
for sharing all these treasures with the Ohana!!!

AWESOME collection king!

Thanks for posting the pics!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

On 2007-08-01 08:07, teaKEY wrote:
I can't even imagine what an Estate Sale would be like for a tiki lover at your house down the road.

lol! i hope that's a ways off. and i hope my wife doesn't use my stuff for firewood.
the mailman is here! the mailman is here! and he brought paipo's wheku!

this dude is awesome!

i couldn't get a pic that shows how his eyes light up in the sun.

lock up the women! the paipo gang is rolling into sactown.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-08-01 11:08 ]

big mahaloz kinny and jeff. it means a lot to hear nice things from one of my favorite artists (llt) and from someone who's taste in tiki pop culture i respect so much (jc).

It's always a pleasure to see your latest acquisitions for your amazing tiki museum. Keep on!

i just received my decanters from the dva gallery tiki anniversary show. the dva pieces i own are some of my best and favorite pieces. mahalo dave for putting together such a quality line-up.

dva's gala tiki 2007 by sam gambino. dva's anniversary tiki party 2007 decanter by david van alphen. wicky world rocket landing by tiki tony.

exploration party by ken ruzic.

just got home last night from my 6 day tiki central/tiki oasis roadtrip. here's some incredible stuff i scored.

mugs and bowls by munktiki, bosko, tiki tony, crazy al, gecko, tiki diablo, ocea otica, tiki farm and pseudopots.

tiki by buzzy, tiki by gecko and resin frankentiki by clysdalle.

seated cannibal king and after the feast by ken ruzic.

i told ken a while back that my daughter liked palm trees. so, mr. kindness whipped these out as gifts for her.

i dig tiki pendants! left to right top row: 2 ceramic tiki tony's. tony told me the porcelanas pavon png pendant i gave him was the inspiration for his new pendants. 3 resin crazy al's. llt picked up da farmer for me at da bash. 2 resin gecko's. mike gave me the maori, the other is the basement kahuna bora boiler.
bottom row left to right: resin moai and resin shrunken head by thor. i got to watch thor paint these. resin kirby and hand carved kirby. my cuz kirby gave these to me when we got together at the bahooka. bamboo ben. ben gave me this at his shop. ceramic big ol' tiki bash. a gift from squid. carver's village by cammo and mieko. i won this at the auction and cammo has generously offered to inscribe my name and varnish it for me.
here are a few things waiting for me when i got home.

basment kahuna's marquesan and maori bone pendants.

bambookis by dave burke.

kustom death tiki by dave burke.
i'll have a lot more to say about my trip and the incrediblely talented, kind, generous and funloving people i met. lots of pics too.

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2007-09-09 12:41 ]

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Aug 20, 2007 4:09 PM

Geez Bullet, where do you put it all!? I hardly buy anything and I'm always shuffling stuff between the house and studio...
You should post a thread dedicated to your trip, sounds like an awesome time. Heard you hooked up with Jonesey for some/most of it?

......great haul bro!

T

wow, judging from that picture you said, "I'll take one of anything". I'd probably sell all my bought mugs to just have what is in that above pic. Six day adventure, sounds like you lived it all up to the fullest.

It was great meeting you at Bahooka last week Bullet. Thanks for sharing your amazing collection and Oasis loot! I especially like the Diablo PNG and Gecko Skrim Shaw. Mahaloz!
Nels.

BULLET!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 193 replies