Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ohana Hut purchasing ... Sold out, ...Order Instructions Update pg 1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 307 replies

How do you know when yours ships? When I ordered mine, it said that I was in the first group of 50 ready for shipment. I still haven't received mine. Is there anyway to check when its gonna ship?

On 2006-10-23 12:37, TikiTrevor wrote:
How do you know when yours ships? When I ordered mine, it said that I was in the first group of 50 ready for shipment. I still haven't received mine. Is there anyway to check when its gonna ship?

Counting the list, it looks like you landed in the 60-something range, so it probably hasn't made it into final production yet. You'll get a UPS shipping notice in your email once it goes out.

Great to know. Thanks for the info!

T

Where are we with these Huts?

Have they all been accounted and paid for? I know I put my name on the wait list awhile ago, some people backed out and "waiters" (like myself) got their secret code, so hopefully my name got bumped up closer to the top.

I'm sure that I am just grasping for straws at this point, but I was curious.

Put me in for 1 hut...

You must be a hut nut!

ok twist my arm, I need bout 6 of them, yeah, that's it..........

Uh yeah, I'll take a dozen (I need the money...let's see, that is about $3600...not bad)!!! :)

why wouldn't they do another run of these if so many people want them?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ohana ha ha ha.....
thats funny.

My intention is not to ignite this debate again, but wanted to respond to your sincere question.

This mug is extraordinarilly time consuming and difficult to produce. Because of the high level of detail and size, it's not a normal production mug.

The molds only hold out for 6 mugs, then have to be hand created again, (and there are 4+ molds per mug) the mugs details then have to be hand finished, and then they're hand painted. Essentially, it's not an easy proposition, especially when one Ohana Hut Mug production = 10 mugs of an easier production (which typically only have 1 mold per mug).

It took Stuckie almost 1/2 a year to complete the initial order, and much of that was on his own time beyond his usual Munktiki business work. It was truly a labor of dedication.

On 2007-04-30 08:53, bigtikidude wrote:
why wouldn't they do another run of these if so many people want them?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ohana ha ha ha.....
thats funny.

On 2007-04-30 11:35, Coco Loco wrote:
My intention is not to ignite this debate again, but wanted to respond to your sincere question.

This mug is extraordinarilly time consuming and difficult to produce. Because of the high level of detail and size, it's not a normal production mug.

The molds only hold out for 6 mugs, then have to be hand created again, (and there are 4+ molds per mug) the mugs details then have to be hand finished, and then they're hand painted. Essentially, it's not an easy proposition, especially when one Ohana Hut Mug production = 10 mugs of an easier production (which typically only have 1 mold per mug).

It took Stuckie almost 1/2 a year to complete the initial order, and much of that was on his own time beyond his usual Munktiki business work. It was truly a labor of dedication.

You beat me to it Coco Loco. I'd like to add that the hut is very large and it really ate up quite a bit kiln space, limiting what else could be fired. Stuckie did an amazing job and I'm quite happy that he took up the challenge.

Now, a mini Ohana hut Christmas ornament would be neat though. There were also post cards available of the hut drawings so everyone could get their fix.

So he lost money in the making of these Ohana Huts???????
(i.e not worth doing more)?
or just doesn't want to do more?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2007-04-30 13:04, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I would say ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

CL

The Ohana Hut was not created as a commercial venture for Munktiki to make money. It was done as a one time favor to TC.

Most mug makers would never have taken on this project because of the complexity of the mug, efficiencies, and time. It's a losing proposition for a mug maker in terms of time and space for other projects that enable them to make a living. This mug was the Mavericks of mugs. It's not something done every day.

Despite all this Stuckie took on the project, really out of dedication to TC. Even if he wanted to make more, he can't. Not enough resources to do it again.

Munktiki is comprised of two guys (yes, just two guys) doing a tremendous amount of work earning a livelyhood creating and doing what they love. They give back tremendously to the community frequently, as this mug project indicated. And it's unfortunate that Stuckie received so much grief for really doing the group a favor, making a mug that other mug makers would not.

On 2007-04-30 13:04, bigtikidude wrote:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

well I can understand everything you said Coco Loco.
but being somebody that knows Chongolio, and also really liking the Mug(Hut)
I really wanted one.
I'm still upset about the way/time it went on sale.
Being a pool guy, how the hell was I supposed to be able to be online buying a mug, when I'm out working in the morning.
Not everybody has day jobs where they sit at a computer.

it just bums me out. Thats all.
Not very Ohana to sell it at that time if you ask me.
The afternoon or Evening would have been a tad better.

oh I have to stop blabing about it, and get over it.
I knew I wouldnt get one anyways. Thats just my luck.
all those wasted hours ooggleing the pics.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

CL

I know BigTikidude, it's disappointing and a bummer. Chongo is an awesome guy who does amazing work. Totally understand where you're coming from. Hey, this doesn't help for this situation, but next time something like this comes up, give us or one of the hoity toities your cell (or nearby friends cell if you're sans cell). At least we can alert you and possibly help while you're at the pool. :) The beauty of TC is that there may be an even greater thing coming up in the future. :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2007-04-30 15:38 ]

MT

Hooooo-boy. Coco Loco, you're still talking about the Ohana Hut? Hey, you know, I have to live with ya, and the ensuing flack that'll be created over this. :roll:

I just had the Tiki Central gurus write a special batch of code that forbids Coco Loco from posting about said Ohana Hut. And now to create a distraction to divert attention to another direction:

Hey Ben, when are ya gonna post your Ohana Hut on ebay?

Bottom line....it is beautiful, bitchen, boxy, bad, butalicious, bamboozled, baffling, and bery out of reach. :wink:

Thanks Coco for all the intel, it just shows how special it is and how much love was behind it. :)

I REALLY DON'T want to have to put my hut up on e-bay. Or, any of my other mugs.

So, anyone who wants to trade these 2 tools,

""" SENCO all battery-powered Cordless Finish 25 and Cordless Finish 41 """

http://www.senco.com

Get's first dibs on my O-hut.

#44/100.

Would much rather it went to someone in the tribe!

And, the tools will help me build more Tiki Tiki!!!

K

Ben the 25 says it drives 1000 nails on one charge so you are gonna need 4 extra batteries, so your not waiting for the batteries to charge :) raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 307 replies