Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Idol American Idol... and the Winner is!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 182 replies

Aloha,

I'm happy to announce that I will be accepting up to 6 new & unique designs from Tiki Central members that are currently or have not in the past worked on any designs with Tiki Farm. These will be for a Spring 2008 debut. Your designs can be one of any of the following:

Tiki Mug
Tiki Shot
Tiki Bowl
Tiki Decanter
"Hawaiiana/Exotica" Mug (tropical/exotica in theme, can contain Tiki but does not have to)
"Hawaiiana/Exotica" Shot (same)
"Hawaiiana/Exotica" Bowl (same)
"Hawaiiana/Exotica" Decanter (same)

This is an exciting opportunity for you to see your artistic dream come to a 3-dimensional reality. If your design is chosen, you will be given our standard license agreement and will be paid the standard Tiki Farm artist's royalty.

To submit your designs, please email them as 72dpi jpegs to [email protected] and include the following in the subject line: TC Design Contest. The deadline for submitting your designs is midnight, February 28th. You can submit as many designs as you like. The winners will be announced approximately 2 weeks after the deadline. Good luck!

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-03-01 09:50 ]

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-03-18 18:02 ]

S

That's kewl!!!!

wow thats the second time today a tiki central post has made me squeal like a girl, what a fantastic opportunity.

that is so cool, so a drawing of all sides of the container works? and we can submit only 1 design total, not 1 for each category, is that correct Holden?

H
hewey posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 2:16 PM

There goes my concentration at work for the day....

VERY COOL!

TT

true Hewey... concentration gone... might have to bust out the crayons over the weekend...

S
squid posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 2:32 PM

On 2007-02-01 14:01, Hiphipahula wrote:
that is so cool, so a drawing of all sides of the container works? and we can submit only 1 design total, not 1 for each category, is that correct Holden?

Can't wait to see your cowboy with a kitty head mug!

M

errr.... READ THE POST:)!!!

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 3:17 PM

"You can submit as many designs as you like"

I didn't miss that part. I will have 20-100 designs for you by next week.

No really, can't wait for this to happen. Thanks for the opportunity. I always wanted to do one on my own but that probably wouldn't come sooner even if 2008.

Do we get to hear what the pay off is, is it something like being paid in mugs. I'm fine in that. I probably would keep them all too. Can't wait.

This sounds like a dream could true to six lucky people.

T

On 2007-02-01 15:17, teaKEY wrote:

Do we get to hear what the pay off is, is it something like being paid in mugs.

Holy crap that's cool. It's like there are 6 golden tickets but it's based on merit. And there's no tiki mug factory tour where people almost die. It's much better. I'll definitely get to thinking, these contests are so much fun. I can't wait.

FLIP -FL :o P- FLIPPP!!! tthhhumpPp...

T

Cool......I got a couple of ideas kicking around in my head, I think I might have to enter the contest!
Mahalo Holden!

M

I know this design could use some refinement but I am submitting it for consideration.

http://www.monkeymandesign.com/ceramics.htm

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2007-02-01 17:36 ]

H
hewey posted on Thu, Feb 1, 2007 6:16 PM

Just finished the edits on my 2,500 word report at work... now nothing can distract me from the important tasks! :)

Ive got a sketchpad next on my desk now, up to 3 designs already - and that was when I was writing my report!

I think Holden is going to have a VERY full inbox!

On 2007-02-01 14:37, MakeDaMug wrote:

errr....yikes there goes that reading comprehension & dyslexia!! OK :)

I got it! AS MANY ENTRIES AS YOU LIKE!

cowboy kitty head time? as much as I want one... naw.. I will loose and that's not cool :D

On 2007-02-01 13:48, atomictonytiki wrote:
wow thats the second time today a tiki central post has made me squeal like a girl, what a fantastic opportunity.

I'd like to hear you squeal, but only if you really are a girl. Can you incorporate that into your design? Maybe one of those things that sounds off when you open a greeting card?

Woo Hoo.....I'm on it!!! :drink:

This is a golden ticket contest. The grand prize winner will get a 3-day/2-night hotel for 2 adults & airfare paid excursion to beautiful San Clemente, CA with 1 night with "da mug maker & friends" at Mugoomba here at Tiki Farm with our signature Mai Tai's in the Sparkletts Machine big ol' drink disenser. You will get the golden ticket tour - a 1/2 hour peak behind the scenes! And... we will all toast you from your mug!!
Aloha,
H
ps - restrictions apply. i.e. no way I'm gonna fly in somebody from out of the US but, I'll work on making something fun happen regardless.

[ Edited by: makedamug 2007-02-06 17:42 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Feb 2, 2007 6:33 AM

"The grand prize winner will get a 3-day/2-night hotel for 2 adults & airfare paid excursion to beautiful San Clemente, CA."

Wow, I was thinking last night, if I win, that would be a good excuse to come down to CA in 2008. Been wanting to get back there and it hasn't been since I was a little guy.

A drink from the Mugoomba Mai Tai Machine in my very own Tiki Farm mug, what a dream. If I had the money I would just pay to have that done. I bet a drink out of your own Farm mug would make those Mai Tais the best tasting ones ever.

T

Mr.Make a da mug ..You know how to get the 'kool kids' going !!!!!

On 2007-02-01 22:19, MakeDaMug wrote:
for 2 adults & airfare paid excursion to beautiful San Clemente, CA

Holden, you're screwed if anyone from Europe or Oz wins :)

O

Holden,

And if it's one of us from So Cal you're not screwed. Does my idea for the Don the Beachcomber mug remodel count for the contest? If not, then the Grog Chia mug. Oh, wait, that wasn't my idea to add the Chia part only fake fur. Grog didn't seem to like the idea though and who was that with the Chia Grog mug idea anyway? I'd like to see it made.

Life is a state of mind

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-02-02 08:38 ]

The Grog Chia mug was the best idea I've heard of, I hope it makes it, Grog is so cute! Wendy

On 2007-02-02 16:11, danlovestikis wrote:
The Grog Chia mug was the best idea I've heard of, I hope it makes it, Grog is so cute! Wendy

It wouldn't work, he squirms too much when you're trying to spread those darned tiny seeds all over his back.

M

On 2007-02-02 07:55, cheekytiki wrote:

On 2007-02-01 22:19, MakeDaMug wrote:
for 2 adults & airfare paid excursion to beautiful San Clemente, CA

Holden, you're screwed if anyone from Europe or Oz wins :)

Or Hawaii!

I’m not sure if my awesome Woolly Mammoth (Mammuthus primigenius) mug design can be considered "Hawaiiana/Exotica" there might need to be another category.:lol:

T

Got my first design in to Holden.....I finished it over the weekend in a feverish state. A Tiki mug paying tribute to the Mauna Loa.........
I hope to get at least one more design on paper for a Tiki bowl before the deadline!
Mahalo.........nomad.

BB

I'm not even sure how to make this work but I like the idea of it.

T

For the artistically challenged, like myself, is a concept sketch suitable? Or does it have to be the whole enchilada?

And if a concept sketch is sent, would somebody fill in the fine details?

..sounds like a challenge!! i'll try to get some sketches out to you shortly....

oh yeah, how do you like my new look?? not really tiki but hell, i've done tiki for years..time for something new!!

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Feb 7, 2007 7:44 AM

Since we don't really see anything or hear much, but this is probably the best thing to ever come around, what if we could have a weekly update of how many ideas have been thrown into the hat.

Man!
All words and no pictures of Mug/Drinkware designs! I hope Holden posts the top 25 after the contest is over! It would be great to see what you crazy TCers create! :)

T

I'll post pic's of my designs after the contest is over, that is if they don't get picked up by the Farm!

On 2007-02-06 21:45, tikipedia wrote:
For the artistically challenged, like myself, is a concept sketch suitable? Or does it have to be the whole enchilada?

And if a concept sketch is sent, would somebody fill in the fine details?

Yeah, what Tikipedia said.... My ideas are much better than my pencil skills. And my pencil skills are only slightly better than my mouse skill.

D

BUMP
just 11 days left kids

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:06 ]

Just sent in my second design for a killer Tiki bowl.
Classic style all the way!
Can't wait to see who wins!!!

T

Tikinomad, if your designs look anything like the mugs that you collect, then it should be a great bowl,

Mahalo teaKEY, I tried to create something that would appeal to Tiki collectors who want a taste of the old with a twist.

Thanks to Holden for the chance to get a design made by the farm.

I just sent off 3 designs from tikiracer-land.

Good luck to all.

T

What exactly is a 72 dpi (guessing a size) and is it different from ppi? About what pixel size X size is that.

On 2007-02-27 11:34, teaKEY wrote:
What exactly is a 72 dpi (guessing a size) and is it different from ppi? About what pixel size X size is that.

DPI stands for dots per inch, so, 72 pixels per inch (PPI= same thing).. 8" x 10" would be 576 x 720 dpi/ppi.

Down to the end. Lots of entries today. Think we're well over 200 individual designs in total. This is gonna be tough!

Okay, as per one of my colleagues on the judging panel, after the close of this month when the deadline's past, I'm gonna change the name of this thread to...

"Tiki Idol American Idol"

Sweet!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Feb 27, 2007 5:49 PM

Cant wait to see the winning designs! :)

• and now :music: the end is near... :music: :tiki: :music: I'm gonna wait til the midnight hour... :music:
    Design submissions are coming to a close soon! Put your mugz where your mouth is... gotta play to win! :D

Bugg'in to see what da Ohana has cooked up...SsweeetT! :D

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

Update/FYI...

Actual total individual design submissions as of 4:05pm, Wednesday, Feb. 28th: 199

On 2007-02-28 16:06, MakeDaMug wrote:
Update/FYI...

Actual total individual design submissions as of 4:05pm, Wednesday, Feb. 28th: 199

What's the deadline time?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 182 replies