Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki treasures & polynesian pinups (1st annual)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies

No Ernie...it rhymes with "unfunny response"
Leave it to the experts to provide the humor....
Squid's a pro at this! Boris too! :)

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2007 9:08 AM

You're not going to the show, get the hell off this thread, it's reserved for the IN crowd.

It's my Civil Rights to be Here,Ernie! Don't you go Oppressin' on me! Boris' standup
makes some of your recent posts look like kinnygarten jokes and prop comedy!
Step outside Buster!
Better yet!
Meet me at the teaKEY thread for a showdown! :)
By the way, Will anyone be watching your vehicle in the Parking Lot during this gig?
Just wonderin......

I did get my George Petty pinup tattoo done last night and just in time . Its from and old Ridgid Tool calender and since Im a pipefitter foreman , it all goes together.

Cool tattoo Ray, Petty is on of my favorites.

Pencil drawing

Digital painting

Dont fight kids , play nice . Im supposed to be selling stuff but it looks like Im giving my money back to the vendors . Diablo and Squid are taking food from my kids mouths .No matter what you say Grog , LLT is in with the IN crowd . We are going to let him look IN from the parking lot !!!!

Aloha,

I am so excited for the show tomorrow. After selling out on my flowers at Viva. I have been working hard on making some tropical flowers for the show tomorrow. Cant wait!

To the pinup models that registered for the event:

I will be providing tropical flowers for the pinup models. I will have an assortment of tropical flowers for you. Available in the trailer.

If you need a special color, please contact me at 909-856-5344 or email me at
[email protected]

I will be leaving by 3pm on Saturday. Cant wait to see ya tomorrow!

XOXO
Cynthia

TC OHANA!

Can you help out a gal and her monkeys?

Yer ol' pal Suzy AKA Atomikitty is searching for a folding-table-like-thing to display her Coconut Monkeys on!

The Monkeys are VERY excited to be a part of the Tiki Treasures and Polynesian Pin-Ups show tomorrow, but their little legs get tired, and I need to find a table they can sit on.

If you have an extra table/stand I can borrow for the night, please contact me!

See ya at the show!

Mahalo,

Suzy AKA Atomikitty

http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2007 6:45 PM

Got you covered Suze.

Thanks Squid, one day I'll get my sheeet together. Now what rhymes with Diablo? sheesh not a damn thang I guess.

On 2007-04-27 08:51, GROG wrote:

What rhymes with Diablo?

Siablo, meeablo, rheeablo, tiablo, feeablo, beeablow

Try 'Tiki Tableau'! Or... Polynesian Tableau! Or... South Seas Tableau! Or... (Your Word Here!) Tableau!

Have that one on POCKETIKI Magazine! I'm sure you'll find a way to thank us, ha, ha!

All the Best - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai- Tai..bleau!).

TONIGHT'S THE BIG SHOW!!!! WooHooWahine and I will be stopping by HONOLULU HARRY'S (12206 Central Ave-just north of the 60 in Chino)at 4pm before the show. Conga Mike and Will the Thrill recommended it to us. They have a full bar, so we'll be gettin' pre-lubed for the party! Look out Tiki Ray!!!!

S
squid posted on Sat, Apr 28, 2007 2:05 PM

Come and git it at Squid's booth tonight!!

"RALLY for the CURE" Fight Against Breast Cancer
GOLF TOURNAMENT EVENT TIKI MUG By Tiki Farm!!

This Years 2007 mug features the soon to be retired, YES RETIRED, Tiki Farm Lucky Tiki Mug, sculpted by Squid and featuring cool decal art By Derek. If you would like to own one & support this great cause but cannot come out to golf, get one tonight for a $35.00 donation. If you would like a 2006 Mondo Maori mug as well, the '06 '07 package donation price is only $55.00. SUCH A DEAL!!!!!

**** PAYPAL ACCEPTED & MONEY ORDERS ****

2007 MUG

2006 MUG

All donation proceeds are received by The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation on behalf of The Rancho Vista Woman's Golf Club & "Rally For The Cure"

Kindest Mahaloz Squid........

beer is good!

On 2007-04-27 22:53, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Thanks Squid, one day I'll get my sheeet together. Now what rhymes with Diablo? sheesh not a damn thang I guess.

Hope you kids are having fun... I just pulled back in from the Farm. Hey Danny, you should paint a Tiki Diablo Mexican Retablo! Sorry but my mom's been restoring them for decades so I had an unfair advantage on the Diablo rhyme dealio.

T

Hey gang , its 3am and I just got home . OMG am I exhausted .But its a good hurt . Thank you all for coming and joining us in the Inland Empire . It was such a great time for all. But I especially want to thank Jen (lil Wahine ) . We collided one day and she started this whole snowball rollin'.She is such a sweet , caring ,generous , down to earth , dont take shit ,go getter Ive ever met .
The vendors were all in sinc and they told me they all made money . They all seemed to love the event .
The models do what they do best and made the event pleasing to the eyes and they were so cool to all .
And last but not least , Those "Smokin Menehunes " were on fire with Squid on drums .Ive never heard so many great things from people about "who the hell are these guys ? Theyre amazing ! "Id like to write more but my bed is calling me as I ice down my back . I hope you remember the first "TTPP" show cause more are already being planned . God bless you ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ray
Post a lot of pics please .

WOOOOHOOOOO! What a Night!!!
Our Host Tiki Ray & Mrs.

Atomic Kitty, Chongolio, and The Birthday Girl: Polly :)

Tiki Diablo's Treasures

Yes, there is Tiki in Rancho Cuchamunga

Mrs. & Squid

The Smokin Menehunes once again Rocked the House

Bong

Spike

Lucas Vigor

Squid on Drums

Palika

Bill Tapia

Crazy Al on the coconuts

Grog on a shopping spree

Tiki Ray's Tikis

Lots of shoppers checking out Swampfire's Prints

Tiki Ray & Soccer Tiki

Kirby's New Hairdo compliments of Polly

K

The hair looks better from the front,so ive heard!!!
I had a great time at the show...the girls were hot, and the art was dope...thanks ray and jen for puting it all to together, and thanks to everybody who bought my stuff..
I still have sum TTPP pendents left for anyone who didnt get one or couldnt make it to the show..just pm me..mahalo..kirby
P.S. What happend to my camera!!!!

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 29, 2007 12:53 PM

On 2007-04-29 11:59, kirby wrote:
P.S. What happend to my camera!!!!

You set it down on a table and left it in the middle of a crowded bar you've never been to full of people you don't know and somebody swiped it.

My bet is that Ernie took your camera.... :)

On 2007-04-29 13:14, little lost tiki wrote:
My bet is that Ernie took your camera.... :)

or.........OTTO's friend!

p.s.

cool gig last night.

far out !

TM

What a fun night!

So nice to have events like this, and it was really well put together. The pictures above look like they were taken early in the evening. After about 9:30, the place was absolutely packed!!

So many beautiful women, (and the pin-up girls weren't too bad either!!) and well dressed guys. It was truly a hip crowd!

I was glad we were able to bring a larger band to this event, with Spike, Crazy-al, Bill Tapia, and how 'bout that Squid, huh? The guy didn't even practice with us, and did not know the songs beforehand. Yet, who could tell? He always plays so fluently and perfectly!!

It was awesome to have Spike up there with us. He made my night!!

Guest after guest came up and paid their respects to Uncle Bill, showing this King of Hawaii his props!

Once aain, Palika crooned and strummed his Uke to perfection-always satisfying, never tiring. Redoubtable. The guy is a marine!! Solid as a rock!!

Nice to see so many TC people again, and my dear friend David Lopez and friends-thanks for making it out, brah!!

I hope everyone enjoyed the show, and made it home ok. Hell of a drive for a flatlander like me, but we made it home in one piece.

What a Gas, Gas, Gas!! We had a blast! it was Polly's Birthday too! Happy late one still Polly! Kirby's hair is cool, he will look great this Summer with that "up-Do" & his speedo's! All the Vendors were great I picked up the latest bowl from Tiki Diablo it's kick ass & some other cool items as well. I enjoyed seeing Squid sit-in with the band & a bit of Crazy Al as well! Thanks to Tiki Ray for the event, A really big Mahalo to Mr.& Mrs. Squid for allowing me to sell a few "Rally For The Cure" mugs at their booth & hugs Squid for your support & friendship! :)

U

Ummm... er... it's all cool, but can somebody explain to me the tie-in between Tiki and burlesque? Not that I'm opposed, mind you (heh, heh!)... just a bit confused!

K
kirby posted on Sun, Apr 29, 2007 6:57 PM

uggamug.. its mainly a 50s pop culture thing!!They both share the same era, and now there is some crossover with custum car culture,rockably style,pinups,tiki,lounge,retro..etc..and its all coming back...isnt it just so much fun!!!!

T

Did I miss the Burlesque ???? If you look at a lot of the old 1940's and 50's pinup calenders ,you will see the models many times posing with tiki's . It inspired the guys fighting overseas ,or helped them remember that part of paradise .Tiki's and girls go hand in hand . We just brought them together . Well , Im still putting stuff away so Ill see ya later , Ray

S
squid posted on Sun, Apr 29, 2007 8:41 PM

Well that was fun! Even though Kirby's hair took most of the attention away from the art and the girlies. Thanks to the Menehunes for letting me horn in on their gig! Your 50 bucks is in the mail, Lucas.

Dave's Not Home: Send me those pictures !!! We gots work to do!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLLY! Finally old enough to go to the art shows in bars, legally.

We now own a Chongolio originalio!!!

Thanks to Tiki Ray and Lil Wahine for putting on this shindig. The inland empire has now been officially tikified!

Bring on more embarrasing pix!!

fried calamari...

TM

On 2007-04-29 18:39, Uggamug wrote:
Ummm... er... it's all cool, but can somebody explain to me the tie-in between Tiki and burlesque? Not that I'm opposed, mind you (heh, heh!)... just a bit confused!

Only your third post and you already sound like me?

Too much, too fast.

I am all for pure Tiki, but I have come to see that it is a really big tent, and pretty much all are welcome. Tiki, surf, lounge, rockabilly, kar kulture. I have had to re-think my intensity and opinions, as they are just that-opinions.
it's all about escapism and having fun, and a serious nod to all retro culture.

TM

On 2007-04-29 20:41, squid wrote:
Well that was fun! Even though Kirby's hair took most of the attention away from the art and the girlies. Thanks to the Menehunes for letting me horn in on their gig! Your 50 bucks is in the mail, Lucas.

Dave's Not Home: Send me those pictures !!! We gots work to do!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLLY! Finally old enough to go to the art shows in bars, legally.

We now own a Chongolio originalio!!!

Thanks to Tiki Ray and Lil Wahine for putting on this shindig. The inland empire has now been officially tikified!

Bring on more embarrasing pix!!

fried calamari...

Keep your filthy blood money, and move down here immediately!

I need you in this band, permanently!!!!

Seriously, Squid-you are so modest....how can anyone be as good a drummer as you, and have no ego? My own is like a huge, gas guzzing hummer! Bigger then Texas!

Squid, my sincerest thanks again for jamming with us! I know it took time away from your vending, so it was much appreciated!!!

Just a quick post and photo blast while I take a rest and catch my breathe before the last leg of my journey back to Nor Cal.
Wow, what a weekend. I can't think of a better way to spend some of my remaining time here in California than hangin' out with friends, listening to killer music and experiencing heart pounding adventures on the Californian freeways. Here are just a few pics from Lil Wahine and Tiki Ray's very fun and sucessful event. For the whole story on my trip and more pics from TTPP, check out Barefoot Bloggin'

Our gracious hosts Tiki Ray and Lil Wahine

Kirby's new marketing strategy

The always dapper Uncle Bill, Palika and Squid

The Smokin' Menehunes with special guests Spike and Squid

AtomicKitty and Swampfire enjoyin' the warm evening's ambiance

C

It looks like you had a great time! Congrats on the first TT&PP, Cheers! to a lot more to come!!

Um, Suzy looks Great.

but where are the pics of More of the pinup models.

Hope this doesnt come off too Pervy, too late...

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S
squid posted on Mon, Apr 30, 2007 2:13 PM

On 2007-04-30 13:19, bigtikidude wrote:
Um, Suzy looks Great.

but where are the pics of More of the pinup models.

Hope this doesnt come off too Pervy, too late...

Jeff(bigtikidude)

No pics, Jeff. This is your punushment for not being there. We also played surf tunes all night. The recordings shall not be released, again, as your punishment. Now say 27 Hail Marys, do the chicken dance naked on hot coals and we might forgive you... but please, no pics of the dancing part.

I want to thank everyone for an awesome show!! It took all of us to make the event such a success! Ray you're the best..thank you so much for all your hard work! It's been great working with you and becoming buds :) I'm looking forward to workin on our next one, whatever it may be, and of course just hanging out with you and Cindy..you guys are great!

I kinda got a chance to talk to some of ya more than others...it was a busy night. I hope everyone had a great time though and I'm happy to have met all of you..you'll be seein me for sure at upcoming events..this opened my eyes to some amazing art and people...can't keep me away from that!

Randy you're too cool..we're gonna have to fly your butt out to our next one..I enjoyed chattin with ya and love your work..thanks for the magnets too! That U-stream deal is pretty neat you should hook it up out in hawaii so everyone can still see ya haha :)

Kirby thanks for taking the time to make all the pendants for the show I love mine! You and your lady are cool people..I look forward to gettin to know ya guys more at future shows...sorry bout your camera man

Thanks Cindy so much for letting the models use your flowers! You're a sweetie :)

Squid you were just on it..on stage..vending...you're amazing! The mug and incense burner my sis and I got from you were for a friend for her birthday and she LOVED them! It's time for me to start building up my collection!

The Smokin' Menehunes rocked it! I hope to work with you guys again..you're all amazing musicians..I can't tell you how many times I heard people say how much they were diggin it.

Anyway...thanks to all involved and everyone who came to support the artists, band and models! It was a lot of fun! Here's some photos of the event for ya..sorry some of them are a little blurry :wink:

Have a good one!

• Lil Wahine

kirby

chongs always smilin :)

cynthia my vintage hut

kustom klaws

jasper, ray and kat

shannon brooke

maggie st. thomas

the lovely susannah's monkeys

part of squid's display of goodies

kevin "smokin' menehunes"

this guy's kinda crazy

some crowd shots

one of our models dayna delux w/ my friend laura

That was so much fun...can't wait till the next one! :wink:

U

Kirby, Tiki-Ray, and Lucas... Thanks for the perspectives. It's all good, now hand me another drink and I'll slumber happily once more under my rock!

T

Uggamugg , I lied . It was just a trick to get a bunch of hot chicks to show up .
Jen , thanks a lot and I loved working with ya . Im the one who stresses and she calms my head with logic .We are like the Dynamic Duo.You said a lot but I need to add a little .
Kirby , thanks for all your hard work . I cant beleive you carved every necklace out of resin .
While Im stressing trying to build a planter for the show . Chongolio has time to stop in Ventura and surf before the show .
Cynthia from my Vintage Hut is the sweetest girl , giving out free hair flowers to the models and selected guests.
Squiddly Diddley for his mastery of several arts .
Nick from Tiki-Mag who was in the process of moving to a new house to attend the show . What dedication !
Shannon Brooke and Maggie who came with the rockin pinup photos and great smiles for all .
Doug Horne ,the tallest nicest guy who should move to So. Cal cause now we see him more than his neighbors .
Claritas candles were being awed by everyone .
Kustom Klaws who sold a S**t -load of merchandise.
The famous Atomic Kitty who is a multitasker . When I was setting up the show she wanted to help everwhere . She volunteered to be a vendor , pinup girl, bartender , a ballerina , an astronaut etc . This girl does it all .
Danny Diablo ,the most laid back , generous guy . He hooked me up with a volcano bowl that really works . Yesterday , I threw a virgin in it .
Steph Diablo ,was protected by the tiki gods .Some clown walking through the planter knocking things down in his path tipped Kirby's 6 foot tiki right at Steph but was caught at the last minute . I still feel bad about it and thanks for not dying at our show Steph .
Thanks to all the models who made this an even better event .
Thanks to all who drove 2 blocks short of Egypt to attend .
Even thanks go to the Fire Marshall who tried to save all our lives . We got him out of bed to tell us to blow out those tiki torches .We werent afraid because Jesus (C-Al) and his disciple (BB-Ben) were there too .
Lets do it again folks , Ray

T

Oh yeah , I dont have any pics to post cause Lil Wahine is a slavedriver when Im working for her .

Kirby MAN the Hair Dude , any ways LOOKS like ya- all hada Rockin Time . KOOL KOOL , KOOL , all the Best - Squirrle Man

Big thanks to Ray and Jen for putting on this great shindig. Awesome vendors, kick azz tunes and perfect weather made for a fun time by all.

I think this was during the cover of Freebird

TC pinups Squid and Chong. Looking good boys.

WTF? I traded WHAT for some art???????

I think we'll agree that the best part of the night was seeing LLT make it to the show

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2007-05-01 16:58 ]

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2007-05-01 17:12 ]

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2007-05-01 17:14 ]

Photos from the amazing 1st annual Tiki Ray event!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=82648&blogID=259754560&MyToken=151ed9c2-5142-4e37-84ec-71f4829440b8

so great to meet many of you.
much love,
Maggie St.Thomas

S
squid posted on Tue, May 1, 2007 5:11 PM

Ben's new party hat was awesome!

S
squid posted on Tue, May 1, 2007 5:23 PM

Yeah, it was cool to see Kinny! He just kept poppin up everywhere there wuz perdy gurls...

What,are you guys trying to get me in trouble?
I told my wife i was going out "for a pack of smokes"!
Now i gotta rev up the Time Machine and undo all
this silliness before the inevitable Frying Pan! Owtch!
Dave, was it also true the squirrels showed up?
TygerJymmy would LUV that! :lol:
Did Ben walk around in that HAT all night?

THIS JUST IN!
i got back from my Time jaunt and found
some other interesting things that happened in the
course of the Evening....
the hi light was during the Judas Priest cover,
Dave hops on his Harley,does some wheelies,
and revs the engine til the place was like the
inside of a fog machine! awesome song...
At the end of the Night,after Dave chugged some
Boone's Farm, he sang "Proud to be an American" for
one of the most heartfelt encores that this reporter
has ever seen!

and don't Even get me started about kirb's new doo!

He calls it the "Unicorn"....Kids these days...

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-05-01 19:26 ]

WOWWWWWWWW LOVE THE SQUIRRELs MORE SQUIRRELSSSSSSSSSS

Lets get started on the Squirrels .

P
pdrake posted on Wed, May 2, 2007 8:54 AM

when is kirby gonna shave?

T

If Puff Daddy and Prince can change their names , I want to officially be know as "Tiki-Pimp"!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies