Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki treasures & polynesian pinups (1st annual)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies

S

Bumpity Bump.....coming soon!!! Got my sticks n brushes warmin' up!

T

That reminds me .... Squid called me and told me that he will be sitting in with the "Smokin Menehunes"and playing the skins that night also . Does that compare to Billy Preston being the 5th Beatle or what ? Oh yeah , I just got word from Chongolio that he will be doing interpretive dance as well .Man these guys have talent .

TM

You should have seen them at the dress rehearsal!!!

Man, that was something else!!

Our regular hula dancers complained to the union!

Does anyone want a sneak peek of Da Chongs dance routine?

Hey those are sacred moves and only suppose to be seen live, by a those deemed worthy and who have gone through the ancient initiation. Delete those pics and return my soul or you will be hearing from my lawyer Dr. Gonzo.

Chongolio

P.S. Do I have the moves or what!

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

the moves of a drunken Spazz maybe :)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Atomikitty and her Monkeys are really excited for next weekend!

I will be premiering at least one NEW PAINTING as well as prints of all the Coconut Monkeys so far in the series.
I should also have some hand-made Coconut Monkey stationary sets available! Everybody LOVES getting a monkey in the mail! :)
Oh, yes, for the Pin-Up part of the show, I will be wearing one of my favorite tiki playsuits and subjecting you all to the glare of my pasty white gams!

Click on the link below to get the latest news on THE COCONUT MONKEY PROJECT blog, and to buy prints and original monkey art by atomikitty!

http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

See you SATURDAY the 28th in RANCHOOOO CUUUCAMUNNNGGGGAAAAAAA!!!!!

TM

Yes, we will be joined at our next gig with special guests Spike (Lucky designs) on guitar and Squid on drums- this looks to be a magical, exciting evening when Squid amps the whole thing up a notch with his outstanding drum playing, and Spike, (one of the founding original members of the Smoking Menehunes)brings his rocking surf guitar into the mix!

B

Got my Clarita candle in the mail yesterday and it looks Great! If you don't have one yet, Get it, they are Totally HOT.

THANKS CLARITA

One week to go folks !!!!

C

Thank you so much Benzart! I'm so happy :D I'm going to explode!

On 2007-04-20 21:09, lucas vigor wrote:
Yes, we will be joined at our next gig with special guests Spike (Lucky designs) on guitar and Squid on drums- this looks to be a magical, exciting evening when Squid amps the whole thing up a notch with his outstanding drum playing, and Spike, (one of the founding original members of the Smoking Menehunes)brings his rocking surf guitar into the mix!

Is this some sort of 4/20 joke?

Did everyone kiss and make up??

Spike? !!!!

Cool!

Yeah, it's all good. Bong called me on Friday night and asked if I wanted to join them for ten or so songs and I figured, what the hell.... It'll be good to play those songs again. I'm looking forward to it for sure.

S

Right on! Lookin' forward to jammin' with ya Spikey!

Art AND music. Did I pick a stable career path or what?

K

oh man, less than a week.. I better get busy on these event pendents..

TM

On 2007-04-22 21:31, Luckydesigns wrote:
Yeah, it's all good. Bong called me on Friday night and asked if I wanted to join them for ten or so songs and I figured, what the hell.... It'll be good to play those songs again. I'm looking forward to it for sure.

All I can say to anyone who comes is get those cell phone camera's and recorders ready, 'cause there are going to be some super talented musicians jamming at this gig (with the exception of me)!!

It's going to be a totally Gnarly evening!

5 more days! can't wait...i've had a lot of fun working on this event...it's been great meeting everyone i have over the past few weeks at the tonga hut and tiki farm..you are all such amazing artists and fun people to be around. i'm really looking forward to seeing the smokin' menehunes the cd's been getting a lot of play..thanks guys! it's going to be an awesome time! Thanks ray for all of your help...i normally dig workin solo but you have changed my mind completely with this one..we've gotta do some more in the future :wink:

if there's anything anyone involved needs before the show let me know.
have a good one...see ya saturday!

and yeah kirby, you better get busy there bud :wink: thanks so much for making them..you rock!

Hey there everyone,
I just wanted to stop by and let you all know I will be at the show signing prints and selling merchandise like my new Zippos...

It's going to be a great show and I look forward to seeing you all there!

Looking forward to seeing Squid whalin' on those skins.
I hope that drum kit is insured.

K... so I don't have so weed through 8 pages, whats the address where it's being held? I went to the my space maybe I'm blind. Just someone post a addy for poor blind me :( Mahalo

S
squid posted on Tue, Apr 24, 2007 4:42 PM

T

8034 Haven Ave. Rancho Cucamonga
Doors open at 6pm
Its on the northwest corner of Haven and Foothill .
Or go to the first page, first thread and click on the link . You can browse through all the amazing artists and models by clicking on their pics .
See ya there , Ray

TM

If any Tiki Central people show up, please come talk to me (The bass player) as I have free CD's of my solo project to hand out.

The CD is Lucas Vigor: "Piss drunk"-Rockabilly, bossa nova and lounge.

All songs were recorded by me, playing every instrument-all first takes, no MIDI or sequencing, very little keyboards. Mostly acoustic instruments. Mostly recorded piss-drunk.

You may not like me, but I think you will love this music!!

On 2007-04-25 16:44, lucas vigor wrote:
If any Tiki Central people show up, please come talk to me (The bass player) as I have free CD's of my solo project to hand out.

All songs were recorded by me, playing every instrument-all first takes, no MIDI or sequencing, very little keyboards. Mostly acoustic instruments. Mostly recorded piss-drunk.

WooHooo! Make sure you save one for SoccerTiki and I :) See you Saturday!!

I have heard Lucas's CD and it is nothing short of astonishing. The guy hits every genre mentioned with accuracy and the skill of a professional musician. If you pass this up you are plum loco.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

P

Sounds great, but I'm not sure I will be able to make it there on Saturday. Is there another way to get the CD?

T

Can you save one for me Lucas or I might have to cancel the show ? Cant wait to see you jam and thanks to all the band for playing this gig .

Lucky Ducks!
You guys are gonna have a Flippin Blast!
Wishing all you Tiki Freaks and Vendors the Best!
:)

I have free CD's of my solo project to hand out.

Lucas,
What no surf??? just razzing ya man, couldn't resist.
have a good show/party/gig.

I'm doing a BBQ and 4 band surf show that Day/night.
wish I could be in 2 places at once.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Apr 26, 2007 12:28 AM

GROG had nice surprise today!!!
GROG saw one of the artists who will be vending at the show today and they are going to be selling THESE:

The small moai with a cork in it's top is a small container, and the large moai and tiki are incense burners. GROG get the two moais today. GROG not have digital camera, so GROG place them on scanner and hold them, so you can see how big they are in comparison to GROG hand. And of course the photos don't do these babies justice at all. Wait 'til you see these in person! Oooh baby!

GROG think this small moai would be a great shot glass.

The big one is an incense burner, so he's got a hole in his head and and one in his ass.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-04-26 00:30 ]

S

Waddaya mean IF any TC people show up? The place will be stinkin' with 'em! And by what I've seen at the Tonga Hut, they'll be piss-drunk too. And remember: The more you drink, the better we sound. Hey Lucas, do you know "Free Bird"?

I am getting the ol grey trucker loaded up again and getting ready to burn gears into the Southlands early tomorrow morning. Here are a few of things I will bringin' down with me. All of these Chongolian originals need to find good homes before I splitski for the South Pacific in a few short weeks. So if you see something you like, Saturday is the day to pick it up, cuz I will be wheelin' and dealin'. Even if you aren't shoppin' stop by and and say Aloha.

"Finhead"

"The Missin' Matey"

"Tiki Turtlele"

"Invoking the God of Waterfalls"

"The God of Waterfalls"

"Critters of the Deep"

"Sea Song Skater"

I will also have a few more never before seen pieces that will still be warm and fresh out of the oven of my mind.

For those who can't make it, Keep your peepers on this thread this Saturday for what I am hoping will be a nice surprise!

See ya soon!

Chongolio

S
squid posted on Thu, Apr 26, 2007 1:24 PM

MINE! ALL MINE, I TELL YOU!!!!

Squid Rocks! But don't take my word for it, come out to Rancho Cucamongolio and see for yourself.

Chongolio

T

You guys rock !!!!!!!!!!!

My and my Coconut Monkeys hope to see you all there this SATURDAY!

Check out my blog by clicking the link below!

http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

MAHALO!

Atomikitty

TM

On 2007-04-25 17:46, Chongolio wrote:

I have heard Lucas's CD and it is nothing short of astonishing. The guy hits every genre mentioned with accuracy and the skill of a professional musician. If you pass this up you are plum loco.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

It means a lot to me to hear you say that, Chong! And of course I got one for you-to be hand delivered this time brah!

TM

On 2007-04-26 00:50, squid wrote:

Waddaya mean IF any TC people show up? The place will be stinkin' with 'em! And by what I've seen at the Tonga Hut, they'll be piss-drunk too. And remember: The more you drink, the better we sound. Hey Lucas, do you know "Free Bird"?

Of course! I love me some freebird!

TM

On 2007-04-25 18:41, PiPhiRho wrote:
Sounds great, but I'm not sure I will be able to make it there on Saturday. Is there another way to get the CD?

I am hoping to get some of the songs on Chongolio's podcast soon!

If not, PM me.

TM

On 2007-04-25 21:03, bigtikidude wrote:

I have free CD's of my solo project to hand out.

Lucas,
What no surf??? just razzing ya man, couldn't resist.
have a good show/party/gig.

I'm doing a BBQ and 4 band surf show that Day/night.
wish I could be in 2 places at once.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Don't laugh (and this might sound a bit hypocritical) but I actually have one surf type song on there, with surf/spy/spagetti western guitar on it!

TM

On 2007-04-25 18:51, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Can you save one for me Lucas or I might have to cancel the show ? Cant wait to see you jam and thanks to all the band for playing this gig .

You got it man!

And I think you are really going to love the band-we got Squid! And we got SPIKE!!!!!!! Those two only make us sound better. Lots of people like our tradional Hawaiian swing sound, but Spike brings the whole surf/rockabilly element in-and the boy is damn good at it!

Bong is one of the most insane steel guitarists right now, and Palika-can you say Perry Como???? Palika could make a nursury ryme sound great!

I am just hoping C-al and King Kukulele show up and jam with us!!

I tell you, it's been fun relearning the songs with the Menehunes. It's been almost two years since I've shared a stage with these guys and I'm really looking forward to it. Of course I might still be looking forward to all the pretty girls more than playing though. Should be one a hell of an event.

T

Friday morning and I have a ton of things to do before the show . I was OK till I found out the owner of the mall had landscapers clear some planters . I came down there the other day to find that they had cut out the 20' "Bird of Paradise " plants out of the courtyard planter .These were one of the things that gave the courtyard its polynesian look . What , they couldnt wait a friggin' week ?????
So now Im on a quest to tropicalise the planter plus do the things I already intended .I did get my George Petty pinup tattoo done last night and just in time . Its from and old Ridgid Tool calender and since Im a pipefitter foreman , it all goes together .I got home late and Cyndi took a quick pic before bed . Im posting it but I wish it was more focused . Well , I gotta get crackin '.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2007 8:29 AM

On 2007-04-27 08:21, Luckydesigns wrote: Of course I might still be looking forward to all the pretty girls more than playing though.

So, is that why you have the nickname "Spike"?

Pretty girls you say? I'm there just for the art..... yeah right. I gues I'll be bring some stuff to the show, Mainly mugs........ bringing some MARQUESAN BOWLS finally.

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2007-04-27 08:30 ]

S
squid posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2007 8:42 AM

On 2007-04-27 08:29, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Pretty girls you say? I'm there just for the art..... yeah right. I gues I'll be bring some stuff to the show, Mainly mugs........ bringing some MARQUESAN BOWLS finally.

Hey Danny-
Why so glum, chum? Have you ever considered Madison Ave's modern miracle of advertising? Why, they'll be swarming your booth if you just have a spiffy promotional piece like this:
poof

See how easy that was! Now for a zingy slogan:

er....um...thinking......crap....
What rhymes with Diablo?

Oh never mind.

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2007 8:51 AM

What rhymes with Diablo?

Siablo, meeablo, rheeablo, tiablo, feeablo, beeablow

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 27, 2007 8:52 AM

Oops! And Zee ablo