Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki treasures & polynesian pinups (1st annual)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies

C
Cammo posted on Wed, May 2, 2007 6:16 PM

THAT'S IT. That's the money picture. That's the one we've all been waiting to see. It's been very nice looking at 32,431 blurred-in-action shots of the Smokin' Men, but them gals is finally worth the wait.

Thanks, Raymond.

S
squid posted on Wed, May 2, 2007 11:45 PM

On 2007-05-02 16:24, TIKI-RAY wrote:
If Puff Daddy and Prince can change their names , I want to officially be know as "Tiki-Pimp"!

Ray- Quit playing with Photoshop! Here's the original source photo.

P

hahahaha

kinny has enough hands to secure his package and make gang signs. no wonder he can paint so fast.

T

What you didnt know is that LLT and I are really the same person . Thats why you didnt see us both at the same event .
JLV photo took a ton of pictures at the event and he just gave me the link to all the great drunken people/pinup shots . Go to http://www.jmvfoto.com/Pinups/ to see more moneyshots Cammo.

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2007-05-03 14:48 ]

linky no worky

Jeff(btd)

C

Just arrived back from another Time Jaunt and Surprise Surprise!
Boris made it to the show in that Time Cycle!
Ernie even wore a Squirrel outfit so they wouldn't tear him up!
Here's a shot right before Dave's Not Home tragic injuries by squirrel...
Everything was all fine and dandy until he said
something about "Yeah, I've eaten Squirrel before..."

And here's a shot of Dave's Not Home after the Squirrels had literally
beaten the snot out of him outside on the Curb!
Doctors said he would pull thru,but with the brain activity of a child...
His wife says that's a blessing since he had prayed for a
brain since childhood...
Hang Tough Man!
Our thoughts and Prayers are with you....

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-05-03 16:28 ]

On 2007-05-03 12:16, Clarita wrote:
http://www.jmvfoto.com/Pinups
There you go :)

Wow!! uh thank you, I think I need a nap now.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Way KOOL no nap here maybe a Beer & a Joint , Man them Squirrles realy know how ta Party , well gotta go I gotta get my Smokey the Bear Hat out of the Dry Cleaners .

Looks like JESUS was having fun in those pics!

Wow!! uh thank you, I think I need a nap now.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I think you meant to say "Wow!! uh thank you, I think I need to polish my decanter"

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

MT

I think he actually had just finished polishing his decanter.

T

You should have seen me and Al trying to slide a waitress through the mouth of the "King Punani "tiki for a pic .

On 2007-05-04 00:04, Mai Tai wrote:
I think he actually had just finished polishing his decanter.

Mai Tai, you got the Nap referrence, thats what comes after the polishing right?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

And from a local phone booth.....

Now were talkin Squirrles .

T

I just wanted to let Lucas know that I cant stop playing that CD . It Rocks !

TM

On 2007-05-06 16:11, TIKI-RAY wrote:

Thank you so much for that!!

I arranged the CD into thirds: Rockabilly, Blues and western swing for the first section, bossa nova for the second and lounge jazz for the final third. I would be highly interested in knowing which style you liked the best!

And PS, we (our hawaiian band) will gladly play your next TTPP event! That was so much fun, and very well run and put together!

C

On 2007-05-06 16:11, TIKI-RAY wrote:

I will second that! over 600 miles and I just took it out of the CD player when I shipped my van today. Really great tunes and arrangements. Thanks again for the disk LV.

Is that the one with the version of Bob will's "Roly-Poly"?
I got that one too! Lucas Rocks! :)

LW

yep, i'm diggin this cd...goin in the fave's for sure..nice variety thanks! :)

Yeah LV, great CD you put together. I'm really digging the Latin/Bossa Nova stuff.

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2007-05-08 10:15 ]

I concur-MOST awesome CD Lucas, MAHALO! You are one multi-talented cat! I was listening to it today as I painted my next coconut monkey! Perfect!

Well, Suzy-come-lately has finally gotten around to downloading her photos from the show. Not too many, but thought I'd add them to the pot. Thanks so much Tiki Ray and Lil' Wahine for organizing this great event!

Dave's not home, Kim and Chongolio trying out his new marketing scheme-hypnotism!

Kirby doing his best 'I wear my sunglasses at night' Corey Hart imitation

SQUID. Rockin' it.

The great Bill Tapia and I (Wow I look tall for once!) :)

The Coconut Monkeys!

Me, Adam and the monkeys.

A very well dressed tiki couple!:)

Atomikitty vamps it up-her cornball factor goes to 11!

Fun show! Lot's of new faces! The Smokin' Menehunes sounded GREAT as usual-only wish I could have caught more of their sets. I must admit, I was too shy to mingle much with the pin-up gals, plus I was concerned about leaving my coconut monkeys unattended-they tend to wander off or get into trouble when left unsupervised-especially if there is rum around!:)

TM

Thanks!

Yes, that's "roly Poly". I used my Mandolin and my Nashville deluxe telecaster for the solos. The bass was recorded with just a microphone.

Once I get a chance, I am going to tackle a few more Bob Will's songs. I had a version of "New San Antonio Rose" but I erased it because I had vocals on it, and I just can't sing at all. It almost always sounds bad.You may or may not have noticed, but there are also some Chet Atkin's covers I did on there too!

I feel bad that I did not have any Smokin menehune's CDs to hand out. We do have one, (and I think it is pretty good), but no one else in the band likes it. It was recorded too soon after Palika joined, and we jumped the gun a little. We will be working on a good one soon, though.

T

Breaking news !!!!!! This just in.... "King Punani" eats his latest victim at TTPP show .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 216 replies