Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Farm's Big Ol' Tiki Bash II is a go!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 238 replies

For any of you that missed the first one, you missed one helluva party! Well, we're doin' it again. Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 21st and get ready for the best 1-night Tiki party in history! Here's the invite...

Summer's are always very nice here in San Clemente. You'll want to book your hotel asap. I'd recommend simply going to Yahoo or Google to find your hotel - they've both got comprehensive listings.

See you at the Bash!
Holden

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-03-15 13:35 ]

Oh darn...will have to miss this as I will probably be in Chicago on business. Sounds like a blast...wishing good party-time for the rest of ya!!! :D

FUCK YA!
I'm there

Holden!

Looks like a great party....

We'll be there!

TT

Awesome! I plan to fly in to LA on the 2oth of July so that will kick off my trip on a hot start! How long does it take to drive from LA to San Clemente??
Anyone wanna share a hotel room??

On 2007-03-13 19:50, Tiki Trav wrote:
Awesome! I plan to fly in to LA on the 2oth of July so that will kick off my trip on a hot start! How long does it take to drive from LA to San Clemente??
Anyone wanna share a hotel room??

That's sweet Trav! For those of you who don't remember our Aussie friend from Oasis - he was the drunk one:) 1 hour drive Trav.

H

I will go anywhere Unga Bonga goes. :wink:

On 2007-03-13 20:02, MakeDaMug wrote:
1 hour drive Trav.

Yes Trav, 1 Hour drive at 4AM Christmas morning otherwise probably 90 minutes.

1 Hour Ha!

TT

maybe longer then since i will be on the wrong side of the road..
..and intend to be quite drunk again this year ha ha!! Thanks holden.. & bora..

On 2007-03-13 20:23, Bora Boris wrote:

On 2007-03-13 20:02, MakeDaMug wrote:
1 hour drive Trav.

Yes Trav, 1 Hour drive at 4AM Christmas morning otherwise probably 90 minutes.

1 Hour Ha!

Nah Boris - I do it all the time (okay but NEVER at rush hour). But then again, I do have the "world's fastest Tiki Mug"...

I stand corrected.

Cool!

Hey Hodad, Closeau is playing! Ask Murph if yo can take the day off.

Mrs Boo and I get Mugoomba!!!

I'll be Packin!!

stay away!

Big Ol' Tiki Bash One, was where the Bamboo suit was born!!

Atomick/Charles? You comin?? ( payback mutha !!:)

Good Times indeed!

Cool, party at Da Mugoomba with BreakDaMugs & BamBrokeIt Ben! I wouldn't miss it! I will pack a hammer and bring a stick of dynamite!

Is this party BYOMTS (Bring Your Own Mug To Smash)?

TB

Looking forward to it!

On 2007-03-14 10:47, Daves Not Home wrote:
Is this party BYOMTS (Bring Your Own Mug To Smash)?

So will you be bringing what? a jack hammer? I'm bring a cheap mug...but then what fun would that be :D

Hope to see ya before then!

S

Hey! I don't see no Sqeeeed on the invite and who the hell is "Ken Ruzk"?

that's Squid's real name! :lol:
I guess I'll show up! Always down for some Free Water!

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2007-03-15 12:08 ]

D

no worries dave you will be added at the last minute to save the event.

On 2007-03-15 12:03, squid wrote:
Hey! I don't see no Sqeeeed on the invite and who the hell is "Ken Ruzk"?

Sorry Mr. Squidlips - I updated the invite. Ken Ruzk is Ken Ruzic's alter ego - he's showin' up instead 'cause Kinny has lambada lessons that night.

J

Ken Ruzk is Ken Ruzic's alter ego - he's showin' up instead 'cause Kinny has lambada lessons that night.

Is Kinny teaching or learning the "forbidden dance"? Can he do a demonstration with the Smokin' Menehunes at the Parking Lot sale next month? I'd pay a cover charge to see that!

On 2007-03-15 13:44, JenTiki wrote:

Ken Ruzk is Ken Ruzic's alter ego - he's showin' up instead 'cause Kinny has lambada lessons that night.

Is Kinny teaching or learning the "forbidden dance"? Can he do a demonstration with the Smokin' Menehunes at the Parking Lot sale next month? I'd pay a cover charge to see that!

I'd pay $20.00 not to see it.

T

Sweet! I'm in!

I

I'm so there, that I'm already uh there.... then..... I mean when it happens..... the day....er uh the night. I need another drink.

Sounds like a not to miss event.
The last one was off the hook, and I was just an innocent bystander(roadie for the bands) I was looking at all these kooky tiki people, thinking WTF, is going on here. Now I am one of you..... :)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

TMF

I can't wait!!!!!

There is a good chance that we will have an added band to the event. I'm working on it but can't say for sure but if all goes as planned, we may be adding...
THE GHASTLY ONES to the line-up!
Mahaloz,
Holden

T

Let me know if you book them Holden . I know a lot of people on myspace who follow them like the Grateful Dead . Ill get them there and you can sell them peanut butter sandwiches with the free water .

K

looks like it's California in July for me...

:D
K.

[ Edited by: kikekeki 2007-03-27 08:26 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Mar 27, 2007 9:43 AM

It'll be good seeing you again, Karen.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-03-27 09:45 ]

T

On 2007-03-26 18:37, MakeDaMug wrote:
There is a good chance that we will have an added band to the event. I'm working on it but can't say for sure but if all goes as planned, we may be adding...
THE GHASTLY ONES to the line-up!
Mahaloz,
Holden

The Ghastly Ones rule!

On 2007-03-27 09:43, GROG wrote:
It'll be good seeing you again, Karen.

[ Edited by: GROG 2007-03-27 09:45 ]

you too, GROG!
:wink:
K.

Gasley ones very KOOL , or is it Kewl Humm .

Holy Bejesus Batman, I think I just crapped myself.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I heard Grogs band , The Gassy One, might be there too!!!!!

S
squid posted on Wed, Mar 28, 2007 2:33 PM

On 2007-03-28 10:42, Daves Not Home wrote:
I heard Grogs band , The Gassy One, might be there too!!!!!

You heard right! You know it'll be hot with GROG on lead butt-trumpet. They'll be performing all their hits:

Cut the Cheese
Ooooh, That Smell
Love Stinks
I Put a Smell on You
Let 'er Rip
All Things Must Pass
Break Like the Wind
I Never Promised You a Rose Garden
and of course, the Silent But Deadly Medley

Don't miss it!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
butt trumpet...is that the area under his hat?

G
GROG posted on Thu, Mar 29, 2007 12:38 PM

The tricky thing about performing that particular way is not leaving skwid marks in your underwear.

Grog. The king of the One Cheek Sneek!!!

K

sounds like a blast! not you GROG.
maybe the Tucson Tiki crew will make it out. i might need some help Benno you to Holden.
we'll see.

Man im Bustin up Laughin . this is Great.

On 2007-04-01 14:16, KonTiki2 wrote:
sounds like a blast! not you GROG.
maybe the Tucson Tiki crew will make it out. i might need some help Benno you to Holden.
we'll see.

Flying ???

Just drink 8 Scorpians before boarding!!

K

without a doubt, we will need some knockout juice for big Lou!

H

Aloha centralites! This is Jay from Clouseaux. We're looking to pick up some gigs either in San Diego or LA on July 19, and 20. (Right before the big ole tiki bash.)Can anyone suggest a decent venue?

Please help!
ciao
jay

MR

Sent you a pm.

Dave at the Purple Orchid in El Segundo ( near LAX) is always happy to have lounge/tiki/surf bands.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S
squid posted on Sat, May 19, 2007 8:46 PM

This is gonna be a fun one, and if it's anything like the first one...I suggest finding a place to hang for the night NEARBY. Anyhoooo...

I'm whoopin' up some pendant action just for the Bash. Yup, it's the Tiki Farm logo tiki himself! These guys are hand-painted ceramic and 2 1/4" tall (including the thingy on top where the cord goes through).
Only 100 made and ONLY $10! Each one signed and numbered.

Only available at the event so I hope to see y'all there!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 238 replies