Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Farm's Big Ol' Tiki Bash II is a go!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 238 replies

Hey Jymmy!
Squirrels are soooo early '07!
Plus...disaster struck recently...
Lost ALL my squirrel reference in the Big Ol' "puter Crash of 7/5/07! All my squirrels/all my nicely cut out heads of Ray-GROG-Squid-Boris-etc...so I guess I'll be passing the squirrel torch onto you,my friend!
Man! With or without our Rodent friends,this is gonna be a BLAST in yo' AST!
Hey Vendors!
Let's see some of the fine and fancy objects you'll be hawkin! :)

We need decorations!!!

Calling ALL TCers: We are IN SEARCH OF: Decorations to decorate the grounds of The Tiki Farm Compound. If you have something that you would like to bring along and lend us PM me and I will give you more details.

Things we are looking for: Tiki String Lights, Tiki's, Tiki Props, Tiki Grounds Decorations, Background Scenery, etc. etc.

*We can not assume any liability if anything is broken/stolen."

Hey Ken any Bear auction . just a thought the last few weeks ive been running into a few my Helper hada few pools get away from him so im back out gettin them under control a what ya know here comes 3 cubs & a mother bear , yesterday one was leaving a pool just as I was gettin there . I,ll post a pick of him, sucker left all his beer cans .

T

Thanks Soccertiki for noticing . Ive helped and participated in several events over the years but I only get mentioned in about half . I will be bringing some of my earlier tiki's to decorate as all my new stuff is sold out .Im enclosing a few pics so you might start remembering me more . Tiki-Ray

T

Ray,

Love the work...awesome Tikis....but have to admit, having those super hot wahines pose next to them is certainly distracting...Ya kinda forget that the tikis are even there. :o

T

Yeah but I made you look and remember my name though . Im crazy like a fox !

CA

SUuuuuuuuPER FARMER is coming!!!

only 38! "individual" one of a kind Tiki-Farmer'ific Tik'ni'color Farmers Available!!
only at THE BASH!!! (Ben? no Rainbow comments please)

ONLY 30 Natural Wood Farmers in a variety of tones!
Come 'Hang-Around' at the Bash!!

Unfortunately I'll be in the woods on a family outing and will not be Bash'in it Up! BUT!!
The Crazy Coconut Kid - SABU!!!! the Sales King will be selling the farmers to you!!

$25 for the Wood Tone
$30 for the Farm'o-matic Colors

AND/OR buy a Squid 'Farm Logo' pendent with a colorful Farmer for only $5......SAVE $5!!!!!!

My very limited Oasis-6 pendents sold out instantly and one went for over $100 on ebay... h-mf!

ALSO: at the BASH!! #9...#9...#9....
That's right a Complete set of Three CrazyAL Custom Painted/Glazed Anniversary Mugs!! for $300 +tax
Save $50 and shipping/ebay costs

AND.... Introducing the Emerald Edition of 25 each!!

6 of each available at bash for $45-total! Same price as the edition of 100! save tax and shipping

Have fun for me and thanks for supporting the self employed!!! no paid vacations here...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just added! From Noon - 5PM come out for...

That looks GREAT!

I'll be there at 11:59!

Calling ALL TCers: We are STILL IN SEARCH OF: Decorations to decorate the grounds of The Tiki Farm Compound. If you have something that you would like to bring along and lend us email me and I will give you more details. Things we are looking for: Tiki String Lights, Tiki's, Tiki Props, Tiki Grounds Decorations, Background Scenery, etc. etc.
*We can not assume any liability if anything is broken/stolen."

RG

Damn. I'm going to be in California that weekend too. Truckee, California.

cry

T

What time is the earliest we should drop off tiki's for decorating?

12 TO FIVE!
Before the Bash.....
LIL LUCHA TIKI BASH!
FIRST MATCH...
LLT VS. DAVE'S NOT HOME....
After last year's Humiliating Defeat,
Dave has becomea Glutton for Punishment....Little lost Body Parts Style!
Who will win this Year Long Grudge Match?
MATALO!

T

By looking at these pics , it looks like Holden has really expanded his warehouse .

does any one know if there havin the Unacycle Bears or any of the cast of H R Puff & Stuff .

I've changed my mind, I'll be there at 10:30.

I wanna a good seat for the 3rd Annual Running of the Ruzik from 11:00 to 12:00.

Who let these Squirrels out of the Tonga Hut thread?!!!! This is NO BULL... I couldn't BEAR to watch Ruzik, Dave, Tyger and Boris tag-team wrestling each other in the Tiki Farm Parking Lot.... Before you scare anyone away....the Big Ol' Tiki Bash is about Good Live Music, Some Cool Tiki Art Vending, and Mai-Tai's with bros and PUKA DOGS!!! As Holden said, bring your beach chair and a blanket and ENJOY!

T

Hey gang , I cant wait to see you all there . One thing Ive learned at these shows is that people at these events tend to not want to walk around with a Mai Tai in one hand and a 6 foot tiki in the other .I sell plenty off my site . I wanted to bring something more customer frienly and more affordable .
I was playing in my shop when I came up with these "Tikibar Light Boxes ". I hope you enjoy them . They are designed, cut, built and finished by yours truly . They are even wired with a 4 watt "glow" light bulb for a soft effect . Someone in my house readjusted the camera settings so the pictures could be better and I apoligize . The pics do not do them justice .They have plumeria's, hibiscus, canna lily's, Moai's, Tahitians, and sea turtles cut into the redwood sides .Check out the glow that they leave on the wall behind them .

Once again I am sorry about the pics but you know how kids readjust things to suit themselves . See ya on the 21st.Tiki-Ray

Man this is gonna be one rip roarinn Event , Fire Breathin Squirrles, unacycle Bears just got word that the Rip Tide Racoons are Showin up .

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jul 13, 2007 6:40 PM

Jymmy, you need to stop dropping acid before you post.

yea no sleep with the new kid , Crazy Crazy

T

One week until The Bash!

This is going to be the coolest thing ever! Groovin' tunes, Mai-Tai's, Puka dogs, Mai-Tai's, and butt-kickin' masterpieces from some of the hippest artists on da planet! And Mai-Tai's!

I really dig the previews of the wares. Some very, very, cool stuff to be had! Will there be shopping carts available?

Will there be shopping carts available?

Yeah Tron, we're gonna have about 20 shopping carts!
in fact there will be shopping cart races at 3 pm !
Squid and GROG are the ones to watch in this competition!
We figure ,after the race,that there will be about 10-15
salvageable ones to use....

WOOOHOOO! 5 More Days......

Don't forget to bring your Beach Chairs and Blankets so you can kick back and enjoy the entertainment!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-07-16 13:06 ]

And Remember Kids!
Besides all the great bands and drinks and friends and arteests,there will also be the
15th Annual Tiki Shopping Kart Race!
Race starts at 3pm!
Bring popcorn and small objects to pelt the contestants!
Here's some shots from last year's race!
Little Lost Tiki and Tyger Jimmy rushed to take the lead in the beginning of the Race....

Only to be blown away by the strength,cunning and stamina of Squid and GROG!!!
The Lucky matching hats they wore didn't hurt either!

See ya at the Races!

(Disclaimer:the events described above are purely fictitious and do not reflect the views of Makedamug or any other part of the Big Ol' Tiki Bash...Above mentioned folks also not responsible if you arrive at the Bash early to a deserted parking lot.....)

Lets get this back on track,so to speak!
Here's some of the wonderful items i'll be bringing to share witch y'all!
43 paintings! Some even displayed on lovely pegboard!

Prints of "Oli-Oli-Kakaka-Pupule" only $10!
and i'll even sign the back if you're nice!

Unfortunately, the actual mugs won't be ready for the BASH but
should be available around early August,just in time for my Birthday! Joy!
Still got a handful of the "About 500 Tikis" book

and a scant few copies of the "Tiki Coloring Book"

Plus HUNDREDS of original sketches and full-color ink drawings
for you to lose yourself in..
Here's one Now!
"Seated Cannibal King"

And Another!
"Secret Cave"

Can't Wait to see Y'all There!
WAAAAAAAAAHOO!

The events just don't stop!!! Between band sets visit the Plaza Del Toros of Doom and watch in amazement as LLT tries to snag a puka dog from a bulls horns...or is it snag a puka dog on the horns? Last year didnt go so well....

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2007-07-17 13:22 ]

R

9i0uoihukbjt4wgfrdvs

LOL!

I laughed for 10 minutes straight! What the hell!

Wow...

Anyway, I wanted to comment on how excited I am for the event! can't wait! definitely gonna make sure to bring lots and lots of money!

YIKES!
Hopefully I'll heal before the BASH!
Dave is still recovering from Last Year's BUNGEE BASH!
Here's Dave in his typical Jumping outfit taking last year's tragic plunge!
Even tho he was wearing his wive's Lucky outfit,he had forgotten Boris' Lucky Umbrella!

Dave's tragedy ruined this year's competition!
It was pretty horrible...

Help us try to raise up his spirits this year,as he's been demoted
to Mai-Tai server! and don't mention the word "umbrella" around him!

I want to let everybody know to bring your own foldable chairs & blankets. If you bring full size chairs, please set them up towards the rear of the grounds so as not to block the view of peole with lower profile beach chairs. The party in our parking lot and we do have seating but only 3 tables w/12 chairs per table.

If you haven't been to Tiki Farm before, here's a map on how to find us...

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-07-17 14:06 ]

For vendors, please set-up so as to be ready to vend by 5pm. You can start arriving whenever necessary - there will be people here all day. We will set-up vending stalls along the back outside warehouse wall area at Tiki Farm. Vending space is not your traditional 10'x10' but you're welcome to bring tents. Cram on in and try not to take up more than 6' of width.

On 2007-07-16 23:19, Daves Not Home wrote:
The events just don't stop!!! Between band sets visit the Plaza Del Toros of Doom and watch in amazement as LLT tries to snag a puka dog from a bulls horns...or is it snag a puka dog on the horns? Last year didnt go so well....

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2007-07-17 13:22 ]

dnh, that is freakin' classic! mahaloz for da laffs.

• If you are planning on staying at The Country Plaza Inn for the Night please email me at [email protected] I need to know the name you booked your room under and how many people will be staying with you. Mahalo! WooHooWahine

What a Great Post!
It Alternates between Madcap Hilarity and Ultra-seriousness,like a schizophrenic!
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO 4 More Days!

J

On 2007-07-17 15:40, little lost tiki wrote:
It Alternates between Madcap Hilarity and Ultra-seriousness,like a schizophrenic!

Hmmmm... anyone we know? :roll:

Hmmmm... anyone we know?

Yeah! Totally Tyger Jymmy!
or Chongolio!
or Clysdalle!
or Squid!
or GROG!
or Susie!
or Boris!
or Ben!
One o'dem folks i imagine....
:)

S
squid posted on Tue, Jul 17, 2007 4:48 PM

OOOH GOOODY! I has been invited to play percussiony things with Clouseaux for a couple of numbers! Now I have a purpose in life other than just getting smashed out of my gourd. Although that doesn't sound so bad either.....hmmmmm....

Right on! The Rockin' Cephalopod doin' persquidssion stuff with Clouseaux! The Bash just keeps getting better and better!

Flippin Groovy Man this is gonna be a Spacy Event !!!

Thanks for the segue-way Jymmy!
Speaking of Rock-n-Roll...
Special appearance this year from the KIZZ GIRLS!
Here's a shot of Boris,Ernie,and myself hanging with
the ladies! As usual,the Peter Criss chick didn't get paired off that evening!
I think her name was Beth...
Anyways, the KIZZ GIRLS should be performing at the very end of the evening
with a Rock-n-Roll Burlesque Fire-Eating Medley...Pretty Incredible!
THREE MORE DAYS!

(Disclaimer:the events described above are purely fictitious and do not reflect the views of Makedamug or any other part of the Big Ol' Tiki Bash...Above mentioned folks also not responsible if you wait til the end of the night and no KIZZ GIRLS show up.....)

SHUTTLE SERVICE: For those of you staying at The Country Plaza Inn, Shuttle service from the hotel to Tiki Farm will begin at 4:30pm and end at 7:00pm. The Shuttle will then return to Tiki Farm and 11:00pm and take people back to the Hotel until 1:00am.

This just in...

We'll be raffling off 1 set of our ultra limited edition (only 30 produced per style) Von Franco Cockeyed Tiki Bush Warrior & Pizz Martin A/P mugs. Raffle tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.

The raffle tickets will be available at the main entry table, which is also where you will get your event wristbands & drink tickets. The raffle will go on until 9pm and the winner will be announced shortly thereafter.

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-07-18 15:04 ]

T

Only a couple days left . Yay!!!! WooHoo asked me to bring some tiki's to decorate with . I only have a few at the house cause everything is sold out . It really has been a great year for tiki . Oh well , Ill see ya there , Ray

J

On 2007-07-18 15:03, MakeDaMug wrote:
This just in...

We'll be raffling off 1 set of our ultra limited edition (only 30 produced per style) Von Franco Cockeyed Tiki Bush Warrior & Pizz Martin A/P mugs. Raffle tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.

The raffle tickets will be available at the main entry table, which is also where you will get your event wristbands & drink tickets. The raffle will go on until 9pm and the winner will be announced shortly thereafter

And what happens to the proceeds from this raffle?

Weather Forcast for Saturday:

San Clemente
High 76
Low 62

*Don't forget to bring Beach Chairs/Towels to sit on. A Sweatshirt/Jacket might be a good thing to pack too :)

On 2007-07-18 16:52, JenTiki wrote:

On 2007-07-18 15:03, MakeDaMug wrote:
This just in...

The raffle tickets will be available at the main entry table, which is also where you will get your event wristbands & drink tickets. The raffle will go on until 9pm and the winner will be announced shortly thereafter

And what happens to the proceeds from this raffle?

Part goes to Franco & Pizz & part to cover the party expen$e$ - why do you ask?

Just added to the freebie bag for the first 250 attendees...

Tikiyaki Orchestra coasters!
Mini Big Ol' Tiki Bash "Mahalo" imprinted chocolate bars!
Also in the bag...
Big Ol' Tiki Bash 24 oz. imprinted Tiki tumblers!
Tiki Farm swizzle stick

Thanks Tikiyaki & your cd RULES!! Tikiyaki'll be on hand selling cd's as will all of the musical acts in attendance! Tikiyaki isn't one of the musical acts this year but I'm sure we'll be workin' together on something down the road. SWEET (just like chocolate)!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 238 replies