Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Farm's Big Ol' Tiki Bash II is a go!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 238 replies

Somebody please get me one!

D

looks like a winner Squid. Now with only 100 of these getting one for somebody else is going to be hard. Holden, Squid the tiki farm logo needs a name.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-05-20 08:14 ]

Why hasn't the logo been turned into a mug yet???

Hey Squid put me on for 1 . this Shows gonna Rock , I ll have my new Tiki Squirrles Pendents there gonna be Hot .

sounds like a hoot

S

On 2007-05-20 08:45, RevBambooBen wrote:

More importantly, why don't you have a mug yet?

On 2007-05-20 12:13, squid wrote:

More importantly, why don't you have a mug yet?

Maybe some things are just not meant to be.........

( ie; mug, tiki magazine...?)

I'm going to go kill myself now.........

D

There is only so much TIki Mag can get out with only 4 issues a year, but it is a good question as to when TM will get around to stories on Ben and some of the interiors his has created and Squid and his never ending designs and sculpts of Tiki Farm's classics. Dave's works grace the back cover of TM now it's time to get him on the cover.

but it is a good question as to when TM will get around to stories on Ben and some of the interiors his has created and Squid and his never ending designs and sculpts of Tiki Farm's classics. Dave's works grace the back cover of TM now it's time to get him on the cover.

AMEN!
HEAR! HEAR!
I second that!
Dave has probably carved more mugs than the top 95% of the population
(except those children from China...with their little hands and youthful energy!
they do smoke more ciggies than he does...)
And put me down for one of those TikiFarm faces!
He would make a great 10 year anniversary mug!

S
squid posted on Sun, May 20, 2007 1:41 PM

On 2007-05-20 12:35, dibroc wrote:
Dave's works grace the back cover of TM now it's time to get him on the cover.

That's a paid advertisement for Tiki Farm. Doesn't count. Ben gets the cover first 'cause he's a damn sight cuter than me and holds his liquor better.

Now back on topic ye rabble!

Great job, Dave.....I want one to wear to Oasis!!

S

Glad y'all like them thar pendants. Just to be clear:

No Reserves.
No Pre-orders.
No Pre-sales.
No List.

You must be at the event to buy one. Limit one per person. If I have any left over after the sale, I'll post them on TC for the same price plus a couple bucks shipping. Sorry out-of-towners but it's the fairest way I know how. Wish I had me some Hukilau commemorative stuff too...

Great wid'lin Mr. Squid... I will be in the line at the Big Ol' Bash... and shame on Tiki Mag & all the publications & web sights for not recognizing Squid & Bamboo Ben's contributions as yet. Lets hope we will see some good write up's & Bio's soon!

G
GROG posted on Sun, May 20, 2007 11:43 PM

Hey Squidster, put GROG on the pre-order list to reserve one pre-sale.

K

Those turned out great,squid ...put me on the list...

D

ok Squid if no list or pre-order just save me a place in the front of the line.

[ Edited by: dibroc 2007-05-21 08:46 ]

No Reserves.
No Pre-orders.
No Pre-sales.
No List.

How about dibs?
Can I get dibs on one of those?

S
squid posted on Mon, May 21, 2007 9:24 AM

On 2007-05-21 08:33, little lost tiki wrote:

No Reserves.
No Pre-orders.
No Pre-sales.
No List.

How about dibs?
Can I get dibs on one of those?

WHY I OUGHTA......

On 2007-05-20 22:22, squid wrote:
Glad y'all like them thar pendants. Just to be clear:

No Reserves.
No Pre-orders.
No Pre-sales.
No List.

How 'bout pre-selected? Can I be pre-selected to get one?

On 2007-05-20 22:22, squid wrote:
You must be at the event to buy one. Limit one per person. If I have any left over after the sale, I'll post them on TC for the same price plus a couple bucks shipping. Sorry out-of-towners but it's the fairest way I know how. Wish I had me some Hukilau commemorative stuff too...

Us out-of-towners get no respect!!

Got a chance to see these in person and they are fantastic. Grog started juggling two of them and promptly dropped one and broke it. Can't take Grog anywhere without him mess'n with stuff, damn cavemen.

I survived the head-hungry Jivaro tribe!
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2007-05-24 07:56 ]

He breaks a lot of things! especially these threads!
Gotta love that GROG!

On 2007-05-25 21:44, MakeDaMug wrote:

Aye!!!!!!!!!

Arrrrrrrrr!!!

Gonna Be fun! I have it marked on the calendar, gonna party & pick up a mug or 4

S
squid posted on Tue, Jun 5, 2007 12:33 AM

On 2007-05-25 21:44, MakeDaMug wrote:

Is that the Bamboo Ben mug? Arrrrrr!

Is that the Bamboo Ben mug? Arrrrrr!

No Dave! This is the one!

T

Dave's works grace the back cover of TM now it's time to get him on the cover.

Von Franco on the next cover. I think that I remember that guy.

Oh boy Oh boy!
I am SO looking forward to this people! :) :) :)

The mugs and the pendants look amazing-I'm making room on the tiki shelf now. . . right between some coconut monkeys. . .

Can anyone suggest hotels in the area?

Any more word on the possibility of the Ghastly Ones playing?

Can't wait! :)

Mucho Mahalo Holden for letting me be a part of your awesome Tiki Bash II.

-Atomikitty
http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

AK: Try San Clemente Inn: 949-492-6103 It's a regular hotel/suite type place. Or one of my favs, San Clemente Beach Retreat. It's like vacation rentals-we like it cuz pets are allowed-wood flooring and lil fenced yards. 949-498-6527. Or my very fav; Villa Del Mar Inn/Casa Tropicana B&B. They're at the peir. The Inn is like condos and the casa is very B&B. Very romantic! Location at the beach/peir is awesome. 949-498-5080. A little further away, but not much, is Dana Point Harbor Inn. Like a Best Western and they're at the marina with shops/restaurants all around. 949-493-5001.
These are all ones we've stayed at over the years. There are a few other chains that aren't too bad, but they're right on the 5 or train tracks.
The Mr works for the phone company in SC (did TikiFarm's phones...considers that the pinnacle of his career!) and Dana Point, so he knows them all. If there's one you're wondering about, let me know and we'll give you the details.
See ya all there!

T

I just did a bunch of phone calls for room rates....The best deal I found was at this place

http://www.countryplazainn.com/directions.htm

The Country Plaza Inn...looks really nice too...pretty close to the ocean and the main part of town. I got a studio room for $95 a nite. They had suites for $125. That's way cheaper than just about everyone in town.

Make sure to ask for the internet rate, I quoted a hotel-rates.com rate and they beat that price too....a discount too if you are a AAA member.

I booked it, Dann-O :)

Lookin forward to the bash.

On 2007-03-13 18:24, MakeDaMug wrote:
For any of you that missed the first one, you missed one helluva party! Well, we're doin' it again. Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 21st and get ready for the best 1-night Tiki party in history! Here's the invite...

Summer's are always very nice here in San Clemente. You'll want to book your hotel asap. I'd recommend simply going to Yahoo or Google to find your hotel - they've both got comprehensive listings.

See you at the Bash!
Holden

[ Edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-03-15 13:35 ]

PARTY UPDATE!

Okay, starting this weekend, I am digging into typing up any/all loose ends. My official event coordinator is the very helpful & productive WooHooWahine. Karen will be helping with hotel logistics, vendor & volunteer coordination & a lot of the other elements that go into making a good party a great party.

I've added Populele to the musical line-up, so now we've got 3 bands. King Kukulele will be emceeing the event, too. We'll have an event exclusive mug, poster & t-shirt (all only $10/each). We're making goody bags for the first 250 people to enter into the compound. Onto the compound...

I've decided that we will host the Bash at Tiki Farm. I am renting 175' of reed fencing and we will create a Tiki compound. We'll be looking for decorating volunteers, decor in general, designated drivers (I'm renting 2 Passenger vans to shuttle partiers to/from local San Clemente & Dana Point hotels).

We'll start mixing up the Mai Tai's the morning of the event and will have an area set-up where we'll have attendants dispensing both the Mai-Tai's as well as beer, & wine.

Directly outside of the compound we will have the Nutty Hawaiian set-up where he will be selling Hawaiian Puka dogs (real Puka dogs this time - not like at the Parking Lot sale) & Shave Ice. He'll also be selling sodas & water, too.

The compound will open at 5pm where you will find your local So Cal artists set-up along the outer warehouse wall. Vending is from 5:00-6:30pm now (not 'til 7pm) because we want to have that area broken down by 7pm for the official start of the party. The party will go until 1am.

We'll be looking for clean-up volunteeers, Drink pourers & 1 primary event runner to help out with whatever comes up. Woohoo's handling all of that.

I'm having some special decor created exclusively for the event to liven up the grounds but am hoping that some of you can come on by earlier in the day & lend your creative talents (& swag) to the grounds. I'd say don't bring anything that's too valuable to you as although I don't think it would happen, perhaps some of the decor might "develop legs".

As soon as Woohoo has more definitive info on the hotel situation, I'd recommend that you book your rooms ASAP. Woohoo's touring all of the hotels this weekend and will post up as soon as she can (she's got her last week of being a school instructor next week so I'm sure her schedule's pretty crazy). The Bash is during the peak of summer here in our little coastal vacation town so you may even want to go ahead and book now.

Not sure what the turnout is going to be. Too busy to do an rsvp list. The last bash saw about 500 attendees. I hope to see a lot of you at this year's bash.

Holden

I say God Damn, Can't wait for this already.
sounds like its gonna be Crazy Fun...

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This is so exciting! Can't wait WhoOOOWhOOoo good job!

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-06-15 20:01 ]

We are In Search of Volunteers for the following tasks:

*Designated Drivers - to Shuttle People To and From Tiki Farm

*Sparkletts Machine Monitors - to Take Drink Tickets and Dispense Cocktails

*A General Runner - to Help Out With Anything Miscellanious Needed

If you are interested in volunteering please PM me for more details.

Are you gonna get extra toilets?

Ben!
We'll just use the back of your truck for that!

On 2007-06-15 21:00, WooHooWahine wrote:
We are In Search of Volunteers for the following tasks:

*Designated Drivers - to Shuttle People To and From Tiki Farm  

*Sparkletts Machine Monitors - to Take Drink Tickets and Dispense Cocktails  

*A General Runner - to Help Out With Anything Miscellaneous Needed  

If you are interested in volunteering please PM me for more details.

*We still need 8 more Sparkletts Machine Monitors and 2 Designated Drivers

J

Are there perks for the volunteers?

Here are the volunteer perks...

Sparkletts Machiners: Free entry, free mug & free shirt or poster ($30 value)... shifts are 1 1/2 hour (there is a 2-hour shift where those 2 volunteers will get a shirt AND a poster... $40 value)

Designated Drivers: I am renting 2 passenger vans to shuttle people approx. every 15-30 minutes between the local San Clemente/Dana Point hotels. Drivers will start at 4:30pm and drive through 7:00pm and then from 11pm to 1:15am. All of the same perks as the 2-hour Sparkletts Machiners plus a $25 Tiki Farm gift certificate. Of course, no drinking allowed whatsoever for the drivers.

Runner: All of the perks of the 2-hour Sparkletts Machiner plus a $25 Tiki Farm gift certificate & 1-nights lodging.

I am stoked to get the invite to participate, Holden! I got the news on my laptop while on a family vacation here in the ol' D.C. Lookin' forward to it!

D

The vans are great. Holden you are a class act.

Yea this Events Gonna Rock , same here cant wait , Karin Mandy & Zach are gonna come down just fora little while ,Dads stayin HEHE .

For those of you who will need accommodations for the night I just got off the phone with the GM of The Country Plaza Inn http://www.countryplazainn.com . This hotel is located 3.6 miles away from Tiki Farm. She has a block of 20 Rooms set aside for Saturday, July 21st at the rate of $114.00. Parking is Free and Continental Breakfast is served daily. All Reservations must be made by July 5th to receive this special rate. You must call the hotel directly at 949-498-8800 and tell them you want the TIKI FARM RATE. Please feel free to PM me if you have any ?'s.

Another hotel which has availability for the night is the Capistrano Seaside Inn http://www.caposeasideinn.com which is located across the street from Capistrano Beach. Group Rates are not available. Room Rates are $149 plus tax. Continental Breakfast is served on their patio.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-06-18 12:28 ]

XXL? :D

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:32 ]

XXXL??

Are you going to have more toilets????!!!!

p,s, save me an xl! and a womens med. and 2 spuds!!

Werkin non stop till the 21st and will be ready to....

Release some Steam!!

Flaming Tennis anyone??

Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 238 replies