Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Shamelessly watching....DWTS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies

Woo Hoo...Donnie Osmond takes the trophy...da old guy wins!!! Kelly did a great job of hanging in till the end. The closing show was really awful though. This season & last sucked, so hope they improve the next one. :wink:

On 2009-11-25 15:57, VampiressRN wrote: This season & last sucked, so hope they improve the next one. :wink:

here here.

HJ

'Only watch when Cheryl Burke is on...this soul's vision of a dream wahine. What a beautiful lady.

Good news at last...Samantha Harris leaving DWTS!!!

Quote from "Inside TV"
[Every performance comes to a screeching halt when the contestants head backstage for their interview with Harris, who typically asks awkward and unnecessary questions. Worse is the fact that she's not actually an expert in ballroom dancing.]

OK...that is a step in the right direction...yeah she looked good, but was a buffoon. Now I can only hope next season has some decent dancers or at least some entertaining ones.

J

Great news indeed! I say bring back Drew!

On 2010-01-28 23:07, VampiressRN wrote:
Good news at last...Samantha Harris leaving DWTS!!!

Quote from "Inside TV"
Every performance comes to a screeching halt when the contestants head backstage for their interview with Harris, who typically asks awkward and unnecessary questions. Worse is the fact that she's not actually an expert in ballroom dancing.

OK...that is a step in the right direction...yeah she [snip] was a buffoon.

As I think about it (and discuss it w/ TofuJoe), we have a hunch Paula Abdul may be SH's replacement.

Rumours I've heard recently indicate that ABC is in negotiations with Paula for a development deal that stipulates she first be a part of DwtS. She's overqualified to be a contestant, and they're full up on the judges dais, so doing the backstage "Kiss 'n' Cry" would be ideal.

Yeah...I think you are on to something there...makes sense. Now let's just hope she isn't wasted like she used to be on Idol, that would not be good. It is a nice spot to have, but ya gotta be pretty in tune with the dances, sharp witted and politically correct. Tom does a great job really.

TG

I can't envision Paula as a hostess on DWTS. More than anything else, she's a choreographer. If she is anything on the show, I think it has to be as a judge.

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2010-02-01 09:22 ]

The DwtS 2010 Line-Up is Announced

WTF? I'm appalled....

OMG...that is scraping the bottom of the chum bucket. I may be missing this season. :(

TG

Cheryl is partnered with 85, so his coordination and athleticism should help keep her in the running a lot longer than she could go last season. Edyta is partnered with the soap hunk. Still, I have to wonder if I will be able to stand watching the show long enough to actually catch them.

Interesting line up. I missed the first half of the show tonight, but was lucky to see Nicole and Derek and they are my pick for this season.

Cheryl may be a contender with 85, so that's better for me than last season when she had no talent to work with whatsoever.

As for Derek, I've always thought he was one of the best and it looks like he's a definite contender himself this season.

My appreciation of his integrity became elevated a couple of years ago when he called out Warren Sapp for sabatoging a group project they were doing. Warren came to the rehearsal late, was slacking off, complaining, and making everyone else suffer for his own shortcomings. When Derek got in his face about it, Warren apparently lifted Derek off the floor and pressed him against the wall. All I gotta say is that Warren is one lucky SOB that Derek did not send him to the hospital on a gurney.

I'm glad he has a good partner. Hope he loses...to Cheryl and 85.

Why they brought Buzz in, I don't know, since I would expect him to be among the first to go. But it was great seeing the guy I saw as a kid skipping across the surface of the moon now skipping (sort of) across a dance floor decades later. Is Buzz 85? I think he's somewhere in that vicinity, which gives him and Chad something in common.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Apr 20, 2010 9:34 AM

Holy crap, can we just get rid of Kate Gosselin all ready!!? Her poor partner could dance with a mannequin on rollerskates and it would be less stiff and have more life in it's performance than Kate. How the hell has she survived this long?

I don't have a good feeling about Chad and Cheryl, I think he's creeped her out to the point where she knows they won't win and will probably tank it just to get it over with. :cry:

Poor baby! She does have that look of hopelessness about her. Now she knows what it's like to be partnered with a guy who legally changed his name so they'd have to write it on his jersey. 8)

Who wants to tell him that 85 is ochenta y cinco, not ocho cinco. Ocho cinco is 8 5 (separate integers).

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 21, 2010 8:23 AM

Yay, she's gone.

J

FINALLY!!!

Celebrity? Sure. Star? I don't think so.

Rachel Uchitel, the night club hostess who allegedly slept with Tiger Woods, is said to be aiming for a spot on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars," according to Norm Clarke of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Clarke writes that Uchitel has been training for six weeks.

Uchitel, who reportedly moved back to Las Vegas in March, was the first woman to be named as part of Woods' explosive sex scandal. Woods reportedly wrote Uchitel an emotional email and also allegedly shared a bizarre sex fantasy with her. In January, a source who initially revealed Uchitel's relationship with Tiger called her a "celebrity whore."

OK all you closet DWTS viewers are ya gonna admit to watching this season? I hope it is better than the last few!!! Here we go...here we go...here we go...

I want that chandelier that is on the set...it would be perfect in my dining room.

Chelsea...good job for a first dance but boring.
Wendy...girl better learn how to shake that stuff!!!
Hines...he did good and is very limber for a football player:-)
Petra...graceful, she just needs to relax and be more fluid.
Romeo...he's got some moves, might piss off Lynn with the hip hop.
SugarRae...not bad, too stiff though.
Kendra...not bad but talk about a big ego, ouch!!!
Ralph...best dance of the evening-good partnership.
Chris...he tried, just glad he didn't rip his top off.
Mike...didn't like that choreography, it was a mess, I blame the professional.
Kirstie...woo hoo glad she was able to keep up, good match with the evil Maksim.

On 2011-03-21 21:59, VampiressRN wrote:
Chris...he tried, just glad he didn't rip his top off.

I missed the show. Does my honey have a chance this season?

I think Cheryl and Chris will hang in there for a few shows. They won't win as he looks like he doesn't have any inner passion for dance...just for getting a trophy and that won't cut it.

Thought it was a good show though and nobody pissed Len off as much as Bruno...his flamboyance can certainly be annoying.

OMG...is that violinist a HOTTIE or WHAT!!!!

The Orchestra and the Costumes were great last night.

HaHaHa...a little article about the violinist...

Don’t worry. You weren’t the only one thinking “Hellooo, hot stuff!” when David Garrett showed his fine self on the Dancing with the Stars Season 12, Week 4 Performance Show.

It’s Classical Week and the DWTS set included a full 46-piece orchestra, joined by gorgeous multi-platinum mezzo soprano Katherine Jenkins and international violin virtuoso David Garrett. Let’s focus on the 30-year-old German hottie who looks like Brad Pitt meets Colin Farrell with maybe some Kurt Cobain thrown in for good measure.

According to an ABC press release, David Garrett has been dubbed "the fastest violinist in the world.” He appeared in the 2010 Guinness Book of World Records as the fastest-ever performer of the "Flight of the Bumblebee," clocking in at a pretty darn fast 66 seconds. Those are some dexterous fingers!

He’s been doing this for a while. At age 8, David played as a soloist in front of some of the world's greatest orchestras, including the London Philharmonic, the Los Angeles Philharmonic and the Russian National Orchestra. At 13 he was signed to the most famous and prestigious classical music label, Deutsche Grammophon. He later attended Juilliard music school and studied under the legendary violinist Itzhak Perlman, and has since gone on to gain international stardom, topping charts in Europe and selling out concert halls and arenas.

David’s sophomore album, "Rock Symphonies," debuted at No. 2 on Billboard's Classical Crossover Chart in July 2010 and peaked at No. 1. The album is a mainstay of the Top 5, thanks to David’s vibrant interpretations of his favorite rock anthems by U2, Nirvana, Metallica and Aerosmith, to name a few. (We knew the Kurt Cobain thing wasn’t just a fluke.)

He also ranked as of one of the top-selling new artists of 2009, including best-selling new classical artist, and one of the top 10 new best-sellers across all genres that year. A public television superstar, his second headlining concert TV special, just released on DVD, has aired on stations all across the U.S. Audiences turned out in droves for his second U.S. concert tour this past February. Can’t imagine why!

Mr. Hot Violinist will return to DWTS Tuesday night to close out Classical Week with his rocking rendition of "Walk This Way," accompanied by the full orchestra and the equally attractive DWTS Dance Troupe.

My friend Sparky's wife, Cookie, watches this show and due to my having been there last night I saw the show for the second time. (The first time was when I was at their house last Tuesday night.) Despite the hype and mostly has-been "stars" it's kinda neat that what is essentially an old time variety show has such appeal. At times it seemed like Ed Sullivan could come out after a dance, thank the dancers, then introduce the next act. (A plate juggling chimpanzee would have been awesome.)

It was also cool to see a full orchestra playing on a TV show. (I guess that was a special event for the show?) Most interesting was hearing incidental music (violins playing dramatically) before a commercial break and seeing that the music was actually coming from the string section on stage.

I'm not a fan of the show (I'd really rather watch football than dancing and I friggin hate football) but I gotta admit the show can be sorta fun to watch with friends if your're allowed to openly crack jokes about the show. Stuff like Kendra Whatsit (who is famous for being part of a multiple girlfriend shack up with Hugh Hefner, has done several naked spreads in Playboy, and whose life for the past few years has literally been a reality show) crying after a bad performance and saying "I'm so embarrassed, I just want to go hide." Embarrassed, Kendra? I didn't think you had it in yuh.

TG

Lackluster performance, but Romeo and Chelsea danced to a stage of tikis.

I have seen more of this show than I ever imagined I would or imagine I ever will again.

Last night me and the Woofmutt Super Friends ended up watching it (it's all Cookie's fault) and there was a collective WTF??? regarding the insane scores given to the clunky, hulking FrankenHines.

FrankenHines, who has the rhythm and grace of a tone deaf and half paralyzed elephant, once again clodded his way through a performance then received a perfect 30 from the judges and a standing ovation from the audience. How, huh, why? Oh that's right, he literally almost killed his partner during practice! So he was making a triumphant return from his feeling bad. Poor guy.

I'm assuming like most "reality" shows this one is rigged, but what's the real reason behind the FrankenHines love fest?

This was the most watched season of DWTS. I got home late a few times and missed some of it, but all in all it was entertaining.

Kirstie had to put up with a ton of fat jokes, but she had the popular vote behind her and hung in there till the final show...damned good for being 60 years old and dancing for two...however she lost some poundage dancing her arse off and really tried hard...good job.

Hines was not a twinkle toes at the beginning, but by the end he had become an excellent dancer. Glad he won, he deserved it.

...and now back to our regularly scheduled crap TV!!!

J

SO happy we don't have to watch Creepy Mark Ballas every week for the rest of this season!!! Pretty sure the public was voting to NOT keep him, rather than voting out his partner.

Don't care for the line up so after the first show I gave up...will watch at the end.

My babe is still hanging in there, so I keep checking it out.

HJ

'Thinking Cheryl Burke would make a good exotica girl (see thread in general Tiki for the flavour of the genre).

Spoiler Alert...

OK...I admit, with the Mother Unit in residence, we have been watching DWTS this season. Hasn't been too bad, except for watching Emmet and Kirstie plow through their routines. I was sooooo hoping Giles would win (yummy) but he got eliminated tonight.

OK, I've been watching DWTS this season with the wife, earning (or, not losing) some points. Well, my great gosh! Forget about wifey-points, that free-style dance, tonight, by Derek and Kellie Pickler was worth it all. Amazing, balletic, evocative performance. Made my wife cry. And the audience and the judges. Things even got a little blurry for me, for a second. :oops:

I knew Derek and Kellie would win, she was a talent from the start and he really has done some good choreography. I heard that next season they may eliminate the Tuesday night show...which in my opinion is a good idea...it is a boring show.

I have to admit here too that my Mom liked Splash, so we ended up watching that show. That was kinda crazy!!!

OK...Tommy Chong was going for the green!!! I may have to start voting this season.

Oh yeah....THE CARLTON...that's the ticket. I was LMAO.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 422 replies