Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 259 replies

B

Well, I was already working on this idea and was waiting to announce it, but it seems you guys have beat me to the punch.

For NETT Jr this year (09) it will NOT be a bus trip, but rather a western Mass destination (faaaar western mass) Dinner & drinks at the joint, hotel right up the road, crawl & hang, etc.

There's outlet malls nearby...not sure about the thrift stores.

Tiki Retreat. Details coming soon.

S

I'm in!!

H

Bargoyle, that sounds great! Can't wait to hear the details when they come out. We'd defitinitely be interested.

Damn! As much fun as I had at NETT, um, Sr.?, I gotta come for this!
What time of year (vaguely)?

Thinking mid spring (April?)

Although it might still be a bit cold up in the Berkshires.

We may also do a tour of one of New England's Rum distilleries. Yes, rum is made in New England again. We now have three distilleries up here in the northeast!!

I'll give the Retreat its own thread when everything is worked out. Everything may change if everything comes together for the "really big idea".

Ooooh-Does the "Really Big Idea" involve Kool-Aid and a trip to Guyana????

On 2008-09-29 13:15, Tiki Mortis wrote:
Ooooh-Does the "Really Big Idea" involve Kool-Aid and a trip to Guyana????

OOHHH YYYEEEAAA!!!

Count me in. I'll play!

S

Yes, rum is made in New England again. We now have three distilleries up here in the northeast!!

Four, actually. I have inside sources. Stay tuned. :)

R
Rain posted on Wed, Oct 1, 2008 9:34 AM

eeehhhhxcellent.

Anyone else just spend the last half hour at work hitting "refresh" to buy the MS benefit mug?

Great mug, great cause. Great job, guys.

On 2008-10-01 09:40, Professor Pineapple wrote:
Anyone else just spend the last half hour at work hitting "refresh" to buy the MS benefit mug?

Great mug, great cause. Great job, guys.

LOL!

Mahalo!

..sb

B

Sorry about that.

It took a few minutes for the server to accept the update to the page.

Also, tiki retreat is being reconed this weekend, and next weekend, so more details soon. 1st weekend in May looks like the dates....for now...subject to change.

To make it up to all the people we kept waiting, we're sending the first 40 buyers the "#1 of 200" mug.

Kidding!

S

How many have you sold? Pappy? Bargoyle?

:)

This is for a good cause, people. And it's frickin' awesome. So go buy one already.

Suzanne

H

I'm glad I wasn't the only one refreshing in a panic for 20 minutes! Still, I got one eventually, so it's all fine. On the bus tour I got to meet and chat with the lovely woman who inspired the idea. Gorgeous mug, too, and a wonderful cause. Thanks to everyone who put the whole thing together.

[ Edited by: hibiscus 2008-10-10 13:45 ]

B

The post-NETT questionnaire email has gone out.

If you were on the tour and don't receive it, send me a PM.

Please take a few minutes & answer honestly.

Its completely anonymous if you dont put your name on it, and we really do listen.

And again, please be honest. You wont hurt our feelings if you didnt like something. We need to know to be able to fix it.

Again, mahalos to all.

-bargoyle

On 2008-09-22 11:25, sneakyjack wrote:

Hell of a shirt Jack!

You cats know how to throw a fun crawl. Lots of familiar faces too...

VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- VAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- VOOOOOOOOOOOM!! :blush:

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Jul 31, 2009 10:44 PM

On 2007-11-19 14:00, pappythesailor wrote:

Tiki Palace - Braintree - Talk about an ironic name! We walked in and walked out. NO tiki at all.

Tiki Palace Menu (Inside)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 259 replies