Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

2008 Northeast Tiki Tour (NETT)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 259 replies

S

On 2008-09-18 06:12, Bargoyle wrote:
No need for pics...it will be burned into your mind for all eternity.

What has been seen cannot be unseen!!!!!! bwaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

Bwaha. ha. ha. Not to be confused, ever, with Bwana, which means something else entirely.

You are going to DESERVE a 5am Conch Shell Salute after this, you know.

Suzanne

T

Word from the front desk. There will be a few civilians in the hotel tonight. She said that they will warn them....

Only hours to wait!

Yes, we are indeed on the countdown. Just remember, what happens in Danvers, stays in Danvers. Sometimes gets run over by traffic on Rt. 1.

T

I'm so depressed :(, I was on the list just in case someone fell off. And just my luck I didn't check my email for two days. Then I was offered to go, but not prepared. So I had to give up the two seats to the next one in line. So who ever ended up with them, have a ball and a :drink: for me. Hell, have a lot of drinks for me. :drink: :drink: :drink: Take lots of pictures of all the folks and the good times missed. Something this close and I have to screw it up. I'll be there next year for sure!

YIPPEEE YAHOOOO DOING CARTWHEELS

On 2008-09-19 09:26, Tikisgrl wrote:
Word from the front desk. There will be a few civilians in the hotel tonight. She said that they will warn them....

Only hours to wait!

We are having a blast! Last night's room crawl was top notch. Too much fun...delicious coctails and great variation! The buses arrive in less than too hours. Wish you were here Tiki Paka! hop in your helicopter now and get on da bus!

T

Thanks Jon, :D I'm kicking myself in the ass every minute now. :x :( Tomorrow is our anniversary, and to think that we could have been there with all you folks getting plastered and crawling from room to room. Damn it all! Hell I would have danced on top of the table with HulaCat. :lol: Kelly & Paul, I miss you two and all the others. I guess we'll have to have some kind of NE bash at our place next summer and you'll all have to camp out in the yard! :lol: Ok, it will have to be pot luck. :lol: Well it looks like we'll be here by ourselves toasting our :drink:s and thinking of all of you. Have fun tonight and think of us tommorrow. Yeah right, enjoy, I've already had 6 shots, so I'm failing no pain now! :roll:

Having a blast indeed. I overslept and missed the bus. That's ok. Friday night was amazing. Everyone who decorated and hosted their room did a phenominal job. There was a nice sign at the check out desk that thanked us for a good time with hopes of seeing us again next year. Hmmm....sounds like a great idea!
I ache allll over. Not being much of a drinker, I surely had a nice hangover today. Ughh...I feel like a zombie. A big thank you to everyone for a fabulous time and sorry that I missed out on the rest of the festivities. That's ok, because I was perfectly happy with Friday night. I'm attaching some pictures for your viewing pleasure! XOXO

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8511/48d5909d.jpg[/img
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8511/48d590e2.jpg)

T

Nice photos, :o come on folks wake up and take some more! :lol: What's the next stop? We'll meet you there. Just kidding, full day planned already. Way to much kissing going on there. Love those first two photos in this last set. Thanks for sharing :D More, please

K

Wow... It was my first time at a Tiki Central Event. TikiMortis and myself hosted a room Friday and I must say compared to others it seems I have some work to do starting today to compete with you guys. I must train my liver and tiki fashion sense to hopefully make a showing next year. You all where very kind to me and I enjoyed really really enjoyed myself ....... And yes I know there still a room on the bus :)...

K'Tiki (Formerly Ken)..

Thanks again to you all.

B

Just a quick Mahalo to all the attendees, bands, and volunteers at the NETT. A spectacular weekend made even better by a group of just plain old fantastic people.

Now, I've got to go sleep about 3 or 4 days to recover.

Does Betty Ford take walk-ins, or do you think I should call first?

I would encourage everyone to tag their photos with NETT2 so they can easily be found.

you can go to my facebook page at http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59654&id=582772703&saved#/profile.php?id=582772703&ref=profile to see my photos there (and add me if you haven't already)

and you can go to my flicker set here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/strathkinnessjb/sets/72157607419764929/

I hope people will tag the photos they are in, so I don't have to do it all myself!! Especially since I don't know everyone's real names.

..sb

Good times had - indeed great to meet more folks face to face. I have a ton of pics and I know you all want to see em, but I got to comb through em first.

Sully excellent work! (Too bad the other bus broke down [near the end of the tour] - I told you no number 2 in the bus' bathroom! - thats a tour rule)

I hope to see and meet more people in the coming weeks and months and ....

Anyway stay tuned!
There's only 250 or so pics to look through!

"We have to keep meeting like this"

C

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS weekend, Sully & crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm too friggin' tired to write much. I just wanna say the Tiki stops did have some good cocktails...BUT...You guys, you guys made some fantastic cocktails...really ahh wicked good as they say in Boston. Please post some pictures and drink recipes at the below sight. I posted a few to start off. It's open to all who have pics from the tour. Oh I'd like to know where I can get a bigger group shot of us.

http://newenglandtikitour2008.shutterfly.com/

I'm already looking forward to next year. After my liver recovers.

Mark
Caber-Net

Bargoyle.. Pappy.. thanks for your most excellent platform for polynesian and tiki debauchery.
I had soo much fun.. I forgot to take pictures. In the words of Alice from the Brady Bunch - "My 'Hu' went this way and my 'La' went that way.

I thought our visit to Kowloon was amazing fun! That place is a blast!

Bye to the New Tiki! snif snif

Mahalo to those of you that partook in the pleasures of Room 202 'Exotic Island'. The 16mm film festival went till 4am Sunday Morning, as we thrilled to the pleasures and adventures of the Creature, the Brady's, Ricardo Montalban and Tattoo, and a mermaid. Best of all was the vintage archive film of the Aloha chapter of the Shriners and their visit/cruise to Hawaii in 1952. Really great to meet you Ahu, Alice, P Pupule and Tiki Hana. So many others to mention but not enough time to fit it all in. Looking forward to your next visit to 'Exotic Island'.

To all the attendees of the NETT2 - thanks for a great adventure, SEE YOU SOON!
Jon

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2008-09-22 05:22 ]

Jon, thank YOU!!!!

Your beautiful room, and film show, and Mai-Tais, were a major part of my NETT experience!

NETT 2 was twice as good as NETT 1!!!!!

T

Wow this years NETT was great! I was a little too tired last night to say thanks to everyone that made this special so here goes. Thanks to Bargoyle & Pappy for all their hard work and efforts to make this a great event. Thanks to The Mayor of Exotica, Proffessahhummingflowah, Captain Quad & Rev Thumper for taking such great care of us on the bus!

The bands, the room crawls the "tiki" bars and of course the room crawls!

It was great meeting new people and seeing everyone else. I have like 6 pictures so I hope others took lots.

Tikisgrl aka Beth

ok heres a some of the first day / night room crawl with more to come as I get time:

the creators of the blue lory lounge (mostly Ginas stuff though!)

rhum rhum room

yep custom glasses

whered you get that jacket? - damian?

rugbymatt

Sully does get around! Ray / urban

johnman

hula gets artsy

tiki torch drink in action (Very tasty!)

it blends into the mirror but note the container for the tiki torch drink!

down with pants?

bob / tiki hana / satisfied customer!

the water was warmer than the air!

Scottes' rum tasting room - good times ahead!!!!!

injoying the rums

injoy

sully kicks it with the locals

plotting the takeover - FOM

is that pineapple head?

hula kat and deb chow down!

conch

theres no rum in there - nic

on your knees!!! - worship the conch

Ok tour day and eve:
part one BUS gather and ride to Tiki Island

conch is back

nic I told yo theres no rum in there (ok but for real she can make the right sound come out of this shell)

tea time already?

yep carpet

welcoming the food

navy grog a little too much grapefruit in it but not a bad starter

proof my stickers are good for something

what can I say - Thanks iceman (NY ohana)

next stop

I keep seeing this guy...

lamp detail

getting restless

on the way to

save the turtles

other people posted the dancers and links to youtube..
Where'd you get that jacket?

Tellin stories makes you tired (mahalo for the knowledge)

if you could hear the conversation it involves nipple tassels (need I say more?)

sully where you at?

on to bali Hai

it got dark.....

father and son (I think)

raffles and cheap drinks with slow service!

me and LM NYC represent!

some how we are related:

end of the line:

same lighting and oh so close:

they shake their bones

relocated NY ohana

oh yeah they sell food here:

not so secret room upstairs

this is what the big logo tiki sees from his front door perch:

its not a party til the cops come:

mai tais and 16mm movies til four am then check out

hit the road jack

see ya for the nett one (NEtt 3d)

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2008-09-22 19:02 ]

[ Edited by: sneakyjack 2008-09-27 19:14 ]

S

Jack, thanks for posting all those shots! I never managed to get time to work my camera. Mahalo!

B

On 2008-09-22 07:31, The Granite Tiki wrote:
NETT 2 was twice as good as NETT 1!!!!!

Does this mean NETT 3-D has to be thrice good?

Gonna be hard to outdo this one, but I've got some ideas.

Great pics everyone!! keep em coming!

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2008-09-22 14:32 ]

I must see the one that we took together. Can you post it?

On 2008-09-22 08:19, Tikisgrl wrote:
I have like 6 pictures so I hope others took lots.

Tikisgrl aka Beth

Here are ours:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/velveteenlounge/sets/72157607436399949/

We had the BEST time, but we always do at NETT!

Happy belated anniversary, Tiki Paka! We missed you!

T

Kelly, loved the photo's. And I noticed you holding one of the New Tiki menus in the group photo. Well we missed this one, but we'll be there next time, by hook or by crook! I already signed up for the 3 hour tour for the Hukilau next year. Now I hope I remember to get the tickets when they come up for the main event. :lol:

Big mahalos to the organizers, sponsors and attendees of NETT2.
Jill & I had the time of our lives! See all of you next year, and many sooner.
-Paige

We had such a wonderful time! Mahalo for every moment. :) Here are some pictures, and a video! Enjoy! :)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXpI_IB6-jE

Pics:

More pics to come later today... :wink:

I guess "later today" came early! :wink: More pics to enjoy:

Then:
And Now:

(swaying with a lighter during a sad song)

K

OMG! Looks like you guys had a blast, judging from these photo!
And that is some serious room crawl decoration!
Keep the photo's coming! It's the next best thing to being there!

A couple of notable pics to add to the board
Room 202'Exotic Island (Thanks to Princess Pupule}

Nicole/birdgirl calls the busses to action

Lorna strikes a pose with 'takeout' at Tiki Island

Joe prepares to balance 'takeout' on a steel pole at TI

Tiki Hana looking cool at TI

Eventually... everyone leans to the right on the NETT

BEWARE! when the eyes glow red

Kowloon happiness!

Perpetual 70's disco at the Kowloon!

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2008-09-23 09:56 ]

Hahaha! That last pic is great! That was during "Dancing Queen", yes? :)

On 2008-09-22 11:25, sneakyjack wrote:

down with pants?

Up with Skirts!

On 2008-09-22 11:25, sneakyjack wrote:
proof my stickers are good for something

I love it! I'd order one but I figure the shipping'd kill me...

Hey now FF, dems my undies, not a skirt!!

Ok, so maybe I need to lose some weight.

T

Ok,what great times had by all (except me :() and Jon I love those few pics of room 202. But I have to agree my now favorite photo is that 70's disco dancing with two of the top ladies.. What no guy's got on that dance floor? Come on and put one up with the guy's dancing. I WILL see you all next year. Damn it! :lol:

[I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy]
Although, I probably could you one.

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-09-24 01:49 ]

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-09-24 01:50 ]

S

Is that the Mayor's tongue? In Bargoyle's shorts?

Folks, you know this is why you love New England.

I will now go and TRY to find a way to get this image out of my retina. EEK!

Suzanne

H

Aloha, all! Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for being so welcoming to us new folk. Barry and I had a fantastic time, and hope to see you all again at some point.

Sorry it took a while to get these photos up -

A hui hou, cats and kittens!

Barbara

HC

Aloha "Tiki Trainer" Deb had an absolute blast! Nothing like enjoying a disoriented alcohol infused haze, surrounded by all you wonderful ohana. Special thanks to all who made this happen. The Tiki Train a humble endeavor after that! However, after seeing the bar raised, there is going to be some kind of party on the 2nd Annual Tiki Train. (April 2009). Some meager and highly artful (ha!) photos that we assimulated, while our fingers were working, will be posted soon. Love you all.

Pappy that Kowloon sign 'up' shot is absolutely spectacular! def gonna save that one... suitable for framing! Nice one Pappy!

If want it full size (anybody) jest say so.

R
Rain posted on Sat, Sep 27, 2008 6:39 PM

So what are the odds that the room crawl portion of this could happen more than annually? Johnman and and I were already [drunkenly] making plans for next time that night. We could just make a weekend of bands and drinks, perhaps some grilling, and give our fine organizers a break from the restaurant and bus business, no?

You know what dude... that's a great idea!
You also should run for president.
Seriously... love the idea!!!!!
Can we find motels/hotels/holiday inns that would accept us!
quarterly? bi annually?
I love the idea.
I will definitely offer my help in the planning!

I like the hotel jam scene 16mm movies on the shade, room crawl and tunes..

This is also a bump back a page 15 where I added the rest of the tour pics (finally) - from arrival to departure all in a few pictures.

but a fun group shot :

and thanks to my sorta some how cousin:

see ya'all soon!

"We have to keep meeting like this"

On 2008-09-27 18:39, Rain wrote:
So what are the odds that the room crawl portion of this could happen more than annually?

That is far easier than you think.....

Tiki-Weekenders!

East Coast Tiki Revival is a weekend where everyone gets together for dinner, after dinner fun at the hotel, local thrifting, more fun at the hotel. Not as organized as a 'room crawl' but just as much fun!

Weeki Wachee Weekender is weekend where everyone gets (got) together for a pot-luck luau, room party, visit with the Mermaids, and can't forget Karaoke! Still not as organized as a 'room crawl' but just as much fun.

You can do the same thing in your area. Any area really. You need a Hotel, an excuse to get together, and people. You know what hotels are in your area that would be suitable. The excuse to get together can be just about anything, I always like days that end in Y. And the people will come if you give them enough notice to make travel plans.

So, go forth! Make more events! Make more reasons for the o'hana to get together! Build it, they will come!

I love the idea of tiki weekends, or even just an occasional evening of dinner-and-room-crawl tiki goodness - more low-key than the Tour but more frequent. Mix it up a bit for different ones like folks have already suggested - one time with a band, another time with dancers or karaoke or whatever, maybe even a Tiki Christmas party! We'd certainly be up for any of that!

It would be a nice, less expensive way for people to meet up. I'd be willing to assist with organizing if you need some extra hands.

On 2008-09-26 13:58, pappythesailor wrote:
If want it full size (anybody) jest say so.

Sure, why not?! That sounds like fun to me. Also a great way to get to know everyone better. I'm in. I'll help too.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 259 replies