Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Regrettable Tiki Food

Pages: 1 41 replies

Some time ago, I wrote a cooking feature for our local rag about tiki party food -- how the trend gave rise to certain dishes we now take for granted in many Chinese restaurants, for instance.

La Verandah went about gathering recipes from all and sundry and came up with some doozies -- the really uniques ones, alas, her editor did not appreciate and refused to include in the final article.

The one that stands out in memory is also the dead easiest. An antiques dealer told me that her parents' usual contribution to tiki cocktail parties in the early '60s was an "exotic" dip composed of equal parts cheap yellow mustard and Welsh's Grape Jelly. It went splendidly with the little weenies one was supposed to dip with.

If anyone else is familiar with James Lileks' Gallery of Regrettable Food site (http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/ ), it may seem obvious that vintage, homemade tiki food could probably fill a category in itself. I couldn't find this topic already existing so hope it's not covering old ground.

To whit: Got Regrettable Tiki Food Recipes?

That site is hilarious. I actually have a couple of those vintage books, and they rule. I don't have any recipes to share at the moment, just wanted to say thanks for the link.
Cheers

Not strictly on topic, but don't dismiss the mustard and jelly thing out of hand.

For my tiki parties, I often combine some brown mustard and blackberry jelly and put them in a crock pot on low. I toss in a bunch of li'l smokies sausages and stir every now and then. The mixture reduces down to a thick sauce after a couple of hours. I provide a ladle, plates and toothpicks for guests to serve themselves.

This is always a huge hit at parties. The sausages come out sweet and tangy, which balances well with a lot of tiki drinks and the other finger foods I have set out.

• SV

(I have some cookbooks from the 60's in my collection just for the humor value. There's some scary stuff in there.)

On 2007-11-18 11:02, serious voodoo wrote:
Not strictly on topic, but don't dismiss the mustard and jelly thing out of hand.

For my tiki parties, I often combine some brown mustard and blackberry jelly and put them in a crock pot on low. I toss in a bunch of li'l smokies sausages and stir every now and then. The mixture reduces down to a thick sauce after a couple of hours. I provide a ladle, plates and toothpicks for guests to serve themselves.

This is always a huge hit at parties. The sausages come out sweet and tangy, which balances well with a lot of tiki drinks and the other finger foods I have set out.

• SV

(I have some cookbooks from the 60's in my collection just for the humor value. There's some scary stuff in there.)

A new and much tastier take on an old tiki recipe seems to me to be completely on topic! Much more flavorful than the combo I found. Let's expand the original question: Got Regrettable Tiki Food or a Recipe that Improves on Such?

Sounds great. My mom used to cut up hot dogs, toss them into a skillet, and after they browned a little, she'd sprinkle in sugar until they had a nice caramelized coating. She'd serve them in a large bowl with toothpicks on either side and an array of dipping sauces that varied. I make them quite often. It's hard to find anyone who doesn't like them. The ones I burn a little I like the best.

A

I'm actually writing my thesis on mid-century food, tiki-themed backyard barbeques in particular. I have many insane recipes included. A big park of my research has been collecting old cookbooks from thrift stores. I'll be happy to share my proposal, and I would love to read your entire article.

Allison, I am certain you are including the groundbreaking research of Jeff Berry and Annene Kaye in your thesis, published in Beachbum Berry's TABOO TABLE ? Just like the Bum's other tomes, it is standard reading among TCers. While James Lileks' books are hilariously funny (topped by his laugh-out-loud "Interior Desecrations"), the Bum actually went into the history of this perhaps not-so-memorable facet of Polynesian pop.

M

I just ran across a menu for an "Island Feast" in my 1968 printing of Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Cook Book.

"Gaiety reigns!" it begins, and refers to "these dishes from Trader Vic's of Oakland and San Francisco"

The feast includes

Water Chestnuts with Chicken Livers
Kona Chicken
Batter Fried Shrimp with Sauces
Chinese Pease with Water Chestnuts
Waikiki Salad
Raspbery Sherbet with Coconut
Beach Boy Punch

The images show an Outrigger Salad boat made of cucumber and asparagus spears "on a sea of cottage cheese", and the Waikiki salad is served in a halved pineapple!

My husband and I are thinking of doing a patio luau this summer since we most likely won't be able to get to the Hukilau in FLA (the one in Chicopee is more like it) so I will have to see how some of these turn out!

T

I have a Trader Vics cookbook from the laste 60's (I think) that has some cool stuff in it. Also, I have a few outdoor cookbooks from that same time period with "Luau" recipes...the photos are, of course...great.

Ahhh, 60's luau foods. Yum.

Cocktail weenies were the staple dish of the many cocktail parties (and luaus) that my parents hosted. The sweet and spicy version that my mom made used red currant jelly and Polish-style mustard (preferably Kosciusko) and the weenies were usually fried. She also made a deviled version (the recipe of which which I've taken and improved upon by baking instead of frying).

Ambrosia salad; 'Polynesian' skewers (grilled peppers, onions, and other veggies with pineapple); various jello molds; onion or curry dips; rum-glazed grilled pineapple; and Tahitian drums (chicken wings marinaded in Kikoman teriyaki sauce plus a few other ingredients and grilled to death). As the Oldest Kid, my job was to make the millions of rolled and "cookie-cut" canapes, most of which were 'luaued" with the addition of pineapple, waterchestnuts and snow peas. I still have the bridge-themed cutter set...

Most of these recipes were of the "easy" or "quick" variety and used lots of prepared products. My mom told me that she got a few out of Good Houskeeping, but the jelly-mustard recipe is from a jar label and originally used Gulden's spicy. We also had servingware that had recipes printed on them, the results occasionally appearing at luaus. Anyhow, I've just finished writing out some of these recipes and can share them if there's interest. (Ambrosia salad to come...my sister is the keeper of that one.)

Hello Everyone!

I just joined the forum, and before I do anything else, I want to take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm a chef and food writer, based in Western Connecticut, who has recently become interested in Tiki culture. Some of my articles have gently touched on the subject, but I am planning a full article on it sometime in the future. Taking a "full immersion" approach to things, my sous and I are planning a couple of tiki-themed parties this summer. Towards that end, we've been scouring eBay for geegaws, ordering music from Amazon, and are planning menus for our events. Any suggestions for a basic subset of tikiware for outside would be appreciated.

Now, the mustard and grape jelly dip for mini-weenies brought back memories of something my mother used to make. She called them "Drunken Dogs", and after 40+ years, they're still my father's favorite. Allow me to share:

Drunken Dogs

1 lb cocktails
1 cup tomato catsup
1 cup dark brown sugar
3 tbsp minced onion
1/2 cup dark rum

Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Simmer until the mixture becomes thick. Transfer to a chafing dish or fondue pot and serve warm.

The original recipe used bourbon, but since the time I tried to make them and only had a bottle of Meyer's around, I've never used anything else.

Mom was also a firm believer in "Ant on a Log" as an hors d'oeuvre, as well as being the first housewives in the neighborhood to latch onto, and promote, the convenience of cheese in a can.

At the mention of James Liekes, I cringed, as Mom was also a collector (and unfortunately, a user) of many of the cookbooks he spoofs.

Well, I think this is going to be a fun place to hang out. Any Tiki food ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chef Frank

How-do, Chef Frank!

La Verandah has also been collecting items and recipes for a tiki dinner party to be held at some indefinite time this summer. She has the added challenge of making sure there will be plenty of food that her consort can eat without triggering major digestive upsets -- sans wheat, barley, rye, fiery spiciness, corn syrups and cow's milk. Oh yes, and he won't eat pork or beef.

That doesn't mean La Verandah can't serve items of this sort, only that there will have to be quite a variety to cover the dietary needs of different guests. Coconut milk turns out to be a very satisfactory substitute for the bovine variety, better than rice or almond milk which tend to be much sweeter and thinner. Rice anything, sweet potatoes (yams), tofu and tamari sauce (wheat-free soy sauce) have also become staples in her cucina when exotica is called for.

Some recipes will be posted at a more convenient hour. However, I can recommend a trip to an ethnic-specialty grocery store (usually modest little mom-and-pop places) where one can find all sorts of things not available in one's standard Safeway. Greek, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Indian -- honestly, they are treasure troves of inexpensive exotic goodies!

As for tiki-style serving ware, we're probably all familiar with thrift shops and the less chi chi antiques stores as excellent caches. Also recommended are less-expensive import stores such as Cost Plus World Market, especially as the weather grows warmer. One can find a good variety of wooden, bamboo and ceramic plates, serving pieces and decorative items that recall tiki style quite splendidly.

And I'm sure le chef knows that if one has a restaurant-supply store within reasonable distance it is well worth a trip because they often supply cheap basic goods that allow one to splurge on more expensive tiki collectibles.

[ Edited by: Carmine Verandah 2008-01-26 12:54 ]

This thread made me remember I have have 1972 Trader Vic's Bartender's Guide. :D

Inside I found a hand-written variation on tiki punch:

Cheap burgundy (base)
Cup sugar (thicken)
Juice of 4 lemons, 4 limes, 4 oranges (more if you want more fruity)
Apple juice (add more sweetness)

Options:
cinnamon
nutmeg
vodka (kick it up)
Sprite (fizz)
brandy (depth & complexity)
orange juice (if tired of squeezing)

Not sure how tiki-like cinammon and nutmeg would make it taste -- sounds more like a Christmas punch!

I think this recipe for Chutney Aspic, which appears in Trader Vic's Pacific Island Cookbook, qualifies as "regrettable".

Wow - it looks like frozen vomit.

"Aspic""Mmm-mmm... great aspic, hon!" "Save some aspic for me!" "More aspic, please!"

Aspic (noun): "A savory jelly made of clarified meat, fish, or vegetable stock and gelatin"

Mmm, more clarified meat jelly, please!

Well thank you, La Verandah!
(For those of you who don't speak Spanish, "La Verandah" translates to "The Verandah".

It just so happens I live in the antique capital of Connecticut, and often browse the myriad stores just to see what I can find that is both useful, and would tick my neighbors off if I display it outside (I had my eye on a very beautiful reproduction of the famous Belgium statue "Manneken Pis", which unfortunately, I had to pass on since my wife threatened me with bodily harm should I bring it home, even though the thought of horrifying the neighbors with it by displaying it on the front lawn was intriguing to her). Unfortunately, the bulk of what I find is more geared towards horse racing and over-priced Colonial bedroom sets. I shall have to settle for scouring eBay and Tiki stores for what I want.

Since we spend most of the summer out of doors, and once it gets warm enough, shoes are not part of our leisure wardrobe, everything that goes outside has to be non-breakable. We already have some nice acrylic barware - rocks glasses, double rocks glasses, wine glasses (both red and white), collins glasses, hurricane glasses, margarita glasses and martini glasses (although, we prefer to use the chrome set most of the time).

La Verandah is correct in presuming that I have access to a restaurant supply company. Rest assured that the basic requirements of cheap, tacky, serviceware is complete, including bamboo drink coasters, cocktail umbrellas, plastic drink monkeys, and naked mermaid drink stirrers. I also have a good selection of plastic wicker baskets which are very nice for serving potato chips, if you line them with a piece of waxed paper first. If you can think of any essentials that a tiki newbie is missing, I would be appreciative if you would point them out to me.

As to some of your food challenges, it just so happens that I am somewhat of an expert in developing menus for those folks who are either allergic to certain foods, or for religious or personal reasons, do not eat various foods. Please feel free to contact me through my email if you're looking for something specific - I have a great variety of recipes and substitutions that may be of use to you.

Frank

M

ick, my mother used to make tomato aspic it was gross. Among other unsavory dishes.She is a fantastic cook now. Cheeseburger soup was another unfavorite that was early 70's.

I support the sunshine coming out in Washington
:tiki:

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-01-27 19:00 ]

On 2008-01-27 12:45, ChefFrank wrote:
Since we spend most of the summer out of doors, and once it gets warm enough, shoes are not part of our leisure wardrobe, everything that goes outside has to be non-breakable. We already have some nice acrylic barware - rocks glasses, double rocks glasses, wine glasses (both red and white), collins glasses, hurricane glasses, margarita glasses and martini glasses (although, we prefer to use the chrome set most of the time).

La Verandah is correct in presuming that I have access to a restaurant supply company. Rest assured that the basic requirements of cheap, tacky, serviceware is complete, including bamboo drink coasters, cocktail umbrellas, plastic drink monkeys, and naked mermaid drink stirrers. I also have a good selection of plastic wicker baskets which are very nice for serving potato chips, if you line them with a piece of waxed paper first. If you can think of any essentials that a tiki newbie is missing, I would be appreciative if you would point them out to me.

Hey Frank, you need to stock up on monkeypod items such as the ubiquitous half-pineapple salad bowl sets. Odds are your local thriftstores are well stocked with a profusion of different styles and sizes at reasonable prices. Unbreakable and more aesthetically pleasing (I think) than plastic.

Here are a couple of my favorite monkeypod pieces:

tiki handled snack bowl

scallop shaped platter

Happy hunting.

A

I have heaps of vintage recipes and photos, some nasty and some decent.

the "Hawaiian Special" BBQ menu

I actually want to employ this one at a cookout - mini grills via coals in a flowerpot.

Well, DAMN!! Sweet Daddy Tiki - those are some impressive pineapples you're sporting there. They must be making La Verandah very jealous by now. Now we know why they call you "Sweet"!!! Thanks so much for sharing them with me.

Anyway, yes, they are much more impressive than the baskets we are currently using, although, I neglected to mention the wicker paper plate holders that we sometimes utilize for those feast nights when even Chinet won't do.

I will surely check the discount stores, although, I doubt I can find them for less than $50 (for the 11 piece set), which is what they are selling for on the web - still, a decent price. I can imagine my neighbors now: "Wow! Lookee those pineapple thingies they gots. And they're probably authentic monkeypod, too. Let's hock the Dale Jr. commemorative set of shot glasses and get us a set of them thingies, too!"

For a conservative town in Connecticut, there are sure a lot of rednecks here.

Chef

Jealous? Moi?

Must unearth the instructions for making photos of my modest collection appear here (La Verandah is tech-challenged). My pineapple is less ostentatious, true, but I gotta clam that'll stand up to anyone's!

I did chortle over AllisonV's lovely little pineapple ring-strewn, um, barbecue casserole. La Verandah remembers (not fondly) her belief as a child that all pineapple popped out of syrupy cans in tidy little rings.

Canned pineapple. Maraschino cherries. Spam. Cocktail wienies. Mustard n' jelly. Are we missing any key ingredients of the Regrettable Tiki Spread?

C

Maybe instead of carting all the ingredients for Tiki drinks around, you could get some of those little cans of pre-made Mai Tai? Fill up a bin with ice, throw a couple of dozen of those cans in, and you won't have to stop drinking to mix a new one.

Actually, many years ago, I hosted a "tacky" party. The highlight was a buffet of cheap cold cuts and jello salads. I outdid myself on the appetizers, though: Ants on a log, cubes of Velveeta on Ritz crackers with a slice of stuffed olive on top, held together with a frilly pick, and cans of spray cheese. Also, the generic beer ran freely. I put together a "party tape" of 147 different versions of "Feelings" to set the mood.

The best, though, was the guest list. "A" list people were sent an invitation that said it was a tacky party, and to dress accordingly. The "B" list guests were just invited to a party, "Come as you are".

A good time was had by all the "A" list people.

On 2008-02-06 05:40, ChefFrank wrote:
Maybe instead of carting all the ingredients for Tiki drinks around, you could get some of those little cans of pre-made Mai Tai? Fill up a bin with ice, throw a couple of dozen of those cans in, and you won't have to stop drinking to mix a new one.

Actually, many years ago, I hosted a "tacky" party. The highlight was a buffet of cheap cold cuts and jello salads. I outdid myself on the appetizers, though: Ants on a log, cubes of Velveeta on Ritz crackers with a slice of stuffed olive on top, held together with a frilly pick, and cans of spray cheese. Also, the generic beer ran freely. I put together a "party tape" of 147 different versions of "Feelings" to set the mood.

The best, though, was the guest list. "A" list people were sent an invitation that said it was a tacky party, and to dress accordingly. The "B" list guests were just invited to a party, "Come as you are".

And the B folks -- what, wondered why everyone was snickering at 'em?

Given that the line between "tacky" and "tiki" is a very fine one indeed -- in every sense of the word -- La Verandah would hesitant about making too fine a distinction...

On 2008-02-06 05:40, ChefFrank wrote:
...The best, though, was the guest list. "A" list people were sent an invitation that said it was a tacky party, and to dress accordingly. The "B" list guests were just invited to a party, "Come as you are".

I am so going to steal that idea!

totally dig those mini grills in the flowerpots. thatsa good idea. Easy to do everybodys got flower pots sitting around

I know a guy that has some cool tiki flower pots that you can convert into a BBQ.

• SV

hehe, I always used to wonder where my Dad got that recipe from! I used to love those little sauced up smokies :wink:

T

I'll have to try those flower pot grills. I love little hibachis, and that's a nifty idea.

Calling it "aspic" is simply trying to make it sound classy. Really, it's gelatin, or even unflavored Jello. Aspic, really, is what you make yourself from stock from bones... And this chutney recipe is one of the more tasty-sounding ones I've seen. Most of the gelatin salads, savories and even desserts of the 50s, 60s and 70s were pretty horrifying. Tomato does sound bad, but jellied calves' feet... Or, if you want to go british, the Cockney dish of jellied eels. I do like eel, but... not like that.

The infamous "Encyclopedia of Bad Taste" by the Sterns has a chapter on Polynesian drinks, and talks about Trader Vic. The Sterns speak of anything in that book in the worst, tackiest terms possible - for example, describing Bongo Bongo Soup as using Gerber babyfood spinach. They want readers to go "Eeeuw, that IS horrible!". I like reading it, yes, but there are a few chapters I disagree with. That, and their take on lava lamps. Mmm, lava lamps.

MT

Here's one I found at retrofood.com that might fit into this category. But, who knows, it might be good.

Luau Tuna Salad
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp parsley flakes

Mix ingredients well

1 13-oz can tuna
1 cup pineapple chunks, drained (I use tidbits-well-drained)
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup walnuts, chopped (I use cashews)

Combine tuna, pineapple, celery and walnuts. Fold in curried mayonnaise. Serve on lettuce leaves garnished with whole walnuts. Serves 6-8.

W

I missed this thread when it first went up, but in the spirit of keeping all the kitchen horrors together here's a rehash from my Yum? Doubtful Hawaiian Cookbook Drinks and Food Recipes thread a while back...

I've noticed in Hawaiian food and drinks books and booklets I've picked up that there are a lot of recipes that just sound...Crappy. So why shouldn't we share these most likely awful (or just so bland as to not be worth it) recipes?

From a booklet called Hapa Hawaiian Pupu & Cocktails (no date or publisher listed)

Red Noodle Cooler
Red Noodle Restaurant, Waikiki

4 oz red wine
2 oz 7 Up
1/2 fresh lime.

Fill 11 oz Old Fashioned Glass with cracked ice. Pour mixture over ice.

Pele
Black Angus Restaurant, Waikiki

1/2 jigger White creme de menthe
1/2 jigger Southern Comfort

Serve in "pony" glass. Light with match, let burn approximately 30 seconds to warm drink. Blow out flame and serve.

Blow Hole Fizz

1 jigger light rum
1 part grenadine
white of one egg
1 part sweet cream

Blend all ingredients.

Ono Tasty Pepperoni Tomatoes
Frank Trott

20 cherry tomatoes
2 or 3 sticks hot pepperoni

Wash tomatoes, cut thin slices from top of each. Scoop out center. Cut pepperoni sticks into tiny pieces, mix with 1 tsp. mayonnaise and stuff tomatoes.

Pele's Hot Ripe Olives
Marge MacQueen

Add 1 large clove of pressed garlic to 1 can pitted black olives and liquid. Bring to a boil. Drain liquid and serve hot with toothpicks.

Baby in the Blanket
Kaimana Beach Hotel, Waikiki

Hard boiled eggs
Slices of sirloin beef.

Sauce:
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup Mirin
1/2 cup soy sauce
5 T sugar
1/2 cup Dashi (clear broth)
1/2 t grated ginger
Dash mono sodium glutamate
2 t sesame oil

Slice the beef into thin slices. Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs and wrap firmly with the beef slices. Tie with string. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Dip egg-beef roll in the sauce and boil till beef is cooked. Cool. Slice into 1/2 inch pieces and serve.

From Hawaii Cook Book (copyright 1965 Pacifica House, inc.)

Luau Mayonnaise

Thin 1 cup of mayonnaise with 2 tbs. pineapple juice or syrup and 1 tbs. maraschino cherry syrup. Blend to a smooth pink color.

Cheese 'N Pineapple Pupus

1 fresh pineapple, cubed
1 1/4 cups Luau Mayonnaise
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Serve pineapple chunks on picks with bowls of other ingredients. Dip pineapple first in mayonnaise, then in cheese and coconut.

Honolulu Dip

1/2 cup crushed pineapple
2 T chopped mint
3 oz. cream cheese
2 T mayonnaise

Blend ingredients well. Serve in small bowls with hot fried celery sticks and, or, crackers

Kim Chee Dip (Oriental Relish Dip)

1 8 oz package cream cheese
2/3 cup Kim Chee

Soften the cream cheese at room temperature. Beat, blending in Kim Chee. Taste, add extra red pepper if desired. Makes about 1 1/2 cups to dip. Serve with chips or crackers.

Luau Fruit Bits

cut fresh pineapple and papaya in bite-size pieces and serve on picks with Luau Mayonnaise dip.

Seafoam Salad

1 package lemon gelatin
1 cup hot water
3 T lemon juice
1 t salt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sieved avocado pulp
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
lettuce leaves

Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Cool and add lemon juice and salt. Chill until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in mayonnaise, avocado, and whipped cream which have been blended together. Pour into an oiled ring mold and chill until firm. Unmold on lettuce leaves.
Seafoam Salad may be varied through the choice of garnish. Use mandarin oranges and grapefruit sections for a light salad and marinated shrimp or lobster for a heartier salad.

OMG those recipes all sound disgusting. I wonder how many times they have actually been made . served, and consumed

W

It just occurred to me that these recipes could be quite useful if there's certain peoples parties you don't ever want invited to again.

After one encounter with Luau Mayonnaise (for those not paying close attention Luau Mayonnaise is: "...1 cup of mayonnaise with 2 tbs. pineapple juice or syrup and 1 tbs. maraschino cherry syrup..." blended til pink) here's how your next invitation to another barbecue at the Schnardgrasses could go...

Gayhead Schnardgrass: Harvey and I were thinking of having another of our little barbecues the weekend after the 4th...

You: Oh wonderful! I'll bring a big batch of Luau Mayonnaise and a pitcher of Blow Hole Fizzes! Harvey's just allergic to egg yolks, right?

Gayhead Schnardgrass: Oh my! The weekend after the 4th, what was I thinking! harvey's mother's boyfriend is having his bonespur removed that weekend, we'll all be in Phoenix!

You: Oh darn! Well, next time for sure!

Gayhead Schnardgrass: Oh yes, next time. Definitely.

The information found on TC can make you look suave and help get you chicks. Case in point; a recent coversation between my wife and I-
Wife - "Look babe, here's a recipe for meatballs with BBQ sauce and grape jelly"
Me - (suavely) "That is actually based on a 1950's recipe for cocktail wieners, the addition of the grape jelly was considered exotic at the time"

Don't ask me if I made love to her, or which one of us started to cry...*

*Harry Chapin - Sequel

The thread In Search of Mid-Century Tiki Dishes reminded me of this thread so I'm bumping it into the light of day just in time for backyard luau season.

A

My aunt in West Chester NY use to make fabulous sweet and sour meatballs. Her secret ingredient was grape jelly.

WOW! We do the weenie sauce (as mentioned in previous posts) but put in meatballs - throw the whole works into a slow cooker and call it 'Party Balls'. Goes over pretty well!! Also a variation on the sauce goes as follows: 1 can cranberries & 1 jar of Heinz chili sauce (nice & easy!)

I think this is new and informative post for me, because I haven't heard before about this kind of stuff, but thanks for sharing this.

[ Edited by: clerkpelican 2010-10-29 03:26 ]

W

And yet I dearly want to try it.

W

Just because it's pineapple doesn't mean it's Tiki food, but this is so ingenious and so beautiful...

This was an ad in the August 29 1972 Pictorial which was a supplement to the Sunday Seattle Times.

Actually, that looks kinda cool - too bad I gave up green Jello for Lent :D

Pages: 1 41 replies