Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 244 replies

Thanks Dr. G, I sold my Big Head Bastard. The one that had Easter Island influence and a round big head and earrings. Had a lot of people throughout the day giving me good praise. Felt good to be appreciated for all my hard work. TT

You deserve it.
By the way, my wife appreciated the 'lovely' comment. She sends her best and wants one of your pieces in our home too.

TT you've come along way since your first carvings. Starting to develop that style !

S

Looking good. I didn't see the stools before whats up with
them they are cool.

Whats going on with the cedar log?

BD

nice pieces there TT. yeah alcohol does bring out the creativity but you got watch out for the tools, they sometimes attack when the alcohol flows. keep up the great work.

bd

Seeksurf, The stools are something I picked up at a garage sale. No idea where there from. I have been working on a couple of small pieces. I have not started on the logs I got from you yet. I will soon. I have a commission job for a large one that I am going to use a palm. It is too heavy too move right now though. Will post some pics of my small pieces later. Out.

NICE JOB !!! The green guy look's COOOOOOL !!

B

Tucson, Excellent stuff as usual, I Really love the smoothe, rounded fullness of your pieces. You take your finishing seriously and it shows.

Just finished this up for a good friend. It has all the elements that he wanted. Customer gets what he wants. This one is going in a New Zealand hotrodders garage bar area. It is a little cartoony but fun and it is definetly standing at full attention. Hope it don't offend any of you. I have carved a few small ones that I will post later. Haven't carved much since the first of the year. Enjoy if ya will.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-05-26 23:19 ]

Did the wind come up? Nice boss boner tuff guy.
Way to say on the edge.

Ya Seeks, You gotta carve something like this to keep the heathens away from "The Bog" It was fun to do. A little weird but so am I. He was extatic over it and he paid. What am I to do? I think I am going to use the hardwood log you gave me next. It has been cracking badly in the dry heat here and I don't know if it useable yet. I may have to cut the ends off and see if the middle is still solid. I 'll let ya know. TT

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-05-28 23:17 ]

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-05-28 23:18 ]

Well, It looks like nobody wants to touch this one with 10" pole. I thought it was pretty funny, but what the hell do I know. I'm just a drunk with a couple of chisels and some spar finish and a wild imagination. Ok. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Everybody Wang-Chung tonite~~ cool chop, Meng.

love them Erotic,s very kool .

A couple of other ones I have done and have not posted recently.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-06-01 23:32 ]

I screwed the pooch. One more pic of a skinny log that has a water feature spitting watter out a copper tube for a water garden if ya want. The one on the right is the one I did recently. Got a couple more in the works.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-06-01 23:37 ]

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2009-06-01 23:38 ]

It's been 3 years since I carved. I have lurked the whole time though. Lots has changed in my life in that time. Buddy of mine is getting married so I thought I would carve him a wedding present for him and his wife. This one is 6 1/2 tall. It will live in Washington State where I am from orginally. I'm kinda rusty but jumped in with both feet. Enjoy TC'ers!

And it is also obvious that it's been a while since I figured out how to post pictures and get the post right. Sorry about that.

Fixed the color some. I think it looks better now.

Love this dude! Very nice work!

T

That guy has a nutty nose

T

That guy has a nutty nose

I thought the same thing when I was carving it. Ball sack on his face. Good conversation piece.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2012-07-28 22:38 ]

Knocked out a small guy that I started a couple of years ago. Nothing too special about it. Just felt like finishing it. Still need to stain it later today. This will be a gift for a buddy of mine.

T

3 years?! Waaay too long! Welcome back. Great carve!

L

That's a serious chop on that '33/'34 Ford in the garage!
How about posting a picture of that, too? :)

The reason I have been gone so long is I have been working on my Ford 34 5 window coupe. Hotrods are my first love and I spend most of my time working on them. Here ya go. Chopped 5 1/2 inches. I love Bonneville/early 60's drag style coupes. I will be out at the salt flats next week in my 29 rpu. Enjoy

![](http:
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8479/501f363e.jpg)

L

WOW that's a hard chop! Reminds me of the Pierson Bros. coupe.
Good stuff!!

That's how I roll baby! Why screw around with soft generic streetrods when you can build a bonafide hardcore hotrod with some balls and an attitude. I want it to look pissed off.

Back at it. Pictures are poor in the shade. will get better pictures when I finish this one up for a customer. Feels good to carve again.

Got it sanded and burned a little. I use copper sulfate on the wood to preserve it since it rots so fast when left alone. It gives it a little bit of a green tint that fades after a while. I will use a satin poly finish to protect it since my customer wants to set it guarding his cerimonial hottub of sin.

P

sweet old coupe....

kinda has the "lakes" vibe like that.....

Finished and ready for delivery. On to the next one. I kinda getting the bug again. We'll see.

Knocked out a simple one today for a customer. He is going to use it to make a mold amd make a glass sculture. I wonder how that is going to work out? I will post it up when he does it. He did not want to much detail or undercuts. Pretty simple and basic for sure. But at least I 'm kinda back in the groove of things. I got a really big one planned next with the log you see me skinning on the car trailer. Damn it's heavy!!

Holy shit that's a fat log. It must take all day to skin it by hand. I'm digging your tikis. I can't wait to see what you do with that fat log on the tailgate. Post pics. Aloha

Monster log mate! Look forward to seeing what you do with it...

Ya, me too. I had to walk away from that to work on some other projects.I do have big plans for it though. It'll be there.

Finish on this small feller.

Great grain on this palm. Smooth.

Carved this one for a customer in Colorado. 50 inches tall.Enjoy if you will TC. had fun doing this one. I am happy with it.

M

Score! Absolutely nailed it.

Welcome back

McTiki

M

[ Edited by: mctiki 2013-04-28 16:26 ]

way cool

jon

T

Nice! Neat sign too!

Looking good - nice job!

HT

That wide-eyed bone daddy is outta sight!

Thanks. Been busy and have not looked at the response since I posted it. Gonna start on another large one soon. Really big fella. Feels good to get back into it a little bit. I am back on that log that was on the car trailer. I have a very wild idea for that one. Should be a real challenge to say the least.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2013-05-06 00:25 ]

Here is what is left of the huge log I had on the trailer. My interpatation of the "birdman" It will be suspended in a holder under it's arms. Picture a ring with three legs coming off of it to make it look like he's hanging there. Still have a lot of detail work left to do but it is roughed out. I already have this one sold off which I'm happy about. The head will look like a bird skull when I'm done

A
amate posted on Fri, May 10, 2013 4:51 PM

Can never go wrong with a bird man!...or anything Easter Island - IMO

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 244 replies