Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 244 replies

A little more carving action today. Starting to take shape.

Lookin good

Jon

C
cy posted on Sun, May 12, 2013 7:32 PM

That does have a nice shape Tucsan, another great looking carving!

Thanks, I will get to work on it some more tomorrow. Should really start to look like something. I think when it's done and sitting in it's stand it should be pretty bitchin'

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2013-05-12 23:14 ]

that looks interesting, thats going to get hard to carve once you get to the back side. I bet the tip of that beak is brittle

The beak is solid and strong. No worries there. The backside is no problem either. It rolls over nicely on the 4x4's. The head will resemble a birds skull and will be stained a white to simulate bone. The body will be darker. Going to get materials today for the holder/stand.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2013-05-13 09:04 ]

I made the stand yesterday. It will get painted satin black. Set the peckerhead in the stand for a look see. Had to use an engine hoist to get it in there. Heavy for one guy. Still need to finish the staining. Head will be white wash. Body will be dark .This on is already spoken for. Wish makes me happy. Yeah!, More hotrod parts!

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2013-05-15 13:51 ]

Slapped a little color on him this afternoon. turning out better than I thought it would.

[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8479/519429c2.jpg[/i

Put the finishing touches on the birdman today. It is available if interested. I thought I had it sold but he wants something different. So I'm carving him a different one now. I can deliver to LA on Father's Day if need be. I think it turned out awesome. I am really happy with it.

FOR SALE****FOR SALE***** FOR SALE*****

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2013-05-22 18:26 ]

Must be too weird huh? All I hear is crickets. I am already working on the next one

P

trippy...

H

Twisted.

To be a trendsetter you gotta think outside the box. Someday when I'm dead it will be worth millions.

Wow...that is wild...love your "out of the box" thinking.

really cool very area 51

I think the head is too pointed. I did not want it to look like an alien. It was supposed to look like a bird skull. Maybe I'll round the top of the head more.

Since My last carve was so Out There I decided to head back to what I know. Here is my latest. It's 6' 4" and heavy. Just about busted something while standing it up. Not as strong as I used to be. Still need to do a few details and sand some more but it's getting there. It is a little top heavy and will have to be secured when it is set in place. Enjoy if you will. Cheers!

M

Nice biggin!

He looks great!

McTiki

Thanks, I will be sanding today. Oh Joy!

D

Great start. I like him.

I get down to Tucson occasionally to get my Lindy's on 4th burger fix - I'd really like to see your stuff up close...

Cheers!
David

Maybe I can work something out. I'll let you know.

Took a few pics of the two recent tikis that I just finished.I forgot to put the finished spear in the tall ones hand. Whoops. Enjoy if you will.

I had a chunk of cutoff left over from one and decided to try a mask today. My first attempt didn't turn out too bad.

Another done today.

A lot of good looking tikis you've got there.

Thanks, I must be doing something right since they are all sold. And that's good for my hotrod project. I'll keep banging them out. Got some more logs today. Thanks goodness I got a good source for free logs.

Got another one almost done. Just gotta stain this lil' monster and it will be good to go.

Threw a little color on this chop and added a nose ring and a belly jewel. Just need to let stain dry and add a little satin Deft and call it done and ready to move it.

I like your work!

I need someone like you to move to New Jersey!!!

I took a few pictures today of the gang hanging out at the Voodoo Lounge. I 've been busy this last month. The light was good and the colors just pop together.

Really nice tiki bar gang you got there! I'll have what the third one from the left is drinking. :wink:

T

Yup, nice collection! That newest tiki is very nice as well. I really like the way the lines flow on your pieces.

Thanks, the one on the right is up for grabs if any one is interested. The others are spoken for. Trying to muster up the energy to start another one.

Delivered finished tiki's and sold one at the LA Roadster show. Happy and satisfied customers all around. Was a great swapmeet. Hotrods are my first love.I have a lot of hotrod friends. Somehow I looked pissed in that photo. I was tired and hot. Oh well! I'm the one not smiling. Scott from Deluxe Speed is smiling.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2013-06-18 08:17 ]

T

Killer tiki. He looks great in the car! Do they come as a package deal?? :wink:

Hotrods and tiki's just seem to go together. All my friends have killer cars. That's what we do.

Got into another carve this weekend. Just a little fellow. Nothing special really. Using up some smaller pieces before they split in this heat. Damn it dries out fast here when it's a 105 everyday. Gonna get to 110 this weekend. Whew! More details are to be added to this one. Not finished yet.

A little cherry stain with some Deft to come shortly and I will call this one finished.

BT

Nice, love the collar

really cool tiki

W

Love this guy!

How much do you love this guy? It could be yours. It's available.

[ Edited by: Tucson Tiki 2013-06-26 08:51 ]

Been a month or so since I had the urge to carve. Started on this one the day before yesterday. Still got a long way to go but I felt like sharing.

I love the eyes on the last one...I always think the eyes make or break a carve (for me)...I also like the previous one in the voodoo lounge...the color looks great too.. it looks like you have a nice set up there

D

Very cool. I like the way that the feet just blend into the base. How are you going to do the toes?

Made some more progress on this one but it aint worth a picture yet. Maybe after I work on it some more tomorrow it will look like something. Not sure on the feet yet. I'm still mulling that one over. This log is harder than most I've done. The wood is fighting me. I'll make something out of it yet. Stay tuned.

This ain't what it seems. It's more! Not done yet. Still some more shaping to do around the noggin'. It will get a few more embellishments.

Had some time today to get some more done on this fella. Still got a bone to put in his nose and some finish sanding. It's getting there.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 244 replies