Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

The Quiet Village podcast

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 344 replies

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Tue, Feb 5, 2013 9:04 AM

Digitiki,

Thanks for spinning some more of the jazz side of Denny and talking about these reissues. Just picked up a couple of them. Love the West Side Story angle! I'm collecting inspirations for our next quartet CD which we hope to work on this month!

best,
Mr. Ho

Folks, they are finally here! The Quiet Village mai tai glasses are in! Cradle your mai tai in comfort with original Eric October artwork emblazoned in retro aqua. The artwork features the signature Quiet Village tiki's listening to their iPods, and the Quiet Village mai tai recipe on the back! Go to http://www.digitiki.com

T

The glasses look fantastic! The color came out great!

Hey, I recognize those cocktails... authentic Quiet Village Mai Tais... very appropriate for the Quiet Village Mai Tai glasses!

D

Thanks Eric. Your artwork looks amazing!!!

T

The glasses are as awesome as the Podcasts. Just bought my pair!

Order placed! Nice work guys!

kevin

D

Eric out did himself! These glasses look so good with just about any liquid in them....but booze is best LOL

T

Got mine yesterday but I'm waiting to break them in this weekend with the DigiTiki Mai Tai Recipe! Nicely done! Perfect companion to the podcasts.

Though I bought mine a couple of weeks ago, I finally had a night home to mix a few Quiet Village Mai Tais. Imagine my surprise when I refreshed Instacast and voilá: new episode of the Quiet Village!

There you go folks - proof these glasses are not just functional...they're magic.

kevin

T

Found out about the new episode thanks to this thread (thanks for mentioning it Heylownine)!

LOVE the Bahooka tribute with ambient sounds of the restaurant at the end of the episode... so wonderful, and sad, and touching and moving all at the same time!

Funny, but whenever we were on our way to Bahooka, we'd always play Iz in the car on the trip over to put ourselves in the mood... you could always count on hearing an Iz song or two playing at Bahooka (along with the Tiki Room, Pirates of the Caribbean and Martin Denny, to name but a few).

Mahalos Digitiki!

Looks like The Quiet Village is getting their own radio station June 1! As a recent listener, I'm excited. I only hope I can access it through my Apple TV or iTunes.

D

heylownine, WOW what great photos! Makes me really thirsty and its not even lunch time yet!

TikiTaky: Yes, you should be able to get the radio station via iTunes and hopefully iTV---Well, let me clarify: It won't be listed in iTunes Radio within iTunes, however I do know that you will be able to click an iTunes playlist option on my radio page that automatically launches iTunes and loads the radio stream URL. At least it has in my tests.

Also, the station will be fully iOS, Android and Blackberry compatible for listening on the go! Just working out a few kinks before June 1st.

[ Edited by: Digitiki 2013-05-13 14:28 ]

Good HEAVENS! I can barely wait for the QUIET VILLAGE "KABOOM" onto all our airwaves...

JUNE 1ST .....sharp.

D

The Quiet Village Podcast hits 4,000+ subscribers!!

Thank you to everyone who listens on a regular basis. More great shows in the works!!!

TT

Congrats Digitiki!!!

Podcast #60 is fantastic, great interview with Nick from Tiki Magazine and cool tunes from the Tiki Delights!

T

Digitiki, thanks for the new podcast! First time I've heard Nutty, loved it. Oh yeah, the rest of the podcast didn't suck either! :wink:

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Sep 30, 2018 3:26 PM

O frabjous day! What a great surprise to find a new episode of "The Quiet Village" in my podcast feed after a year and a half of waiting! Now I need to set aside the right time to listen to it, with the lights low and Mai Tai ready.

Ayyyy, I wouldn’t have even realized it without your post! Mahalo!

Ooh! New episode!

T

YAY!!!

Superexcited there's a new episode! An the promise of more to come!

Can't wait for more!

MAHALO Digitiki, keep 'em coming'!

Yes, yes, I've missed the Quiet Village podcast. More please, Digitiki!

H
Hamo posted on Sun, Dec 30, 2018 3:50 PM

Episode 83 dropped yesterday. I'm super excited to listen to it because it features an interview with Lisa Ono, whose music I love (thanks to the Quiet Village Podcast!)

Fantastic! I shall download posthaste! The majority of my exotica/tiki/lounge music knowledge has come from this podcast.

This has always been my favorite podcast, love Mark's style and hope he can get back "into" it.

H
Hamo posted on Sat, Apr 27, 2019 10:27 PM

Digitiki's back with another episode featuring Darren Long of the Tiki Delights.

Another enjoyable show! I'm glad he is back, producing shows.

The inclusion of music from the Edison wax cylinders at the UC Santa Barbara was a definite bonus. I've listened to a few of those previously but their listing has expanded since then. And, the inclusion of music from The Exotica Project - One hundred Dreamland 45s was another bonus.

I enjoyed the interview with Darren Long so much that I found Darren's website and ordered his Dirk Daiquiri - Private Investigator trilogy.

H
Hamo posted on Mon, May 27, 2019 7:50 AM

Episode 85 just showed up in my podcast app. Here is Mark’s description about the episode from digitiki.com:

“The spirit of Aloha is something that is bandied around quite a bit with the Tiki set. This past week I got a huge taste of real aloha by spending the weekend at Tiki Caliente 11 in Palm Springs. This is a yearly event put on by Rory Snyder (Wilsdville Man). This year it was great to see all my old Tiki friends and make a few new ones! Mahalo to all of you I got to see.

Another big scoop of Aloha comes by way of Thomas Mackay and Lopaka Colon from the bank IntoxiKA, hailing from Honolulu. It was truly a pleasure and fun time talking with these guys about their music and their new debut album. Talking to theses guys was like talking to friends I have known all my life. Mahalo to you Thomas and Lopaka. I felt the Aloha Spirit and I'm confident you will too when you listen to Episode 84 of the Quiet Village Podcast.

Also a big shout out to Kenneth C. who continues to turn me on to new tunes and new bands. Keep writing in!

Thanks Hamo for the update! I'm downloading the podcast right now!

All the great comments about this podcast prompted me to finally listen to one, and by that I mean a podcast! Never did it until, episode 84!! What fun! Thanks to Mark for his great care and detail putting this together and to the T.C. family. Now time to listen to more Quiet Village...

I've been a fan of The Quiet Village podcast for a few years. I'm glad DigiTiki is back at it.

Great conversation with IntoxiKA on the most recent show! They have an interesting take on the exotica genre.

I picked up the Tiki Delights record after hearing it on the previous episode. Great stuff.

I'm SO happy you're back doing this!

kevincrossman wrote:
I picked up the Tiki Delights record after hearing it on the previous episode. Great stuff.

While listening to that episode (#84), I realized I had heard of and listened to Darren Long of the Tiki Delights previously. After a bit of research, I picked up Darren Long's "The Dark Daiquiri Trilogy" book. My wife Kat, after reading the first few pages, confiscated the book for her own enjoyment. I only recently got the book back and I have to say it is a entertaining read.

After introducing me to new-to-me music, DigiTiki introduces me to new-to-me fiction. Thank you!

Just bought the Kindle version of the Dirk Daiquiri trilogy. Thanks for reminding me about that.

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Jun 25, 2019 9:46 PM

A new Quiet Village episode dropped today.

H
Hamo posted on Thu, Oct 31, 2019 6:59 AM

If you need music tonight for your tiki Halloween party, Digitiki just released another episode: Music for a Spookilau, Vol. 2

http://www.digitiki.com/podcast.htm

[ Edited by: Hamo 2019-10-31 07:01 ]

On 2019-10-31 06:59, Hamo wrote:
If you need music tonight for your tiki Halloween party, Digitiki just released another episode: Music for a Spookilau, Vol. 2

http://www.digitiki.com/podcast.htm

[ Edited by: Hamo 2019-10-31 07:01 ]

I saw this last night, just a couple of minutes after he uploaded it, surprisingly enough! Interesting, eclectic musical lineup this time. Not terribly tiki, but then neither is Halloween. Apart from a handful of pop/rock songs, it reminded me a lot of Dr. Demento's Halloween-themed shows.

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Jan 28, 2020 6:09 PM

Digitiki just dropped another episode, one with an interesting premise: rare exotica found on YouTube. I'm looking forward to listening.

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Jan 28, 2020 6:09 PM

Digitiki just dropped another episode, one with an interesting premise: rare exotica found on YouTube. I'm looking forward to listening.

Thanks for posting this; I didn't know the newest one was there!

I listen to the Quiet Village Radio pretty frequently, but have been missing the actual podcast episodes.
Glad to have new ones!

I continue to appreciate Digitiki's podcasts. The latest was enjoyable and interesting and I fear I'll be sucked down a rabbit hole exploring it.

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Mar 16, 2020 11:24 PM

Good news if you're avoiding the outside world for a while and need a musical escape: Digitiki released a new episode on Sunday.

http://digitiki.com/podcast.htm

And another new post today! Exotica, birds, and rain to try and help you relax at home. Go get it!

kevin

Thanks! Glad to have something new to listen to while working next week.

Its so wonderful to back on Tiki Central. Welcome back!! Interview with TC's own Hanford Lemoore coming up in the nexts episode in about a week.

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Apr 18, 2022 7:35 PM

And welcome back to TC, Digitiki! Thanks again for your podcast. I have to catch up on a few episodes, and I'll be looking forward the next one with Hanford.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 344 replies