Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Watango Productions . tiki's by Campbell

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 463 replies

P

wow...that green is unreal...

well done bro...

without any doubts a high class workmanship- big respect!!!

Cheers guys . I've never been a fan of painted tiki's but I'm pretty stoked with how this piece turned out .
Matt did an awesome job with the stain and the gold leaf lettering and hopefully he'll raise a few bucks for the cause .
VIVA JADE IDOL !!

A couple of wall masks I've been carv'n for a show com'n up at Kustomlane gallery , both pieces
are 22" x 12" and carved out of Aussie Ash which comes up pretty sweet with some aged teak stain.

Cheers

H

Wow.

P

damn dude, that last one is looking GOOD...

I like them all..love the carving marks on the last one. It looks like an awesome shop too

Grand poobah , hilltiki ,Jeff Cheers guys. A few more pics of the finished masks .

Hang'n out at Kustomlane .

And then this happened , two days in hospital with an hour 1/2 of surgery later !

Damm I totally suck sometimes . Doc was happy with how everything went an reckon i should get full
use of my hand back within 6-8 wks but in the meantime least I've worked out how to roll smokes with ol lefty
and Ican still hold a beer!

H

Oy! nasty cuts, sorry to hear about the injury. Hope you heal fast. Love your last carving.

A
amate posted on Thu, Sep 5, 2013 9:34 PM

That had to sting! Get well.

H

Yikes! As said above, hope you heal up fast. You make great Tikis!

WC

I see this & just turn cold.
I often think how bad this could go if something goes wrong.
I don't need to get on a soap box, but
I'm sure I'll be more careful.
Glad to see the outcome looks good.

Was this a carving accident?

M

Cut resistant carving gloves are not very expensive.

C
cy posted on Fri, Sep 6, 2013 7:32 AM

Sorry to see such multiple cuts mate, hope you heal quickly, I will roll one with my left in your honor this evening.

P

how in the hell did you manage that bro????

what happened???

Yikes dude!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys . Naturally people would think that i did it carving but thats not what happened , like most of
you guys I'm constantly using chainsaws ,grinders and chisels etc and have always been totally safety crazy as im pretty attached
to my hands and eyes but this was one of those F#$k why did i do that moments. I'm sure you know what I mean when your reflexes
take over and in this case I grabbed onto a sheet of corragated iron sheet'n and you can see the result . Cheers again and as Arnie said
I'LL BE BACK

Hang'n out at K/lane

Sorry to hear about the accident. A good time for pause and reflection - and to get healed up. You do beautiful carvings, hopefully you'll be back at it before very long.

H
Heath posted on Fri, Sep 6, 2013 5:41 PM

OUCH!
Hand injuries suck!
Hopefully your hand therapist will be as good as the one I had, just take it easy and try not to rush it. Ripping stitches out of your fingers on accident hurts.
Cheers.

P

damn bro... be careful (said the dude who hurts himself on a daily basis)...

heal up quick-like,,,

G

Hey mate the masks look sweet especially in the exhibition.

Sorry to hear about your hand, at least it looks like they patched you back up pretty good. Sheet metal is a killer, I sliced my finger pretty bad last week fitting a floor pan to my old car.

Take care and I hope you're back on the tools soon.

Sam

B

It's impossible to carve with that hand, hurry and get healed up so we can see more carving.

thanks guys . i'n not having much fun st the moment but soon as i sort myself I'll be back with more carvings

Hey guys been awhile since I posted anything on TC , as most of you aware I cut my hand up pretty nasty last year which sent me into a downward spiral of depression and drink'n . I've managed to pull myself out of that cycle and are happy to be sober and get'n stoked on carv'n again , so that said here's what I've been up too.

First up is a 30" ku which I recently carv'd and is now hangout in Darwin.

Started this Lono piece the other day , hopefully finish him in the next couple of days.

Cheers Watango

H

Good to see you back Watango, glad you are doing well, been looking forward to your posts. Nice carve.

WC

Always good to hear of a come back story.
If no one else mention this,
in the future,
be careful.
Carve only the wood.
Nice carve.

C
cy posted on Thu, Apr 3, 2014 8:27 AM

Happy to hear you are healing both body and spirit Watango your work looks like you never left. Keep up the posts from down unda.

C

Nice work----good chiseling job.

just edited to correct bad spelling---

[ Edited by: congatiki 2014-04-03 08:54 ]

Cheers guys . Some more progress shots from yesterday, I"ve got a few pieces to catch up on so I'm try'n to keep busy.

A
amate posted on Fri, Apr 4, 2014 4:50 AM

You still have the chops. Good to see you healed and back up to speed.

Been busy over the wk/end so not much carv'n but managed to get a whole day in yesterday and hopefully finish today, just a few more details.

[ Edited by: Watango productions 2014-04-07 13:54 ]

Amate- thanks mate.
Burn't, sanded and stain, just need to belt sand the base as he's got a bit of a lean.

Cheers Watango

OK if he leans--he has a lot of swagger too. Great carving.

Congatiki- Cheers mate , this guys got a nice curve to him so i want him to lean forward. Started carv'n a mask outta more ash,
logs almost 3f so decided to go with another Lono.

P

lookin' killer bro... :)

Couple more progress pics of the mask , hope to finish this piece over the next few days

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8744/535ae02c.jpg[/img
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8744/535adff3.jpg)

Cheers Watango

[ Edited by: Watango productions 2014-04-25 15:30 ]

G

Good to see you're all healed up and back. Glad to hear you pulled through the tuff times and delivering some great carves as per usual. Keep them coming.

Cheers
Sam

Good to see you carving! You are turning out some stunning pieces. Keep it up guy.

• Dale

Grimbo - littlegiles Cheers guys . The finished Wall mask Lono 31"x13x7 stained Walnut.

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8744/536327b0.jpg[/img
[img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8744/536327fb.jpg)
Cheers Watango

Oops ,

A
amate posted on Fri, May 2, 2014 6:05 AM
  1. I like it! :)
P

that one came out nice... :)

Jeff - Amate , cheers guys. I've been invited to Greazefest again and this year it's in Melbourne so I've been busy trying to get some stock together. 20" ash Ku stained Charcoal

Bit of a theme here.

Cheers Watango

T

Those heads are very bold, lots of character. The charcoal color looks very nice on these.

C
cy posted on Sun, Jun 8, 2014 5:00 PM

Always cool work Watango, but I hope that Vegemite container was for mixing paint and not for consumption.

P

looks good bro!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 463 replies