Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Atomic Tiki Punk makes stuff

Pages: 1 2 3 4 164 replies

HT

I'll be damned. I've never seen this thread. Well, I guess now I've seen stuff that ATP has made.

ALSO, I JUST SAW THE BAY PARK BUZZY PINUP. I can't blink. Why can't I blink? Oh the humanity!

(I kid, that's hilarious Buzzy. And the type of thing that I'd do.)

And I dig your cheesy little fountain, man. What a great re-purposing. It looks like it was meant to be.

One last note, take a look at the cap on the 59oz Lipton Pure Iced Tea. As soon as I saw it, that Broyhill dining set came to mind. I looked online, and couldn't find a photo. I'll have to take one tonight. I was surprised, as the cap by itself looks like midcentury design because of its arches.

Cheers ATP!

Thanks tikiskip & Hale Tiki !

As I have been critical with others on TC, I welcome the same honesty
in return, so have at it TC, you can have it served cold if you wish.... :lol:

Hey I do like your House and other projects.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2013-05-20 12:54 ]

Nothing but good things to say. We would love to see your home and creations one day. It was fun to see you at Caliente. Wendy

Always great to see you Wendy!

ATP- WOW, that came out great...
It was nice to see you at Caliente
Take care and keep the photos rollin

Jon

C

It turned out great! Also love that shade of green on your walls :)

Gotta go along with Woofy...that fountain is cheesay as hellooooo in the day light, but in the glow of the Tiki light...looks great. Your share about the refinishing is quite on par with the Wendy posts...NICE JOB!!!

Can't get enough of that green.

You folks are kind, but vamps....your not "Green" with envy are you? :lol:

I just re-visited your second to last page and enjoyed it all over again. That was an art piece brought back to life but an experienced expert, you!
hang10tiki your logo re-mastered for ATP took me right back to my college days, good job, Wendy

Thanks Jon & Wendy, you guys are the nicest folks around!

PP

wow that's a kick ass piece of furniture!!! Ive right clicked your step by step, Ive got a mess of thrown away furniture sitting in my garage Ive wanted to refinish, but havnt been brave enough!!! thanks for all the good intel on your project looks better than new!!!!

Go for it Paul, just start with a basic piece of furniture
til you get the hang of it, my step by step should get you ready.

Jon, I like that graphic above that you created for ATP. How appropriate that the element Astatine (At85) is from the Greek "astatos" for "unstable" :lol:

Happy BDay

Jon you maniac, thanks buddy!

G

I used Minwax "Gunstock" color oil stain for this project....

I used Minwax Fast-Drying Polyurethane satin finish...

You know, if I would dig in and read some more of these threads, I probably could save myself some learning curve. After trying tons of different stain combinations for my cabinet, I ended up mixing Minwax Gunstock into Old Masters Cedar gel stain (blasphemy, probably). Minwax fast-dry poly was the second clearcoat I tried. I found it easier to work with. Plus, if I had read this before re-starting my cabinet, I could have hounded you endlessly for your knowledge :D

Greg, I think you did an outstanding job on your cabinet
but yes, The Minwax Gunstock stain is very close to a traditional
Danish Modern furniture color, I matched it to my vintage Danish Teak Dining table.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-06-17 01:29 ]

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 16, 2014 11:49 PM

Dining table, not dinning-----The Spelling Police.

I'll fix it Ernie, you meticulous bastard. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 164 replies