Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

kane gettin finished up!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 275 replies

T

DAMMNNNNNN!!!! Scott you've been kickin' ass! Love the new stuff espaciallly the booth, looked hot no shade. I got some stuff for you to check out. As soon as i get this damn puter set up. cant wait to see the finish on the 30 incher..
im out 316

ALOHA STATION!!! thnx for stoppin in and havin a look!!! thnx for the kind wrds also!! it means alot when guys like u give me a thumbs up!! cheerz!!

TIKIGODZ!! WHERE U BEEN ALL MY LIFE!!?? lol!! glad to have yah back!! and thnx for the props!! the showin wasnt bad it was pretty cool and breezy so the sun was welcome!! tent comin soon!! caint wait to see what yah been up to!! cheerz brah!!

well heres where im at w this guy. almost there bit more sandin and tweekin but real close!! decided to throw a little thane on the headress for showin the color contrast. almost carved a headress but just cldnt do it the bark was just too cool all by its self!!! thnx for lookin!! cheerz!!

TT

Looks great! I may need some staining tips, if your willing to share?

TIKI TONZ!! ask away my freind!!! im willing to share what i know!! all yah gotta do is holla!! thnx for lookin and the kind wrds!! cheerz!!

Perfect!!

surfin tiki you are to kind!! thnx a ton!!! cheerz!!

C

Looking good! I like the two textures a lot.

CLARITA!! thnx for stoppin in and the kind words!! yeah the colors and tex make him realy cool glad i didnt skin him first!!! thnx again !! cheerz!!

well as im waitin for the last guy to dry up a bit more i started another!!! this is my take on kane. hes almost 40 in tall and 14 in arnd at the top. this is in the middle of roughn him out. gunna expand and shape those eyes more and lots of shapin and detail work to go . but here he is!!! thnx for lookin cheerz all!!

B

On 2010-03-04 18:52, BIG tiki scott wrote:

More awesome than awesome.

Benjamin.

TT

Hey Big tiki Scott, I've been carving with Mexican fan palm a lot lately cause its been available to me. It seems that stain will maybe not hold so well, might just get sucked right up. I have min wax laying around, but maybe you have other suggestion on a good stain or a way to do it.

T

Wow Sott the just keep getting better and better. You doing some bouncer ads now lol.

BENELLA!!! thnx for stoppin in and havin a look!! you are too kind!!! awsome is awsome but more awsome then awsome is really awsome!!! thnx a million benella!!! cheerz!!

tiki tonz!! thnx for swinin in and dropin a line!! as for the mexican fan palm i have dun a cple out of that and two big root balls of the same bout ready to go!! u are correct when u say that this palm when dry will just suck stain right up!! u will still get the color only it will be a little subdued. sum remedies to help the stain absorb more evenly and for lack of better words more "correctly" would be a nice coat of sanding sealer/prestain after any burning is dun. then stain and thane another not realy politicly correct way to do about the same thing is thin urethane w a bit of laqure thinner apply then let dry good for a day or so. make sure u do any of this after burnin!! then when you stain usin a brush wrks pretty good to keep things even. minwax stain or any oil based stain will wrk fine and is what i use. and also remember even if you dont try the pre stain /sanding sealer urethane makes all stains jump out ALOTT!! sheen is up to you but satin is most comonly used. hope this helps any ques just holla!! cheerz!!p.s. mybe try sum of this on a piece of scrap just too see what it will do.p.p.s. the guy withe bark headress has no stain at all on him the bark when sanded lightly will be this color!!

tikigodz!! flmao thnx brah cheerz!!

[ Edited by: BIG tiki scott 2010-03-08 16:28 ]

TT

Hey Big tiki Scott, thanks for the tips! I knew it would take a few different steps to get it lookin good. I have made many tikis, but not done a whole lot of staining cause I didnt know how they would come out, and I didnt want to screw them up. This helps a ton. I'm starting something for a customer this week, I will give it a shot. Alot of people have preferred the raw look with just some burn. I've always been concerned with a sealer for protecting from the elements,this sounds like it will take care of both. Thanks again, let u know how it does. Tiki tonz

cool !! glad i cld help!! spar thane is excellent for outdoor protection but has a yellowig effect on lighter woods and colors but usually looks great on most medium to dark colors and regular thane dosent realy tend to do this but dosent stand up to the sun as well!! good luck and cant wait to see what you come up with!! cheerz!!

aloha all!! well heres an update!! changed my desighn a bit on this guy but hes movin along still quite bit of rough to do but u can start to see him now!! thnx for lookin all!! cheerz!!

S

Nice! you getting down!

FLMAO!!! thanx a ton seeksurf!! cheerz!!

B

Nice Stuff Scott, great to see you busy while I've been away playing!!

T

Loookin; Goood Lookin DAMN GOOD!

BENZ!! yepp squeezin time in here and there been busy at wrk but im a chip choppin away!! now enugh of this playin u speek of and back to carvin!!! and as they say chop chop!!! cheerz benz!!!

TIKIGODZ!! hes comin along those eyes have been sendin me for a loop but a bit more shapin and finishin of the headress should shapem right up!! thnx for the props!!! cheerz brah!!

well guys and girls heres a quick teaser pic of my light up and smokin lono at the pet shop!!! more pics of the place and my tikis soon!!! thnx for lookin!! cheerz all!!

Awesome stuff man!

Hey Man, your for sure not blowin' smoke, but your tiki is. That's hot Big Scott!!!

B

Way COOL Scott and big Congrats to you, Can't wait to see the whole lot hangin round there scaring all the pets!! :lol:

That has got to be the COOLEST pet shop ever!!

Thats great Scott! I havent seen that one. How the hell did you get him to smoke?

IRISHCARVER!! BIG THNX!! CHEERZ!!

TIKITONZ!! thnx for stoppin in and the kind words!! when i get some good pics up then he will realy be smokin!!! cheerz!!

BENZ!!!! big thnx again!! im sure there scarin most of em but theres a couple trantulas in there that at very least are makin them tikis keep a good eye out!!

SURFIN!!! IT IS BY FAR the coolest pet shop i have been in!!! and am proud to have my tikis in there!!!and whats realy cool is they have all the weird pets that match its coolness!!! cheerz!!

im almost there w this guy!!! i burnd and did a light stain to see where im at and hes got some rough spots soon to be smoothed out but hes close!! thnx for lookin!!! cheerz all!!!

C

Nice! I want to see the smoking Lono better too seems great.

K

Whoa, that new guy is intense! I like him a lot... nice work!

I like this last one a lot. Nice job.

tikigodz I think I missed a reply here! He has a hole bored all he way yhrogh him then we installed the tube from a smoke machin from underneath (its the evaporater style) and it fids it's way out the headress and eyes!!!!!! Cheerz brah!!!

clarita thnx for stoppin in and the kind wrds!!!! I plan on takin lots o good pics next week so hang in there!!! Cheerz!!

kahaka thnx for havin a look and the props mch apriciated!!! Cheerz!!

sdshirtman thnx for stoppin in and the kindwrds!!!! Thnx a ton!!!! Cheerz!!!!

THAT'S a keeper!! Sweet! I'm still waiting to start a Hawaiian one myself.

T

Man that head dress is killer.!!! And you were worried about the eyes looks great.
You keep bustin' em out. and ill try to keep up. Hats off bro.

SURFIN TIKI!!!! Thnx for stoppin in and the kindwrds!!! I agree he's a keeper!! And looks to me like ur plate just got clean!! So how bout that hawiian god!?!? Nuthin but luv surfin!!! Cheerz!!

TIKIGODZ!!!! Thnx for swingin in and drppin a line!!! Yep the eyes was buggin me for a while but I'm luvinem now!! And nows the chance to pass me up nevermind keepin up!!!! I'm in orlando w the family doin a week o disney for the girls!!!! Cheerz brah!!!!

T

I here Disney has a good tiki scene Youve got to get some Pics.
Have fun bro and Mahalo to the ohana.

I will do my best and get sum pics!! The best to you and yours !!! Mahalo and cheerz brah!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 275 replies