Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

kane gettin finished up!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 275 replies

B

On 2010-01-15 18:07, BIG tiki scott wrote:

Nice style you have on this one. Keep it up!

Bowie

BOWIE!!! THNX FOR STOPPIN IN AND THE KIND WORDS!!!! i am def going to explore this style a bit!!!! thnx again!!! cheerz!!

Have I already said WOOOOWEEEE before? Nice job, i WISH i had your time and talent.

scotty!!! thnx a million bro!!! i KNOW U GOT THE TALENT!!! time well lets just say im blessed that i make my own hrs and u might ask my wife if i realy have as much time as i use!!!! lol!!! cheerz and again thnx for lookin!!!

B

cool Golden Ku Scott and the slurpy tongue guy is excellent too but the golden guy really shows how your skills have improved.

BENZ!!!!! Thnx for stoppin in and your kind wrds!!!! slrpy tnge guy was realy more of a see if icld doit type of thing. and i agree the ku came out killer!!! and like u and many freinds and family have said "what a huge diff in ur carvin!!! so thnx again benz!!!!!! cheerz!!!!

C

Nice work, they both came out awseome. Cant imagine the time you spent carving those. It seems to take forever on mine, think i need to invest in a chainsaw to make the big cuts go faster, right now im using just chisels! haha. I started work on the new one, its going to be another head only carve. Ill post pics soon. Again great work!

claq!!!! thnx for stoppin in!!! and thnx for the kind words!! i have about 18 hrs in the ku and about the same in the dbl inclding finish. cant wait to see the new guy!!!! keep us posted!!!!! cheerz!! and thnx again!!!

F

Damn those new efforts are killer. The golden guy is sooo clean and tight and get off my head is just badass.

Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen. :vaderemoticon:

FURBALL u killin me man!!! but thnx a million!!! just tryin to keep the gods happy!!! lol!! cheerz brah!!!

well heres a new one for u guys to gander!!! he is about 40 in tall and about 9 in diam. hes somewhat kona inspired. only got abt 3n hlf hrs in tdy but not a bad start!! so here he is!!! and thnx for lookin!! cheerz all!!

Off to another great start.

THNX SCOTTY!!! CHEERZ!!

Holy canoli!

That already looks great. I can't wait to see it finished. What kind of wood is that?

Aloha!

Marcus

AWEULEKUULA!!!! thnx for stoppin in and the props!!! the wood is from a standing dead coconut palm. thnx for lookin!!! cheerz!!

well heres the latest on the lono guy!!! hes comin along good!!! hes got a suprize!! still need some refinment on the eyes and various things and the headress didnt come out at all like i envisiond but im gunna fix that right up!!!so here he is and thnx again for stoppin in!!!

SUPRISE, SUPRISE, SUPRISE! (Gomer Pyle)
Another great one for sure!

flmao!!! i remember that!!!! thnx scotty!!! cheerz!!

Yeah! THat must look bad-ass at night! Nice effort.

C

Again, great work, i really like the light idea, came out awesome!

Very cool!

SURFIN TIKI!! thnx for stoppin in and the kind words!!!! hes very cool at night must be a slightly dark area but it wrks very well!!! cheerz!!!

CLAQ 50!! thnx for stoppin in and the props mch apreiciated!! playin w diff lights and wattages when i find the right one i will post more lit up shots thnx again!!! cheerz!!!

TIKI MANGO!! thnx for drppin a line and the kind wrds!!! cheerz!!

well ladies and gents heres the finished lono!! this only a burn w tcps in stain dried than thane NO STAIN!!!! it just soaked up that thane and turend dark!! i knew it would but its darker than anticepated! broke my bulb so will post w new bulb and all lit up gunna try diff bulbs too!!! also tis is a wall mnt mask that i just did tdy!!! it is the hide of a dried out royal palm. its about 12 x 21inlight finger rubbed stain and hand rubbed satin thane. and last but not least my brother has been doin some sighns as of late and this if i may say so is his best yet!!!! enjoy all and thnx for lookin!!!! cheerz all!!!

P

"armadillono?"

hahaha, looks very cool!

FLMAO!!! never looked at it like that but he def has an armadillo back!!! honestly i hated the first version that i did it looked so good drawn out then after i carved it did not like so this is what i came out w an armadillono!!!! flmao!!! cheerz brah i love this place man!!! cheerz!!!

B

Great Looking Stuff Scott, I'm Really loving the big, bold, deep features you are carving into your pieces, your style is obvious and sets you apart. Well Done!

BENZ!!! WHERE YAH BEEN!?!? so glad yah stopped b y and had look!!! thnx for your always encuraging comments!!!! very much appreciated!!! again glad to have yah and please stop by again!!! cheerz benz!!!

aloha all!!! had some wrk this weekend that had to be dun on the weekend soooo i didnt get mch carvin in but tdy i did!!! this guys about 38 in tall and ten in arnd. he has quite a few levels so he shld be a fun challenge!!!! well heres what i got roughed out on the face still lots to go but its a start! mahalo all for lookin cheerz!!!!!!!

The face flows really well. Nice Job

SCOTTY!!! thnx for stoppin in and havin a gander!!! so far so good!!! thnx for the kind words and i will keep yah posted!! whats next for u!?!?! cheerz brah holla!!!!

T

scott, the lono came out great. I like your design - and of course the execution of it is perfect. I like the back, that's really cool. Good stuff man.

Bts - I just returned from the coast this weekend a brought back a trailer load of over sized logs. I should be carving again soon.

SWEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!! cant wait!!! cheerz!!!!

S

Looking Good!

THNX!!! CHEERZ!!

ok!! i been busy on my outdoor kitchen!!! was tryin to get to a usable state for the wifeys bday party that was on sat night heres a few pics while we was wrkin and a few of where were at!! gettin close still need to get my mini fridge, hook up sink and carve tiki head knobs for it!!,the door under the sink will soon be doors that was temp for the party and the doors under where the soon to be made removable cuttin board will be will also be changed to the reed style face and all will feature bamboo handles!!! need to make another light and four hangers for under the thatch roof if yah didnt notice the bar top features a "wave style drink sink" the counters are integrally colored ground and polished concrete the floor is also ablack with rust color streaks staind concrete. building bar stools soon and lots of decoration!!! good so far but far from dun!!! enjoy all and thnx for lookin !!! p.s. new pics of earlier started carve in a day or so!!!

Pretty Rad, You are one busy dude.

thnx scotty!!! always always goin!!! its all good when im doin the stuff that makes me happy and this kinda stuff plus tiki carvin and related stuff is what i luv the most!!! along w the wifey and kids too!!! but thnx a million!!! cheerz scotty!!!

well.... got some carvin in today not as much as wanted but proggress anyway!!! thnx for lookin!!! cheerz!!

C

Looking good! You have a nice 'n' clean carving style. Nice
bar too.

conga tiki!!!! thnx for the kind words and stoppin in!! a ways to go on both projects but comin along good!!! thnx again!!! cheerz!!!!

T

are those raisens?

lmao!!!! nah bad teen acne!!!

T

well , raisens or acne thisis a great looking piece!

LMAO!! THNX TIKIVILLE!! he is a bit pitted but were wrkin it!!! thnx again cheerz!!

C
claq50 posted on Thu, Feb 4, 2010 6:40 PM

I like the bar. Funny thing is i also just started on my backyard bar, just took out all the old screen enclosure and started to frame it up, when i get more work done ill post some pics, like the look of yours though.

claq!! funny how that stuff wrks!!! thnxs for the props!! and i got a ways to go but thats most of the big stuff!! def keep us posted on ur build!! thnx again!! cheerz!!

B

AWESOME!! dude you rock!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 275 replies